Teradrim Release!

edited December 2012 in Aetolia Development
With Grumagh's assault blunted and the Pillars safe once more, the Teradrim have found themselves newly empowered by the skills of the Earthen - gaining Terramancy and Desiccation alongside a newly remade Animation. With this, the revamped Teradrim class has been fully released. Please share your impressions, comments and suggestions in this thread in the aftermath of this event!

BorscinKiyotanHaernIllikaalIlyonAmaraIosyne

Comments

• Yay, Earthen. (blame Razmael and Ivoln for all your deaths and guard deaths)
    BorscinZun
  • Someone post their abilities, please!
    Xiuhcoatl
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Is that official Aet art or did you gank it from somewhere? It's really cool.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • That was done by Chris Bourassa for Aetolia.
    Slyphe
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I like the picture. It captured Arbre's essence pretty well.
    KiyotanLin
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Especially the part where she only has 8 fingers!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • The golem has 10. Odd
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • The Earthenform gives dwarves the ability to have ten fingers. In our lore, dwarves only have eight fingers.
    Lin
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    The Curse of Belakai.
    IosyneRhoHaern
  • The highlight of the event for me?

A powerful mastiff launches itself into the air with a strong flap of its wings.

Underdog wishes he was this cool.
    IosyneLianca
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Congratulations to the new Teradrim!

As the only person in the universe trying to update the official wiki, could I possibly get a summary of the event that resulted in the class redesign?
    Raeche
  • Toss me a message with what you're aiming to see, Lin.
  • Hey! Howcome Shamans didn't get badass new art with their release D:

That art looks siiiiiick though. Makes me wish I could pick up Tera ;_;.  After having read through the AB files, i'm really liking what I see. Anything that appears to do massive damage has some sort of buildup that won't (or shouldn't) take 2 seconds, or pressing your autobash button to pull off. Seems really well thought out and put together. I'm sure small tweaks will likely be imminent in the future, but for an initial product? It looks amazing. Well done old Slyphe. You've impressed me with Shamans, and now Teradrim. I can't wait to see what else you've got cooking up!
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Raeche
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I've noticed a discrepancy in regards with gold flail runes and bashing:

Normal earth batter;
    You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter a suspicious Xorani patrol in quick succession.
    golem recover
    Damage done: 1119, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

Gold runes batter:
    You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter a suspicious Xorani patrol in quick succession.
    golem recover
    Damage done: 1484, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

This is pretty much with all artifacts except hunt_teradrim. 19 strength and 21 int, so there should be a small difference, but close to 370 points of damage is more than two points of stats would account for. 196 damage flail (level 3 rune on it).

In comparison, carnifex deal about 1,500 damage on a 2,9 balance, Sciomancers about 2,000 with a 3.25 balance, praenomen 2,100 damage at 3.5 balance.

Suggestion:
    Figure out why strength and intelligence scales differently. Change it so earth attacks are based on the flail's speed and damage. Make equilibrium recovery propery affect speeds with gold inks (I don't get why equilibrium based attacks would not benefit from it in the first place, anyway, doesn't make any sense to me).
    Why are you using batter for bashing if you're transcendent?
    edited December 2012
    It's also worth noting that your golem can be ordered to attack mobs, too. ORDER GOLEM KILL <thing>, which makes up another 200-300 damage.

Alexina said:
     Make equilibrium recovery propery affect speeds with gold inks (I don't get why equilibrium based attacks would not benefit from it in the first place, anyway, doesn't make any sense to me).
    Equilibrium recovery artifact only affects things that use your equilibrium. Gold ink still uses balance, it just draws on your racial equilibrium advantage. 370 damage is actually a pretty good ballpark figure for a +2 int difference, but I'll double check that.
  • Dat triple post.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Kiyotan
    +2 str did not even give close to 370 damage when I checked earlier (using batter with and without earthenform), more in the area of 100 damage. And I was using batter because it looked like it was meant to be our bashing attack. Guess I was wrong!
    Yeah, looks like I was wrong. Fixed that discrepency. Bashing damage will probably fluctuate a bit over the next few days as I tweak things.
    BorscinAngwe
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Lin said:
    Congratulations to the new Teradrim!

As the only person in the universe trying to update the official wiki, could I possibly get a summary of the event that resulted in the class redesign?
    I only caught bits and pieces of the events leading up to it all, but I posted a short log of the climax (post final fight) in the RP logs section if that helps any.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Seir said:
    I like the picture. It captured Arbre's essence pretty well.
    Wat. Waughhh
    Kiyotan said:
    Especially the part where she only has 8 fingers!
    Ironically, Arbre DID only have 8 fingers for awhile...
  • Razmael said:
    The Curse of Belakai.
    I personally circumcise two of the fingers off when a dwarf grows his first beard.  
    Haven
    edited January 2013
    Oh, yeah, there's something odd about earth attacks being counted as aggression even if they don't hit:

H:7728 M:7360 E:30864 W:29346 B:100% XP:64% [eb]touch shield
    kick golem
    You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.
    Equilibrium Used: 4.00 seconds
    H:7728 M:7360 E:30900 W:29346 B:100% XP:64% [-b]
    You must regain equilibrium first.
    You have recovered equilibrium.

Compare this with:

H:7728 M:7360 E:30900 W:29346 B:100% XP:64% [eb]touch shield
    earth batter golem
    You touch the shield tattoo and suddenly a nearly invisible magical shield forms around you.
    Equilibrium Used: 4.00 seconds
    Your aggressive action causes the nearly invisible magical shield around you to fade away.
    Your shielded defence has been stripped.
    You must regain equilibrium first.

You have recovered equilibrium.

EDIT:
    Golem twinsoul seems buggy too:
    A lava daemon slams one of his rocky fists into your shoulder.
    Damage done: 548, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 2083, blunt.

Supposedly, it's supposed to remove 10% of the damage, but 548 damage when you lose 2083 health seems like a lot more than 10%. Unless the damage transfer happens before any damage reduction, which also seems very odd.

EDIT2:
    Targetting also seems a bit wonky. I sometimes change the target midfight to another mob, which doesn't happen as any other class.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I just noticed the targeting thing too. Even with simpletargeting on, I had at least one room where it went for the second mob rather than the first on the IH list.
    Okay, looks like I've got the targeting issues fixed now. The other problems mentioned should all be resolved too.
    Mastema
    There seems to be a weird, new bug with customising golems. When trying to use the customise verb, I get the following message:
    You cannot customise weapons or armour unless they are artifacts, fullplate, elemental staves or Druidic quarterstaves.

The customisation thing worked just fine when my golem first reached level 100. Then, a few days ago, I noticed it was broke.
  • Not the biggest deal, but for the learning messages, some of the pronouns in Terramancy are off and all of Desiccation seem to be off (or Lucisa got a sex change I'm unaware of).
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    She IS Bloodborn, you know.
    Periluna
  • Also: if a golem kills a mob it doesn't pick it up and you don't seem to gain any experience.
    Borscin