Artifact ideas

Comments

• Amulet of the Moon Moon would turn you into a Bahkatu technically.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArekaMoireanIosyne
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Amulet of the Moon Moon - Empowers the user to Moon everyone on the same plane at one time, and causes a toxic gas in each location a person is found!  heh
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited December 2013
    Damn it, Moon Moon. Quit spamming this thread with junk.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Moirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited December 2013
    Oh, totally forgot this thread existed. Just gonna copy my other post over:

Ezalor said:
    Would be nice if the artifact coffin allowed vampires to entomb in any class, but only upon death. Would give a reason for many people to buy it.

Arbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    The Predator's Pendant!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Saybre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

tattooslot - 100cr each, gives you an 'overage' of 1 tattoo spot. Cannot be used for a tattoo already inked somewhere on your body (so you can get 1 of each, but not 20 shields for instance).

A druidic pot - let's you mix as big a batch of elixirs as you wish.

An Ironbeard Idol - touch this, once per Aet day, and your drunkenness will be gone!

Stonehands - doubles the amount of inks each crushed rock produces.

Dominion Crystal - let us refine and fold in -any- class, so we can use it 24/7.

Tuning fork - vibes and rites last twice as long.

An emberite remnant - when touched, refills devotion and spark fully (create a necro  counterpart? Devotion regeneration is still a big problem)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanAngwe
    I'd... rather the Luminary resource issue be addressed in a liaison round rather than as a bandaid artifact.
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I... tried that. And got a rite that takes multiple people to do to minor refill while Necromancers still get to eat hearts. :( In big, long battles, it's very possible to chew through devotion and then you have to wait for it to refill naturally. It's a big imbalance, but already went the liaison route in the past... (rite of dawn gives devotion if you perform it with enough people, but... it's not like a heart you just eat)

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Daskalos or @Haven cant you Liaison a report in which you get the Necromancer ability but in the form of devotion.  Like with a dead body you grasp the spark within and consume it, in which it gives you devotion??  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Dominion crystal change to work in any class would be lovely. So would that tattooslot.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

Moon Moon gets it....
    HavenPeriluna
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    I know this has been mentioned before... but it is worth repeating.

Sacrificial daggers. They were created to make it easier to sacrifice corpses while bashing so you didn't have to run to a shrine so often. With the introduction to linked shrines, it's no longer viable to use, especially if you wish to help your city gain ylem. Now if you want to help your city, you have to run to a linked shrine to offer, thus negating the artifact's purpose.

Please consider allowing sacrificial daggers to be attuned to linked shrines, have them work the same as if the owner went to the linked shrine. It would increase demand for the daggers and still allow those who have them to use them.

AarbrokMacavityMoireanAishia
    Honestly, I'd be happy if the Devotion resource just got the axe and our skill costs were re-evaluated so the resources managed would be two instead of three but the Daru share a skillset I believe so it may be more of a headache than it's worth to take that approach.

If the Luminaries must keep all 3 resources, I'd like it if CONSUME FLAME just replenished Devotion for a fixed amount in the range of something like 10-15% or more. (I want to say the Necromancer equiv is like 15% per heart but it's been a long time since I played a Necromancer, so I'm not entirely sure.) This way they'll still be "resource heavy" but they won't have to wait ungodly hours just to be able to fight with the class again.
    havenbanner2
  • A water pot for concoctions, having it while harvesting will double the output of said harvest. So when you harvest 50 moss, you actually get 100.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    There's already gloves of harvesting for concoctionists. Rather than introducing new artifacts, why not simply upgrade the gloves (if people really need more plants when harvesting).
  • The gloves double that harvesting amount per day, not the actual harvested amount.  When I was Sentinel, I could harvest 7500 a day with the gloves. imp harvest and sentinel. But had to spend time going ot each room only able to get 50 of each plant per room. This would essential act like the scalpel as where it just doubles the plant. Giving a bonus to the harvest.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    An artifact planter. Doesn't decay and self-waters. I like the concept of these new planter/pot things, but my interest was entirely killed when I realized that they basically need you to monitor them every half hour for water levels, even after the plants are grown. Give us a cheap-o artifact that we can dunk into a house (50 credits?) to handle the tedious part for us.
    RiluoPhoeneciaAarbrok
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Saybre said:

Amulet of the Moon: - Allows the wearer to shape-shift regardless of class, however does not grant Lycanthrope powers/abilities beyond LANGUAGES - Requires Transcendent Lycanthropy. (Though Lycan revamps might allow something like this kinda-sorta..?) I just want to Were-wolf Templar! RAWRRR.

Ha Ha. ;)

Keep bringing the ideas, guys. While I can't always promise your ideas will be implemented, this thread is the first place I check when trying to come up with new artifacts.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Higher level versions of the target dummy (increasing the chance of avoiding mob webs).
    Daskalos
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    - Larger display cases/storage chests (especially for all of these spare chest set pieces to cut down on inventory spam)/safety deposit boxes/safes

- another little gnomey thing/power that lets you deal with your personal bank account when not at the bank (not forcable)

- a special whistle that will summon a horde of wenches

- a beer hat you can put your vials in

- a thing

- an errand boy that you could save locations/wares to, maybe upgrade-able for longer lists, to have them go fetch things. Could use funds from bankaccount or funds you give it?
    ERRAND SET AGENDA (name - a tag!)
    ERRAND SET (agenda) LOCATION (vnum)
    ERRAND SET (agenda) ITEM (itemnum)
    ERRAND BUY 5 (agenda)
    -> would send your little fella off to that vnum and buy that amount if it is in stock, if it isn't in stock, it would run back and tell you they couldn't fulfill your order? 

- That other thing
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Areka said:
    - a thing

- That other thing
    Are you drunk?
    No :(
  • Why not?

Tyrai
    Arbre
  • Areka said:

- a special whistle that will summon a horde of wenches

- a beer hat you can put your vials in

- a thing

- an errand boy that you could save locations/wares to, maybe upgrade-able for longer lists, to have them go fetch things. Could use funds from bankaccount or funds you give it?
    ERRAND SET AGENDA (name - a tag!)
    ERRAND SET (agenda) LOCATION (vnum)
    ERRAND SET (agenda) ITEM (itemnum)
    ERRAND BUY 5 (agenda)
    -> would send your little fella off to that vnum and buy that amount if it is in stock, if it isn't in stock, it would run back and tell you they couldn't fulfill your order? 

- That other thing
    I want all of these
    Especially the things!
  • [quote]- a beer hat you can put your vials in[/quote]

I always imagined (silly though it is) that per the way Aet combat works, vials would all have to be basically beer hats with straws.

Think about it, you can sip/eat while paralyzed or with broken limbs. The only possible reasoning, is that you have straws.

- Springy Boots of Bounciness of Bounciness
     - Allows you to JUMP and JUMP TREES
      - This takes you into the sky briefly (say 2 seconds) or directly into the trees (like swinging)

Would make it so I wouldn't have to fly (long balance/annoying) or tentacle. I'd just JUMP - PUNCH @DAINGEAN IN THE FACE - and fall back to the earth.

- Greedy Grabbers
      - Automatically picks up dropped gold from mobs and deposits it into your inventory. Delvian creation (Lil steampunk robot arm thing)
      - Also corpses?

- Change the Venatium Magnet to not have a timer please, I was excited when it was first introduced, but for those of us who use multiple weapons, in order to switch to another set, we'd have to buy -2- of them, which is crazy unsavory at its current price. For 600 credits I'd rather just buy ANOTHER level 2 rune instead for my 2-hander, or for other class weapons.
      I think this was almost a copy from either Imp or Lust? Where the timer portion doesn't exist.
      - If it was lowered to say..250cr and didn't have timer, but would permanently attach itself to a rune(s) it's assigned, I'd be 100% happy with that. I.e., it would just stay on my left L2 Rune of empowerment, so I grab it, and it grabs that rune and any others that were on that weapon. Then I'd happily buy 2 and be on my way.

- Artifact Fist Sigil/rune.
    - Artifact any enchantment item.

- Climber's Kit
      - Allows the owner to bypass time-based movement rooms (Scidve Chute, Tarean Ice Caverns, etc)

- Hand Crossbow of the Rogue
      - Highly inaccurate bow that does hardly any damage, but can fire arrows within the same room (cannot do outside the room, range is too terrible). Is WORN instead of wielded. Balance time of 3-4 seconds due to the reload time.

- Ankyrean Bellows
      - Allows you to PUMP IN and PUMP OUT the surrounding air. This can let you effectively steal DARKNESS or Toxic Gas/fumes.

- Cape of the Crusader
      - When you UNFURL the Cape, you are given either:
       1) the bravado defence, a resistance to disfigurement,
       2) Density (Boy you're dense!)
       3) Your in-room desc shows you in a constant heroic pose.
      ** Can only be used Once every 2 hours **

• Saybre said:

- Greedy Grabbers
      - Automatically picks up dropped gold from mobs and deposits it into your inventory. Delvian creation (Lil steampunk robot arm thing)
      - Also corpses?

This already exists. Vibrating Lodestone. It was an auction item. @Xavin has it.
  • Periluna said:
    Saybre said:

- Greedy Grabbers
      - Also corpses?

This already exists. Vibrating Lodestone. It was an auction item. @Xavin has it.
    It's an auction artifact. Also, buggy as heck.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Helm of Daskalos - Gives you all the arti buffs Dask is currently using if in game
    SetneEzalorInfinAxai
  • I want the hero cape complete with pose and whoosh noises when you move.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz