Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• How about we not do whats been told to us not to do a bizillion times over: Stop contesting people's rages and turning the thread into some kind of justification party. 

They're allowed to rage. That is why they come to post in the rage thread - to rage, to vent. It is not an invitation for discussion. 

This is my rage, that this is so hard to understand and stand by. 
    VimiCalipsoAryannePerilunaMinaraelAshmer
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    @Ishin has the long and short of it. This is all that needs to be said in this vein.
    Ishin
  • AMG STAPH
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Can't mod color on my phone but yeah, we're done. You need to move on.
  • I rage how much lag i get during the Hunts... either that or its my computer. I haven't been able to isolate the issue yet :/
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Vimi
  • @Maghak

Just get git (or mercurial with TortoiseHG). You can use source control very easily on your own PC and it won't be an issue with any NDAs.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited April 2014
    Uh, good morning.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Can mods consider deleting the posts next time if the conversation is that horrible? I now have like 20 abuse votes on my profile from this conversation and the worst thing I said was nitwit. I think that's a bit of a harsh punishment when I was defending myself in reply to posts made at me.
    Ishin
  • I dislike Great Hunt events for almost every venting rage that has occurred on these forums + the inability to actually hunt during them anywhere. 

I will never participate in Great Hunts until I see another one with personal instances for hunting in. All other variations are just exercises in frustration, sleep loss, and rage. 
    imageimage
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moirean said:
    Can mods consider deleting the posts next time if the conversation is that horrible? I now have like 20 abuse votes on my profile from this conversation and the worst thing I said was nitwit. I think that's a bit of a harsh punishment when I was defending myself in reply to posts made at me.
    I wouldn't sweat it, @Moirean. The votes mean absolutely jack unicorn. Just take a look at the votes in the Chicken thread!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PiperDaskalosLinCannanAarbrok
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited April 2014
    You cut sharply with a rustic, storm-engraved scimitar, wounding Ishin.
    Stepping quickly out of the way, Ishin dodges the attack.
    You cut sharply with a rustic, storm-engraved scimitar, wounding Ishin.
    [Tripwire]: PK: Ishin has gained paralysis
    Balance Used: 2.09 seconds
    [6749(100%)|5109(96%)|0|96%|52%|2.6%] [HMcsdb e-] (-50e) -a shrine of Slyphe-
    ishin has < clumsiness, insulation, nofit, paralysis, sileris >
    Ishin eats some irid moss.
    [6749(100%)|5109(96%)|0|96%|52%|2.6%] [HMcsdb e-] -a shrine of Slyphe-
    Ishin eats a piece of kelp.
    You feel an aura of rebounding surround you.
    You have gained the rebounding defence.
    Ishin takes a drink from an aphotic vial.
    A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Ishin.
    You may eat another plant.
    Ishin whispers gently to you.
    Ishin draws all suggestions safely from you.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [6749(100%)|5109(96%)|0|96%|52%|2.6%] [HMcsdb eb] -a shrine of Slyphe-
    [Tripwire]: Combat Logic: DSKing target with mentaldisruption and haemophilia
    envenom left with hepafarin
    empower right with disrupt
    dsk ishin
    [6749(100%)|5215(98%)|0|96%|52%|2.6%] [HMcsdb eb] (+106m) -a shrine of Slyphe-
    [Tripwire]: PK: Ishin has cured paralysis (bloodroot) (2.556s)

Rage at one small glitch in the system causing me to essentially throw away a fight. Or at least my offense. Ishin might or would have probably still won. But I was doing alright until my tracker thought that he had clumsiness and continued on accordingly. Clumsiness might have allowed me to stay ahead of the aff-rate at least. Ah well, such is life! The first highlighted line should be covered by the kelp equivalent of the second highlighted line.
    Ishin
  • One small rage, 

Set a personal goal for top five this hunt, I'm pretty good at hunting so I figured I could. I came 7th. Not hugely outside of my goal but I KNEW I could have made it if I didn't have work both days and a family dinner. 

There's always next time, sucks thinking of all those juicy credits I missed out on because of IRL though :( 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Yea, I lost a spot having to go do family stuff today, but, eh, it's what happens.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

@Rowena: 200 credits is still good!
    havenbanner2
    RiluoRowena
  • Just completely, COMPLETELY overblown responses for utterly no reason. 
    imageimage
    CannanCiarelleIshin
  • I want to gripe about people acting like randomly mind locking someone is alright.

I'd rather have people trying to attack me than getting inside my head without asking. All of a sudden, -someone- is possibly spying on you/exctracting information from your mind/preparing to assault you/etc. It's a big deal ICly, please don't act like it's not.
    IshinVimiRowena
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I ONLY WANTED TO LOOK AT YOUR INVENTORY. HONEST. I WASN'T GOING TO FORCE-WIELD THEN MIND TERROR. SRS. SUPR SRS!!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenRowenaVimiTozRiluoSerrice
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm pretty sure that mind locks are always considered an attack/aggressive act. I know the Daru treat it that way and tell people early on not to even lock allies without permission.
    IshinNolaRowenaTeaniRivas
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I consider it an attack and will react as such.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    ...lol why are you guys downvoting me? I agreed with her post. xD

I rage that I had to go buy a dominion crystal. Sciomancer OP even through inactivity lol
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • New here, so please bear with me....

Is there a defence for mindlock? If so, is this not something one should have up anyway when wandering about the realm?
  • There's no 'defense' against it, you can put up telesense but there's ways around it. If you suspect someone has a mindlock on you, stepping out of the area for a few seconds will break it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Aha! Good to know....many thanks!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited April 2014
    Ew, no. Please don't bring this back into the game, guys, it's been so chill.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Jensen used to always be naked when he was a duiranite, somebody mind forced him to wear bright red bra and panties and then my connection timed out. I went the entire last war like that before I noticed. I'm grief pking the next guy into the ground who tries it.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Trager recently, like -really- recently, had someone mindlock him and of course my/Trager's reaction was instantly, "KILL THEM OMG GET OUT OF MY HEAD." I don't want to name said person, but I attempted to employ my new-found self-control and decided to poke and ask -why- at least. What I got was an amazing bit of RP by someone who uses their character in a way that does not talk out loud, simply communicates mentally. I admit, while very strange to deal with, it was by far the best bit of RP I got that day, and that is saying a lot. Guess what I am trying to say is, if it is someone deliberately trying to fuck with you, by all means, kill them. But if it is someone minute and small, a name you haven't heard of or know, give it a shot. I know I was thoroughly surprised and impressed.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

LinRiluoErzsebet
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Trager said:
    Trager recently, like -really- recently, had someone mindlock him and of course my/Trager's reaction was instantly, "KILL THEM OMG GET OUT OF MY HEAD." I don't want to name said person, but I attempted to employ my new-found self-control and decided to poke and ask -why- at least. What I got was an amazing bit of RP by someone who uses their character in a way that does not talk out loud, simply communicates mentally. I admit, while very strange to deal with, it was by far the best bit of RP I got that day, and that is saying a lot. Guess what I am trying to say is, if it is someone deliberately trying to fuck with you, by all means, kill them. But if it is someone minute and small, a name you haven't heard of or know, give it a shot. I know I was thoroughly surprised and impressed.
    That particular person is unicorns amazing.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Trager
  • Sick of defending certain people to get double crossed by them time and time again. 

Guess I'm just a slow learner. 
    Sometimes I feel like I've outgrown Aetolia.
    havenbanner2
    RivasPerilunaHadoryuRowenaErzsebet
This discussion has been closed.