Tribal Masquerade ( Attempt 2 )

I have a theory. I'm probably wrong.

Trying to post this after fixing it for Trager.

Comments

• Special shout-outs: 

@Rashar: For that fucking ridiculous entrance. I may have laughed at you but it was hot as hell. As well as that story, making it up on the fly was hilarious to take part of. Love you, bruh.

@Dhar: For the recognition, definitely. Everyone's thanks had a big impact on my feelings of the event but you really made me feel all warm and gooey inside.

@Elwyn, @Kaleigh and @Kerryn: For slaving over a hot stove/(insert appropriate brewers utility here). The drinks, the food - Much appreciated.

@Teani: For passing along your favor to Trager - Really, really feel inspired to keep on doing things like this, I feel like an entire door has been opened for me to work towards.

@Moirean: For the brainstorming of the event - You really set me off on the right back to build off of and make the magic happen. Much love, old friend.

@Alucardain: You made me laugh harder than I have in a very long time. I love how eager you were to be a part of the event and I really hope to see you stick around and grow older! As a LIFER now!

(Enter Kaleigh)

Kaleigh walks in, keeping quiet, two large baskets carried in each arm. "Where do you want them?"

You have emoted: Trager shifts slightly, his eyes gazing at Kaleigh through the holes in his mask. 
    "Near the cups, if you would."

(Enter Elwyn and Mariena)

Elwyn raises her hand in a greeting. "Hello all," she says.

Kaleigh nods her head once to you and places the baskets down beside the pile of cups. She opens 
    them up and takes a few steps back, wrapping her arms around her torso.

You have emoted: Trager inclines his head, his words slightly muffled behind his mask as he says, 
    "Miss Elwyn, Miss Mariena."

(Enter Serrice)

Roughly, you say, "Greetings, Teani, Fox."

Serrice tips her head in silent greeting.

(Enter Phoenecia)

Phoenecia remains leaning against the trunk of a tree, her arms folded, simply watching the 
    gathering idly.

You have emoted: Trager tilts his head slightly upward, the tell-tale sounds of muffled sniffs 
    echoing out from behind his mask, "More are coming, good."

You have emoted: His mask awash in the orange glow of the flames, Trager glances around before 
    finally resting his eyes upon Elwyn. "Elwyn, would you do the honors of heading up the mask 
    selection group?" he rumbles deeply.

You see the following people here:
    Meyvitch, Mariena, Teani, Arbre, Phoenecia, Trager, Serrice, Kaleigh, Elwyn

Elwyn tips her gaze, hidden behind her mask, towards you. "I would be very much delighted," she 
    answers.

You say to Elwyn, "You and one other of your choice will judge the best assortment of costume and 
    mask - The winner earning a prize from the council."

You say to Elwyn, "You have the entire event to decide."

You tell Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah, "Unfortunately, this would mean you are not eligible to win. Is 
    this ok with you?"

With a nod, though she looks out towards the others, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says to you, "That is 
    being fine with me. Who is wanting to help in judgement with me?"

You have emoted: "Perhaps Mister Meyvitch," Trager growls throatily, "As he did not bring a mask for 
    himself."

You have emoted: Trager nods his head towards the new arrivals, his voice booming out from behind 
    his mask, "Welcome, everyone."

Alucardain says, "Aryanne your unbelievable."

Shushing, Aryanne Aquila says to Alucardain, "Hush on - speaking it to begin about!"

You conjure up the illusion: A steady crackle can be heard as the nearby fire continues its steady 
    consumption of fuel. The heat rolls off of it in waves, warming the surrounding area for several 
    paces in every direction.

Tipping her head to the left, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says to Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-
    Yaslana, "What do you say? Will you help me in judging masks and costumes?"

Teani moves to the side, leaning against the trunk of a tree while watching the others.

Meyvitch pauses, reaching up to adjust his mask, then decides Elwyn's given him an opening and leans 
    over to speak in her ear.

Meyvitch murmurs to Elwyn, "Of course."

You have emoted: Trager's skin is alight from glow of the roaring bonfire, casting a heavily bronzed 
    hue across his already tanned skin. "Once again," he booms out in his throaty baritone, "Welcome, 
    everyone. A few more arrivals, and we shall begin."

Aren folds his arms over his bare chest, remaining close by Kerryn as he watches the others.

Aryanne shimmies though the crowd awkwardly to find Arbre and tug on her arm for attention.

You conjure up the illusion: curious assortment of wildlife has begun arranging around the copse, 
    evident by the multitude of yellows, greens and reds that give the tell-tale sign of eyes staring 
    out from the forest, the flames drawing their interests.

Elwyn tells you, "Meyvitch will help me in judging. Gods help us all."

Kerryn glances at Aren briefly before slipping her mask on and focusing her attention on you as you 
    begins to speak.

Kerryn murmurs to Kaleigh, "You look so fierce and beautiful, dear."

With a quiet sigh, Aryanne leans her head in against Arbre's side, seeking some comfort as she waits 
    for the event to begin.

Arbre raises her hand, rubbing softly at Aryanne's back as she looks back to you.

A curious assortment of wildlife has begun arranging around the copse, evident by the multitudes of 
    yellows, greens, and reds that give the tell-tale sign of eyes staring out from the forest, the 
    flames drawing their interests.

Kerryn turns her head and looks around her immediate area, spotting Alucardain, she beckons 
    him closer with a smile.

A thunderous rumbling of drums begins from somewhere deep within the forest, rising in volume until 
    it rolls like thunder across the clearing. A piercing horn engages, its penetrating call joined a 
    heartbeat later by a second, much lighter tone that wraps and twists in a potent counterpoint to 
    announce the presence of Roux and Rashar.

Alucardain steps closer to Kerryn giving a weak smile.

You have emoted: Trager's voice thunders out above the noise of both small conversation and the 
    crackle of the flames. "Young Alucardain," his voice sounds, the emerald orbs revealed through the 
    holes in his mask fixing on the young man, "Welcome to a celebration of the Wilds. I do hope you 
    enjoy yourself as you get to take part in a small bit of our heritage this day."

Rashar strolls into the clearing leisurely, arm laced around Roux's and a crooked smile pulling at 
    his lips. "Fellers," he greets. "You can get the party started now, I believe."

You have emoted: With a sound curiously similar to a quiet chuckle, Trager nods slowly, his attention 
    briefly flicking from Rashar to Roux. "Welcome, Thunderstorm."

Elwyn begins wandering about the crowd, weaving in and about and looking at everyone with a very 
    close eye.

Teani smiles at Elwyn, nodding as she studies the outfit along with the mask. "See, that looks good 
    together." She offers a small grin. "Good team work."

INTERJECTION -

EX ALUCARDAIN

He is an undead typical Human. (Wtf? Whatevs!)

Mariena edgees towards Phendegwen and hooks an arm loosely around Phendegwen's. "So glad you could 
    make it and bring smokes to boot! Very good."

Aren clears his throat a bit, offering Kerryn a small smile, "Yep! How bout a drink?"

Phendegwen rumbles, "Smokes in the box here, help yourselves," as he places a box amongst the 
    various refreshments.

Elwyn's mask raises upwards, probably an indication of a smile at Teani. "It does indeed, many 
    thanks again for the mask," she says.

Roux rests her other hand lightly atop Rashar's arm, looking around at the array of people, tail 
    curling lazily behind her easy step.

You have emoted: The muffled sounds of a throat clearing echoes out from behind Trager's mask as he 
    takes a small step forward closer to the flames. "Welcome," he booms, his eyes dancing across the 
    room, slinking over each mask, costume and bare expanse of flesh that they find, "We are gathered 
    here this day, to take the time to revert back to our roots."

Aryanne sighs quietly, leaning comfortably against Arbre's side as she continues to watch the 
    procession.

"Traveling wastrel?" Rashar asks quietly, and the laughter can be heard in his quiet rumble. His 
    eyes, unreadable at the best of times, are completely concealed behind the ocean-blue lenses of his 
    mask.

Phendegwen smiles warmly at Mariena, telling her, "Always good to see you, Mariena. I suppose I can 
    tolerate some music and dancing, for the sake of pleasant company."

Kerryn eyes Aren, "Are you -allowed?-" asks in hushed tones, clear doubt written upon her features. 
    She soon falls silent as you begins to speak, her pale gaze shifting to focus upon you.

Mariena pats Phendegwen on the arm she captured and beams up at him. "Very good, Phenny," she 
    murmurs so as to not interrupt you and his introduction.

You have emoted: Trager continues, the thunderous rumble of his voice only imperceptibly muted by a 
    simplistic, snow-white mask hiding his features from those gathered. "We take a step back, forsaking 
    the comfort of our beds that we have come to rely on, the inns, the bars, the buildings of stone and 
    and wood. This day, we are as we began - Children of the Forests."

Ariadne quietly stalks in, hugging the shadows beneath the oaks. At her heels, a black wolf lopes 
    along, letting out a low whine. It's clear he's not eager to attend whatever gathering the Sentinel 
    has led him to.

Meyvitch moves over to Kerryn's side, crouching down beside her, causing his map-cloak to billow out 
    and throw up a small ring of dried mud from the dusty ends.

Elwyn continues her circling around of everyone present as if taking mental notes and muttering to 
    herself.

Rashar kicks the pair of kegs, one at a time, so they roll over and settle near the rest of the 
    drinks. He rocks back and forth from heel to toe excitedly, and his hands come up as if to slip into 
    currently absent pockets before he remembers his current attire. With an almost imperceptible sigh, 
    the Yeleni brings his fingers around to hook into the waistband behind his back.

Hearing you speaking, Kaleigh turns her attention towards him. She tugs at the bottom of her skirt, 
    absently before wrapping her arms back around her torso.

You have emoted: Trager glances around once more, slower this time, taking pause over the occasional 
    form gathered before him. "We have abandoned the clothings that bind us every day, choosing to garb 
    ourselves in clothing that the wilds have provided for us." He begins a slow stalk around the 
    bonfire, offering confident nods to those his form encounters along the way, "Here, there is no 
    shame, no hiding your true self. For we are all exactly how we are supposed to be - Shaped into the 
    perfect form to combat against this imperfect world."

Meyvitch's eyes narrow.

Meyvitch tells you, "...I need to re-read the news more often. I heard costume, and. I dressed with 
    a theme in mind."

<font face="Arial, Ve
    Jasline

• Kerryn can't help but laugh at your comment as she nods to Aren, "I'd like that." she says with a 
    smile.

You conjure up the illusion: The sharp, jagged sound of the pipes begin to fuse with low, rich 
    beating of the drums, contrasting frighteningly at their timbre but strangely they still maintain a 
    melodious tune.

Rashar slips out into the clearing, the spikes of his majestic mask pointed almost ahead of him as 
    he watches the ground roll past. A few paces away he slows and then halts, beginning already to sway 
    back and forth with the music. His head comes up, and he turns at the waist to smile at Roux. One 
    long arm reaches out, two fingers curling in invitation as he says, "Coming, love?"

A mirthful faun piper combines festive dancing with his playing, skipping around the area as he 
    plays a low-toned hornpipe.

Phendegwen smirks slightly, and sits down slowly against one of the trees to watch the dancers 
    quietly through a wreath of smoke.

You have emoted: Trager spins violently at the twist, his form very quickly forsaking Meyvitch as it 
    begins to grasp a hold of the music.

Mariena steps into the firelight and towards Elwyn, her steps matching the bone-shaking 
    reverberations of the ursine drums. She hangs back just a little, not wanting to interrupt but 
    clearly wishing to join as the swaying of her hips matches each of the faster notes of the handpipes.

Kaleigh's giggling continues as she watches Meyvitch and you dance to the point where she nearly 
    looses her balance.

A mirthful faun piper combines festive dancing with his playing, skipping around the area as he 

Ashlea moves over closer to Phendegwen, flopping down uncereminiously next to her friend as she 
    leans against the trunk of the tree.

Meyvitch's eyes widen as the you takes the lead as the music's pace quickens, and he finds HIMself 
    being yanked about the clearing.

Roux tilts her head, and almost without giving herself time to consider, as if it's entirely 
    unnecessary, she's moving forward, hand coming up, and it slips into Rashar's own, though her feet 
    find steps that seem to match the beat of the drums already, step, pause, step.

Aren chooses a drink for Kerryn and himself before crossing back over to her, handing over the tea, 
    "This good?"

Phendegwen smiles at Ashlea, saying, "Good to see you, my friend. Care for anything to smoke? I can 
    probably roll things other than what I brought in the box. . ."

Wylliam grips hold of the bottle, the wolf at his side, lowering his head on the man's lap.

Magistra Ashlea Bloodrose, Ward Prefect asks Phendegwen Tanarian, The Engineer, "Is there any weed 
    in there?"

Phendegwen Tanarian, The Engineer says, "That there is. . .in fact. . .it's mostly weed."

Phendegwen smirks.

Foot tapping against the ground, Teani smiles as the piper spins by her in his joyful dance. 
    Deciding to join in, she follows his lead. Instead of playing on an instrument, she claps her hands 
    in time with the beat. Spinning, crouching and turning, the vines of her dress flare out around her 
    as she makes her way around the bonefire and the clearing.

You have emoted: Trager leaves Meyvitch's quickening dance for a moment, darting swiftly into the 
    crowd. Reaching for the hands of both Aren and Kaleigh, his abrasive growl sounds out over the music 
    slowly beginning to flood the area, "You two, out here, with us!"

Meyvitch wipes his hands on his trousers, glancing about himself and looking fairly disappointed to 
    lose his dancing partly.

Alucardain looks at Kerryn with a smile "There happiness is, intoxicating".

Kerryn murmurs to Alucardain, "It could be yours too, my friend."

Phendegwen laughs at Ashlea, telling her, "Well, I can make such any time- I guess I didn't mention 
    that I've ventured into fumology. It's something of a small obsession, possibly. Opened a little 
    smoke shop even, over in that camp."

Alucardain looks into her eyes "The curse feels so good".

Aren rolls his eyes, attempting to grab at Kerryn's arm on the way as he dragged into the dance. He 
    takes a long swig of his drink and begins dancing, laughing happily.

Rashar slides into Roux, palm resting on the small of her back as he pulls her the rest of the way 
    to himself. His feet move in step with hers, and the smile that he shoots down at her brilliant, 
    searing in its intensity. His body twists and writhes, wrapped into hers with an ease born of much 
    familiarity. He moves, pulling her around the clearing as the music shifts.

Kaleigh's giggling subsides as she shrugs her shoulders and takes your hand, joining him in a dance.

A white stag enters from the southeast, snorting a challenge.

Ashlea snickers under her breath, bringing the green cigarette to her lips again and taking a drag 
    off of it as she remarks to Phendegwen, "These are definately things you should've mentioned earlier."

Rashar snorts arrogantly at a great white stag.

"Wrong crowd to be challenging, critter," Rashar grins at the retreating deer. "Whole lot of wolves 
    around here."

With the thrum of the music flowing through Elwyn's blood, she takes Mariena's hand and finding a 
    place to spin the short Azudim she dances with and pulls her back in, dripping into a sort of bow 
    before she straightens. Her feet twist and turn in steps that seem natural to the rhythm of the beat 
    as she begins to circle Mariena and herself around the bonfire.

You have emoted: Trager swiftly begins pulling Aren and Kaleigh closer towards the flames, a slight 
    hitch of his feet, a slow shift of his hips as he quickly falls back into the music.

Meyvitch withdraws to the edge of the circle, firelight flickering and casting orange shadows over 
    his mask as he watches the others.

Kerryn gives a small squeak of surprise as Aren drags her away, frantically she holds the bottle out 
    away from her to avoid having it spilled on her. "Goodness." she comments watching Aren for a moment 
    before following his steps, the dance somewhat unusual for her but she does her best to move to the 
    beat of the drums.

You conjure up the illusion: Higher and higher the shrill, haunting music of the pipe climbs while 
    the drummer beats out a rounded, rhythmic beat. The conjoining of the music has elicited the 
    response of a majority of the animals within the viscinity - raucous cries from birds, throaty 
    snarls from wolves and low, yawning bellows of the bears.

The step is unpracticed, wilder than a stately city-bred thing and matching the beat somehow despite 
    looking entirely uncoordinated. Roux's hands are on Rashar, her lips curling beneath the darkness of 
    her mask, that crimson gaze, and her body undulates, shifting, twisting with the Yeleni.

Alucardain folds his arms and watches Kerryn laughing as she dances "Nice moves" he teases.

Mariena lets out an easy laugh at being pulled and spun around and switches to trying to spin in 
    more intricate patterns within Elwyn's movements. She always ends back up against the leather-clad 
    woman.

Moving with the grace of a feral hunter, Teani spins around on her own. Now and then, she beams 
    brightly at the piper, matching his movements. She continues to weave her way through the crowd, 
    careful not to bump into anyone as more join the fray.

Aboves the dancers, above the fire, above it all, Serrice sits and watches, silent and still. On 
    occasion she lifts her head and directs her gaze skywards, the concealing mirror of her mask hiding 
    whatever intent might be read from her expression.

A joyous laugh sounds from beneath Elwyn's mask as the dance continues, her hidden gaze always 
    staying on Mariena as she leads them around the fire, skipping, stomping and hips swaying to the 
    beat.

You have emoted: Closer and closer to the flame now roaring into life Trager steps, his body a mass 
    of flowing, gyrating limbs as the music sinks deep into his bones. A shift of movement above him and 
    his eyes instantly scan the treetops, calling out heavily, "Fox, join us!"

Meyvitch sets aside a bottle again, and comes up with a black bandage he ties over his forehead and 
    around and under his hair to keep it out of his face. Shifting his weight from foot to foot, he 
    snaps his fingers, edging slowly toward the fire until there's opportunity and space for him to jump 
    in.

Meyvitch tells you, "I got thirsty."

You tell Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana, "Cardio, my dear boy!"

Aren turns to face Kerryn, his body moving almost elegantly with the music, "You dance well." he 
    comments from under his mask.

A playful soliad harpist comes to a brief rest atop the harp, her wings slowing to a near stop as 
    she catches her breath. After a scant few seconds, she is back in the air again, nearly invisible to 
    the unassisted eye in her high-speed flight.

You see the following people here:

Meyvitch, Kerryn, Roux, Ariadne, Mariena, Rashar, Teani, Alucardain, Ashlea, Phendegwen, Arbre, 
    Serrice, Aren, Wylliam, Trager, Kaleigh, Elwyn

Listening to the beat of the drum, Kaleigh starts moving her feet in time with the rhythm. Her eyes 
    close slightly as her body begins to follow the movement of her feet, swinging and swaying in time 
    with the music. She opens her eyes again when realizing how close she is to the fire, at which she 
    twirls and ends up a few small steps away from the flames.

Kerryn laughs as she pushes the mask up a bit further to rest atop her head, "I was taught to dance 
    in a ballroom... this .. this is new." she admits honestly to Aren, "I fear you're far better at it 
    then I am." she smiles to Aren.

Silver flashes with gold across the bone mask covering Mariena's face as she spins towards the fire 
    and then away. Deciding to change the movements and knowing that Elwyn can keep up, stops spinning 
    in favor of a gyrating three-step.

Your invitation goes unheeded at first, the woman to whom it's directed staring -- presumably -- 
    enraptured up towards the sky. Eventually though, Serrice's gaze is drawn back to earth, and her 
    head turns to consider(?) its source.

"More guitar!" a befeathered centaur reveler calls in the middle of a fanciful twirl, winking over 
    her shoulder at a centaur guitarist.

A black-furred bahkatu drummer drops his ursine head in an enthusiastic nod, bringing his paws down 
    on the frame drum to slam out a quicker beat.

You have emoted: The green of his eyes now smoldering with some uninhibited hunger, Trager's eyes 
    finally sink upon Arbre, his hand coming up in a slow, beckoning gesture.

You conjure up the illusion: Ever so slightly the tempo begins to increase, nearly imperceptible in 
    its rise, the ethereal melodies now thoroughly molded together into one. The drums begin pounding 
    out an increasingly furious beat, the sound mysteriously eliciting an increase in heat from the 
    already roaring bonfire.

Arbre takes a deep breath and shifts out of her idling position, walking slowly through the crowd 
    toward you.

Meyvitch stamps his feet, his knees and elbows becoming looser and limbs more fluid as he loses his 
    inhibitions and self-consciousness.

With the slight change in how the dance is going, Elwyn makes a small misstep with a bark of 
    laughter before picking up the way Mariena wishes to lead.

You have emoted: Trager offers out his broad hands, his quickening step not ceasing as reaches out 
    to meet Arbre, a small twist here, subtle shift there, his body appearing to have forsaken the 
    ability to be still.

Rashar's breath is coming rapidly, though not from the effort of dancing. Were that spiked mask 
    elsewhere, surely the eyes revealed would even now be like blackened pits gazing down at Roux, and 
    his nostrils flare nearly in time with his heartbeat. His mouth opens, his tongue flicks into view 
    to brush across his lower lip before he leans down to nip lightly at her ear. His feet match most 
    certainly the rhythm of the music, but the movements of his body know only her. Now twisting and 
    shifting in perfect harmony, but then - the crash, large body moving forward to sweep her bodily 
    into the air, flinging her feet in a half-circle before settling once more. A growl emerges from his 
    chest, low and rumbling and perhaps less than audible from more than a pace or two away.

Aren snickers, pausing only long enough to take another drink, "Not better. I just don't care how 
    people see me."

Arbre gives you a smile that only looks -slightly- forced. "This has turned into quite a gathering, 
    <div style="font-family: 'lucida grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', tahoma,
    ValingarJasline
  • Arbre gives you a smile that only looks -slightly- forced. "This has turned into quite a gathering, 
    love," she says, just loud enough to be heard over the music, "You did very well." She takes your 
    hands, but makes no moves like your - where you is antsy, she is still.

Mariena peers at the bottle in her hand between steps and movement. Taking it close to her body and 
    balancing it atop her chest a moment, she utilizes a pivoting motion to take a drink.

As the music sinks into Meyvitch's bones, he closes his eyes and throws back his head with a joyful 
    noise like a yowl. He spins in circles, gyrating to the beat of the drum.

You have emoted: Trager's eyes narrow in concentration as the break-neck tempo of his movements 
    begin to slow, offering a more easy transition into the dance.

Phendegwen watches the dancers through his hazy cloud, murmuring to Ashlea, "I suppose that despite 
    my complaints regarding the whole music-and-dancing thing. . .it's got its qualities. So long as I'm 
    not having to dance."

Kerryn nods as she begins to dance in a circle around Aren near the fire, "Explains things." says 
    with a laugh. "Though I'm glad you decided to keep your modesty, sometimes less seeing is better." 
    she teases.

Aren stops himself, approaching Alucardain and offering a hand, "Come on kid. Yer making me nervous."

You have emoted: Trager glances over, his voice bellowing out once more, "Someone should grab that 
    little one and alleviate his fear!"

Elwyn's head tips to the left at Mariena, laughing throatily as she pulls the women flush to her 
    body and moving her own body in time with the beat against hers.

Pausing, Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Someone should grab him before someone 
    runs him down!"

Alucardain takes Arens hand and joins him and Kerryn in dance "Im dead what do I have to fear".

Arbre steps slight to the side so you can yell without being inhibited. It's clear in her every 
    movement that she has no intention of joining your dance.

"Lots, but nothing that has to do with dancing." Aren muses, keeping a hold of Alucardain's hand, 
    leading him.

Ashlea's eyes sparkle with amusement from behind the slits in her mask as she nods her head in 
    agreement with Phendegwen, "It is good for some amusement anyways."

Kerryn offers Alucardain a warm smile, "May as well try it while you're here." she urges. Her 
    dancing grows more exaggerated as she begins to relax, swaying and moving to the beat of the drums.

You conjure up the illusion: The music continues to weave its magical sound around you and those 
    gathered, wafting without regard over man, woman, animal and any other race assembled amongst the 
    musicians. Sharp highs chase subtle lows again and again, the melody now finally beginning to settle 
    down

Roux laughs, the sound of her delight ringing out as she's lifted and swung about, her hands falling 
    down upon Rashar's shoulders, gripping there with some tightness. She staggers upon finding her feet 
    once more upon the ground, though she catches up after a few steps. "Easy, love." she says in a low 
    tone, moving along once more easily, step pause, step, bounce.

The sweating bottle of whiskey presses against Elwyn's back as Mariena sways slower, against the 
    beat for the time being.

Teani ends her dancing, wiping a few sweaty locks of hair from her face. She gives the piper a very 
    elaborate curtsey, grinning at him before moving over to one of the tree to lean against it again. 
    She passes by the drinks, grabbing a cup to satiate her thirst.

Breathing hard and sweaty, Meyvitch slows to a stop. Not quite walking straight after all that 
    spinning, he stumbles over to retrieve his previously abandoned bottle.

Quietly, without much of fuss, Serrice slips off her oval mirror of a mask and tucks it away into 
    the folds of her kimono. The expression revealed is a touch pensive, a touch sad, a touch 
    melancholic.

Alucardain dances over to Kerryn and holds outs his hands "Let me have one dance with a beautiful 
    woman in my undeath".

Phendegwen murmurs to Ashlea, "Amusement, a reminder of the more vital aspects of Living- ever since 
    I took on our Lord's essence, those have, hrm. . .faded somehow, for myself. Seeing people caught up 
    in Living, it is a good reminder of why we are here. . . although. . 

You have emoted: Trager's form is thoroughly drenched, every sharp twist of his body throwing a mist 
    of sweat out to cover those unfortunately too near. Slowly his dance begins to slow in time with the 
    music, the furious movements gone now, replaced with something more subtle, relaxing as he nears a 
    finish.

A centaur guitarist attempts to get a befeathered centaur reveler's attention by rearing up on his 
    hind legs impressively, offering her a flex of his arm and a wink.

A befeathered centaur reveler prances over to approach a centaur guitarist, her tail flicking upward 
    playfully as she gives him much-desired attention.

A centaur guitarist's forelegs come crashing back down to the earth with a resounding 'THUD'. He 
    swiftly gets back into the music, large hands plucking the steel strings of his guitar in an edgy 
    melody.

Alucardain's question causes Kerryn to mis-step, stopping she looks to him curiously. "Alright." she 
    relents her hand moving to take Alucardain's, a brief look thrown to Aren, pale blue eyes narrowing 
    ever so slightly.

Rashar laughs softly at Roux's words, looking for a moment as if he will do no such thing. He does, 
    though, shaking his head as he dances her in circles and steps over to the edge of the clearing once 
    more. As he does he smiles widely at Alucardain and barks another rumbling laugh at you. "Go jump in 
    the river, feller," he teases playfully.

Ariadne eyes Alucardain silently. The wolf beside her is not so polite - the beast has been staring 
    at him for a long span now, a clear distaste in his eyes, while his hair stands on end.

Kaleigh continues to twirl and shake in time to the music. After a time her dancing slows and she 
    tries to control her breathing, peering around her, and slowly making her way to the edge of the 
    dancers.

Ashlea murmurs to Phendegwen, "Father chastised me for coddling a living Carnifex.. and now we're 
    hosting a flat out undead? I don't think I can stay here."

Kerryn gives a slight shrug as Alucardain wanders off, turning she smiles and continues to dance by 
    herself.

A savage, black-furred wolf's fur bristles even more and a low growl can be heard emanating from 
    somewhere deep in his throat. His lip curls, revealing a flash of sharp, white teeth.

Calling out from next to her tree, Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich says to Alucardain, "You might want 
    to be careful with that one."

Alucardain smirks "Im always careful".

You have emoted: Trager offers Izlude a welcoming smile as his dance comes to an end. With a heavy 
    arm he wipes his brow and gives a light flick, sending droplets of sweat flying onto the ground.

"Rendar smells your wrongness," Ariadne quietly answers, staring up at Alucardain from behind a 
    tangle of dark hair.

Eyes clouding with pensive thought, Serrice expels a breath from her tongues and makes to stand, 
    right there on her perch. It's a precarious balance but seeming of little concern to the Azudim -- a 
    moment later she kicks off it and shoots into the sky.

Alucardain says, "My wrongness?"

You conjure up the illusion: Finally the more prominent music dies, slowly fading away in favor a 
    more quiet, calm melodies that still continue to waft through the air

Kerryn soon wanders after Aren, removing the mask from her head she leans it against the base of the 
    nearest tree. Her hands lifting to comb through her tussled hair in a vain attempt to tame it.

Elwyn lets herself be towed, panting in and out breaths and wiping a hand across her brow to remove 
    sweat. "My, oh my, been some time before I have been dancing as such," she says, shoving her her 
    mask up to settle on her head so she can wipe down her face with her moist washrag.

"You fellers are just plain out of shape," Rashar chides with a crooked grin.

An eerie silence overcomes the area and the air grows cold and still as the armored figure of the 
    Underking fades into view before you.

You have emoted: Trager's chest heaves, his labored breath thick and panting. Holding up both arms, 
    he glances around, before calling out, "Rest, everyone, we have all done well. We will shortly move 
    on to the final bits of this gathering."

The wolf's growling increases in volume and he suddenly lets out a sharp snap, teeth slicing through 
    the air in a clear warning for Alucardain to step back. Ariadne is still and silent beside the beast,
     unruffled by the territorial display. Her eyes stay fixed on Alucardain and she lowly answers, 
    "Stench of Undeath. Upsets him."

Mariena's mask follows suit, perching atop her braids. "Yep," is agreed easily, "we should do that 
    more, chara," she murmurs, voice low and bottle offered with a shake of wrist.

Roux circles, following Rashar's lead, and despite her eyes being hidden by an ebon, twisted half 
    mask, a grin splits her face wide in happiness and amusement. "You are far too flightly." she 
    murmurs out low, her steps drawing to a gradual pause as the music dies down.

With a smile, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says to Dhar, the Underking, "Welcome Lord, the coolness You 
    do bring is quite refreshing after such dancing."

You have emoted: Trager's eyes shift towards Dhar, the rest of his features hidden behind his mask. 
    "Lord Dhar," he rumbles, bowing slightly at the neck.

Kerryn presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows 
    respectfully to Dhar.

Rashar inclines his head to Dhar. "Lord Dhar," he rumbles respectfully.

Dhar's armor clanks about noisily as His spindly frame twists to assess the gathered.

Izlude bows very lowly, "My Lord." he says respectfully before uprighting himself.

Ashlea lowers the pipe in her hand, rising to her feet, "Greetings my Lord," she states.

Teani straightens up slightly at Dhar's appearance. "Underking." she greets softly.

Alucardain bows to the Underking "My Lord".

Elwyn passes a moist washrag over to Mariena, "This will be helping," she says.

His voice distorted, Dhar, the Underking says, "What is the purpose of this.. gathering?"

Phendegwen hauls himself from his seat on the ground and sinks to his knees before Dhar, Staff of 
    the Arbiter planted before him.

You have emoted: Trager gestures towards the mass of sweaty figures, his tone heavy, but firm, "A 
    celebration of life, of the forests, of the wilds, Lord Dhar," he rumbles simply.

Rashar pulls away from Roux reluctantly, his hand sliding down the length of her arm before 
    releasing as he moves to stand next to you. His expression is placid - what little of it can be seen,
     anyway, and his hands tuck into waistline of his loincloth at his kidneys.

Mariena scrubs the rag over her face and down her neck quickly, eyes on the God present. She swipes 
    it at the nape of her neck before returning it to Elwyn.

Phendegwen says, "Hail, Father. . ." before turning to Alucardain, with narrowed eyes. "Do not call 
    Him that- unless you intend to make the changes required to embrace His gifts once again."

Roux inclines her head towards Dhar, and then stands still, letting the air dry her skin, arms held 
    slightly away from her body.

REMOVED MASSIVE HATE FOR LITTLE UNDEAD CRITTER THAT WAS THERE WITH US - 

Long story short, he says no to Dhar's offer to be made living once more, is shifted to NoT where he rethinks his decision and is made living

NEXT

Story time happens, see Rashar's log on their poetic discussion of a one-legged barmaid.

Continuing on...

An eerie silence overcomes the area and the air grows cold and still as the armored figure of the 
    Underking fades into view before you.

You have emoted: Trager arches an eyebrow, glancing around, "Or if there are no more brave ones, we 
    could always announce the winner of the costume contest?"

(Insert tons of Dhar greetings here)

You have emoted: Trager holds up his arms, motioning around for silence. "Now, our judges, Elwyn and 
    Meyvitch, please inform us who wins the prize!"

Elwyn steps away from Xavin and Mariena, smiling at everyone in turn. "I have looked upon each of 
    you every closely and Meyvitch quite agrees with me that our winner," she pauses, lips curling 
    upwards in a grin to make the moment stretch dramatically, "is..Teani!"

Teani blinks in surprise, straightening up at her place by the tree. "Really?"

Kerryn smiles to Teani and begins to clap her hands, "Congratulations!"

Mariena offers a loud, piercing whistle, followed by, "Woo Teani!"

Turning to face Teani, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says, "Quite really. Congratulations."

You say to Teani, "Well done!"

You say, "Teani, you'll be receiving a city favor from one of the leadership, as well as a credit 
    compensation for obvious detail and time you put into your work."

Teani lets out a soft laugh. "Well, I didn't expect that, seeing all the savage costumes around me." 
    She walks over to Elwyn and Meyvitch, giving each of them a hug. "Mind telling me your motivation?"

"It was a hard decision to be making but I feel yours was best put together," Elwyn answers with a 
    nod.

You have emoted: Trager clears his throat, glancing around, "While Teani won the contest overall, I 
    will say that -each- and every one of you would get a reward if I had it my way. You all worked 
    tirelessly on your costumes and fit well within the theme..." He pauses, glancing towards Meyvitch, 
    "Except for -you-."

The corners of Meyvitch's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Teani smiles brightly. "Well, thank you then." She nods her head to you. "If it's alright by you, 
    I'd like to transfer that favor to and instead give it to you, for this event and all the work you 
    put into it."

Jerking a thumb at Meyvitch, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says, "He is uniquely in his own ways of not 
    conforming."

You have emoted: Trager's eyes widen, but he quickly grabs back firm hold of his features. Inclining 
    his head he rumbles, "Thank you, Miss Teani, your words mean much to me. I daresay that this would 
    not have been possible if not for each and every one of you being here, participating."

Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says to Evening Sky, Teani Fiadhaich, "We can be doing that."

Glancing about, Telvi Mor, Elwyn Taziyah says, "You are all wonderfully put together. I do know I am 
    having the best of times and is what was very much needed."

"Well, fellers," Rashar rumbles loudly, "As much as I'd like to stay and chat, I've got something that
     urgently needs taken care of." With that he turns and dips at the waist, snatching Roux's wrist and 
    pulling her over his shoulder as he steps forward and up. With a quick bounce to settle the smaller woman,
     he inclines his head. "Take it easy," he says before moving rolling out quietly.
    MoireanValingarAryanneHaernMarienaJasline
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That was a fun event. Great job from Trager setting it up, and I hope you do more like that in the future!
    Mariena
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I was -so- looking forward to that event. We had outfits made and everything only.. real life hit and I was asked to work the next day which meant being at work at 7 in the morning soooo... next time.

Looks like you all had fun! Nice job on the event and I can't wait to be invited(crash) the next one!
    ElwynMariena
  • I had so much fun at this, thanks for everyone who came and put it together!
    imageimage
    MarienaTeani
  • You missed a chunk, Trager. Like sticking your hand out for anyone to take and me taking it. ^_^ I can send you a copy, if you want.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    It's in there! Read closer!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Looong ass log. And we put the story in a separate one, too.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I completely forgot about this event. I wanted to come crash it. :(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2