Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Aet has to make the money.

Infin
  • Erzsebet said:

IMO it really shouldn't be an artifact that does it.

A lot of things should not exist as artifacts. But they do. Solely because IRE needs to make dat bank.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Eh. There's a ton of other things they could make money on--an entire artifact ideas thread worth of things that we'd all be willing to pay for.

This is a part of the game that is simply broken IMO, making us pay to fix it is asinine.
    imageimage
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Agreed. Should be a hefty gold sink. Aet could use more of those.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Arbre
  • Eh. Since half the world's bloodlines are wrong andor broken, I think they should put it on something similar to the way re-incarnation works, where everyone gets ONE free fix and then after that it's credits to do it. I think that's reasonable.

Mostly because Newbs get talked into being adopted and so on with bloodlines all the time and then later, realize it's not the same thing.
    imageimage
    HaydynArbre
    You can't get bloodlined until you're 20. Which effectively means you can't be bloodlined until you've played the game for a month. Should be more than enough time to get to know the people bloodlining you, and whether or not they're idiots you want to associate with.
  • Only problem with the artifact is that you can't be re-bloodlined.

Parents
    -------
    [redacted]      M: Unknown            F: Unknown
    [redacted]      M: Unknown            F: Unknown
    1) Enorian declares war on Bloodloch, because Ellenia said Dato was a smelly butt face.
    How is that a problem? How can you be..re-bloodlined, logically? You can only have one set of biological parents.
    Sarita
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2013
    But the point of unbloodlining IMO, would be to fix the adopted nonsense, not change your legit birth parents.

ETA: Also, while a month gives you time to get to know the people you're dealing with (assuming you meet them right away) you don't necessarily come across bloodlining at all before then given all the -other- stuff you have to learn. Especially true as a true newbie, with the high learning curve Aetolia has.

Though, tangentially related, I think a thing where you can disown your family would be interesting.
    imageimage
    Angwe
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Erzsebet said:
    Is there? Really? YOU MEAN I DON'T HAVE TO BE A SUDOKO-FORESTWALKER-MIRARI-LIONHEART anymore because I was a newb and was told to agree to this bloodline thing that would magically make me their kid only to find out yeaaaars later I was actually adopted and not actually bloodlined? >.>
    Hey you leave me out of this

Lin
  • I totally forgot you were a Lionheart.

My Daru is a Lionheart by way of being Calihye's adopted kid--which I thought they were saying they were my legit parents when I agreed to be bloodlined by them, and she tells me some 20 in-game years later that I'm adopted and thus not really her kid. -.-

She's Elea's aunt? Calihye I mean. Which makes my alt your...something.
    imageimage
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That moment when you realise you're related to a Kira.

ErzsebetArbreRhoHaydyn
  • Are we not all related to a Kira alt someway?

AldricLinArbreInfinRhoHaydynKiyotanOrisaeAngwe
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Lin only has one other person in her bloodline and SOMEHOW she is still related to Kira.
  • Damonicus said:
    Are we not all related to a Kira alt someway?
    Most of you, anyway. Except Lin. >.> I....don't think I have a single character related to any of Lin's characters unless I'm forgetting something or we're counting the 'familial' ties of the blooded.
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    We need a ;; button for stuff like this.
    Eleanor said:
    That moment when you realise you're related to a Kira.

• Says the woman who played my grandkid. >.>

Also you're related to Desian, which means you're related distantly to Hazzyq and thus like 3 of my alts.

...tangentially related, and closer to being on-topic, something for the bloodline system that would let you do like RELATION ARBRE and have it tell you that Arbre is your second cousin or whatever?
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That would be AMAZING.  I counted up and down forever once and found all of these people related to me.  But if you're an Arcan, a Silverain, or a Cardinalis (and probably more that I can't think of straight off), you're related to most of the game.
  • It'd certainly be interesting.

Unrelated note: Kalsu. Plz2begiving a more comprehensive dictionary? I know there's a file that puts the ridiculously long one I've compiled to shame. It'd be child's play to give us a long lost text or something with more vocabulary that we could figure out how to translate.
    imageimage
    AmaraOrisaeAges
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Can we get like a reference thing one day beside in-game holidays?

Example of what I mean:

It is now the 17th of Variach, year 382 of the Midnight Age.
    Today is the Kindling. (Event post 1234)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    AgesOrisaeArbreShinjiAmaraCiarelle
  • edited January 2013
    Erzsebet said:
    It'd certainly be interesting.

Unrelated note: Kalsu. Plz2begiving a more comprehensive dictionary? I know there's a file that puts the ridiculously long one I've compiled to shame. It'd be child's play to give us a long lost text or something with more vocabulary that we could figure out how to translate.
    Everyone better like this, if not... Well I have no real threat. Just like it.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Related to holidays, could we get an IC calendar sort of command that lists all the ones a character will have appear for his orgs over the full year?
    DaskalosOrisaeArbreAmaraKonnornCiarelle
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Arbre said:

...if you're an Arcan... you're related to most of the game.

D:

Its like being a Devi all over again!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'd be curious to see a giant Aetolian family tree. See all the prominent families in the game.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Mastema
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2013
    It'd probably look something like the one I did for my DnD game. >.> Twenty billion names on it--all related tangentially in some way. Unless you're in a family that made their own surname, and everyone in your family only married into families that made their own bloodline and married exclusively to people who made -their- own families and so on, you're very likely to be related to everyone on some far off branch or another.

As an aside, that'd be an interesting stance for a family to take, if a pain in the rear to actually pull off.
    imageimage
  • Damonicus said:

Are we not all related to a Kira alt someway?

Incest is wincest.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Osmond
    Who keeps letting you post on forums?
    KonnornAldricRhoPerilunaIllikaalValenae
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013
    Kiyotan said:
    Who keeps letting you post on forums?
    ALL THE PEOPLE.

Anyhow. I was thinking probably when they release new ways to gather Ylem for the noncoms, there shouldn't be much of an excuse for people who don't want to PK to not gather Ylem for their city, which is perfectly fine. It just seems unfair that in the case of some cities, only one or two people leyline on a regular basis, but everyone in the city gets the benefits of it without having contributed to it at all. There's still the very large chunk that comes out of every city's stockpile to maintain upkeep. 

My idea was to allow the Research Minister and CL the power to PYLON SANCTION players within the city. It'd also act as a rewards system, and it would be up to each individual city to set the standard (1k ylem every rl day) for sanction, or something fairly simple like that. Sanctioned players would of course reap all the benefits from the Research trees while under sanction, and not reap them while not sanctioned.

There would be a set baseline for upkeep in general (like there is now), except a bit lower. The amount of monthly upkeep would increase per person that is sanctioned up to a cap of X amount of people. If that cap is exceeded, then everyone in the city by default would be sanctioned and reap the benefits. 

Alternatively, the Research Minister, but ultimately the CL should be allowed to select what level of each tree is available to people who are otherwise not sanctioned, aka the freeloaders. The point of there being a cap on sanctioned people would be to encouraging people to do something for the sake of doing something for the city, instead of everyone getting really good benefits from the hard work of just one or two people that will likely eventually get burned out.

If only 3 people in a city that has 20+ members are the only ones making use of the research trees that are constantly using resources, then it doesn't make sense to just keep burning through Ylem to leave the trees open when  there isn't enough effort out to gather. The result you get from that is disabling portions of trees, or even entire trees, and then the few people who make use of them get upset about it. 

If people want the benefits, they should have to put forth at least -some- effort. Even if it's just a little. Hence why I said something a minimal as 1k Ylem every RL day. That's what, 3 minors? Plus whatever new ways they'll integrate for gathering Ylem for all the noncoms. It shouldn't be hard at all. 
    ErzsebetKiyotan
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Man, you're really determined to take away peripheral benefits. Here's where your argument falls apart.

What if I don't ylem every day, or ylem often? Should I not be allowed the benefits? I've personally brought in -millions- of ylem, because I don't do 1,000 one day I should be denied it?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013
    Daskalos said:

Man, you're really determined to take away peripheral benefits. Here's where your argument falls apart.

What if I don't ylem every day, or ylem often? Should I not be allowed the benefits? I've personally brought in -millions- of ylem, because I don't do 1,000 one day I should be denied it?

It'd be like the daily quests. It's not something you have to do every single day of the week, but it's something easy you can work towards to get rewarded for it. You could also make up for it whenever you feel like it. In theory, as I said, it would be something that shouldn't take anymore than 5-10 minutes of your time. A little bit of contribution is better than none at all.

Also, I did say that they wouldn't be completely banned out from all the trees. They'd just have less access to the abilities that the CL sees fit, and therefor it would drain less Ylem from the city as a whole.