Old Bloodborn Complaining about Kids These Days

VeovisVeovis Florida
edited February 2014 in Roleplay Logs
<Veovis and Kiralla randomly run in to each other in The Stone Circle, shortly after Veovis' ascension to Tekal.>

The Players:
Kiralla
Veovis
Eliser
Ilyon (he actually speaks!)

The topics:

Little known facets of Bloodborn mysticism, old people bitching about kids these days, personal questions from Eliser, a new guild symbol, Veovis trolling Kiralla over Niuri's death (because why not rub salt in an old friend's open wounds, you bastard?)

Edit: Spoiler tags aren't working at the moment.
---------------------------- BEGIN LOG -------------------------------

Kiralla clears her throat.

You have emoted: The butt of his scythe striking the ground Veovis enters the shop. His gaze drifts 
briefly over the wares on offer.

Kiralla shakes a head slightly, only barely glancing up as she hears the scythe. "Good morning and 
so on." She murmurs, leaning against the counter, her skin a pale silver in colour.

You have emoted: Extending a bony hand toward a jar on a countertop, Veovis says, "Those. They are 
fresh enough." As Kiralla speaks, he turns, his inky eyes sweeping over her. "Good. Yes. No, no," he 
pauses another moment, absently licking a stray trace of old bood from a translucent claw.

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "No what now?"

Kiralla mostly just blinks at you, clearly a touch confused, glancing beyond the counter. "Or are 
you not talking to me?"

With a dry rasp, you say, "The morning. The sun is too bright. That cannot be a good thing, unless 
perhaps..."

Rubbing at her ears absently, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I don't 
read lips well enough to manage, apparently."

You have emoted: Veovis lets loose a dry chuckle. "It is not a skill I have learnt, either, but I 
suspect it would be a beneficial one," he says.

Kiralla nods her head slightly. "Alas, the Syssin piece it part and parcel with all the rest of 
their knowledge, and -I-, for one, will never be anything less than Reborn.

You say to Kiralla, "Having experienced the joy of the Great Corruption twice in my existence, it is 
not something I will ever forsake, even to uphold the very foundation of the Reborn. Not again."

Kiralla nods her head slightly. "I feel similarly." She offers simply, brushing a vibrant lock from 
her green-blue eyes, fiddling with *mask as she takes it off.

Kiralla's features, unbared, are delicate, framed in a shifting silver tattoo barely visibile, 
bright metallic on pale, and she pulls a curious, spherical dyekit out of a diamond-encrusted 
sapphire pack, beginning to use it to dye it a different colour.

You have emoted: Veovis refrains from lowering his hood to reveal his own features more fully. Is he,
 perhaps, uncomfortable since his transformation? "These young Reborn," he muses, his scythe 
creaking as he leans on it, "they do not quite understand where they came from or how such power 
came to be," he rasps.

Kiralla sighs audibly, just slowly exhaling an unnecessary breath as she nods. "They don't have any 
idea what it is to be one of the Bloodborn."

You have emoted: Veovis nearly trips over an uneven edge in a stone slab as he shuffles over to 
examine an item on a wall display. "This new corpse," he mutters, "I'd only just figured out how to 
make the old one work again."

Kiralla lets out a brief surprised-sounding laugh, and she nods her head slightly. "Tekal was like 
that. I was this kind of silvery toned thing, and I had these tiny little nubs on my head that 
itched like crazy." She says, grinning as she touch a hand briefly to her antlers, replacing a 
sapphire mask of fractured glass on her features.

Pulling herself up to sit on the counter of one of the displays, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla 
Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "And -tall-. Well. Taller. The world is awkward from up there."

Kiralla reaches down to her feet to slide off a pair of high-heeled silver slippers, carefully 
extracting dye from a curious, spherical dyekit to colour them as well, being careful to not get it 
anywhere else.

Untying the laces of her dark slippers, Kiralla pulls them off her feet.

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I was short to start with. I think I'm 
maybe an inch or so taller than I was as a Tsol'aa now."

You have emoted: His face set in a stern mask, Veovis regards Kirallla, his newly formed eyes 
looking into where her eys would be without her mask. "You were once the Sanguine Caliph as I was 
once the Sanguine Caliph," he says. "The others still sleep, save for brief fits of wakefulness, and 
so there are no others to ask. The Blood," he pauses, hesitating, "...does it speak to you?"

<Kiralla's response is missing, but she assures Veovis that she and several other Bloodborn Haruspices have had the same experience. It's actually kind of neat, as this is something I did briefly with Veovis. Kadvar and Kiralla came up with a similar premise regarding Haruspices without knowing that I had done something similar with Veovis around 2005-2006.>

You have emoted: Something like relief flashing over his face as the stern edges fade, and a small smile returns to his lips, Veovis says, "Harad? Even now? Even when I left the Reborn to administer justice to the one who I must begrudgingly call my successor, the Blood continued to speak to me in my deepest slumber." He coughs, expelling dark, mottled phlegm onto the floor. He doesn't seem to notice. "I was told that Harad committed the unthinkable act. That the Blood can speak to him again after that..." his voice trails off.

Hastily, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I don't know that he -still- hears. Just that he did."

You say, "I have been experimenting, attempting to make others hear and see as we do."

"Though it might. He is again blooded I hear, if not Reborn." Kiralla posits, chewing on her lower lip a moment as she slides her feet back into a pair of high-heeled sapphire slippers and eases off the display case. "Others?"

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Non-Reborn?"

You have emoted: A wolfish smile crosss Veovis lips, distorting his ghastly features. "They are not worthy. I began by compelling one of the savants of Bloodloch, who share something of our Art to come to me."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I cannot speak to the savants, but <REDACTED> hears them."

<Eliser enters, and the two Haruspices stop talking about esoteric matters>

Kiralla clears her throat slightly, and offers Eliser a curtsey. "Eliser Ve'kahi." She greets, with a brief smile.

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Eliser, Haruspex Veovis."

Eliser glances at Kiralla, cocks his head, then directs his gaze to you. "Hello. You're interesting, I'm told."

Kiralla lets out a slight laugh, covering it with a cough. "My, that was. Ah. Subtle."

You have emoted: An indigo brow arching sharply, Veovis says, "I see." He turns his head to examine the other vampire, the tendons straining visibly beneath the taut flesh of his neck. "Ah, Ve'kahi," he says with the smallest of smiles, revealing only the tips of his fangs. "You embody your progenitor's chaos as Bahir'an did his decadence. That your House survived the purges of our errant Great-Great Sire pleases me."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn smiles impishly and says to Eliser Ve'kahi, "He clearly hasn't seen the House hall if he thinks -Bahir'an- embodies its decadence."

Eliser says, after a pause: "I...hm. Don't know what to make of that." He quirks a smile in Kiralla's direction. "Blame Erzsebet."

Her own tone amused, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "For your chaos? Or the decadence of the hall?"

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "The latter. My 'chaos'. If that's what it is. Is my own."

Kiralla nods her head slightly. "I can't talk. Voltaire hall was the word in shiny when I created it."

The z's drawn out almost like a buzz against the back of his throat, you say, "Erzzzzsebet. I have met her at least twice before, but I have not seen Ve'kahi Castle in centuries. Does it still stand in the Morgun Forest?"

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Polished marble, sapphires just everywhere. Inlaid into things, door handles, shiny light fixtures, stair banisters."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "That's the forest."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Voltaire hall I mean. I went a little batty with the blue."

Simply, Eliser Ve'kahi says to you, "Yes."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Though there's plenty of red and green and things scattered about, too."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says to you, "I speak of the Hall in Bloodloch though, not the castlee, when I say decadence."

You say, "I have not seen it."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Imagine we could show you, if you're interested."

"Chairs and such." Eliser steps farther in, avoiding assorted pegs on the side wall. "Just. Unfortunately shiny."

Kiralla lets out a laugh. "It isn't that bad, is it?"

Gruffly, you say, "I have given little thought to the houses of late. Very little. I suppose, since our errant progenitor has arisen from his crypt again I shall have to come to terms with their continued existence."

Gesturing to be Eliser, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Talking to this one, is typically the only interaction I have with the House I am in."

Shadows intertwine against the earthen stones, darkening the area before blending within.

You say to Kiralla, "Your Bloodline was a great and noble one. Yet, even given the role of Duke Kazul in the resistance against Kauller, the Betrayer, our errant progenitor did not deign to  spare the Voltaire from Oblivion."

Eliser tilts his head again just barely, blue eyes considering. "Bitter."

Narrowing her eyes slightly, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "My line IS a great and noble one you mean."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "And he had nothing to do with Voltaire's choice to merge with Ve'kahi."

With a hint of incredulity, you say, "I see. So the entire, "I know I've slept for nearly the entire history of our race, but I'm back and I'm angry' speech had nothing to do with it?"

Kiralla lets out a laugh, the apparent irritation seeming to be gone. "Correct, actually. We'd been part of Ve'kahi for...what, five years, ten, when he stirred himself?" She glances over at Eliser briefly and says, "Hm. I guess you wouldn't know. Still."

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "Know, no. Heard, yes. From you, most recently."

You say, "No, I don't suppose I would. I'm only peripherally aware that the Primus has even condescended to awaken after he couldn't return as Keeper of Bloodloch."

Nodding at Eliser, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says to you, "But aye. We joined Ve'kahi long before his purge went into effect. Though we would not have survived without my apparent foresight."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "They might have. But we would have perished."
 H:5393/5393  M:5666/5666  B:(100)  XP:22.44% <eb> <cdb> (Night) 

"Mm. Well." Eliser's hands disappear into his coat. "Here you are: still Voltaire. And here we are: still standing."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Well, yes."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Naturally."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "It's what we -do-, is it not?"

You have emoted: Heaving his shoulders beneath the folds of his cloak Veovis winces as a bone pops audibly.

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "And I apparently kill conversation."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Well. The stuff before was classified as I said. Feel free to select a new topic."

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "That it's classified really doesn't help with my curiosity."

Casting off her final fetters, the luminous lady awakens fully, shedding her joyful light from horizon to horizon.

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "...Don't suppose there was anything unclassified about it."

Kiralla waves a hand dismissively. "There is a topic." She pauses dramatically. "That's pretty much it. Alas, your curiousity, as much as I admire the trait, doesn't make it not Reborn business."

Her wings flit behind her, fluttering to a momentary vibrancy, the curling filmy appendages a bright attention-drawing red colour before they fade, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Be curious about something else?"

Pondering him briefly, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says to Eliser Ve'kahi, "I'll answer one of your endless personal questions, if you like."

Eliser blinks. "Personal questions?"

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "You've a knack for picking the questions that hit extremely close to home, which makes for deeply personal questions."

With a wry smile, you say, "This ought to be interesting."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Is all I meant. You can ask a non-personal, non-guild-related question, if you prefer."

"Hm." Eliser pauses, turns to you, coat shifting slightly with the movement.

Kiralla ponders Eliser briefly. "Or a non-private guild question. I think you'd enjoy the guild."

Eliser glances at Kiralla from the corner of one eye. "That. Or you," he says, eyes flicking back to you. "I know little about either."

You have emoted: Regarding Eliser with a firm gaze Veovis says, "Few who now wake know anything about me."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "You're limited to one me-question. At least for the moment. You can ask as many guild questions as you like."

Eliser Ve'kahi says to you, "You first, then."

Eliser Ve'kahi says, "Something honest. I don't care what."

You say to Eliser, "Be warned that if I do not like your question I may just as well consume you."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Something honest. That's not a question."

Plainly, Eliser Ve'kahi says, "Not delivered as one, no."

Kiralla ponders Eliser and then shrugs slightly. "I do not believe my lady will ever return to me. But my Goddess will."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I will abandon neither."

Eliser Ve'kahi says to Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn, "Your lady."

Nodding slightly, Kiralla clarifies, "My Kiliana."

"Ah." A simple, neutral sound. Eliser considers Kiralla a moment longer.

Eliser Ve'kahi says to you, "And you."

Kiralla fiddles with a crystalline, sapphire wedding band and a crystalline, sapphire engagement ring on her left hand absently, turning her attention over to you.

You have emoted: Translucent nails rapping against the large jade and obsidian beads around his waist Veovis looks at Eliser for a moment, allowing silence to hang in the air before he speaks. "I consumed the blood of a Spellshaper for my meal upon waking."

Kiralla's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Eliser huffs. "Indeed."

Sounding amused, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Well. Honest, I don't doubt."

You say to Kiralla, "Indeed. I was ravenous. I consumed their entire encampment."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Or hello."

A cloaked figure inclines his head politely to those around him.

Kiralla catches a cloaked figure's eye and locks gaze before dazzling him with a curtsey that would put royalty to shame.

A cloaked figure says, "Guild symbol sigil type .. thing?"

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "What image is it I'm to plaster all over designs and so on for the guild."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "The one which was our symbol before I went to sleep is no longer applicable. Ergo, someone should have designed a new one."

A cloaked figure says, "If anyone did design a new one, I am not aware of such."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn asks, "May I?"

A cloaked figure says, "Certainly."

You have emoted: As Veovis heaves his newly broadened shoulders, the sound of ligaments and bones pop and crackle. "We had no symbol during my own Caliphate," he remarks somewhat dryly, before settling his inky gaze onto the cloaked figure of the current Sanguine Caliph.

With a curt nod, A cloaked figure says, "Aye, I see scant reason for symbols, myself, though I do agree that they can be inspirational for some."
 ) 
Eliser blinks, squints. Belatedly: "Hello."

A cloaked figure nods curtly at Eliser.

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "They're mostly just good for symbolism and designs, really. Seals."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Caliph, Eliser Ve'kahi. Eliser, Ilyon Bahir'an--Sanguine Caliph of the Bloodborn."

You have emoted: Flicking the blade of his scythe around so that the engraved runes catch in the light, Veovis says, "They are good for many things. They move the mind, and they move the Blood. The Art would be poor indeed without them."

Kiralla absently makes introductions between a cloaked figure and Eliser, waving an idle hand between them as she does so.

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Previously, twas a crimson runed owl. Which is no longer appropriate for obvious reasons."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "Previously to -that- it had been an obsidian athame hovering over a pool of jade flame, or some such, I believe."

You say, "The Essences are fickle. Perhaps if there is to be one symbol for all the Reborn it should be something devoid of such tokens as those."

Kiralla nods her head emphatically.

Slowly raising his head after spending a while in thoughts, A cloaked figure says, "You know, I still cannot come up with any of these, as you say, obvious reasons, as of why the most recent symbol would be inappropriate."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "The owl was chosen for its association with the Lady, and our then Matron, of Mystery."

You say to a cloaked figure, "In a word: she's dead, and her devotees do not care to be reminded of her."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Kiralla hisses vehemently at you.

Gaze narrowed behind her mask, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "She is NOT dead."

Vrazel has been electrocuted to death by a meager golden eld.

You say to Kiralla, "Mostly dead, then."

Unclenching her fists from her side and loosing a slow, physically unnecessary breath, her voice returning to schooled neutrality, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "No. Not that either, Haruspex. Simply not appropriate given our current Matron."

A cloaked figure says, "I, well, see. Alright, if you wish to present a different symbol that would be suitable, I'll be happy to consider it, though I should think that even in the present absence of the Lady, the concepot of mysteries still rings strong with the guild. Times, however, do change."

You say, "It seems tedious to change the symbol that represents the Reborn every time its patron or matron changes."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "The concept, will ever ring true within the Bloodborn, I should think."

Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I will endeavor to make this version of the alteration not something that must change betwixt our matrons and patrons."

You say, "Outsiders often define us by our use of the Kalsu tongue and by the weapons we bear."

Pondering this briefly, Zeze wo Ozidmu du, Ulo Kiralla Voltaire, the Mystborn says, "I will think on it, and consult with assorted Reborn, yourself included for thoughts and suggestions."

A cloaked figure says, "That would be quite appreciated."

A cloaked figure says, "Alright, now that's settled, I have other matters to see to, if you would all excuse me."

MarienaHavenJaslineEzalor

Comments

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    RP like this makes me miss being a vampire. I might have to drag my kelki alt to the dark side. 

• Mariena said:
    RP like this makes me miss being a vampire. I might have to drag my kelki alt to the dark side. 
    We could always use more roleplayers.