Suicide bombing

ArbreArbre Arbrelina JolieBraavos
edited January 2014 in Roleplay Logs
A cold wave of energy washes over your form, caressing your skin like a frigid northern breeze. "It's time to repay Me," comes a voice within the back of your mind that is firm in the way it delicately emphasizes each word. "Leave this conversation."

You have emoted: Arbre blinks, a bit startled, but relaxes swiftly, rolling her eyes broadly. "You are not my God," she says in clear irritation, looking away from Ferrik, "And I have yet to do what You tell me to. I am quite done dealing with Your Divine bullshit."

"Oh oh!" Ferrik waves a claw up high in excitement. "Yes, one of the very few softskins I ever interacted with taught me." he solemnly explains, recollecting, "..he was a blind man, but he could play the piano like none other! His music drew me in. And then h--" jaws clamp shut with a dull chomp. He blinks, eyes widened as he stares about the tavern, dropping down to all fours, "WHO'S THERE!?" he bellows, before following up in a higher, "Can I eat him?"

An agonized scream startles all into a brief hushed silence as Lianca finally transcends the mortal body, assuming the hollow form of a Tekal.

A low chuckle resounds just behind your ears. "We could do it this way," it notes, almost fondly. "Or we could do it a bit more... difficultly. Your decision, really."

You have emoted: "Or we could, you know, not do it at all," Arbre replies sarcastically, looking back to Ferrik. "Relax dear," she says to him kindly, "I hurt poor Lord Slyphe's feelings and He keeps trying to get back at me."

"Oh." Ferrik mutters in something that could be disappointment as he turns his snout up to sniff the air. "The watery fellow, right?" he inquires, seeking confirmation. "Is he just ah.. splashing about a bit or is causing huge waves for you?" he follows up with of concern noticed in his brow ridges.

"Hurt My feelings?" comes a voice almost hurt in the way it poses the question. "No no My dear, you told Me you would do something to have that muzzle removed - it is time."

You have emoted: Arbre rolls her eyes once again. "That something is groinrip You, Lord," she replies, "You have plenty of servants, You can get your kicks with them."

Moirean arrives from the down.
The door to the down slams shut.

Moirean gives a battered iron cup to you.
Moirean gives a battered iron cup to Ferrik.
Moirean gives a battered iron cup to Nikolai.

Moirean leaves to the northwest.

You tell Moirean Seirath, Champion of Balls, "Thank you. More bullshit from you-know-Who is about to happen."

A searing pain begins to envelop your throat, like liquid fire being swallowed. Slowly but surely this painful, agonizing sensation begins to trail its way down your esophagus towards your stomach to linger almost dreadfully there.

Moirean tells you, "Which Who? The wet one?"

Ferrik lunges and snaps his jaws at empty air, hissing vehemently at his surroundings. "Just a drop on a hot plate!" he utters after several moments.

You tell Moirean Seirath, Champion of Balls, "Yes!"

Moirean tells you, "Ugh."

You have emoted: Arbre closes her eyes tightly, struggling and failing not to cringe at apparent pain as she reaches up, dropping her cigarette heedlessly and grasping her throat with both hands.

"Try to drown him out!" Ferrik hisses to you in encouragement, balling up a claw in exertion.

Ferrik wrinkles his snout and sniffs, trundling closer to you as he tries peek around you.

In but a few short moments the pain spreads through the rest of your appendages, this burning sensation seeming to make itself quite comfortable within the confines of your body. It takes only a few moments to realize that shortly, it isn't quite you in control of your body any more.

You have emoted: Arbre releases a quick gasp of breath as she turns her gaze back to Ferrik. "It's fine," she grunts with a cough. "I'm okay."

You aren't wielding anything in either hand.
You are holding:
[a lot of stuff, but suddenly most notably...]
"explosive193229"        a densely-packed explosive.

You tell Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra, "I need a word."

You are being possessed and cannot do that.

Moirean tells you, "If you need my help with Him, let me know. It seems my efforts are not really effective, though. He laughed off the war."

You tell Moirean Seirath, Champion of Balls, "It's fine. I'll be alright."

Ashmer tells you, "We are dearly tempted to ask which word you require, but we will spare you our ragged excuse for wit."

You tell Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra, "I have some information you may want that could cripple the Sea God. I would like to talk with you and the congregation, somewhere safe where He will not hear us."

"Was He.. angling to hurt you?" Ferrik queries thoughtfully, "I mean.." huffs in a forced chuckle, "..it looked like there was SOMETHING fishy going on here." he clarifies.

Moirean tells you, "You sound..."

Moirean tells you, "Are you sure you are feeling well?"

You have emoted: "Probably not," Arbre replies with a ragged exhalation of breath. "Just His stupid games."

You tell Moirean Seirath, Champion of Balls, "Stomach pains is all."

Ashmer tells you, "There is no place that can truly escape the attentions of a God, Aquila. It is simply better not to utter His name, and find a place where we can escape others' notice for a time."

You tell Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra, "Where? Meet me at North of Trees, I will follow from there."

You say to Ferrik, "Business to attend to."

You nod your head at Ferrik.

"Hey ah, mister watery fellow!" Ferrik pipes up, canting his head. "You two here don't seem to be going on very swimmingly." he remarks with stern expression, "So ah, You ought to just leave her alone." he hesitantly concludes.

Ferrik nods his head at you.

[movement]

Ashmer tells you, "We await you. Conceal your identity."

[ Defence - chameleon ]
You take on the likeness of Truft.

[movement]

North of Trees. (road) (Prelatorian Highway.) (1) [-Slyphe-]
A thunderstorm rages in the heavens, and rain blasts down all around you. The great highway stretches north and southeast across the land, while a smaller, more poorly kept road connects to it from the southwest. This road is the link through the Morgun Forest and beyond into the Savannah, Dakhota hills, and finally the formidable desert. A frequent rendezvous place, the highway margins are trampled and the grasses flattened by the many beings that meet here. Debris often litters the place until blown away by the gusty winds. Oddly enough, the grass here has taken on a sickly tinge, and pools of foul-smelling slime have formed in the hollows of the earth. A small wooden sign is here. A dirty bird has made some dirty droppings here. A carved wooden sign has been pounded into the ground. Holding his own head between his hands, a statue of a decapitated man slumps here. A starry-bodied mountain screamer blends silently into the shadows. Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra is here, hidden. He is riding on a decrepit desert camel. He wields a thin ceremonial athame in his left hand and a tower shield in his right.
You see exits leading north, southeast, south, southwest, and in (open pine door).

You nod your head at Ashmer.

You begin to follow Ashmer.

You follow Ashmer to the south.
Northern eaves of the Morgun Forest. (Morgun Forest.) (759) [-Slyphe-]
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. A young and spry pine tree wanders about here. A tiny pine sapling is trying hard to look menacing. The sapling of a willow sways here, nearly falling over with each motion. A handsome nayar wanders about here, playing his lute.
You see exits leading north, east, south, west, and northwest (closed pine door).

You say to Ashmer, "Perhaps Her temple? He would not step inside it."

In a soft, rattling hiss, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "There is a place beyond this plane, but it will a painful journey for you."

Arching a brow, you say, "Will the rest of the Order be joining you? I want them all to hear what I have to say. Equal leverage, so to speak."

With a shake of his crested head, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "The Keeper will not hear your words, and the only other awake is otherwise occupied."

You have emoted: Arbre's arms cross over her chest as she regards the surrounding locale. "The Congregation then," she muses. "I want others to hear this, for the sake of everybody involved. Glory is on its way." Her gaze cranes northwards. "Her temple should be safe enough - I do not care for other planes. Makes me dizzy."

The ghost of a smirk passes fleetingly over Ashmer's lips.

[enter Angwe and PKing]

Angwe throws up his arms and shouts, "Baby!"

Flatly, you ask Angwe, "Is there not a better time for this?"

Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "A shovel."

You say to Ashmer, "I don't have one."

You set to work, digging furiously, but unfortunately, your effort is for naught.

You have emoted: "Quite the popular one," Arbre remarks dryly to Ashmer.

Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says, "Truly."

A beam of prismatic light suddenly shoots into the room.

[PK]

You tell Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "If you are going to fight him, could you at least not run so that we can carry on with our business?"

Angwe tells you, "I'm not fighting him and Mazzion in there."

You tell Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "So you will let us go for now?"

Angwe tells you, "You wanna die, too?"

[Ashmer earthmelds]

You tell Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "Considering I am the Maelstrom currently inhabiting Arbre's form, I would suggest you watch your tone with Me. I have plans for Ashmer that you are interrupting. Cease your assault for now and speak not a word of it."

Angwe quietly clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

Angwe peers at you suspiciously.

Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh laughingly says, "Yeah, like I believe that!"
The celestial mountain screamer, Ruush-ka's fur puffs up in aggression and he growls protectively.

Slyphe appears out of thin air.

You say to Angwe, "Leave."

You tell Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "Speak not a word of this lest you ruin My chance."

Angwe holds a stare with you for a long, uninterrupted moment before turning to Slyphe. "Fine," he growls.

You tell Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra, "Ahem. He will not be bothering us now."

Prideleader Angwe Arcan, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "When You're done..."

You nod your head emphatically.

[movement]

You begin to follow Ashmer.

Brushing herself off irritably, you say, "Pissant."

Tilting her head curiously, you ask, "To Her temple, then?"

[movement]

You follow Ashmer to the north.
The throne room. (Isle of Despair.) (27126) [-Chakrasul-]
A ringing cacophony fills the air, centered on a filigree obsidian stand and the fluted basin captured within its clawed arms. A massive ogre lies twisted on the ground, having taken its final raspy breath. A dead orc archer lies here atop his broken bow. An orc soldier lies at your feet, dead and bloody from the battle. The Throne of Corruption stands here, its obsidian magnificence a shadowed praise to the Dark Lady. A macabre tapestry hangs contemptuously here, depicting Slyphe, the Maelstrom in chains. A cluster of chakra blossoms rests at the foot of Corruption's Throne, a single petal withered.
 A shrine to Chakrasul is here.
You see exits leading north and south (open pine door).
As Ashmer nears the throne, the serpents etched upon it briefly come alive to regard Ashmer ponderously.

Ashmer moves over to block the south exit.

In an edged hiss, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, in Djeri, "Tell us."

You have emoted: Arbre's posture eases just slightly as she steps into the throne room, a content nod ensuing. "There must be others," she instructs succinctly as her gaze sweeps the throne once before turning to level upon Ashmer. "It will be useful, but not so easy to believe. I want them to hear it from my mouth or none."

With a shake of his crested head, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says, "We will hear your words, Aquila. It will not be possible to summon the Congregation. The Mistress will hear the truth of them."
The celestial mountain screamer, Ruush-ka lifts his head and releases an earshattering feline scream.

You have emoted: "Ashmer, you will -want- to hear this," Arbre emphasizes again, her arms crossing over her chest. "I want two witnesses, others." If she is going to budge beyond this statement, her posture and inflection certainly do not provide any hint of it.

Nodding once, you say, "Catty will suffice as one."

In a soft hiss, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "We will bring your witnesses, Aquila. Do remain still, a moment."
The celestial mountain screamer, Ruush-ka lifts his head and releases an earshattering feline scream.

The protective shield around Ashmer dissipates.
Ashmer slashes at your chest with a powerful stroke.
He connects painfully and the resultant wound begins to bleed profusely.
You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
Ashmer reaches over to you with a phial and steals some blood.
Ashmer spills the contents of a phial across the blade of his scythe and paints foul runes across the surface.

Briefly, Ashmer traces the runic name now etched into a gruesome crescent scythe's dully-glinting blade with one black nail.

Curiosity showing upon her countenance, you ask, "Why the blood?"

The long, smooth handle of this beautifully crafted scythe has been carved from a deep black wood and intricately painted with a series of runes. The rich grain of the wood is accentuated by the thin red lines of the runes, and the neck of the weapon firmly attaches to a crescent steel blade.
The blade has been delicately etched with the name of Arbre in a spidery script.

Her lips curling up into a grin, you say, "Besides the fact that Mother tends to love Her blood."

Catty enters from the south, riding a midnight black stallion.
As Catty enters the throneroom, one of the steel serpents on the throne's arm rests shimmers and comes to life. With a hiss of annoyance, it slithers towards Catty, fangs poised to strike.

Catty bows her head respectfully.

You nod your head at Catty.

You ask Ashmer, "I trust one more is on their way?"

A matter-of-fact tone flattening his quiet hiss, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "If we find your words fall short, we intend to see more of it."

With a tilt of his crested head, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to Duchess Catty D'baen, "Consul, welcome. Block the northern exit, if you would."

Catty moves over to block the north exit.

You have emoted: Arbre's grin widens as she shakes her head. "Oh, they certainly will not fall short," she almost eagerly states. "Mother will -smile- upon me for this," she notes with a quick nod.

Ichorous blood flies from Ashmer's glistening black teeth as he takes a single step forward. His collapsed chest hunches, and a chorus of screaming voices issue from his thin lips in a deafening howl, "THEN HAVE SOME RESPECT, AQUILA!"

Wiping his lips with the sleeve of his long coat, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says, "You will have your second witness. Have patience."

Adopting a slow pace as she seems to ignore the outburst from Ashmer, you say, "I have been tailing His followers lately, who revealed to me a nice secret about His grotto. A weakness, even."

Ashmer's head cants to one side, and he listens quietly, the ravenous rage that had previously twisted his long-featured face gone entirely.

Catty frowns, crossing her arms over her chest as she glances between the two of you, "I do wonder, what is this about exactly? As I was one of His for a hundred and fifty years."

You have emoted: "But I suppose that will wait," Arbre almost coos in response, a grin once more gracing itself upon her countenance. "Patience, yes?"

You say to Catty, "His antics have gone too far. The idiot Rashar seeks to lead His against Mother repeatedly, like a fly lingering around a corpse - it does no use to either, but still sees fit to remain annoyingly nearby."

Duchess Catty D'baen says, "Yes, I know if His antics and what He has done, along with a good note of who was with Him when I left."

Akirash enters from the south, riding a donkey.
As Akirash enters the throneroom, the steel serpents upon the throne briefly shimmer into life to hiss warningly.

Wagging a finger, you say, "Oh, but this is better. The Lord has been working upon that Grotto, stashing interesting bits of information therein."

An edge sharpening his layered rasp, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to you, "We will hear your words."

Duchess Catty D'baen says to you, "He always has, that is nothing new."

Restlessly, Ashmer stalks to one side, his bare, clawed feet silent on the dusty floor.

Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says to Grand Duke Akirash, Harbinger of Despair, "Block the southern exit."

Ashmer inclines his head politely to Akirash.

Catty bows her head respectfully at Akirash.

You have emoted: Arbre steps forward, her hands falling to her sides just before she clears her throat. "He is terribly mad about that tapestry," she notes, tone adopting one almost business-like. "He intends to utilize something from the Grotto to exact revenge until She removes it."

What is it you wish to light?

With a twist of his thin lips, Nihilus Ashmer Ras'valyra says, "We are pleased he appreciates our creation."

You say, "Oh, but He doesn't."

You smile wryly.

Her fingers idly tapping the top of her thigh as her lips push into a pensive purse, you say, "This... revenge of His. It is new. Certainly  not like anything I have yet seen."

Ashmer urges you onward.

You have emoted: "For somebody that urged patience, you sure seem to have little," Arbre wryly notes as she withdraws a small clay brick. "This," she declares. "Is the beginning of it."

You deftly light the fuse affixed to the explosive, a bright spark emitted as the flame begins to burn down the fuse's length.

For a moment it's as if everything around you comes to a stop as the spark consumes the last of the fuse attached to the tightly-packed explosive. What follows next; however, happens much faster: a blinding flash bursts into existence from the small device as a fiery conflagration blooms into life that consumes all around it. It takes only seconds for your flesh to burn completely off of your bones before an almost euphoric nothingness engulfs your mind as you slip into death.
You have been slain by a densely-packed explosive.
Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 12333566]
The Hall of the Underking.
 There are no obvious exits.

[death]

Precarious peak in the hills. (lost) (Dry Plains.) (5257)
The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth.
You see a single exit leading east.

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "Thank you My puppet. You have served your purpose."

Slyphe, the Maelstrom has bestowed a hidden divine blessing upon you. It will last for 10 days and will not be visible by others.

MoireanPiperOmei

Comments

• Sheesh @Angwe, can't let a guy try and possess somebody to commit mass murder without jumping to kill!

MoireanPiper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Very interesting! Slyphe's emotes were pretty awesome throughout this, and Ferrik was adorable at the start. Poor Arbre - I saw a bit of backlash from the end of this, and I feel pretty bad for the mess she's in right now. The Slyphe/Chak conflict is quite interesting to watch.
    XeniaJasline
  • Wow, -this- is the sort of RP that I dream about. Interesting read, this conflict between the two orders is really interesting to see unfold. This is what Holy Wars should be like. 

KatsziaPiper
  • Ahh so this is what was going on! I had no clue srs bizniz was going on! Nice to see the other side of the coin here, I really like the nefarious plot at work there. Quite dark for one supposedly 'good' and I'm not saying that's a bad thing! (gogo zealots cry in three two one)

Aherm. I apologize for my emotes, somehow English was failing me a bit and I missed a word here and there.

• No need to apologize, if I didn't feel bad for already robbing Arbre of her commands for a little while I would have squee'd at the opportunity to finally get to have a reason to emote at @Ferrik.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I was giggling and/or facepalming the whole time.  It was like sitting back and reading a soap opera you're involved in.
    Xenia
  • edited January 2014
    Awesome log, and very well played by all parts. My favorite moment is Ashmer hissing for Arbre to "SHOW RESPECT" - I immediately saw it in the form of some old Disney cartoon.

Thank you for not posting the part where I failed to use my command separator correctly.

i am rapture coder
    AngweSlyphe
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Omei You almost got me in trouble, actually, for giving me Aquila back.  Carnis aren't allowed to have last names until they're full Knights.  >.>  They seem to have accepted that Arbre unicorning Aquila does what she wants, though.
  • NOT ALL OF US!