Map Capture Window

DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
So, for the longest time I've used the Mudlet Mapper provided on the interwebs and I love the map capture and the show window feature. Helps me keep my bearings.

Now I want the same thing, just using the I_Mapper from Mudbot. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions? All I ever seem to get is the Mudlet Map window with a weird overlay that has some wrong exits... which is obnoxious because I try and move and the exits don't exist.

Comments

• Mud client?
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I used to be able to do MAP WINDOW but can't anymore because it says I can't get a secure MXP tag... and no idea what that's about.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Irruel said:
    Mud client?
    Mudlet.
  • The built in mxp window in mudbot, doesn't work. You need to config mudbot's map to display in every look/ql/movement.

Then create a miniconsole (a GUI object which takes large amounts of text), and write a trigger to move the map output from the main window to the miniconsole.

Irruel said:
    The built in mxp window in mudbot, doesn't work. You need to config mudbot's map to display in every look/ql/movement.

Then create a miniconsole (a GUI object which takes large amounts of text), and write a trigger to move the map output from the main window to the miniconsole.

So I'm screwed is what you're telling me... awesome!

Sounds like a good job for my wife. "Woman, go make me a sandwich, and a map capture GUI for Aetolia!"

Draiman
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It used to work years ago. I wonder what happened :(

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DaskalosArbreDemarcusLinDraimanJasline
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited March 2014
    Demarcus said:
    So, for the longest time I've used the Mudlet Mapper provided on the interwebs and I love the map capture and the show window feature. Helps me keep my bearings.

Now I want the same thing, just using the I_Mapper from Mudbot. Can't figure it out. Any suggestions? All I ever seem to get is the Mudlet Map window with a weird overlay that has some wrong exits... which is obnoxious because I try and move and the exits don't exist.
    Why not just create the ingame MAP to show? its pretty easy todo .. you can still use mudbot with it.. as the ingame map has ALL exits/entrance/in and outs..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • edited March 2014

Moving mudbots map, or the ingame map, to a miniconsole, is the same code. Slightly different trigger pattern, that's all.

Honestly, start with this:

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098

Then copy this script in:

GUI.mapconsole = Geyser.MiniConsole:new({
    x = 0, y = 0,
    width = "100%", height = "100%",
    name = "mapwin",
    }, GUI.Box1)

GUI.mapconsole:setColor("black")

Set the mudbot mapper option to display the map every movement/look. I haven't used it for years but it does exist. Or use the in game one like Nalor suggests.

Then you need to create a trigger to send all that info across to the miniconsole you added to your new GUI with the above code.

The easiest way to do this is with a multistate trigger. This is like two triggers joined into a single trigger. You do this literally by creating the two triggers separately and drag-and-dropping one into the other.

1st trigger name: Map Capture Gate
    trig patterns:

begin of line substring: "--- Area"
    substring: "---- v"

fire length: 12 more lines (tweak this until it is capturing the exact number of lines as your map. This number wikll need to be slightly higher. Essentially, this trigger matches, and then the second (child trigger) will be "open" for this many lines.)
    Script:
    deleteLine()
    GUI.mapconsole:clear()

2nd trigger name: "capture the rest"
    Pattern type: lua function
    Pattern: return true
    Script:
    selectCurrentLine()
    copy()
    appendBuffer("mapwin")
    deleteLine()

Then drag trigger 2 into trigger 1. Click away to a different trigger entirely. Click back to trigger one, then to trigger 2. You will see the trigger icon change into what is, I think, supposed to be a funnel?

The script should be capturing the game map now - type 'map' and see if it works.

If not, the trigger pattern of trig 1 may need to be tweaked. I just had a quick look at the map output now - I found two different types, which is a bit disappointing. There may be more.

The mudbot map is something like " /------" from memory. That one is easier to capture. 

Demarcus
    I'll try it out and see how it goes. Thanks guys.
  • Very good post, very informative even for me, who is on official client.

I don't have anything to submit to the thread, other then i'm intrested to see if this thread expands :)