Aetolian Cookbook

StathanStathan Hot springs
Because I'm silly and absolutely adore cooking new things. I've got an idea.

We all have a series of recipes in game that we like more than others I'm sure, well, now I'm challenging the chefs among us to see if they can make it work IRL and post the recipe when you've got it worked out. I'm going to stop by a few places and grab one myself here in a bit to start working on and I'll post a finished recipe when I get it done. Maybe even pictures.
TragerMarienaEmelle

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Can we all mutually agree that @Jensen is not allowed to participate?

HeB2cute for prison.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

IosyneMoireanHaven
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I pretty much exclusively cook either veggie/vegan meals, or raw fish at home
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Well at least we don't have to worry about you trying to Cannibal it up IRL :3
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

edited July 2014

This for the rice part
    https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/556941_854268572299_1027827403_n.jpg?oh=388774605eff43c31ee20b784c4ed24c&oe=54587D39

For the filler, I usually use frozen tuna steaks, smoked salmon, or pre cooked shrimp.

The veggie ones I make use pan fried sweet potatoes, cucumber or avocado, and then I combine honey and diced mangos in a blender with a little water and dried chilies, then reduce in a saucepan and brush the inside of the veggie sushi.

The salad is a spring mix, with crushed walnuts, chevre, diced dried apricots, sesame oil, lime juice, and a little siracha
    StathanMoireanKaleigh
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    That sir, looks delicious. I'm more of a carnivore myself so I'll likely do kabobs or something with some nice big chunks of red meat.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A lot of my IG recipes are based on stuff I cook myself, or things I've eaten.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Yeah, almost all of mine are real recipes because I have a food meta-blog problem.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Clearly the thing to do here is make these foods and have an Aetolian meet cookout.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AryanneJensenEmelleMephistoles
    That's actually pretty close to what I want to accomplish Haven. Get a bunch of flavors together and put together a cookbook for everyone to have access too. I'd like to get it all bound and stuff but that ain't cheap so It'll likely just be the collection here in this thread.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    If you're slicing a steak for a sandwich or wrap or something, it's best to cut it against the grain, and thinly as it will pull apart more easily when bitten.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Restricting it to ingame things might make things weird with people wanting to make ~super unique aetolian things~, but a community cookbook with a favourite from each contributor would be glorious. You could rename the recipes to be aetolia-themed and punch it all together in one of those book-on-demand providers like Blurb... I'd be up for adding the prettifying side of this project to my to-do list if that was needed.

Haven
    I can write up a fair bit of recipes and give them Aetolian themed names. Or even take a few of the things out of the game

Gotta see if I can talk my girlfriend into making a Mysoganist though. Supposed to be made by women and all.
  • I have a handwritten book of recipes I have been collecting for the last year... I am terrible with names but I can post a few? Nothing from Aetolia.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Add mini marshmallows to the bottom of a chocolate pie, they'll kind of melt and make it crack and freak out as they expand and the pie cools, but the flavor is worth it. If you use a graham cracker crust you can call it smores pie! I wanna try adding a layer of whipped peanut butter to the bottom next time, or swirling it in.
    Haven
    edited July 2014

HavenAarbrokMoirean
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    ... is that your fridge at work?

Work? No
    AuresaeHaven
  • Oh gods, he actually IS a cannibal >.>
    JensenAarbrok