Gmcp and IRE Rift

edited November 2013 in Tech Talk
I been messing with this for months now... My question is, HAS anyone got it working?

As in how you can get your Cache information without doing IC .. all help will be greatly helpful!!!

This is for mudlet,, I Noticed Acheae had a script with something similar to this but its not from gmcp

Comments

• Pretty sure Lin posted it in the 'how to shot gmcp' thread.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I never could get it working right with cmud. I finally gave up.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited November 2013
    @Irruel I meant more of, how do you store the said information into a 'varaible' or sorts, or even SEE what information it sends

@Daskalos I think on Cmud its just too much hard work, I got it working but was way too big ad slow... Citadel has it working tho

I'm trying to put together a precache system but I cant use INV as that part is messed up as if you track Room info too the INV doesnt show! and cant use the cache as unsure just what it shows/how it shows

• IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Azton said:
    @Irruel I meant more of, how do you store the said information into a 'varaible' or sorts, or even SEE what information it sends

@Daskalos I think on Cmud its just too much hard work, I got it working but was way too big ad slow... Citadel has it working tho

I'm trying to put together a precache system but I cant use INV as that part is messed up as if you track Room info too the INV doesnt show! and cant use the cache as unsure just what it shows/how it shows
    Storing the information:

You just store it. That's entirely up to you. If you're using Lua, that's as easy as cache = gmcp.IRE.Rift.List.

Tracking the information:

You're looking for the gmcp.IRE.Rift.Change event. This populates with the cache item that was added or removed, and contains the amount left in the cache.

As @Lin showed in the GMCP tutorial, sometimes looking at the tables themselves is the best way to understand how the data is structured. Use display() to pull up each table!
  • I currently run my whole precaching and some defense requirements off gmcp.IRE.Rift. I make use of both the Change event and the List event. It would be best to make an event handler (for both events) and just have it display that variable (or gmcp.IRE.Rift in general) to see how it is formatting the data if you want an example of how it looks.
    Ivoln
  • AH I see my ISSUE, my Gmcp.Char.Items for INV isnt working as somehow its set to ROOM  and wont switch betwen them!

• Azton said:
    AH I see my ISSUE, my Gmcp.Char.Items for INV isnt working as somehow its set to ROOM  and wont switch betwen them!

So it isnt that it is set to room, it is that the room and inventory share the same table (no freaking clue why) so you have to create event handles for both room/inv updates and cache them locally if you want to utilize those effectively.
  • aye, I have eventhandlers for them but it never switches to INV lol!!

I'll keep breaking it til it works!! Thanks :D