Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    No more comms to make them, hate when I visit a shop and end up buying all of the stuff I want.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Guys, this isn't a rage about the events going on. I think the global event with the mhun going on has ramifications that are touching every single part of the game, and that is amazing.

Mine is not a rage, mine is an anguish. I am watching these events unfold and I am absolutely certain that I am not qualified to lead during these things. I feel inadequate to handle it, so my answer is: Kill it! And that answer isn't a good answer.

#UnsureLeaderWoes

Faerah
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Ah, but that's the best time to test yourself. No one expects anyone to be this great leader, I know I wasn't. Just put forth all the effort you can and it'll overcome the shortfalls. My leadership is lacking, but I was willing to outwork most and so the positions suited me. People like you, they'll follow. Just go for it.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

TragerIshinElie
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Mariena said:

Guys, this isn't a rage about the events going on. I think the global event with the mhun going on has ramifications that are touching every single part of the game, and that is amazing.

Mine is not a rage, mine is an anguish. I am watching these events unfold and I am absolutely certain that I am not qualified to lead during these things. I feel inadequate to handle it, so my answer is: Kill it! And that answer isn't a good answer.

#UnsureLeaderWoes

If I can lead through that aberration crap that happened, you'll be just fine with this stuff. Just roll with it! You'll do great, I'm sure.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You left in the end :|

YOU LEFT.

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I think the best part about Duiran RP was that it really is usually something along the lines of, "If we can't fix it, we're going to kill it!"

Also, I think you're anguishin' out too hard here. Go with it, have fun, try and help other have fun.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Serrice said:

You left in the end :|

YOU LEFT.

Hey, I didn't say I didn't leave. But it had nothing to do with tough events! Don't want to get into the details, but they are things that any leader has had to deal with. Sometimes, you just have to roll with it in a whole other area.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    She joined the dark side because vampires are hot.
    XeniaAryanneTragerSolaria
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Mmm corpse breath and century old skin
    MoireanTragerSolariaAryanneFaerahSetneStathanEmelle
  • One of these days I'll make a vampire.

Maybe.
    Solaria
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth

*makes @Rashar‌ a vampire*

SolariaRasharAryanneErzsebet
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2014
    Bashing in Tcanna...

POLE SPINSLASH ANIMAL

You strike an enormous elephant with a somber silver-edged halberd.
    You have scored a STAGGERING CRITICAL hit!
    Damage done: 0 (15643 overkill), cutting.
    The final blow proves too much for an enormous elephant, who expires, pitifully.
    Experience Gained: 7044 (Bashing) [total: 54306522]
    Having slain an enormous elephant, you retrieve the corpse.
    A rush of energy fills you as you feel ready to deliver a devastating blow upon your next target.
    Spinning a somber silver-edged halberd deftly in your hands, you bring it about for another strike.
    Spinning a somber silver-edged halberd sharply before slamming its haft into the ground, you fling a volley of stone shards at an enormous elephant.
    You have scored a MUTILATING CRITICAL hit!
    Damage done: 9896 (4864 overkill), cutting.
    The final blow proves too much for an enormous elephant, who expires, pitifully.
    Experience Gained: 6142 (Bashing) [total: 54312664]
    Having slain an enormous elephant, you retrieve the corpse.
    A rush of energy fills you as you feel ready to deliver a devastating blow upon your next target.

POLE SPINSLASH ANIMAL

As you focus, a somber silver-edged halberd grows jagged and frosty, deathly spikes of ice streaming from it as you swing it hard into a large war elephant.
    Damage done: 1216, cutting.
    Spinning a somber silver-edged halberd deftly in your hands, you bring it about for another strike.
    You aim a mighty swing into a large war elephant, the blade of a somber silver-edged halberd hacking into his gut. With a snarl, you wrench your blade free, spilling his entrails in a gory display.
    Damage done: 1152, cutting.
    A large war elephant, your loyal companion, has been slain by Moirean.
    The final blow proves too much for a large war elephant, who expires, pitifully.
    Having slain a large war elephant, you retrieve the corpse.

Edit:

A narrow spear of silver light strikes the floor, bringing a large war elephant gently to earth.

Voice abrupt, you scold a large war elephant harshly.

Omei's a hero. Lesson learned! Ponies only for Tcanna!
    AarbrokIshin
  • @sarita you ain't got what it takes, bb. :)
  • Game rage? Aetolia slumps. It's like they never go away :(

...Except now it's exacerbated because you feel crappy for not contributing and interacting with people. Hnng and whatnot.

AryanneIosyneFerrikEmelle
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I'd log in, but Dragon Nest apparently had rough, unprotected sex with my laptop and now it's not answering my calls.
  • Don't worry about it, @mariena. You could always be the asshole and just take a, "This ain't our problem" stance, like Rash does. :)
    Faerah
  • @damariel we luff you anyway
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The lack of a thread for neutral statements, like the fact that I think I became an unofficial minister when @Xenia left(I'M STILL MAD ABOUT THAT).

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    The official ruling from the Chair's office is that the Ministry of Drink is off on a bender.
    XeniaAarbrok
  • That point where you're half drunk, 90% afk, 90% distracted, only logging on because you feel obligated, and some God is trying to talk to you through a mob to push an event.

I'm sorry, man. :(
  • @setne, the Ministry of Drink is actually the highest position in government--- Just nobody realizes it yet. Deep breaths, deep drinks, you can do it.

MoireanAarbrokStathanSetne
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited August 2014
    Being told that something you put a lot of effort into for several real months equats to nothing because ooc a person knows an admin/god who will guarantee they gain said thing instead. Kind of makes you feel let down when you get told this and creates a bit of paranoia :(

/feels disillusioned now

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Jayce
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I would not let that get to you @Riluo‌ - as much as I was surprised to see the lack of secrecy behind the administration/Celani here in Aetolia, I was pleased to see that contrary to some players beliefs not as much of that "I know an admin/god favoritism" that you would expect.

Mind you, most of us probably know someone who has or is an admin/god/divine, and sometimes things can be done to help bolster roleplay based on those relationships, but I see it done professionally and tastefully 95 percent of the time. I suppose it being a perk/flaw balance of a small MUD community it is bound we know of or know someone who has worked behind the scenes.

My advice in this scenario is what it would be for anyone who has roleplayed or created an idea, present it to an active divine, and see if they can help, even MOBMSG perhaps related NPC's or above all else even ISSUE yourself for advice on how to extend your roleplay and plans, since that is a means of customer service the least they could do is say "No, that wont fly"

Dont be paranoid and disillusioned, I have been there over things similar to this and then I realize there is always a way to Roleplay it, if it doesn't work out exactly how we think it will.

(I hope this was not an inappropriate response to any Admins or Gods out there, I think its amazing what you guys do for the game as Volunteers donating your time)

Trager
    edited August 2014
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    It's sad to admit, but mobmsg is rarely checked - you need to go out of your way to check it, and it's a bit of a nightmare to use, syntax-wise. You're better off messaging your patron directly.
  • I rage that 3 months after Feint became useable in combos, you still cannot use the Combo command with it!
    Elyni
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    "You mad?"

Really? I feel like I'm listening to Plato say, "Come at me bro" all over again.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

SolariaFaerahIshinRashar
  • Yeah, but the troll gang probably got a really big laugh out of it. Who are you to take that from them?

It took you one second to read and disregard that.. I bet four or five people chortled for whole minutes.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Rashar said:

Yeah, but the troll gang probably got a really big laugh out of it. Who are you to take that from them?

It took you one second to read and disregard that.. I bet four or five people chortled for whole minutes.

If they did, they need to be taken out back and beaten with an ugly stick(yes, the one from D&D), so that their particular brand of stupid ends with them.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    TragerErzsebetPeriluna
This discussion has been closed.