Templar tweaks

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2079
Date: 12/25/2012 at 6:05
To  : Everyone
Subj: Templar tweaks - pt 1

Battlefury
============================
 - Reworked a few Masteries:
   * Longsword: Now gives less penalty for striking shield.
   * (New) Shortsword: Your attacks drain less endurance.
   * Broadsword: Increased armour reduction while prone to 25%.
   * Scimitar: Lowered bleeding amount to 35, down from 40.
   * Battleaxe: Slight chance for a minor critical strike.
   * Rapier: You can avoid rebounded attacks.
   * Mace: Lowered bruising modifier by half.
   * Morningstar: Generates a small amount of blade charge on parry.
   * Flail: Will cause your target fatigue with each hit.
   * Bastard: Zeal and Tempest will attack slightly faster.
   * Warhammer: Can build to a higher maximum amount of charges.
   * (New) Javelin: You can throw one room further than normal.
 - MainGauche now works on all weapons, not just shortswords.

Bladefire
 - Retribution is now a stand-alone ability.
 - Retribution no longer needs Conviction in order to succeed.
 - Blade releases now require balance and equilibrium, but won't consume
   either.
 - Cripple effects can now be cured with random curing methods.
 - Disrupt effects can now be cured with random curing methods.
 - Blade charges are now generated based on the penetration stat.
 - Removed Conviction.

Dhuriv
 - Throatcrush now prevents undead Fitness.

Elemancy/Sciomancy
 - Changed Brand effects:
   * Spirit/Shadow now deals 40% of damage based on your mana
     consumption.
   * Mist/Wind now confers a 20% chance to miss.
   * Ember/Stone now increases elixir balance instead, and extends
     elixir balance time by 1 second, up from .75.

Kaido
 - Monks now generate double the kai from their own attacks if they're
   using Kainet.

Righteousness
 - Protect now only works upon an ally.

Subterfuge
 - Shrug now requires balance and equilibrium.
 - Shrug now uses 3 seconds of balance.
 - Shrug now costs 200 endurance.
 - Removed the cooldown on Shrug.

Weaponry
 - Throwing now has an actual affect on your miss chance.

Artifacts
 - Stability has been reworked:
   * New command: STABILITY.
   * Grants the mass defence with no timer.

Misceallaneous
 - Fitness increased to 150 endurance, up from 12.
 - Bow damage from normal arrows now takes into account 50% of armor,
   up from 35%.
 - Sensitivity damage bonus increased to 40%, up from 33%.
 - Serenity, etc, now requires balance in order to use.
 - Frost, Caloric, and Venom elixir resistances lowered to 10%, down
   from 15%.
 - THROW now calculates its damage based on your dexerity, instead
   of strength.
 - THROW now applies artifact weapon rune effects, such as for
   example, serration.
 - THROW has been completely rewritten, so please submit a BUG if you
   notice something acting out of the ordinary.
 - Vanquished the evil demon global variable known as 'at'. Bwahaha!
 - Merry Christmas guys!

Penned by my hand on the 9th of Lleian, in the year 379 MA.

Discuss away!

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aww yeah! =D>
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Most of the Masteries look like they've been nerfed to hell, especially flail which now can be parried, not sure how I feel about that. Losing Conviction is a 500\damage per round nerf, so that one in particular hurts.

Losing the ability to auto-raze with longsword just makes it so we have to code it in, but I'll admit it was nice having double raze for shield and rebounding aura, which is now no longer available since blaze only does rebounding. So now, rebounding + shield takes a Templar down for 2 rounds, not 1 even in longsword mastery.

Retribution change was probably needed, though I don't play around with it much.

I'll be interested to see how the STABILITY change affects things. The javelin changes are nice, I guess, but I still feel like one side of the game is severely gimped in terms of ranged combat versus the other side, and I'm not sure this will help that.

On that note, however, I -love- the serenity change, but I know that's going to annoy a lot of bashers who use it to stay alive.

Also, not sure why Protect was changed since the reject on it didn't require or take eq\balance unlike Lust?

All in all, we'll see how things play out, and am looking forward to the Carnifex balancing that should be coming soon as the Knight classes are finally getting their attention paid.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited December 2012
    Could we get some changelogs with accurate updates on what things actually do, as opposed to phrasing? 

Bastard as an example, apparently speeds up the ticks but not the actual attack, as the line suggests, or Protect requiring THEM to have you allied, not you allying them. 

EDIT: And, any chance we could get a temporary shortening on mastery cooldown, while we begin testing this new stuff? 
  • I know Temp needed some nerfage...but ugg. I feel like they just bashed us over the head repeatedly with a stick. Masteries are now just...bleh. If they're all going to be mediocre, at least let us go back to being able to use -any- weapon for our attacks, make the weapon master thing come back.

This is part 1..so we'll see. I'm sure Aura Nerfs are the next one up.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
     - Vanquished the evil demon global variable known as 'at'. Bwahaha!

Wouldn't mind an explanation on this. :P
  • edited December 2012
    Can anyone explain the stabilty change. Is it strippable now or what? I am confused :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Stability is now strippable, yes. It doesn't require anything to put back up though.
    Mastema
  • Basically, stability completely shut out any and all mass skills, which made a lot of skills useless. With the change, there is a minor amount of play that can go into trying to strip it and then working said skills. It's still pretty nice to have though, as long as the moving damage is taken out again, which was just as beneficial as the permamass imo.
    Mastema
  • AlistaireAlistaire Las Vegas, Nevada
    Can someone actually tell us what some of these new Templar masteries do? I'm obviously slightly annoyed at big chances coming at my blind side, but I am waiting to figure out exactly what some of this means before deciding how this has actually effected us Templar.

* Flail       : The multiple iron balls cause fatigue in your target. - What is fatigue? Does this drain extra endurance when they parry?
    * Battleaxe   : Slight chance for a minor critical strike. - What kind of numbers are we talking about here for "slight"?

Also, can I please have a dualraze if I'm wielding two weapons? Please? That was the only reason I went with longswords in the first place and would really appreciate it if I could have that particular ability back.
    Daskalos
  • edited December 2012

Thank you for the answers :)

Also you take damage my brother just tested for me and got this message with his stability artifact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H:6756(100%) M:5720(100%) W:100% E:99% [csdb eb] +17e

You are breathing heavily.

H:6636(98%) M:5720(100%) W:100% E:99% [csdb eb] -120h (asphyxiation) -2e

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Shortsword mastery is loltastic. Longsword mastery only removes .5 seconds of the balance time. It'd probably be more useful it that got doubled. Mace mastery nerfed into the ground, likely because some nub didn't know how to parry them or pre-restore and cried OP. Flails 100% needed a nerf, but the new mastery is, dare I say it, completely useless. Scimitars were useless before, and barely able to outpace the moss tattoo. Don't see why they got nerfed even further into the ground. Rapier mastery is worth using, because you're bound to accidentally hit rebounding at some point. Lol 2 room Javelin tosses. Broadsword, Morningstar, and Battle axe are all 'eh'. Bastard is great for bashing, but Tempest is still pretty useless imo with aoe stuns/prones/paralysis able to stop them. 

The whole point behind Masteries was for the Templar to select a mastery that would be very beneficiary to them using -that- weapon. All of these masteries save for maybe the Rapier, Warhammer, and MAYBE the Javelin seem next to useless, really. I agree that the Longsword Mastery was strong as bat guana, but I really wouldn't say it was overpowered. The flail master was OP beyond belief, because ignoring parry off the top of any fight is loltastic. But now the flail mastery isn't even worth using. My attacks drain your endurance? Wuh oh. Better eat a phoenix heart or walk off after fighting a templar who's used flails on you for the past 10 minutes. I also found even with the old mace mastery, getting off a rupture, even on people who never parried and had horrendous bruising curing was pretty difficult. I don't ever recall being able to get anything past a moderate bruising rupture on anyone who parried, and cured bruising properly with even the old mace mastery. I was told that "You can still get a quad break on someone and switch to blades to v-lock them almost instantly". In who's world? Someone who runs firstaid? IF a templar EVER got off a quad break using maces, the person deserves to die. They wouldn't even need to switch to blades because they could likely just rupture them to death. Vorpal is okay, considering you can just vorpal before an attack and then doubleslash. The only real issue that I saw with vorpal was the fact that you could fire retribution off of it. But since retribution is now a standalone ability, why change vorpal so that you can't fire it offbal too? That just makes things unnecessarily complicated. All anyone has to do is shoot the vorpal before they dsk, instead of after. Complete silliness.

I never did understand why some game administrations that are responsible for rebalancing things (not just this game) always seem to over touch on things that need changing. Yes, flails needed to be changed mega badly. Couldn't really speak for auto-raze on longswords, because I really never had too much of a problem with even OP Bartholomew when he was running Templar. I guess because a large majority of people can't deal with something while a few can, it's suddenly okay to change it to something that everyone can handle. Anyhow, changes were made to fix these problems. At the end of the day, the changes just created even more problems -because- they decided to take something that was too powerful before, and make it completely useless rather than bringing into a place where people can reasonably deal with it. 

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."