Lycans are out!

1235»

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Seems like it would be less work for everyone to just tag in a message about the damage amount.
  • Playing around with the different versions of shapeshifters: Didn't Atabahi used to get Elusiveness as a class skill as well?
  • Nope. Just corner/stealth
  • Amberlea has used Forums Necropost (begin)
    Raising her arms imperiously, Amberlea begins to chant a foul incantation. Moments later the soil before her loosens, giving way to reveal the clawing grasp of a vile zombie.

I know our most wonderful dev team is furiously pounding out amazing updates and funsies for all of us, on top of all the cool events that have been going on, but I was wondering if I could coax an update out about where Shapeshifter Packs are at currently, or maybe a little spoiler so we have something to daydream about :)
    Rawr
    IshinAngwe
  • StrungStrung Halls of Hades
    edited June 2014
    Since the thread has arisen, I want to say that I like the idea of werecrocs but with those stubby little arms and legs of theirs, and that huge head, it's hard to envision them operating as a clawing limb damage class.

Since they're a sort of secondary class system that you can swap about pretty freely, I'd imagine that they could be a good area to try out new ideas that people don't want to experiment with in the primary classes. Werecrocs could be a great theme for an ambush-based class or a water-based class that could be released along with a PvP area full of water. Or both, so that werecroc play with new mechanics generally wouldn't spill over into the larger game.
    I am such an aaaalllphaaaaaarrrgh.
    IshinAishiaAshmerTeani
  • Strung said:

Since the thread has arisen, I want to say that I like the idea of werecrocs but with those stubby little arms and legs of theirs, and that huge head, it's hard to envision them operating as a clawing limb damage class.

I'd say your imagination needs work!

i am rapture coder
    IshinSerriceHavenAarbrokXarianAshmerTeani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    So about dem Packs....
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AngweAmberlea
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited June 2014
    Since ferality / shapeshifting is at 0% fabled, If I learn them will the skills go higher? or will learning overright that? I Wish to learn the 'class' but unsure how much credits/lessons ID need to invest to tri-trans..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You need to invest the same amount of lessons as any other class to tritrans. If you're at 0% fabled due to your primary class' investment, you still need to start from the bottom up to get from fabled to trans. It's to allow people to experiment, play with, and experience the class without completely negating the need of investment.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    How about them packs.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Can we get a way to rename our packs? I. Uhh. Kinda made a bunch (and they aren't deleting) when I was playing with names...
    RiluoIshinAarbrok
  • Glad to see people taking things seriously with the naming glitch. Oh, wait.
  • Packs and text games SRS bsns

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Jensen
  • I'd say for the people who participate in it, packs and pack RP is at least as valid and serious as any other RP on this game. I know that Rashar is ultimately going to choose his pack over just about any other tie, 10/10 times.

You're talking about one of the primary draws and advertised themes of the game, and it's essentially being made into a joke or inconsequential, and there isn't really any oversight like there is with guilds, or with vampire houses, or whatever. I don't think Abhorash or Ezalor or whoever would be alright with someone being like, 'Guys. New Vampire House, we're calling it Sparkles and Kinky Sex.'

The problem is lycans (and packs) are available to every single person who wants to halfheartedly throw together some buddies or else have access to a free OOC channel.

It's a valid gripe. Far more valid than some around here that draw agrees and likes.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited June 2014
    Edit: I get that at some point, you want to have fun with something broken and harmless. I can't remember whose it was, but "what's ursine" kind of made me giggle a little as I was deleting the packs. The previous comment here was more directed at the consistent urge of parts of this playerbase to use any mechanic as an opportunity for abuse or misbehavior. One particular bad offender is now banned from forming packs.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
    *was whatsursine*

I didn't realize the borked packs would upset people so much! I'm sorry!
    Solaria
  • It was a one-time deal, due to a strange glitch with it not being physically possible to change/delete packs. Maybe it got a little odd, but it was pretty funny.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinJensenSolaria
    @oleis, @razmael - can we please get a command MADNESS to see current madness level? Perhaps also a display in stat. I don't see the need to have it in prompt as it's not something that changes every few seconds. I like checking things manually...
    Nevermind. I wrote my own with fun bear sayings!

SerriceRiluoSampSetneIshinTeaniSolariaPiper
  • WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN

i am rapture coder
    Riluo
    *quietly deposits some carrion in the cradle and tip-toes away*
    IshinTeaniOmei
  • I'd like to request, if possible, a means of changing the pack name without dropping the pack entirely. That would be terribly lovely, since you have to regather pack members and such when a pack dissolves just for a simple name change. Then everyone can test out their names without tossing new packs around.
    Moirean
    That's what I requested before all the crazy name stuff got out of hand!