Ghosts of Aetolia

This started as something completely different, but I decided to look at the Help file for every city/council and every guild. Given, this was around 2:30pm MST, but every one I looked at showed no names at all. According to the HELP <whatever>, there is no one around who can induct anyone in any guild/city or is a novice aide.

I know, there are plenty of people about, I just need to do WHO or QW or w/e, and I know a good amount of city/guild leadership have gems, but this got me thinking: What is the general consensus on the fact that it appears no leadership is about anywhere? I understand that most 'newbies' go through the tour, or can find their way to Cerise, but say for the person who doesn't and knows enough to do 'help whatever' or even an older player who hasn't been around IRE for a million billion years and knows all about gems, how does that look to them?

My thoughts tends to be that if you choose to be leadership, you shouldn't be able to remove yourself from the help files. I know that, in past years, that was implemented as a way to 1) Give the Gem of Cloaking some value, and 2) To help people who were being griefed/hunted by pkers who used the Help file as a way to find their prey. Right now on Aetolia, however, it sort of looks like this:

"There are 40 players on this plane and 27 players on other planes."

I know part of this is Havens (that is a separate discussion), but of those 40 people, when I type qw, I see quite a few I recognize as guild/city leadership. So, my question is, what is the community's thought on how the gem of cloaking makes our guilds and cities look like no one is about who can either induct or help novices?

Comments

• NalorNalor UK
    edited March 2014
    First its Certimene not Cersie - help certimene - , and if your an older player and have this issue best is to message the GM .. and wait for a reply.. and if the GM accepts you and you still cant get around to speak with them, normally you can arrange a time best for both of you to fix this.

OR help -name- and just randomly send one of them a tell, as like you said, hood/gem takes you of the HELP so you might get lucky.

When it comes to novices, That's why NOVICE channel is around so novices can ask other players so he/she isn't stuck but can get some form of help.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Don't you love when you read back what you typed and what you typed and what you see are completely different?

Anyhow, my point more being, the lack of names at pretty much any time does make the guilds/cities look a little deserted, regardless of what we know we can do to get ahold of them.

Katszia