Teani

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
It's been a long time since she was a young Spirean Atabahi, and she's been through a lot, interacted with a bunch of people.

I'd like to know how she's doing, so shoot!

Comments

• Well, there's not been much interaction between Xenia and Teani, however, I have gotten to interact with her a bit as Telma. Teani is really interesting, and to me, came off even a bit intimidating! She's definitely someone I'd want a chance to RP more with.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm going to try and chase Xenia down for some more RP. Was fun for the short bursts of interaction that happened at the festival. :)

Xenia
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I like how eager Teani is to get into combat and try hard. As an enemy, Moi is developing respect for her, because she keeps trying, even against bad odds, and she seems determined to improve. Haven't really RPd much, but keep up the PK! You are improving!
    XeniaTeani
    Wish I had more time to actually sit down and work out some kinks and make real improvements when it comes to PK. We'll see in the future, I'll do my best regardless!

*bump* Really? No one has any input?

• I was pretty surprised at how aggressive she got the other day. Seemed almost like it came out of nowhere but it was a pleasant surprise.

She has her moments. Just ask Angwe. :P It was interesting to discuss that part with Xavin, brought out another side of her for sure. I should bring it out more often. <.<

• My new partner in crime, heh.

The character is well portrayed, though I've only caught the odd glimpse of why the character is who and how she is.

I think that makes sense.
  • I've enjoyed all the RP interactions we've had so far - the jellies the other day, the issues with another guild member awhile back, even the wedding dress stuff - and I think Teani's a pretty convincing character. The emotes are nice and I hope we can do more in the future.
    *bump*

• We totally need more interactions. I have enjoyed the few that we have had and Teani a fun, interesting character. I hope we'll get to RP more in the future.
    Teani
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited December 2013
    I, of course, have always adored Teani regardless of the character. At least, in the sense that they've witnessed from afar and never been a part of the character's life-changing moments and thoughts. She's a strong character and you give her a great life that I enjoy bouncing off of. I really wish there were more excuses to harass her without creating ridiculous reasons because I'd take them up.

Been riding the Teani Train since supporting her leaving Spines. Never a regret! I'm glad you're still having fun <3
    Teani
    *bump*

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Wow, I can't believe I have never posted in here!

I've really enjoyed watching Teani and Emelle's friendship develop -- it's unique because it's startlingly "normal" for what Emelle is used to, and I think that's good for both of them. You convey her character clearly with nice emoting style, and I especially admire how flexible she is with her interactions; while she belongs to Duiran, it isn't unusual to see her hanging around Spinesreach doing business or causing trouble. I never know what she'll be doing at any given moment, and that makes her very much like a living, breathing person.

I feel like our playing times haven't matched up too well lately, but I hope we get back into regular interactions soon! <3
    Teani
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    The only woman to ever 'beat' Ishin by hitting him in the balls.

Low blow, bro, low bro.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 2014
    Hey! @Ishin deserved it for nearly ripping off her dress in public and laughing about it! >.< It's awesome fun to RP-fight though. Thanks @Eleanor for setting it up.

Ishin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    @Teani has always been an adverse character to Aarbrok in some form or another, I am not sure if it is the fact they just are both stubborn, or if its the fact Aarbrok definitely was really hard on her in the past and Teani through it all remembers the unicorns he put her through.  

It has been settled on more than one occassion but through it all, they manage to have some sort of respect for one another, even if it is through a veil of well planned backhanded insults or general sarcasm and snark.  They both know that each other work and will stick to their guns in the midst of an argument, so I think they do the best to not set off the other one since they both know its a futile battle.

I as a player adore Teani, because she feels human, filled with a firecracker of emotions and impulse, that are trying to be hidden underneath a bit of bravado masking fears, uncertainties and other things.  

Long story short: She can choke a unicorns out if you unicorns with her.
    Teani
    bumpeti bump. Interacted with some new people and some old ones. I'd like to know what could possibly be changed, and what's good/bad and all that. :)

Small bump to see if anyone feels like commenting.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    We seem to fight and get along like the up and down pattern of a sound wave. It's kinda weird, but it's okay too. I just wish we could fight less about stuff OOC and just keep it IC, but it is what it is.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Yeah, @Ishin. I just can't handle your attitude when I'm struggling with RL stuff. That's why we can't manage OOCly. IC is fine though. I don't mind fighting there, because it makes things more interesting. Teani needs something to grumble about from time to time. Lifted Ignore now. Just going to keep things IC and we should be fine.

Bumping this thread. I've been involved in some RP things lately and interacted with some new people and I'd like to know how I'm doing.

• Faerah and @Teani have a strange relationship with one another.

It's friendly (...I think) but also politely distant. Still, Teani is one of the few people outside the Syssin who Faerah does not think is a complete idiot, which says a lot considering that the beginning of their relationship was tumultuous (at best). I think they bonded somewhat, despite their vastly different outlooks on life, over a mutual love of music... Which I think is kind of neat in a game where the music is all in our heads.

Overall, despite the fact that Faerah does not actively seek Teani out (because she is a total misanthrope that does not seek people out unless she needs something), as a player I truly enjoy their interactions.
    Teani
    These latest interactions between Teani and @Faerah‌ has had me constantly smiling. It's a very complex relationship, but one I thoroughly enjoy. You can count on Teani seeking her out more. :smile:

With Teani getting more involved in training, as well as running around with a lot of huge projects here and there, I'd like to know what others think about her. Do you all just suffer her presence or does she bring something interesting in terms of RP/PK? Is there something negative you can say in how she is played? Something positive?

*bump*

• So it's been a while since I have even been on the forums, and I came across this and wondered why I never posted in here for you! It has always been a delight to RP at Teani, whether it was our original gang of random party nights, her burning my wings off and cursing my name to the skies above, or bopping back to Duiran and Spinesreach. You keep her true to her and even though we haven't rped in a long time, it was always fun and watching her change and grow only added to that.
    Teani
    So, it's been over a year since I bumped this and a lot of things have happened. Teani has met a lot of new people and I would like to know what you all think of her. Is she a solid character or are there things I need to clarify when RPing? Anything about her you like/dislike in particular?

Have at it!

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited May 2016
    I really enjoy how Teani and Emelle's friendship has persisted over the years despite the many things that have transpired. I feel like I should apologize to you for not encouraging it more -- Emelle really went through some shit awhile back, and I think she alienated Teani as a result which, while true to life, isn't very conducive to more interactions! So now they've settled into this hot-and-cold mostly business relationship.

I've always appreciated how inclusive you are with your roleplay, and how Teani is capable of existing in Graytolia as a character that has total agency -- she plays by her own rules and makes decisions based on what suits her, which makes her a very accessible character no matter what "side" you're on.

I fully intend to hunt her down soon. I'd really like to strike up a friendship again!
    Teani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Teani was actually one of the first people I met when I randomly started playing again a couple years ago. (That fair in Delve made me poke around instead of just loggin in and out) Was that even where the fair was? I guess so. She was playing some other game or something. I don't know. the first have of this message was saved in my forum draft thing for like, at least a year now, so I guess I'll hit enter. ARMWRESTLING!? I think I was a little drunk at the time.
    @Aishia Yes! There was a fairground there for the Year 400 celebration and Teani was indeed armwrestling. That's how she managed to get her hands on her mount (a strider). I remember them speaking a little, but not overly much.

Also, Order of the Leek needs to have a meeting, I believe!