MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Macavity, we're dispatching 8 hr etas in the Chicago area. Round up some puppies and a few 2x4's.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    i am staying in my bed till I have to leave for work!  Much warmer!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • *SIGH* I lost my Ipod last night. Brand new. Had only played with it 2 days. I think it fell out of my pocket into the snow at Shaw's up the street from my friend's house, or at my friend's house in their driveway. So little, stupid Shuffles. :( Then I had to tell my Dad I lost my Christmas present from him a week after I got it. I feel horrible.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    did you use the FIND MY IPOD option??  not sure if there is one for that device but may help to track it down
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Somehow I think iPod Shuffles don't have that feature available.
    SolariaAryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    The two cats keep stepping in their own poo at really inconvenient times, to the point where I have to give them baths and they are very sad.
    Valenae
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Areka said:
    The two cats keep stepping in their own poo at really inconvenient times, to the point where I have to give them baths and they are very sad.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanArekaRivas
  • Sooo I'm sitting here. Doing my thang.

Playing Aetolia.

Strange noise by my feet. Laptop charger gets blown out. No idea how or why. Definitely wasn't a power surge. Charger is definitely dead.. and smells weird. 

So now I can't charge my laptop. ..Lucky I have my desktop buuut.. ......

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It's 36F/2C here in north Florida.  What.  The.  Unicorns.  I am going to -die-.

I'm wearing tights (not pantyhose, -tights-), jeans, socks and real shoes (it takes a lot for me to graduate from flipflops, a long-sleeve shirt, a hoodie, a windbreaker (that I stole from my dad and he is -really- mad at me about), and a leather jacket.  I'm regretting leaving my peacoat at my parents' house.  I've worn my hair down and tied it at the nape of my neck so it'll stay covering my ears.  I have an Adventure Time Jake onesie...  Should  I wear that?  Debating a second pair of socks.  Maybe I could make a scarf out of a shirt...

I hate winter.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Arbre said:
    It's 36F/2C here in north Florida.  What.  The.  Unicorns.  I am going to -die-.

I'm wearing tights (not pantyhose, -tights-), jeans, socks and real shoes (it takes a lot for me to graduate from flipflops, a long-sleeve shirt, a hoodie, a windbreaker (that I stole from my dad and he is -really- mad at me about), and a leather jacket.  I'm regretting leaving my peacoat at my parents' house.  I've worn my hair down and tied it at the nape of my neck so it'll stay covering my ears.  I have an Adventure Time Jake onesie...  Should  I wear that?  Debating a second pair of socks.  Maybe I could make a scarf out of a shirt...

I hate winter.
    Would you like me to Fedex some sympathy to you? We were at -16 on Monday. It actually wasn't that bad, other than my wife didn't want me going out of the house so I couldn't go grocery shopping so we didn't have a whole lot of options on stuff to eat.

Now, where's my orange juice, Florida!?
    Arbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2014

• Trying to bring up my keyboard on my kindle to post here. Waugh, took me like 5 minutes :(
    imageimage
  • Arbre said:

I want to flag your post as a troll so bad for this. It was -20 here yesterday, please kindly send some of your "winter" north.

ArbreDemarcus
    Demarcus said:
    Would you like me to Fedex some sympathy to you?
    Yes.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Everytime I go into combat lately I lag like a mofo. Cry.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited January 2014
    Arbre said:

I hate winter.
    I remember when we had hard freezes in Florida in November and December...back in like 1994/1995. I will take the 26 degree weather in January. But I agree with you on the not liking winter. I don't like summer either.

My rage is that the drier air/low humidity is making my sinuses go crazy. I need to go out and buy a humidifier for my bedroom now to appease my sinuses.

Edited for clarity.
    It snowed in '89.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Arbre said:
    Demarcus said:
    Would you like me to Fedex some sympathy to you?
    Yes.
    Sent. With oatmeal raisin cookies and thick wool boot socks. Toasty feet make the world a better place when it is cold.
    Arbre
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Slyphe said:
    Arbre said:

That including the wind chill or no?  VT has been having like -18 at my house but its around -30 with the windchill.

It's warmed up to 3 now that I'm in PA for work, but now I'm outside for 12 hours a day working with water.
    I want to flag your post as a troll so bad for this. It was -20 here yesterday, please kindly send some of your "winter" north.

• getting a note on the coffee table saying my roommate's mother wants to sell the house I'm renting a room in. Need to be out of here by the time it goes on the market March 1st. Now I have to find a new place to live. I -liked- this place and my nerdy roommate. And as cold as my room is, it's bug free, and I don't have to deal with annoying people. And have an attached bathroom. And a 10 min drive to work which has allowed me to put in killer amounts of OT. I'm going to miss it here. :-(

12 hr shift (13 hours to include lunches). Each time I go in before 8:30am, I have to set my alarm earlier than usual for the OT. This causes really weird shit to come out of my head as my sleep schedule is interrupted by the urgent need to wake up 3 hrs before my alarm so I don't miss it. Today I woke up at 245am looking for dueling pistols (or swords) for Monte Cristo and De Morcef. I haven't the faintest idea whose second I was, but damn I needed those weapons.

Then I had to deal with Minnesota, Michigan, and Illinois' all bitching because we're still backed up on their tows. Give it until Sunday, people, no one calls in on Sunday, they'll finally catch up the backlog! :-)

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is really hot today and my office A/C is dead :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Pulled out my lower back or something when I slipped on the ice. Now it hurts like all the damn time.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Finding out that I have just under twelve hours to get stuff together for an 8-9 hour car trip for a funeral where stuff starts at 4 pm tomorrow. Discovering that medicine I take daily will run out this weekend before I get back, and that the pharmacy where I get it doesn't have it all in stock now. Naturally there's not time to order it and have it to me before I leave, so now I have to desperately hunt down a different one that does, get them to transfer the prescription from the usual one all while trying to pack and find nice ish dark clothes that will fit over my knee. It's been over two weeks, but it can still swell up to the size of a grapefruit when it gets angry at me, and being in a car for that long is going to make it angry.
  • I'm really not all that angry about it, but this seems the best thread for it:

[spoiler]
    Sent By: Bigbenson on 1/09/2014/21:25
    Seriously, pull your head out of Moirean's ass and stop whiteknighting for her. She could say 2 + 2 = 5 and you'd sit there and defend her until your dying day. She aint gonna give up her old fatass stank nasty vagina to you anyway! PS Dem Carnifex tho.
    [/spoiler]

Stay classy, Aetolian playerbase. Stay classy.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Feeling so unicorning unmotivated lately.
    SolariaAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    So...the family coerced me to participate in a 10k.

Im gonna die.
    My poor legs are going to collapse underneath me and its going to be slow motion like a battle scene from a war movie.  I am nervous.  I wont lie.
    Piper
  • I am ONE CLASS away from finally having my AA degree.
    Admittedly, I don't -need- the degree for anything other than personal achievement purposes, and sure it might help me get a job somewhere down the road if I move/this company dies/etc.

There are very few classes that are cheap enough that I can afford (3 credits or less, I only need 2) and are at times I can actually attend (aka: not during the work day) and actually apply (I need a science class). I signed up for THE ONLY CLASS that fit my requirements and wasn't an online class. I am HORRIBLE at self study. I manage my time like a pile of sugar-hyped toddles. Sadly, I found this out the hard way when I previously tried to get this one-last-requirement out of the way and failed miserably.

The ragey part:
    I get to the first day of class. Low and behold, I managed to sign up for the last existing telecourse our college offers -the teacher even remarked that this is not noted anywhere in the course catalog). Basically it's one step from an online class, only I have a stack of DVDs to watch instead of going online and streaming videos.... *sigh*

Here's hoping I don't fail?

• @Toz wouldn't worry about it too much, just seems to be classic case of idiocy. People like this should actually try to gain some information before creating an alt solely for the purpose of trying to grief you. They either A) need to get a job to keep themselves busy or B) Collect stamps.
    PerilunaAarbrokAryanneArbre
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Stamp collection is lucrative!

That being said I completely agree with @Exayne .
    People like that clearly have nothing better to do with their own insecurity that they must lash out behind a wall at someone to make themselves feel better.  Immaturity is a hundred percent preventable.

I know when I was going through hard times I lashed out at people as well, you learn to overcome and apologize for your mistakes.  Lets hope this person has enough sense to do the same.
  • Not sure if this is Ankyrean Anguish or here, but I figure mostly OOC related: The fact that I had a crappy day at work. A loooong crappy day at work. That turned into a non-stop twelve hour shift. (Yes that's right. No breaks for Ferrik. Barely food too! Yaaaay). Then I finally come home.. and find out I missed the little Spirean party.

Ah well! How about that crocodile class people!

Aarbrok