The Maelstrom and Whaleclaw

Backstory: The Carnifex are bored, Xenia especially, and they try to hatch up some sort of fun. As usual, xenia falls back on her go-to attempts and sends out Carnifex fireworks to several people from Enorian. None of the knights receive any responses and they soon move on to hatching new plans. She finds herself at the Keep, testing out stocks and is in the process of helping a young Spirean Citizen. 

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "You saw fit to deliver a firework as a joke towards My audience at the time, little mortal?"

Lanus runs in from the north, sandy fur splayed wildly.

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Oh.......hello Lord Slpyhe, a joke, hmm, well perhaps it was meant to be entertaining, I 

You beckon Lanus to you.

Lanus begins to follow you.

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "Your warhound enjoyed My joke just as much as I enjoyed yours."

The following creatures are in your entourage:
The following players are in your entourage:
Scavenger Lanus

You place your fingers to your mouth and blow a high-pitched whistle.
A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff bounds in, heeling by your side.

You can order your hounds to act again.

With a massive body, broad skull and squarelike head, this large canine seems to be covered from head to toe in purple, oozing blisters. Its body is large with great depth, but its skin clings tightly to its form as if the poor beast hadn't been fed in far too many days. Its fawn coat is colored black upon its muzzle, ears, nose, and around the eyes. He is called 'Whaleclaw.'
A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff looks weak and feeble.
He weighs about 250 pound(s).
He is loyal to Ser Xenia of the Steel.

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "This is....well I can't say he's been through worse, Lord. Can you say whether he will heal one day?"

With a massive body, broad skull and squarelike head, this large canine seems to be covered from head to toe in purple, oozing blisters. Its body is large with great depth, but its skin clings tightly to its form as if the poor beast hadn't been fed in far too many days. Its fawn coat is colored black upon its muzzle, ears, nose, and around the eyes. He is called 'Whaleclaw.'
A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff looks weak and feeble.
He weighs about 250 pound(s).
He is loyal to Ser Xenia of the Steel.

+ #72765 -------------------------- A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff +
| Name       : Whaleclaw            Owner    : Xenia                 |
| Sex        : Male                 Type     : Guardian              |
| Age        : 22 years old         Birthday : 18 Lleian 384         |
|------------------------------------------------------------- STATS |
| Health     : 15000/15000          Hunger   : Satiated              |
| Speed      : 270 (+15)            Ferocity : 240 (-15)             |
| Resilience : 255                  Mortality: Living                |
|--------------------------------------------------------- ABILITIES |
| First      : Bite                 Second   : Barrel                |
| Third      : -------              Fourth   : Intercept             |
+--------------------------------------------------------------------+

Your pipes have gone cold and dark.

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "Oh, I doubt that. He'll likely still function, just not quite as well. You may have to put him down. Shame."

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Put him down.....this hound has served me for years, surely there is a cure."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "Commander....."
H:5734 M:3012 E:29400 W:18900 XP:9% [csdb eb]

You tell Moirean Seirath, "I believe I have upset Lord Slyphe and I need some council."

You say to Lanus, "What did you need inked?"

Lanus tells you, "A shield."

You nod your head emphatically.

You gather together the inks that are needed in order to create the shield tattoo.

Lanus gives a green ink and a stack of 2 red inks to you.

Moirean tells you, "Yes. Sure. Not now. Soon."

As the shield tattoo's shape is codified, the last of the ink leaves the air, and you pause for a moment to admire your handiwork.

Lanus tells you, "Thank you."

You nod your head at Lanus.

The following members of the Carnifex are in the realm:
Member         Rank                          Position       Class
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moirean        Commander of the Shadow Keep  Guildmaster    Syssin
Satomi         Harbinger of Death            Secretary      Carnifex
Xenia          Harvester of Souls            Secretary      Carnifex

You tell High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst, "Ser....I need your help, please meet me in the Keep at the kennel masters."

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "Perhaps you should have considered that before employing childish means of entertainment, mortal."

Satomi tells you, "Very well."

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "So you didn't like the firework, Lord?"

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "It needed a touch more blue."

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "And less... well, less Carnifex. I'd do away with that part, perhaps replace it with 'Slyphe' in bold letters."

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "I will....see what I can do in future."

Satomi arrives from the north.
She is followed by a powerful mastiff.

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Yes, I think I could design such a firework."

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "If it pleases You."

You beckon Satomi to you.

The following creatures are in your entourage:
A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff#72765.
The following players are in your entourage:
Scavenger Lanus

Satomi begins to follow you.

You move about quickly and lose Scavenger Lanus.

Lanus springs north, sandy fur splayed wildly.

Kennels. (Tarea Mountains.)
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.  The yapping of hounds alerts you to the presence of a kennel. A murky darkness has settled in here.
You see a single exit leading northwest.

You have emoted: Xenia sighs and points to a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff.

Satomi raises an eyebrow questioningly.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "What the hell did you do?"

The Divine voice of Slyphe echoes in your head, "Mm, yes, sure. Do that and perhaps I will see to it that your hound is... cured."

You tell Slyphe, the Maelstrom, "Yes, Lord."

You say to Satomi, "I....sent him to deliver a firework to the wrong person...."

Satomi places the blade of her bardiche before Asimov, her Mastiff, as she eyes Whaleclaw.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Who? How?"

You say, "Apparently Lord Slyphe was there and well, he said that the firework could use more blue and less Carnifex, more Slyphe."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "You should let him rest in the Kennels, for now.. We will have to monitor his health."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Have you noticed any change in his physical capabilities?"

You have emoted: Looking a tad shaken, and more somber than usual, Xenia kneels down beside Whaleclaw, "I haven't but....Lord Slyphe said that likely I'd have to put him down, that being said, I believe there is a chance I can work something out with Him."

Satomi shakes her head.

A torrent of water floods into the surroundings, warping and forming into the wavering figure of Slyphe, the Maelstrom.

Satomi offers a partial bow towards Slyphe, "Lord."

Slyphe places His fingers to His lips before letting lose a shrill whistle.

Moirean swiftly gallops in from the northwest.

Moirean stares implacably at Slyphe.

Satomi gives Moirean a respectful salute.

You have emoted: From where she kneels beside a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff, Xenia glances up at Slyphe, bowing her head respectfully, she says, "Lord."

A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff's ears perk up at the sound of the whistle and as if hardly facing any physical limitations whatsoever strolls forward to place itself next to the Maelstrom.

You have emoted: Xenia scrambles quickly to her feet and offers Moirean a salute. "I....it was an accident."

Moirean's eyes dart upwards towards the ceiling, as if she could see the floor above somehow through the stonework, and then they focus on Slyphe, narrowing in sudden fury. "How DARE You come here," she hisses. "How DARE You come to where my daughter is, after You threatened her DEATH?!"

Slyphe reaches down to scratch the sickly-looking hound behind its ears, narrowly avoiding one of the puss-oozing blisters with His elongated digits. "Such a shame," He murmurs, voice taking on a higher pitch much like one would to an infant. "Yes your little knight friend almost blew up your mouth, yes she did!" He hardly seems to regard Moirean's outburst whatsoever, His attention set completely upon the poor hound He affords the entirety of His focus to.

You have emoted: Xenia's eyes widen and her face begins to contort in protest as a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff's leaves her side to stand obediently beside Slyphe. Though she remains silently rigid, she watches on for but a moment until she can take no more. "HE HAS BEEN TRAINED TO DELIVER THOSE!" she suddenly bursts.

Moirean practically seethes with a veritable maelstrom of anger as she stamps one foot, demanding, "Out! Out! Discuss it OUTSIDE THE KEEP." She even lets out a little growl, the sound surprisingly loud to emanate from such a small body. "I WILL NOT HAVE HIM IN HERE!"

"Really?" Slyphe queries with an almost genuinely-curious undertone evident in the way He phrases the question. Just once He rolls His eyes before laying His gaze upon Moirean. "I have no interest in your daughter," He almost cheekily concludes. "You needn't worry, Imp." Then, as if the brief distraction had never happened His gaze is back, almost fascinatingly so upon you. "It nearly exploded in his mouth - how did you train him to note the fuse length?"

You have emoted: Xenia's eyes remain only on the warhound, which she signals to her side, though the gesture seems to have little hold on the hound.

The gesture towards a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff certainly has no hold whatsoever as it releases a content noise, seemingly quite fine with remaining where he is with the Deity scratching his ears.

Moirean's temper seems irrationally short-fused, and does not abate despite the reassurances of Slyphe. She seems about to yell at the God again, before something stops her - she sways in place, as if hit by a heavy, sudden bout of vertigo, and her eyes widen, dilating. She falls silent, slumping back against one wall of the kennels to sullenly observe the exchange.

Satomi frowns as she swiftly moves past you to kneel beside Moirean. "Commander? Did you burst a blood vessel?" She asks in a tone more curious than concerned.

You have emoted: Xenia glances at Moirean and lowers her voice, "My apologies Commander, I did not expect Him to come here, though I do not know if I have much control on where He chooses to remain," she says in a strained tone. With a clenched jaw she turns back to Slyphe, her eyes narrowing upon Him. "I trained him first with unlit fireworks, and then we progressed. The hound is smart, and is a veteran with fireworks."

Moirean waves Satomi away, head shaking, attention still smouldering on Slyphe, although she remains quiet, for now, letting the conversation continue uninterrupted.

"No accidents though?" Slyphe counters with a tilt of His head towards the hound He seems to be positively transfixed by. His long fingers lift and prod at the beast's muzzle, lifting the skin to observe its teeth as He wears a surprised expression. "He bears no scorch marks upon his gums or teeth," the God seems to muse aloud. "Interesting."

A sickly, blister-ridden mastiff doesn't seem to fight the poking and prodding of its muzzle at all - quite the contrary, actually, its tail picks up into a slow, happy wag that completely betrays what one would expect from such a sickly looking beast.

Glancing up at you for a moment, Slyphe, the Maelstrom says, "He certainly seems to like Me a bit more than you."

You have emoted: Xenia watches the inspection, a look of pride beginning to form on her face, "I've had that hound for years, and it is no mystery at all that his gums are fine, as I said, I trained him," she states with a measure of control. "As for who he prefers--" she frowns, eyes narrowing once more, "surely there is some Divine influence, this hound knows its master, and that is ME."

Slyphe tilts His head just somewhat towards you, His lips pursing. "Oh," is all He says for a few almost troubled moments. "Well perhaps we should test that," the God finally states, standing up to His full height as if the challenge was already accepted by you. "Command him," is the succinct order He issues forth.

hound list
**********************************[ Hounds ]***********************************
Name            Type       Location                       Status     
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghostbuster     Phase      Kennels
warhound157065  Cerberus   Kennels
Bloodthirst     Mutt       Kennels
Cobrafang       Swamp      Kennels

H:5734 M:3088 E:29400 W:18900 XP:9% [csdb eb]hound whistle warhound72765
That is not your warhound.

You have emoted: Xenia stands a bit taller and she simply nods. She motions to a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff, beckoning him to herself. A long moment passes, her expression darkens, and she makes the gesture again, this time accompanying it wit ha whistle. Again, the command is ignored. She swallows and tilts her head upward towards Slyphe, "What did you DO to him?"

Slyphe sends a sickly, blister-ridden mastiff back to the kennels, the hound whimpering as it departs.

"Oh, you know," Slyphe nonchalantly states with a wave of His hand. "Simply decided you could repay your debt a bit... faster." His lips curl upwards into a grin as He turns to walk away, a sheet of water falling upon His form that obscures Him from sight.

Slyphe is suddenly enveloped in a swirling vortex of water that writhes and sinuously curls about His form before disappearing as abruptly as it arrived, leaving nothing in its wake.

Satomi ponders the situation.

Dryly, Moirean Seirath says to you, "I think you are going to need a new mastiff."

You have emoted: Xenia's jaw drops and she turns to stare down into the kennels, "I'm going to get that one back," she says only.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Satomi.

Moirean's eyebrow raises, but a trace of amusement enters her voice. "Good," she succinctly replies.

Moirean gives you a respectful salute.

Moirean leaves to the northwest.

"No you won't," comes a voice within the back of your mind with a faint chuckle.

"He's -Mine- now."

Satomi places a gauntleted hand on your shoulder, "You've got a mission, my dear. One I will be most interested in seeing the results of."

You think "No, he's not, I will FIND a way."

You have emoted: Xenia glances over at Satomi, "I've got work to do, Satomi, I don't know what all it will take, but first.....I need to make a firework."

"Heh heh heh," Satomi chuckles.

Your pipes have gone cold and dark.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "I would suggest using the Mire Hound, next time."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "They are already laden with diseases."

You have emoted: "I can't believe he took Whaleclaw, he was my best hound," Xenia whispers to Satomi.

Satomi nods her head emphatically.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "I think He knew that."

You have emoted: Xenia's eyes narrow, "Well, I better get to work then."

Satomi nods her head emphatically.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Best of luck, yeah?"

You have emoted: Xenia nods absently at Satomi, "Yeah..." she says distractedly.

You say to Satomi, "Thank you for coming."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Of course."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Wouldn't have been anywhere else."

You say to Satomi, ".... I should be consider being a bit less brash about sending out them fireworks."

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "Or use your Mutt to do it."

You nod your head at Satomi.

You say, "Or that."

You have emoted: "Or...that," Xenia repeats, and turns for the door.

High Reaver Satomi Lunare, Amethyst says, "We live, we learn, we die.. or in my case, we learn.. forever."

MoireanSlypheEzalorOmei

Comments

• Also, this morning, I logged into this from Satomi:
    http://www.hastebin.com/pixuhiqeqa.coffee

I don't know if I'll ever get that hound back D: 

MoireanSlyphe
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    First Severn with hammer swat and now Slyphe with a warhound - all the gods are secretly Carnifex!

That was awesome from everyone. Sorry for Moi being bitchy and interrupting things a bit, she was in an angry mood and seeing Slyphe set her off.

I can't wait to see Xenia's efforts to get the dog back!
  • edited December 2013
    Xenia said:

I don't know if I'll ever get that hound back D: 

XeniaTrager
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited December 2013
    Sorry Slyphe, I'm a bigger Twilight fan than you are. I actually modeled Ezalor off of ^ and you see how well I'm doing.
    MoireanTragerSlyphePiper
  • I don't even like Twilight, it was just an appropriate reaction .gif. But uh... good for you @Ezalor!

EzalorAarbrok
  • I'm going to try!!!!

Trager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Ezalor said:

Sorry Slyphe, I'm a bigger Twilight fan than you are. I actually modeled Ezalor off of ^ and you see how well I'm doing.
    My life has just been turned upside down.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Aarbrok
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    SlypheMoireanIosynePiperAngweAarbrokTragerXenia
  • ahahahaha, I love it, Ezalor, especially the paw print. 

• Those glorious photoshop skills. 

On topic, thanks for rolling along with this Xenia! It's little things like this that open up fascinating and fun story arcs that keep me loving getting to play the role.

Trager
  • Damn, you got jacked.

i am rapture coder
    EzalorTrager
  • Slyphe said:
    .On topic, thanks for rolling along with this Xenia! It's little things like this that open up fascinating and fun story arcs that keep me loving getting to play the role.
    It's been fun, thanks for coming and giving me some trouble. Regardless of the outcome, I'm looking forward to the attempts. Xenia's always been the throw herself at a brick wall to knock it down sort of girl. 

Trager