Commissioning a tapestry

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
I've edited out some roundabout stuff, but here's a little something of what went down when that tapestry came to be. Angwe is in need of something to take his mind off things, so him, Meyvitch, Irruel and I are discussing things to do, when the following is suggested:

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Or we could cause trouble somewhere. I don't have any snakes, but I'm sure we could do some mischief in Enorian."

Head whipping around, Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Trouble! Yes, we can cause trouble."

Irruel creases his brow in a frown.

You say, "Could always raid Bloodloch and try to find if Abhorash is about. I still owe him a death..."

Irruel blinks.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "I've never been in Bloodloch."

Irruel du Vallianse says to Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana, "It's overrated."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Maybe we could trash Moirean's shop? With flowers or something else she'll hate? I've loads of them in my pack for some unknown reason. I think my sister put them there a century ago as a joke."

Looking at Irruel, smiling, Teani nudges him a little. "So, trouble or drinking? Or both?" she asks.

You emit a sudden and excited, "Ooh!"

Angwe snickers under his breath.

You laughingly say, "Yes, that sounds good."

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh wryly says, "Unless you're up for a fight, I'll have to hear about that after th' fact."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Irruel du Vallianse, "I can trash Moirean's shop. We can do it without any guilt whatsover."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Enemy?"

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Nope."

Irruel du Vallianse says to you, "We'll do her shop another time then. Gives us more time to prepare anyway, it wouldn't be doing it right if we didn't hang tapestries as well. I don't suppose you know how to make tapestries?"

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Irruel du Vallianse, "Only thing is, how to trash it without Moirean catching us."

You look about, rubbing your chin thoughtfully.

You say, "Maybe I can. Not sure if it's a tailoring thing according to the crafting gnomes."

Irruel du Vallianse says to Meyvitch, "I'll take the blame for it, it's fine."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Moirean used to make embarrassing tapestries and gift them in public places to the cities or people she as ridiculing."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Like at the city gates in the middle of a war, stuff like that."

You say to Irruel, "Lead the way then, wherever you feel we should go. Could always stop by a crafting guild to see if I can pick up a tapestry pattern and then we can set to planning."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "We need a bar that can be a war room while we plan the raid on the imp-shop."

>At The shining Trident

"I'll be right back." Teani says, just after speaking to the bartender. "Need to check with the crafting guild. Why don't you order and sit somewhere?"

>> getting a design pattern for a tapestry from the crafting guild, return and get handed rum to drink.

A piece of paper in hand, Teani enters the bar with a smile on her face. She moves straight over to the table, settling down next to Irruel. "They had a sketch for me." She says while accepting the bottle from him.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Angwe is going to catch up, right?"

"As soon as he's finished his post, I think." Teani responds, nodding her head. She looks at the flagon in her hand, sniffing it before taking a sip from it.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "He's not currently punching a tree somewhere, to be followed by trying to stare down a crow?"

Teani shakes her head and with a wry smile, she says, "That's not his style."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "What we need then, is to figure out Moirean's style, this century, and then how to twist it into the most embarrassing format possible."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Irruel du Vallianse, "She has a haven set up on the edge of the world on one side, and reality on the other, full of the piked heads of enemies. Work with that, it's all the info I've got on her besides her leading the Carnifex."

Meyvitch sits back, looking more and more human with each sip of beer, eyes lit up with excitement.

Irruel ponders the situation.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Morbid, even for her."

Teani grins at Meyvitch, then plants her paper on the table, showing a rough sketch of a tapestry. "Leader of the Carnifex, Chairwoman of Spinesreach, wife and, I believe, recently a mother..." She purses her lips. "Very small and bouncy at times, though she packs a mean punch when needed."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "I suppose we could attack the betrayal part, somehow. But that'd be a massive tapestry."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to you, "We are NOT GOING AFTER KITS."

You shake your head at Meyvitch.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Her husband might be fair game."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "I met him, actually. Dour fellow."

You say, "Don't know much about him, aside from being quite big, and very quiet."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Perhaps a flower for everyone one of the people she betrayed? I don't know if I have enough for that."

You chuckle at Irruel.

You ask, "So.. fluffy, pretty flowery things? You think that might offend her?"

Irruel snickers under his breath.

Irruel nods his head at you.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "But the tapestry, it needs to put it all into context in some way. We don't want her to think someone is trying to do something nice, after all."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "A message. A flower for everyone you used to call friend, or something?"

Irruel shrugs helplessly.

Turning to Irruel, Teani nods her head. "Perhaps if I could embroider a picture of her sitting in the middle of a flowerbed, hugging a plush toy?"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "I dunno. We could just fill it full of rotting meat or something, as well."

Irruel utters a deep, rumbling laugh at you.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to you, "Plush toy and horse stick-toy!"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "That's gold. YEp."

Getting into the spirit, Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to you, "In nappies!"

You say, "Ooh, no, a plush hound. Carnifex keeps war hounds, you know."

Comprehension flashes across Meyvitch's face.

Meyvitch winces in pain.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Aye. She got a new Delvian pup named Runty, too."

You chuckle long and heartily.

You say to Irruel, "Almost perfect, no?"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "I wish I could remember what her wolf was called, when she was a sentinel."

Irruel nods his head at you.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to you, "Give her...one of those yapping little white barks on legs that princesses and noblewomen carry in the handbags."

You have emoted: Teani leans over her paper, starting to sketch, grinning a little at Meyvitch's comment. "A tiny thing with trimmed fur, making large eyes as it's almost squeezed to death."

Meyvitch nods his head at you.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Is there any way of making the setting, the background, the Mamashi?"

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Irruel du Vallianse, "Mamashi why?"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "She used to claim herself it's protector."

You say to Irruel, "Could write mamashi out at the corner of the grassy flowerbed."

Irruel sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

You see Irruel shout, "Angwe! Stop fooling around and get over here."

Angwe arrives from the south.

Teani looks up from her sketching as Irruel barks suddenly. As Angwe steps in, she grins and nods at the chair across the table.

Angwe collects his beer as he passes by, taking a seat opposite Irruel.

"To a less weird future for all?" Irruel toasts, raising his glass of rum to his lips, catching your eyes with his as he does so.

Meyvitch props his elbow on the table, lifting his glass with Irruel.

Irruel nudges you suggestively.

Angwe glances uncertainly between the two flagons in his hand and shrugs. Selecting one, he quaffs from a wooden flagon full of beer.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Anyway."

Teani smiles and drops her piece of coal, grabbing the flagon instead. "I'll drink to that." she says, winking at Irruel.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "So far we have a design started of a tapestry for the Imptress, with a tiny fluffy squeezed to death pupdog, a garden..."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "And I forgot what else."

Angwe pushes his mask up enough to expose his lips, alternating sips from each flagon. "Mmm, uhuh," he utters.

Teani plucks up the piece of coal again, while still holding on to her bottle of rum, then draws a few more lines.

Meyvitch nods his head emphatically.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to you, "Can yoU make Moirean Moirean with a spider's body? Or is that too much?"

At Meyvitch's question, Teani turns her head his way and frowns. "I don't think that's mocking enough. It implies power and we're kind of trying to remove that and insert fluffy stuff, no?"

Irruel du Vallianse says to Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "Six dead animals lying in a bed of flowers, and Teani's caricature tapestry hanging on the wall behind it, all in her shop. The animals of course will be wolf, fox, badger, raven and butterfly. Also a lemming if I can find one in the wild, buht to be honest, I'm not sure I've ever seen one."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "It wouldn't be right to summon the animals for this purpose, but a genuine hunt is acceptable?"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Ravens can also be tricky to catch, but a crow will do as well."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Fluffy stuhff it is. I'm just trying dyfferent ideas."

Softly, Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Irruel du Vallianse, "Foxes in the desert."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Wolves near Azdun. Butterflies..."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "All over?"

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Raven, or crow I forget, in the mire."

You say, "And badger in the Putorans."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Oh, in the tapestry."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "She is clutching her newest favourite plush toys, the hound and puppy. Perhaps discarded and torn off to one side, a pile of older toys representing the sentinel menagerie."

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Maybe?"

Meyvitch grins mischievously at Irruel.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "Just...not TORN UP dollies. Discarded."

Meyvitch blushes faintly as he says it, but stares firmly at you.

Teani looks up at Irruel from her idle sketching, the image below her hand now shows a landscape of rolling hills with mountain tops in the background. The forefront is speckled with flowers and at its center sits a small imp woman, clutching a plushy toy looking like a hound. She nods her head at both Irruel and Meyvitch, continuing her sketch. "Plenty of ragged toys on the sides, some destroyed, others worn out... sharp contrast 

to the brand new ones she is hugging tightly."

Irruel chuckles long and heartily.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "Perfect."

Irruel ponders the situation.

Irruel du Vallianse says, "I'm afraiD, I muhssht be off. Great planning with you aall."

Irruel takes his leave.

Teani takes a deep breath, looking at the place Irruel vacated for a while before shaking her head and going back to her sketch.

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "What did youh wantt to ad *hic* d?"

Angwe transfers his palm to the point of his chin, striking a thoughtful pose that is, perhaps, blunted by the mask that hides his expression from view.

"This isn't my strong suit," Angwe admits.

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "Although... it would be funny to build a very tall shelf... and set a lion doll atop it, just out of her reach."

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "...Or send her stilts."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "Lion?"

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana exclaims, "Stilts would be awesome!"

Teani lifts her hand from the sketch, showing it to Angwe and Meyvitch. "What do you think of it so far?"

"A child in the midst of past discarded toys," Angwe muses, the set of his smile twisting into a wry one. "I like it, but p'raps it may send the wrong message, you think?"

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says to Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh, "How so?"

Teani looks at Angwe, shaking her head. "It's meant to remove all power and remind her of the things she's discarded over the years, like her Sentinel companions."

Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana says, "We're trying to mock her. That's mocking."

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says to Fox of the Rhythm, Meyvitch Qefin-Yaslana, "She COULD take it as an example of her discarding childish things from her past. See how she holds onto the hound doll?"

"Irruel thought it was a good idea." Teani comments. "Showing how she's tossed away previously loved companions in favor of new ones, that will most likely be tossed out eventually too."

"What could we add to suggest such..." Angwe falters, tapping his mask's cheek. "...What's the word I'm looking for...?"

Snapping his fingers, Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "Fickleness!"

You say to Angwe, "Aha! That's a good word to embroider at the bottom of the tapestry!"

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "How could we suggest it visually? We need something looming on the horizon, so to speak. Th' Next Big Thing."

Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh wryly says to you, "Or that."

You beam broadly at Angwe.

Snickering, Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "And p'raps a pair of stilts, too. Y'know... just a BIT too short to let 'er get them down herself."

You grin mischievously at Angwe.

Clarifying, Prideleader Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh says, "It. The tapestry, I mean."

Teani puts the sketch into her note book, smiling. "I have to rest now, but I'll make sure to show this to Irruel as well when I see him next." In the margin next to her sketch, she writes the word 'stilts', underlining it, then shuts her book.

You smile and say, "Anyway, if you come up with anything else, send me a message, or Irruel. It was his idea."

The Tapestry ended up looking like this!
[spoiler]Depicting a landscape of rolling grasslands and mountain tops in the background, this tapestry is a work of art. The scene has been carefully embroidered with much attention to detail. The forefront is speckled with brightly colored flowers, and at its center, amidst a lush flowerbed, sits a small imp woman. Her face is lit up with a sunny smile as she clutches an unruffled plushy toy in the shape of a war hound under one arm, while the other hugs a fluffy white dog tightly. The dog, fur trimmed to a ridiculous look, makes wide eyes as if being nearly choked to death. Littering the grass around her is a whole cadre of plush toys. A wolf with its tail torn off, a butterfly with the stuffing falling out, a roughed-up fox and some other animal toys that seem to have lost their luster, looking ragged and torn. At the very bottom, surrounded by pretty flowers, the word 'Fickleness' has been embroidered, shining brightly from silver thread.[/spoiler]

MoireanXenia

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And the reaction to it.

Message #747   Sent By: Moirean         Received On: 10/05/2013/3:30
    "You have one day to explain why this tapestry you made (clearly for Angwe) is here in my city, openly insulting me, before I brand you an enemy. Give me the names of who left it here."

You sent the following message to Moirean:
    The tapestry is of my design, aye, but not the order of Angwe and he was not involved in placing the tapestries within Spinesreach. The person who enlisted me in the making of this item had just cause, when venturing up to your city to decorate it. Would you truly stoop to using your powers as Chair to brand someone for a personal matter?

Out running after Foci and Moirean comes after me. I run and try to set up vibes to stand my ground rather than run and hide because this is bound to be fun no matter what. <.< Naturally she truelocks me after some time.

Moirean tells you, "I'll give you some time to sit there and think about why it's rude to accuse me of abusing my city powers."

You say, "Well, you did threaten to brand me an enemy."

With a disapproving tone, Moirean says "Tsk, tsk" and waggles her finger at you.

Moirean the Lurker says, "No talking back."

Moirean the Lurker says, "Now. You made a mess in my city. I gave you time to find accomplices."

Moirean the Lurker says, "You chose not to name them."

>> Seeing as I'm stuttering so much, I'm not able to communicate back.

Moirean the Lurker says, "Instead you insulted me."

Moirean the Lurker says, "The tapestry was bad enough, but DARING to suggest that I am corrupt and would abuse my power like...what, some idiot in Enorian or Bloodloch?"

Moirean the Lurker says, "RUDE."

Moirean the Lurker says, "See that it doesn't happen again."

Moirean the Lurker says, "In fact, I want a NEW tapestry."

Moirean the Lurker says, "One that highlights how TERRIFYING I am."

Moirean stares implacably at you.

Moirean somberly repeats, "TERR-I-FYING."

Moirean casually tosses a necklace of purity down to you. "Clean yourself up and get started," she says with a scowl.

>> Necklace finally cleans me up.

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "The one I was with is not here. It felt wrong to call on others to help."

Moirean tells you, "TERR-I-FYING."

Moirean tells you, "It has to be TERR-I-FYING."

///

Meet Moirean moments later with Dato.

Emphatically, Moirean the Lurker says to you, "Terr-I-fy-ING."

You eye Moirean, giving her the once over.

Proudly, Moirean the Lurker says to Prior Dato Deschaine, Golden Dragon, "Teani is making me a tapestry."

You say to Dato, "Already made one. Apparently she didn't approve."

Dato chuckles long and heartily.

You hum a happy tune.

Prior Dato Deschaine, Golden Dragon says, "I want one too!"

Moirean spreads her arms as her eyes glaze over, clearly imagining the piece. "It will be in honor of my terrifying majesty," she begins. "Dark and beautiful and evil and wonderfully wonderful."

Moirean emphasizes each syllable: "TERR-I-FY-ING."

Teani leans closer to Dato and mumbles softly, "Apparently she's not much for fluffy things."

Moirean brandishes a dirk of the stars menacingly.

Moirean the Lurker says to you, "Don't make me repeat my lecture."

With a firm nod, Moirean the Lurker says, "I'm scary. SCARY."

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "It got through loud and clear. And sure, I'll take the blame, even though you were not nice to the person who was setting them up."

Moirean tells you, "I'm not nice to many people."

Moirean tells you, "Calling me fickle, though, is poorly done."

Moirean tells you, "Pick something that fits if you are going to insult me."

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "Apparently that one did, as the person who asked for the tapestry thought it was very suitable."

Moirean tells you, "Well, as I said, you could pass on their name and I'll direct part of my ire to them."

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "That's not my style."

Moirean tells you, "Well, let's hope that tapestry is my style! I am very discerning!"

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "Yes yes, you'll get your tapestry."

You tell Moirean the Lurker, "I'll sit down and sketch it out right now."

(And I've made a new one that will soon be presented >.<)

MoireanXenia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Haha, I *knew* Angwe was involved. I saw the word "fickleness" and was like, yep, that's Angwe. :P

It's kinda touching the details Irruel remembers, and I hope this whole thing resolves with them having a cordial relationship. He's played a huge role in Moi's life. 

The followup from Irruel is here: http://www.logsty.com/logs/M8uj9

I'm excited/worried to see what Teani does next! You lot are great/evil/:P
    TeaniXenia
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I was pretty much AFK during the whole thing. What am I, some sort of Spirean boogyman now?
  • I wouldn't say boogyman, more like Spirean joke!

It's kind of funny that I'm so relevant to y'all.
  • When you shout repeatedly, and verbally harass the city leader with a stream of profanity almost every other night, people tend to develop some kind of opinion about you, yes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited October 2013
    This isn't the place for it, but the story you're getting and what actually happened may diverge by a fair margin. Suffice it to say that your city leader is far from innocent. Also, 'every other night'? Do y'all live in a time warp?
  • Aaaaand that's enough of the personal insults. I'd really, truly hate to see a roleplay log thread closed.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Slyphe said:
    Aaaaand that's enough of the personal insults. I'd really, truly hate to see a roleplay log thread closed.
    Yeah, let's talk about how Slyphe's hijacking the mod color to suit his fascist oceanic agenda!
    PiperArbreSlyphe
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Idk, needs more prawn!

Otherwise, going back to the RP log, that was an excellent read! You guys make me really wish I was around for these hi jinx and miss ya loads! I hope you upload more! MOAR PLEASE!
    Just waiting for my accomplice to come around for the next step!

• Moirean said:
    Haha, I *knew* Angwe was involved. I saw the word "fickleness" and was like, yep, that's Angwe. :P

It's kinda touching the details Irruel remembers, and I hope this whole thing resolves with them having a cordial relationship. He's played a huge role in Moi's life. 

The followup from Irruel is here: http://www.logsty.com/logs/M8uj9

I'm excited/worried to see what Teani does next! You lot are great/evil/:P
    When we were planning this, it occurred to me that this is exactly the sort of thing Moi and Irru might have been doing, back in the day. Which was years ago now.

It also occurred to me that I'd never had my character react to Moirean's defection. Mostly because I hadn't been playing much/properly, so while I was aware of it, I hadn't had the chance or thought about what the reaction might be.

If the reaction seems a bit confused or inconsistent, then I'm doing this well, but I'm not sure. I'm still rusty with all this arpee business. Rusty with Aetolia in general, is a more honest statement.
    @Irruel: You're doing fine. It's alright to come back and be rusty about things. You still RP and it's awesome. :)

Piper