Punishment

13»

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Tina said:
    We do have a punishment that calls for 13 deaths on the offender.  13 was chosen obviously for the rp significance to the guild, it has never been used yet.  It's the number of death, embodies the guild, and fits for crimes that need killing.
    This just seems silly because there's no way you can enforce it. Why not say "13 years of suffering" or "13 pounds of flesh" or something like that?
    XavinMoireanArekaArbre
  • Lin said:
    Tina said:
    We do have a punishment that calls for 13 deaths on the offender.  13 was chosen obviously for the rp significance to the guild, it has never been used yet.  It's the number of death, embodies the guild, and fits for crimes that need killing.
    This just seems silly because there's no way you can enforce it. Why not say "13 years of suffering" or "13 pounds of flesh" or something like that?
    This exactly. Even if someone killed one of the chaos lords (lolgoodluck), you would -never- get away with that sort of punishment. Most likely the chaos lords, dendaric guardians and other godlike 'outsiders' are outright unkillable.

• You make a super harsh punishment, so they don't even consider doing it.  We might find something besides death, that is also a central theme in our lore.  But the law has worked without fail and without a single complaint from a guild member for over 150 IG years.  It could become a problem I suppose if used the wrong way, but you can pick that out and say that about nearly any law.  No need to make a big issue out of something that isn't an issue.  The guild is strict, cruel, and heartless.  The punishments reflect it.  And the chaos lords are not immortal.  Or at least they weren't, it's been a while since the plain was raided since they made it near impossible for none domination users to get there, and even if they do they can't stay for more than 5 minutes.
    Rowena
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Lin said:
    Tina said:
    That's how Bloodloch gets babies, I gotcha. 
  • Jensen said:
    NEXT WEEK ON RETRIBUTION AND PUNISHMENT

Will @Haern force @Haven to wear a title for his crimes?  Tune in and find out
    I punch him in the butt.
    LinJensenMaghak
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Kinky.
    Periluna
  • I liked the part where no one was able to spell Huanazedha right. 10/10 would read again.

Go go crocodile power! A thousand crocodiles shall tear you apart and have you as an aperitif to their buffalo main course as punishment?

ArbreHaernTeaniSessizlikXavin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    ain't it Hwannazoodey or somethin'
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    In the Pools it is commonly referred to as 'Huehuehuenazedha'.
    LinHaernIosyneRowena
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    When I can't spell something I just horribly mispronounce it icly, and make no efforts otherwise.
    Haven
  • edited March 2014
    Im still upset that they made the NPC Rax no longer sell an actual drug that knocks you off your feet. It feels like im sipping a mint leomanade cocktail.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Drugs have generally never been a big deal in Aetolia. I believe it was tried, at one point, and the feedback was so negative that it was never expanded on.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • edited March 2014
    Ishin said:
    Drugs have generally never been a big deal in Aetolia. I believe it was tried, at one point, and the feedback was so negative that it was never expanded on.
    Think of the children? E-drugs are the leading cause of teenage abuse? O.o

This debate was brought up yeaaaaars ago in Achaea when 'Gleam' was introduced, and IRE gave a rather firm stance stating "We do not condone the act of abusing drugs, however we attempt to provide all real elements in a rich atmosphere where one may take their character in whatever path they wish to". Apparently though in Aet we'd rather act like it doesnt exist..
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Uh. There's always the hallucination mushrooms.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Nah, @Calipso, it'd probably be because I know my brother pops pills and gets shitfaced basically every night/other night, and when I login to my game to have fun, I don't really want to fucking look at some punk kid on the internets RPing his character getting high or fucked up because he thinks the shit's cool. I mean, that's just my stance on the matter, though. America's a free country and you're welcome to whatever thoughts or opinions you want to have.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    PerilunaRowenaLinTeani
  • Calipso said:
    Ishin said:
    Think of the children? E-drugs are the leading cause of teenage abuse? O.o

This debate was brought up yeaaaaars ago in Achaea when 'Gleam' was introduced, and IRE gave a rather firm stance stating "We do not condone the act of abusing drugs, however we attempt to provide all real elements in a rich atmosphere where one may take their character in whatever path they wish to". Apparently though in Aet we'd rather act like it doesnt exist..

I'm going to have to agree with Ishin on this one. Regardless of IRE's official stance in regards to drug abuse within the games and without, The feedback for said drug abuse has, outside of a minority, been generally negative. So much so, very few players seem to rarely give a moment's notice to any sort of abusable substance outside of those related to more common recreational imbibments (e.g. liquors, cactus weed).

As said within Ishin's post, the after-effects of drug abuse is something that most of us have had to deal with at one point or another and we do not wish to re-live any part of the experience within a setting we deem 'fun'. The same could be said for rape, extensive alcohol abuse (those who attempt roleplay as abusive alcoholics), or any other addictive behavior taken to a negative, disastrous end.

This is not to say that roleplay cannot exist for someone who chooses to adopt substance abuse as a primary character quality, indeed many already do so with vampiric blood and, again, alcohol. However, when this roleplay is taken to a realistic extreme, it shouldn't come as a surprise that most would avoid that type of roleplay as it is stressful. Even worse with many, it may even remind of traumatic memories.

Long post summed into a single sentence: Roleplay however you choose, just as anyone has such a choice, but do not be entirely surprised if others choose to avoid your character and his or her choices.

LinIshinMaghakPiperPeriluna