Arch Duke Andharai Bahir'an

SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
edited June 2014 in Roleplay Logs
This starts off while we are being raided, which I luckily cut all that spam out. This is from yesterday, and he's obviously been slain now as part of the event.

Actually, he's back up, so not dead from today's event.

(Bloodloch): Andharai says, "She's in Duiran. ...the pylon. It would seem I can sense her."

-much city fighting ensues due to the raid-

(Bahir'an): Grand Duke Iannas Bahir'an says, "Andharai has advanced - henceforth, he is Arch Duke Andharai, of the House Bahir'an."

-I congrat him on the promotion, though I've somehow deleted that-

-move to Bahir'an estate-

--- A well-ordered library ------ 12:-1:0 ---
There are 2 monolith sigils here. Grand Duke Iannas Bahir'an is here, engrossed in a book. A large, oak chest is here, etched and inlaid with the insignia of the House Bahir'an. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Arch Duke Andharai Bahir'an is here. Examining the surroundings with a perpetual sneer, a callous Praenomen vampire slouches here. An imperious hemic savant is here, leaning upon her scythe. A small sign indicates that LIBRARY CATALOG will list the materials in this library. Grand Duke Iannas Bahir'an is a tutor you can learn your skills from, view HELP LEARNING for more information.
You see exits leading north (open pine door), east (open pine door), and west.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

(Bahir'an): Andharai says, "Thank you. I have some theories about Nesventesh. I do not believe that the demonstration she exhibited just now was sustainable. it shouldn't have been possible, but it is certainly not sustainable."

Andharai says, "Your Imperial Highness."

Andharai bows respectfully to you.

You smile and say, "Good to see you both, Your Grace and Your Imperial Grace."

You say, "It is only I awake besides the two of you..."

You have emoted: Solaria with a furrow of her brow, "Why do you think it is not sustainable? Any reason?"

Andharai ponders the situation.

Andharai says, "We accept two principles of psychic power, two limiting factors. We call these equilibrium and mana. These are, of course, catch-all terms, used to refer to the basic fact that any psychic discipline is limited by speed of focus, and the amount of energy one possesses."

Andharai says, "Monk training and Consanguine training emphasize these principles, albeit quite differently."

You nod your head at Andharai.

You say, "Aye, I've been both forms, I know what you mean."

Andharai says, "Now, in an attempt to study my enemy, I have acquired Monk skills. It required a moderate investment of capital and some discretion, but I have a superb mastery of their arts. During Nesventesh's attack, I acquired her telepathic signature - she was too distracted to notice."

You smile wryly.

Andharai says, "My point is this. When she was attacking, she was using Kai and mana that she simply -did not possess-."

"That should not be possible," Andharai states, bluntly.

You have emoted: Solaria blinks a few times, shifting her weight so she can rest a hand on her hip, "I see what you mean..but why would she get so past the monk's teachings and go that far? Does she not realize it could be her end?"

Andharai says, "She feels she cannot die. She thinks she has seen Mheribus, the Mhun spirit of hardship and the endless darkness."

Your eardrums reverberate as the thunderous voice of Dato carries across the land, "Bloodloch! Know your Limits! Sister Nesventesh is beyond your reach."

You see Andharai shout, "Shut up. Her limits have caught up with her. She's burning her brain out to play Gods."

You see Andharai shout, "It'll kill her."

You crease your brow in a frown.

You see Andharai shout, "Do you hear that, Nesventesh? Better stop. Only one person gets to kill you - me."

Your eardrums reverberate as the thunderous voice of Dato carries across the land, "Thrall, stay in that hole you call a city! No one asked for your opinion."

You say, "Maybe because she is absolutely bonkers and not seeing straight..I doubt she's actually seen that spirit."

Andharai says, "Quite right."

Andharai says, "Nesventesh is crazy, Your Imperial Highness. It makes her a telepathic prodigy, but it'll kill her."

Andharai smiles thinly.

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

You say, "So, we should just let her kill herself?"

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

You say, "Not a terrible idea."

Andharai says, "She won't. Not until she completes her insane plan to move Moghedu."

Andharai smiles wryly.

You have emoted: Solaria lets out a breathless sigh, "Of course not..she's not smart enough to know when to give up."

Andharai says, "If she were smart, she'd be here, with the winners."

Andharai chuckles long and heartily.

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "True enough, Your Grace."

You say, "Well. Do you think any of this information should be relayed to the city?"

Andharai says, "Yes. I think I will explain it in some depth."

Andharai smiles wryly.

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "Very good. Anything I can assist with it?"

You tilt your head curiously.

(Bloodloch): Andharai says, "I mean to elaborate on what I was shouting earlier - but I will make it brief. Nesventesh is mentally imbalanced. I had the opportunity to read her mind when she broke into this city. That fireworks display we saw earlier? She was burning her brain out of her skull to achieve it. It's not sustainable. She is not a god. One or two more like that, and she's dead."

(Bloodloch): Andharai says, "It would be sad, if it weren't so hilarious."

(Bloodloch): You say, "Agreed, Your Grace."

You smile wryly.

Andharai smirks.

Zsadist tells you, "What does he mean 'fireworks'?"

You tell Zsadist, "I'm not entirely sure. I was not awake for that bit..but I assume something she was doing that resembled fireworks in the sky or something. No clue."

You tell Zsadist, "You could as His Grace yourself, might be able to elaborate."

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

(Bloodloch): Zsadist says, "Could you explain what you mean by 'fireworks'?"

Andharai says, "They are magnificent displays, though. She was always magnificent, even as a child."

You say, "You knew her well as a child?"

(Bloodloch): Andharai says, "The telepathy, of course. The undignified beatings she gave to various of our citizens, while surviving immeasurable quantities of harm. Should have killed her, yes?"

Andharai nods his head at you.

(Bloodloch): Zsadist says, "Should have, yes."

Andharai says, "We grew up together. We were both of the crafter caste. Her parents carved gemstone vials. Mine prepared food."

(Bloodloch): Damonicus says, "So we just keep pushing her, further and further until she cracks."

(Bloodloch): Yuusha says, "Eat her.........."

Comprehension flashes across your face.

(Bloodloch): Ison says, "Do we know where she got to?"

(Bloodloch): Zsadist says, "Ah. That makes more sense to me."

You say, "Were you two..close? Friends, even?"

Andharai smiles wryly.

Andharai says, "She marked me as a friend. I wanted a little more, I'll candidly confess."

You smile wryly.

You say, "Well..the desires of the flesh are not uncommon, I can understand it."

(Bloodloch): Andharai says, "We do. Or rather... I do. I have her telepathic signature. She's in her haven, no doubt nursing an immense migraine."

You say, "She did not feel much the same?"

Andharai says, "Not about me. Not about any boy or man, the way she told it."

You blink.

You say, "So, akin to the lady-folk?"

(Bloodloch): Zsadist says, "So, is there any way to lure her out of her haven?"

"Yes. A lesbian," Andharai confirms.

You have emoted: "Nothing wrong with that." Solaria says with a waving dismissal of her hand, "I've had a few ladies myself. To each their own."

You say, "Did you all grow distant for any particular reason?"

Andharai says, "Her parents felt it was wrong. Not out of any aversion to her preference, mind - but they wanted a match that would produce a bevy of Mhun children."

Andharai says, "Barring extremely rare circumstance, two women do not a babe make."

Andharai smiles wryly.

Comprehension flashes across your face.

With a firm nod of her head, you say, "Science must be involved with that sort of curiosity."

"Or simple accident of birth," Andharai shrugs. "Have you studied incidences of cross-gender? They are honestly quite fascinating. Many are recorded in our notably extensive medical literature. Some babies born with deformed genitals, others more properly, but feeling that they are wrong, either in the body or the mind."

Pausing, Andharai says, "Still. As I said. Rare. I would love to study one of them beneath a knife."

You have emoted: Solaria holds her hand out, examining her nails as she speaks, "I've examined plenty beneath these nails and claws. Perhaps I'll find some and help you find the joy in it."

Andharai smiles wryly.

Andharai says, "I would welcome that, Your Imperial Highness. Such a beautiful hand, though, for such... dirty work."

You have emoted: Solaria holds the hand out to face towards Andharai, canting her head to the side with the motion, "Your hands get dirty working in the earth or any number of things." With a faint smile and wink, "Blood can at least be licked off and enjoyed."

Andharai tilts his head curiously at you.

Andharai says, "I have not yet had that pleasure. My habits tend more fastidious. I shall have to try it."

You smile and say, "You can still be accurate and messy at the same time."

You say, "Half of the fun of experimentation on mortal forms is the messy part, if I do say so myself."

You tap your nose knowingly.

Andharai says, "I wouldn't know. I haven't yet experimented."

Andharai cranes forward, clear interest in his features.

You have emoted: "Not even a little?" Solaria replies, her features dampening as she brings both arms to cross against her chest, "That is just a shame that, at some point, I will definitely remedy."

You smile and say, "Maybe with your little, insane monk woman."

Andharai seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at you.

Quietly, Andharai says, "I really would like that, Your Imperial Highness."

You nod your head emphatically.

Andharai says, "I've thought, sometimes, of what I might do once I beat her. I might not kill her. I might Sire her, instead."

You have emoted: Solaria swings an arm out as she speaks, "It's not a terrible idea really.." She uses the free hand to emphasize her statement, "On one hand, you could destroy her and be done. But on the other, you could have a hold over her to enjoy for the rest of eternity."

Andharai says, "Exactly. We Mhun are born thinking of eternity. It seems only fair. Maybe her brain will burn out before I get to her, and she'll just be a puppet. Imagine that, Your Imperial Highness."

Andharai sweeps his hand lazily through the air.

Andharai says, "String here... String there... String everywhere."

You have emoted: "I miss having my own little puppets like that." Solaria replies quietly, seeming to be lost briefly in reverie before she comes back to her senses, "Mm..anyways, aye. I think that would be your better plan."

Andharai nods his head at you.

Andharai says, "In the meantime... I have an appointment in Moghedu."

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

You say, "Of course. Let me not keep you, Your Grace."

Andharai's shift - and a moment later, a living blush spreads into his cheeks. He is mortal once more.

Andharai says, "Take care, Your Imperial Highness."

Andharai leaves to the west.

You incline your head politely to those around you.

-this part leads into the other log I posted, so I'm taking out what I should note for this log-

Lonan, the devout Mhun shouts, "Chesh Mhun, Andharai... Mhun Mhuinre bhas!"

There is a faint, pious hum from Moghedu as the Mhun acknowledge Arch Duke Andharai Bahir'an as the Great Mhunna.

(House Bahir'an): You say, "Well done, Your Grace. Very proud of you."

--- I then try to go find him, to no avail, and that's the end of this.

Moirean

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I was out of town when all this was going on, and I'm finally able to sit and read the logs now - super cool story. Thank you very much for posting it and great job to the admin behind it, this is a really interesting event. I am looking forward to the events posts that sum it all up. I haven't seen much of it first hand, but what I am reading sounds like some really cool storytelling.