Looking for players

Comments

• Slyphe said:
    The administration will be keeping an eye on the place.

I'm sure you will *waggle*

AryanneAshmerArbreEmelleSaritaSlypheHaven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I can look into adding a special entrance if too many brand new newbies wander in and are totally repulsed and qq forever. Those are like 225-500 credits, depending on progs, though, so it won't be right away.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to echo what Ashmer said: This is a thread for gauging OOC interest in Moirean's establishment. Further discussion of its moral ramifications and impact on the game, which we have decided will be acceptable, does not belong here.

This warning brought to you by intimidating relaxing Celani cyan.
    SessizlikAryanneAarbrokAshmer
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited April 2014
    Removed inappropriate language. - Iosyne.

Edit: To add, I think this is fairly awesome and within the scope of Aetolia's environment, Moirean. Good luck.
    Moirean
  • edited April 2014
    Nope. We're done with this subject. Make a new thread for it!
    imageimage
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Hey, @Moirean, I think the idea sounds kinda cool. As long as things are kept light, it sounds like a place where one of my characters might either frequent, or maybe even work, if it was pitched right to him(not talking about Ishin, either). Hopefully it'll work out well for ya :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I actually think a bunch of phased assassin bouncers would lend a classical touch to the establishment.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

AryanneEmelleJaslineSarita
    I don't mind if they discuss the ethics of it or whatever, it just felt like people were campaigning to get it shut down before it was started, or making demands for how I spend my credits, which was frustrating me. If people want to discuss how it fits into Aet, feel free, but I think it's reasonable for me to say "These are my credits, I'm not going to be spending them to add in x or y or move this to z place because a few people demanded it." However, I am happy to consider additional features to include, especially if it'll make everyone overall happier and more comfortable - I like Areka's idea of a special entrance, for example, and will add that to a list of things I will add later.
    AshmerEmelleIshin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Or could have an entrance where you have to get a token like in DA:O where they stick the carved finger through a slot in the door.

Frowning in concentration, the guard suddenly exclaims, "THAT IS NOT A FINGER." There is a pause, followed by, "No wonder you gotta pay, come on in."
    MoireanTrigruEmelleIshinIosynePeriluna

You could honestly save credits by locking the door and handing out keys like candy. You would just have to "know someone" to get in. Just hand out five keys to like ten different people, and boom.

Admittedly less cool than a token entrance, secret password, or suggestively-shaped doorknockers.

Or these! (OK SUPER NOT SAFE FOR WORK SO JUST A LINK AND A SPOILER OGLAF YEAH)

PiperAlee
  • My impression after reading this thread: http://vocaroo.com/i/s140EBknQJ3b
    HavenPiperAryanne
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    My impression after reading this thread: http://vocaroo.com/i/s140EBknQJ3b
    I don't know why but I lol'd.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • LimLim
    edited April 2014
    Ashmer said:

You could honestly save credits by locking the door and handing out keys like candy. You would just have to "know someone" to get in. Just hand out five keys to like ten different people, and boom.

Admittedly less cool than a token entrance, secret password, or suggestively-shaped doorknockers.

Actually, as non-custom mechanics go, I do find the key idea incredibly cool - possibly even cooler than a secret entrance/password (which is pretty common in our game, if we think guildhalls)!

Kind of like a namecard/secret phone number IRL that you can only get through word of mouth. Yet it can be duplicated, and left to the customers to duplicate. Exclusivity/accessibility dependent on just how it spreads. Anonymous/forged letters with a key inside found lying around. If there's to be customisation, maybe have the key be a special looking one with an insignia or something (I'm not sure how much will be charged for this, but it's just a desc change, which I'm guessing would cost less).

Having a physical key would make me feel like the place is more special than simply having yet another password/secret entry method to remember. You could have not visited the Lover's Fling for ages, but then look through your inventory, find that old key, and be like "Hmmm." *goto delos*
    Iosyne
  • I don't know... it feels like accessibility is the whole point of player ran establishments; if people can't easily get in, they won't drop by for roleplay. Imagine if there was some sort of lock/password/secret handshake to get into the Black Flagon Inn. People would probably still visit it, but I just don't think it'd still be frequented just as often. From the initial post by Moirean, it seemed like spontaneous, fun, and interesting roleplay was the main draw of the brothel, so I guess I just don't like that idea too much.

Now, what would be really cool would be if there was some seedier part of the brothel that required a secret prog/invitation only/guestlist/key to get into. It could still be PG13 and all, just a touch darker, grittier, and cruder (sort of like an opium den beneath an otherwise lovely cafe, except the brothel version).
    HavenMoireanBraeAryanne
    That's certainly possible. In fact, I think I'll move the burlesque theater into a sub-area like that. Cool idea.
    Emelle
    Could have an open lobby, then have people pay admission to get into the theater part - 100g or so - and keys to the upper rooms so that if someone wanders in it's just a lobby/hallways. 
    Yeah the actual ROOMS for shennanigans are locked.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Make sure it's two rooms so you can evade a prism and not get eavesdropped on!

Ishin

I sense fantastic new PK opportunities on the horizon.

IshinAryanneAarbrokXenia
  • Serrice said:
    Make sure it's two rooms so you can evade a prism and not get eavesdropped on!
    Eh. Eavesdrop/listening only allows for the audio portion of whatever's going on behind the door. Not like the spyglass.

• edited April 2014
    Not necessary for this discussion.
  • Daskalos said:
    This was in the early days of Achaea, when people like @irruel played there. He can tell you, the Achaea of today is nothing like the Achaea of yesterday.
    I dunno man.

I wasn't going to chime in on this thread, because in the debate about whether SEX is bad on TELEVISION, I fall on the side of VIOLENCE being far, far worse. Sex is a natural and beautiful thing; something to be celebrated. If people were taught this as they grew up (as opposed to it being a taboo topic) then the world would be a better place.

This is a personal opinion and in the appropriate forum I am happy to argue my point all day, explaining why I believe what I do - but this isn't the time or place for that.

You brought up my name though, trying to say something positive about early Achaea. I loved that game then, and that time of my life, but I think you experienced the game differently to me.

During the few years I played there exclusively, 1999-2002ish:
    1. I walked into an extremely graphic DP scene in the main room of a tavern close to NoT. Note that unlike here, NoT in Achaea was (still is?) The.Place.To.Hang.Out.And.Be.Seen. Far busier than Delos.
    2. I learned that cybersex exists. I was not underage, but the fact I've never heard of it until Achaea is kind of telling
    3. A senior guildmate of mine, roleplayed brother, secretary - was constantly being complained about by newbies. He was hitting on any and every newbie that may have possibly been female irl, and probably a bunch that weren't. He was, essentially, playing Achaea for mudsex, and using his guildrank to get more action. (This was pre-newbie-system, pre-org-helps, when learning about the mud meant using SAYS.
    4. A god character's player was removed under a cloud of scandal with alleged webcam sessions with order members. Afaik it was never proved or whatever, but still - the scandal happened. In fairness, that may have been a little later than '02, not sure. I did still play after then, it's just that those are the years I call "early Achaea".
    5. I tried mudsex a few times. Interesting, with the right partner. Not really my thing though. Had I played Achaea earlier, when I was a kid, I still would have tried it.
    6. I was exposed to an ooc cybersex scene that existed parallel to Achaea/early-Aetolia on Aim
    7. There was a (presumably consensual OOCLY) rape scene that occurred. Afaik this was the first such in IRE, and did not get the same amount of outrage that later ones did. Perhaps because we had no forums back then?

HadoryuPeriluna
  • Man, were I not in a commited and loving relationship, this thing would totally retain a playa.

Sounds fun, @Moirean, hope you get cooperation.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Oh sweet innocent @Irruel.
    Aarbrok
  • edited April 2014
    Watch the personal attacks.
  • @orus The horse is dead, leave it alone.

@irruel wow you had a far worse experience on those aspects then I did... poor you :(