Endgame idea

So, one area I think is lacking is once you get endgame, your kinda done as far as bashing and getting any additional benefits.  Yes I know with the new statpack changed you get an extra bonus for every 10 levels, but im inclined to think maybe there is another way to fill a gap.  

Stealing an idea from the Call of Duty games, perhaps add in an option for going into a "Prestige mode".  You can only go into this mode when you reach level 100, and in doing so you will be reset back to level 1.  You revert back to Level 1 HP, Mana, WP, etc., and now get to enjoy bashing back to level 100 again. You keep your endgame race and stats from that race, along with the endgame abilities.  I know I myself enjoyed the idea of pushing for lvl 100, but once I got it, its now just kinda lack luster to hunt any further.

Now to make this worthwhile outside of just getting to enjoy hunting from start to finish again, throw in a bonus or reward for going into "Prestige mode".   25-50 Bound Credits?  Other useful bonuses?  A nifty honors line too?  

Just thoughts, feel free to build on it or comment as you will.  
HavenTsvanni

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I think it'd be cool if after lvl 100 you can opt for a "hard-core" mode where you have increased XP loss from deaths but you'll get a cool honors line or racial treat for making it to 100 again. 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Aryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    "Get to enjoy bashing back to level 100 again." I cringe at that statement, just me though. If lots of people want that it could be cool
    Tsvanni
  • I'd maybe do it for an honors line. 25-50 bound cr is a little low considering you can gold bash more than that in the same time if you were in endgame areas. Would be nice on top of the honors line, but the cr on it's own wouldn't be much of an incentive.

Otherwise I think it's a neat idea. I love bashing, but I hate endgame bashing because the benefits have been historically lackluster. Even with the statpack changes the bonuses like 2% health kinda stuff is kinda a small buff for so much work. I'm not going to go grind for that stuff... maybe I'll get a couple as time goes on in the course of bashing for offerings or bashing up midbies or something. I guess one of the big problems with making endgame bashing interesting is that the buffs have to be weak or they become requirements to participate in other activities. Giving out cr or lessons would either hurt the company's bottom line or be a weak incentive to people who already have all the stuff they want.
    Rawr
  • I would do prestige for the same reasons I prestiged in CoD. Cause I'm bored and why not?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Dagan
  • Free class slot?
    HavenAryanneArbreTaelin
  • I could see why it might be an issue coding in rewards and what not if you do it a second time, but if you guys could just like add the option to reset just because you could (assuming it wouldn't take long or whatever) I would seriously totally do it again just to pass the time. And probably enjoy it. I'm weird like that, I guess.

• Sometimes it's good for the old soul to just be able to type gt woot! Level 42!! (And all those other ones too)
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited January 2014
    I like this idea - but:

I want my overall level to be still a thing. So if I'm level 123, and enter prestige mode, and proceed to bash to 100 all over in said mode, I think it'd be a little lame if my place on the overall rankings never changed from my level 123 rating - I just got 100 levels worth of exp, that's probably another level or so, even at that height.

Sort of like how Imperian treats your bashing level and your pk level different from your overall level?

There's your regular, garden variety level, and your prestige level, and if your prestige level gets to x height in comparison to your garden variety level, the latter begins to have some effect on the former?

That said, I love, love, love bashing, and have rolled alts just to experience the joy of that 'ding, forty two' so.. do want.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Could always have Current XP and Total XP, so your experience ranking goes off of Total XP but your current is what gets reset and determines your level. Think about an odometer versus a trip meter in a car.
    Rawr
    DraimanErzsebet
  • Some kind of alternate advancement would be cool. End Game is something of a bane for game designers, and it's not something that IRE games have ever done particularly well. Aetolia is moving in the right direction, and I think something like this would be a great addition. 
  • Not to go against any of you guys, but I am a pretty hardcore basher. And I've worked relatively hard to get to 150, however, if there was a "prestige system" in place and there was a reward of credits to loop back once I was 100, I would completely abuse the system. Because, not only would I get the bound credit rewards, but I'd also continue to get the level up rewards for leveling (5 lessons per level, plus credits per every 5/10 levels). If that was the case, honestly, I'd never buy credits from the site ever again, cause I could just go bash bash bash bash, all night/day long. Not only that, but this would completely counterbalance the enhancements they made for those who have reached the 100+ mark. So if they did make a 'prestige' or loop system, they would have to seriously augment the enhancements.

That being said, I do think there is a need for more endgame material. However, I am not sure this idea would be all that great for said material.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Arbre
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I've discussed remort races tons of times with tons of people: basically, complete a difficult quest to get a new race (lich, demon, valkyrie, etc, etc) and reset to level 1. It is a fairly common feature in most other muds I've played.
  • If a new race was introduced @Alexina, I think it should be harder to get than lvl 100. After all, anyone can faceroll themselves to lvl 100.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Lin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Eh. I didn't mean to suggest that level 100 would be the sole requirement to obtain these 'prestige' races. Requirements could be getting even higher levels (130+ or something like that) or completing specific quests, etcetera. In these other muds, remorting to a new race or class was not easy and took a fair bit of dedication. Otherwise, it'd be pointless.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I was kinda assuming that the admin would disable the credit/lessons gains if you "prestiged" and it would be something solely for funzies.

Haven
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Zsadist said:
    [. . .] Because, not only would I get the bound credit rewards, but I'd also continue to get the level up rewards for leveling (5 lessons per level, plus credits per every 5/10 levels). If that was the case, honestly, I'd never buy credits from the site ever again, cause I could just go bash bash bash bash, all night/day long. [. . .]
    Focusing solely on this, you could make the same argument about bash bash bashing all night/day long for gold, and buying credits through that and never needing them off of the site again.

I know that credits being on average 1/5th of the gold in Aet as they are in Lusty means I spend, well, roughly 1/5th as much money on Aetolia as I do on Lusternia, despite playing Aetolia for 4/5ths of the time.

• Carivah said:
    Focusing solely on this, you could make the same argument about bash bash bashing all night/day long for gold, and buying credits through that and never needing them off of the site again.

I know that credits being on average 1/5th of the gold in Aet as they are in Lusty means I spend, well, roughly 1/5th as much money on Aetolia as I do on Lusternia, despite playing Aetolia for 4/5ths of the time.
    You're right, one could bash bash all night and day long and make credits that way, but lets face it. It would never reach the same capability as bashing to 100, looping, then doing it again to loop again, over and over. Not only that, but credit prices seem to be rising every other month or so, so credits via gold, while still possible, is getting harder and harder.

• To be fair, credit prices are on the rise lately because there have been a string of unpopular promotions, so there's not as many people buying - like when giftbag promos go up, everyone wants giftbags but don't care so much about the credits, so more end up being sold for cheaper. Obviously if there was a 'remort' system you wouldn't be able to gain more lessons that way, as it'd be a substantial hit to IRE's business, at least imo.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz