Solid State HD?

DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore ExtraordinareRolling amongst piles of credits.

Ok, so about a month ago I transitioned my PC to a SSD to get better load speeds, however, I've noticed that in big team combat, and sometimes in bashing, I 'pulse' for lack of a better term. Screen freezes, then I get a bunch of stuff coming at me, then freeze, then repeat. I thought this was some shoddy scripting on my part in my new templar offense stuff, but even my luminary is doing it now.

Any suggestions by anyone out there? I've got a second traditional HD in the machine I'm debating loading cmud on that just to see how that goes, but otherwise I'm unsure what to do.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Comments

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013
    Delete the Gauges folder in the GUI folder. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Switch to mudlet. It's absurd how much I can run without any slowdown. But I highly doubt your problem has anything to do with a hard drive, cmud shouldn't be reading anything from a drive while operating, it should all be loaded into memory. I suppose it's possible that it could be trying to save a log somewhere, which could cause a hang while writing. Do you log everything?
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

That actually may be it, I'll try pausing logging next time. Cmud itself only runs my offense, defense is handled through mudbot.

And I've disabled the gauges forever, Illi. I'll try that and see what happens! Thanks!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."