Mudlet Mapper

So, rather than continuing to derail the Short Questions thread, I figured it wouldn't hurt to create a new one in regards to the Mudlet mapper!

So far I'm absolutely loving the concept of not really having to update the mapper  in as much of a vein as you do with mudbot. It's also neat that it uses the Aetolian vnums, because that'll make sharing stuff much easier.

The biggest thing that I miss; however, is mudbot's scent/thirdeye/farsee/deathsight/etc recognition and association with a vnum to go to. To all you Mudlet wizards out there, is that possible somehow with Mudlet?

Also, my map when it shows up looks like more of a blurry mix of random colors than anything even slightly resembling a map. Is there a way to toggle the output appearance?

Use this thread to ask/answer Mudlet mapper related questions!
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited January 2013
    How to get pretty vnums on deathsight/sense/etc.:

Just the name of a room: "^The waterfall shimmers, a vision of '(.+)' rising to the forefront\.$"
    mmp.roomEcho(matches[2])

The name of a room and area: "^You detect (\w+)'s presence at (.+) in (.+)\.$"
    mmp.locateAndEcho(matches[4], matches[3])

These functions will append pre-formatted echoes to the end of the trigger line with the relevant information. As for environment colors on the map, I'm not really sure. I hate the graphical map so much that I'm writing my own map display!

Edit: Oops! Second trigger line used the wrong results from matches[]. My bad!
    AmaraDasha