Artifact ideas

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I would be ok with that if only because it's named after Dask. Lol.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

JensenRiluoAarbrok
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

*The Dice of Fate*

Description: The Wheel of Fate's little brother. Portable, obviously, and can only be rolled X times per Achaean Day or Month (depending on how awesome the results are)
    Possible Outcomes:
    - Gain/Lose EXP
    - Instant Death
    - Get followed around by a little humgii bastard for an hour
    - A/Multiple Random Afflictions (Could be amusing if there was a hard lock!)
    - Various Buffs/Debuffs, such as
      - +5% damage/-5% damage
      - +5% resistance/-5% resistance to a type of damage (random)
      - +2%/-2% critical hit chance
      - A boon that would cure a random affliction at a certain non-imbalancing interval (say 1 every 15 seconds?) with a 15 minute duration?

Ideally there would only be one set of dice. Maybe a lot of work for a single artifact, but a cool one none-the-less.

*a glob of bright red gunk*

APPLY GUNK will grant you the FIREBLOCK defence. 5 applications per howling, refills itself each howling. Cannot be used by the Undead, as it will actually set them on fire when applied.

*a suspicious looking banana peel*

WAVING the banana peel will cause the ground to be littered with slippery banana peels for 5 minutes, resulting in all movement out of the affected room to have a 75% chance of causing the person trying to exit incur a 2 second balance loss and having them fall prone. All movement into the room will always result in the unsuspecting chump to slip and fall. If a mount is being ridden, the mount will slip and fall, throwing its rider to the ground.

*a miniature sharknado*

A ridiculous(ly awesome!) looking minipet.

*a bright brass telescope*

Upon PEERing through the telescope, it doubles the effect of the current constellation on you for 1 hour once per Howling.

AngweOmei
  • Demarcus said:

*a suspicious looking banana peel*

WAVING the banana peel will cause the ground to be littered with slippery banana peels for 5 minutes, resulting in all movement out of the affected room to have a 75% chance of causing the person trying to exit incur a 2 second balance loss and having them fall prone. All movement into the room will always result in the unsuspecting chump to slip and fall. If a mount is being ridden, the mount will slip and fall, throwing its rider to the ground.

Yesss.

i am rapture coder
    AarbrokDemarcus
  • edited December 2013
    Demarcus said:

Achaean

• SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Portable oven. I would love to not have to find a kitchen when I need to make my muffins and I don't have the credits for a house yet.
    Infin
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Azton said:
    Demarcus said:

Achaean

Must be hatin' on the 'nana peels? Jesters meet snow globe of Spinesreach! Bwahahaha!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    @sessizlik You can use a furniture-crafted fireplace as well, which is nice, but those can't be moved around either. A portable campfire for cooking would be great!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    If that went in, house ovens should be reduced in price. 

You can use Sentinel campfires for cooking, btw. I used to just chill in the crafting office with a campfire, buying ingredients and autocooking (oh, the days when you had to put items into pots and could only cook one at a time, *shudder*).
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I usually pop a firepit in numerous places so people can cook. I think we've got about three of them and two fireplaces/hearths, right now. Can cook with them and they serve to make great props for warming fingers and toes in the cold. Highly recommend this option since it gives furniture crafters something to do! :)

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    edited December 2013
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2126
    Date: 5/10/2013 at 12:39
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Minor crafting changes, and a few Artifacts

Hey! I'll be brief, nothing -too- exciting but a few nifty artifacts,
    and some more functionality added when using tags.

* DESIGN TAGS will show you a list of any tags used in your designs.

* You can now SEW OUTFIT <tag>, CARVE SET <tag> or CONSTRUCT FURNISHINGS
    <tag> to craft multiple items (sharing the one tag) in a single command.
    It will use the same amount of components, and have the same chance to
    produce extra items if you own an artifact of the appropriate type.

* You can now UPTURN <item> [INTO <container>]

* We are now selling artifact dyekits with infinite uses for 200cr.

* We are now selling artifact kegs for 25 cr. Can store drinks and
    alcohol. Be sure to price these per sip, rather than refill.

* Owners of the crafting gnome can now MASS PRODUCE <tag> [IN PACKAGE].
    It will follow all the regular rules of crafting, save for cooking
    rules. Obviously, the gnome has a stove in its belly. If you so choose,
    all your items will be placed in a neat, convenient (albeit rather
    flimsy) package for storing or transport

So can't you use the gnome to cook, or am I reading it wrong?

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    only for mass producing (which is still one item at a time by tag, so if you need to cook 5 cookies, you have to tag it with something and massproduce it 5 times)
    Eh still seems pretty good. Balance stacks for multiple items being made anyways, so just make a quick script? 
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I now love my crafting gnome more than ever! <3 Our admins are the best!
    It kinda is a bit sucky for those of us who invested in ovens for our houses. They cost the same as a crafting gnome and do all of one thing. :/
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    This might be a bad idea, as I don't know how severe the combat implications are, but something to make Shaman boosting last longer.  This is a constant annoyance in bashing.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2013
    Iron Shod Sandals

Increases kick damage from both fisticuffs and tekura. Does not stack with knuckles (either increased punch damage OR increased kick damage).

[as an aside - can anyone tell me why they never did introduce a kick damage artifact? Afaik, tekura is the only skillset you can boost only partial damage of so obviously]

Mark of the Tekuran Master

Having this item/power allows the bearer to grade belts and perform kata up to their current belt rank, regardless of their active class.

Angelic Anchor

Having this item/power allows those with the luminary profession to ANGEL SUMMON, regardless of their active class. Acts like a minipet, with due restrictions.

Edit - the mark and anchor should probably be coin artifacts, imo.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Infin
  • I think it's because AXK is strong as is. I don't think an extra 5% tacked on to a 1.6k kick is quite the same as 5% of a 400 damage punch.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Arbre said:
    This might be a bad idea, as I don't know how severe the combat implications are, but something to make Shaman boosting last longer.  This is a constant annoyance in bashing.
    Yeah an artifact for this might be nice.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hahaha that banana peel thing would be SUPER OP for monks. Could just bbt anyone who tries to leave.
    Demarcus
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    For the purpose of guild advancement, I would liaison the being able to grade kata regardless of current class just so it doesn't slow down advancement.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

SlypheOleis
  • I'd like to see an artifact that let you illusion remotely at someone. Maybe with some sort of cool down like it could only be done once per hour or something. 

Moirean
    This already exists via mind hallucinate and it's proven to be really cool for RP, so I don't think it'd be too nuts to have an artifact along the same lines.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    A Geologist's Handbook

Allows the owner to PRIORITIZE <rock> - when harvesting stones, you have a higher chance to select the rock you've prioritized. Works similarly to the whirring goggles.

A small rock hammer

Increases yield from harvested rocks, also halves crush balance if wielded while crushing. Maybe grants a flavor message to the act?

Carefully striking ($rock) with a small rock hammer, you extract x inks.

An overstuffed pillow (What. That's a viable artifact item.)

Once per howling, allows you to DESTROY PILLOW, spawning a small stack of feathers that can be used as normally acquired eagles feathers are.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    ArbreTeaniDaskalosInfinErzsebet
    I'd snap these up, but they'd probably end up being priced similar to the other crafting artifacts. 400 credits = way too much for merchantry boons. :(
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I would kill for the crafting artifacts to be reduced in price, and then I'd buy ALL of them. As it is, anything that can be bought with credits for crafting purposes usually is too expensive to be worth it.
    They aren't that appealing anymore anyways since you can't use them with crafting shelves.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I kind of don't bother with crafting shelves since there's certain designs I have that make use of things that either don't go in caches, decay (like corpses), or are quest items, and I'm not sure you can stick anything other than designs on crafting shelves.
  • edited January 2014
    ^ the sarcophagus talisman exists as a cache for corpses

The number one thing I want, and I know it has been asked for like a billion times, is a "permanence," rune for weapons and armour that you attach to stop them decaying. 
  • Unfortunately, such a rune is probably not going to happen. A few years back the admin implemented forging in its current incarnation and along with it eliminated old-style artifact weapons that didn't decay and the ability to repair decaying weapons/armor/shields and add more time to them.

• I get they wanted forgers to have more long term relevance instead of being a one-off type deal but it has reached the point if Toz ever disappears I'm going to need to learn the trade and buy the hammer myself to get the items I want. I'd rather just pay credits to avoid that eventuality.

Otherwise armour runes might be cool but I'm not sure how you'd go balancing something like that.