Aldric
Zun 
Alexina
Periluna
Ilyon
Tree
Aarbrok
Demarcus

Note: Sign-ups will likely be closed by 8pm EST tomorrow tonight. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Comments

• Doubleplusgood.

I'm in.
    Valenae
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Knowing full well that I will never make it to Day 3, I will sign up.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Amara
  • Hopefully this one goes better than last one! In!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • What's a 1984 version of the game?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
  • I'm in. Won't RP, I promise :(

• Lin said:
    Oh, so Valenae just changes the names around a bit, and that's the 1984 version? I guess they're all the same to me if so.

Orisae said:
    I'm in. Won't RP, I promise :(
    I don't think you should feel apologetic. The problem isn't with roleplaying. It's with frivolous voting. In the last game, I think 'roleplay' became the scapegoat because some people just wanted a vanilla version of the game, and it was easy to mistake the RP for the culprit.

If roleplay is used simply as the medium by which your input/deductions/bluffing is conveyed, it serves as a legitimate basis on which decisions can be made. It spices things up, in the same way the Game Master can write his/her announcements in a fanciful manner - it doesn't change the game in substance, only in form.

The problem only comes in when accusations/votes are made frivolously and baselessly. Which, roleplay or not, can be avoided.
  • I'm game as well.

• edited December 2012
    I'm still constructing the power roles (PRs) but the general categories are: 

People of Oceania/Goldstein Brotherhood (Town)The town is compromised of two parts - regular townies and the Goldstein Brotherhood (PR roles), AKA townies with special abilities.  

Ability: PRs will be released along with the rules in the next mafia thread. 

Win condition: Wins once all mafia are dead. 

Party/Big Brother (Mafia): Big brother is watching. 

Ability: PRs will be released along with the rules in the next mafia thread. 

Win condition: The party members win once the mafia outnumbers the town. 

The Democrat (Third Party): Displeased with the lack of direction exhibited by the Brotherhood and the ruthlessness of the party, the Democrat has decided to take matters into his/her own hands and turn power over to a new form of government. 

Ability: Once per night round the Democrat can pick one target and I will inform them of the target's role  via PM. They can then send me a message of whatever he/she desires that will go out to all of the  PRs anonymously. 

Win condition: Wins if all the PRs in the game are dead. Whoever is left standing with the Democrat wins along with 'em. 

EDIT: Roleplay will not be permitted in the 1984 version. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Wait what. Clearly Goldstein and his co-conspirators must be the enemy! What kind of 1984 game has the citizens trying to lynch BB >_>
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    Malak
  • edited December 2012
    I'm still writing the backstory. In short, however, the game takes place AFTER a massive transition and picks up with town slowly becoming the political majority. Traces of the mafia still exist and townies are goin' on a witch hunt.  

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    For some inexplicable reason, the Goldsteins appeal to me.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AldricLinMalak
  • edited December 2012
    @Raeche: To answer your question - not all games are the same, no. They usually have different players, roles, and/or story lines. We've had everything from LoL to Aetolia themed games with abilities as unique as the 'lovers' to the role of the 'ex-pat'. With any luck we'll get to add 1984 to the list. 

EDIT: Sign-ups will likely be closed around 8pm EST tomorrow. 

• Valenae said:
    @Raeche: To answer your question - not all games are the same, no. They usually have different players, roles, and/or story lines. We've had everything from LoL to Aetolia themed games and now we'll get to add 1984 to the list. 
    Okie dokie. Anyway, will sit this one out. Have fun though, you guys! :)
  • I'm in.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I want to play.
  • Sure, add me in.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Tree too.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I'll be first to die...
    No wait, I have boobs now, I may live a while longer.
    Sign me up!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aarbrok said:
    I'll be first to die...
    Sign me up!
    You realize forums are OOC, right?  Unless.........
    Valenae
  • edited December 2012
    Just a reminder to those who are thinking about signing up: At 8pm EST tonight the sign-ups close, the backstory and rules are posted, and the role PMs will be sent. Don't be left out! 

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Pick me! Pick MEEEE!
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Arbre said:
    Aarbrok said:
    I'll be first to die...
    Sign me up!
    You realize forums are OOC, right?  Unless.........

Given enough makeup and a sequined dress, I can be a convincing one.
  • All right, folks! Sign-ups are closed. I'm working on getting the PRs and backstory into the thread. Expect your role very soon!