Teradrim (Re)Elections

2»

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Actually, the very first thing that happened at the end of the election was Sarita asking Shinji about it all. The outburst over guild channels wasn't until Infin contested. It's not unbelievable that a character would try to set up another election rather than help the guild. It is, however, extremely frustrating as a player to watch, particular if the newly re-elected GM of the guild was not included in the discussions. I am saying this as a player. I would feel the same if it were another guild and my own character was not in the election.

As for the attempts to actually bring in new players... All I can really say to that is that in our logs right now, Macavity was the only "old" player to join anytime before the first election, as opposed to five in the day or two after.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    That's not even the issue here, at least for those of us looking on. Sarita may be an awesome GM or she may be a power-hungry seatwarmer. The issue here is the way y'all went about this.
    ErzsebetKonnornXavinAzraelEzalorNolaArbreOrisaeDourif
  • The forum RP IS too stronk in this thread.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Also: I find it suspicious that a question about rigging elections was edited away in the short questions section after this thread popped up.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That was probably my fault. I think I deleted a post or two on accident.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The yellow went to his head.
    LinMacavityAmara
  • Hilarious that 3 out of the 4 new secretaries that were appointed at the end of the election are all individuals who were inducted within the last week and favored up to voting rank just moments before that last election started. Payment for their votes perhaps?
    AmaraNolaXavinDourifErzsebetSaritaAxai
  • Well. At least there's more secretaries than before. It's not necessarily a bad thing that someone thinks they can do a better job at being GM and takes action to do it. This is the most Teradrim activity that I've seen since the revamp.

At least they're not like spines and rotating Orghead every week just for an honors line....yet.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    KiyotanEzalorNolaDourif
  • I find it hard to believe that any character would be ingrained enough into the ideology and knowledgeable about the skills to become a secretary so quickly without some other reason. Granted, there's always a shortage of people able and willing to be secretaries and it's happened numerous times before, but I think this was a poor choice to take as a first step, from a purely political viewpoint. Action is all well and good, but the guild is clearly divided on the matter.

I'm interested to see what comes of it all.
    AzraelOrisaeArbreSarita
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Illidan said:
    Well. At least there's more secretaries than before. It's not necessarily a bad thing that someone thinks they can do a better job at being GM and takes action to do it. This is the most Teradrim activity that I've seen since the revamp. At least they're not like spines and rotating Orghead every week just for an honors line....yet.

I actually want to know what's happening there. Every week I log on it's a new member of House Lunare as head of Spines. Are they seriously honours line grinding in there?
  • Ha ha, Lunare.
  • It's fair to complain on the game's own message board about unfair play. Metagaming is unfair and this looks like metagaming to me. Hopefully it can get fixed in character, and if there was any original lack of input into what Sarita was "doing wrong", I guess those reasons are apparent now. The irony in here is that she'd have to metagame in order to incorporate those concerns into her leadership since nobody tells them to her IC (supposedly).

One thing I've learned in life is that people who accuse others of certain personality traits tend to have some degree of those themselves. Power hungry huh, Macavity?
    NolaAngweErzsebetValenae
  • edited January 2013
    One thing that annoys me about this entire topic is that its one thing to support an idea others do not agree with but its another to engage in distasteful behavior and then not accept accountability. Nothing in the community can improve without some degree of 'honor' oocly and obviously we are in short supply of it. @Illidan: More secretaries ! -= more progression in the guild.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• I never sad there was more progression. I just said there were more secretaries.
  • This entire thread can be summed up with 'That's Lunare for you."
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Okay. Closing this thread now.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • But I just got here!
    AzraelEzalor
This discussion has been closed.