Angwe: Riparium, Ironbeard, Cactus Weed
Tralendar: Ollin, Yudhisthira, Mushroom
Meyvitch: Duiran, Golgotha, Apple
Rou: Enorian, Galleus, boy egg
Damonicus: Arbothia, Dreikathi General, bucket
Ferrik: Aureliana, Kerrithrim, artifact

-----------------------------------

Zaephlyn: Dry Plains, Mazzion, Alcohol

Zaephlyn blinks at his paper and nods as he promptly picks up the story, "I was once wandering about through the Dry Plains, drunk as a wobbling, crooked man. Curious I was all the time, I tried to run, but couldn't, I tried to hide, but knew I shouldn't."

Zaephlyn says, "With my teapot of liquid steel in hand I looked to the skies to see the large form of an oddly shaped man, I though to myself 'What could this be, some God, some Deity??' but in my drunken stupor I did nothing but fall. I stayed there in silence staring up at the blurred figure for quite a long time until I realized it was an Ankyrean!"

Zaephlyn says, "Not just any Ankyrean, the one and only to be taught from the world of Mortals, the world of Sapience, Qeddwyn's most favored 'brother' Mazzion!"

Zaephlyn's eyes dart around to show how nervous he really is, "And I stayed upon the ground staring up at this war crazed man, sure enough, what did he do! He hit me over the head with the hilt of his weapon and stole my teapot full of liquid steel! Why oh why did he take my beloved alcohol! I was lost, more lost than before without such! I cried to the north, and rage overtook my body as I rose from the ground and dashed after him! I wanted my teapot back! It was mine!"

Zaephlyn says, "With a dash and a kick I got him! Mine teapot fell, but not so hard as to chip the beautiful surface, no for it is a Chalterian teapot! None the less filled with the strongest steel in the North! Liquid! And here today you see before you, the man who kick Mazzion in the head, within the Dry Plains, and received his Teapot filled with precious alcohol."

Zaephlyn says, "The end... or is it? He seems eager to want to beat me up in the Arena still to this day, long live the teapot! Long live the Republic! I will accept his claws against me and beat him in the name of Spinesreach whenever he wants to come back!"

"HROAGH!" Zaephlyn shouts, his voice defiant like a challenge to the Gods themselves.

---------------------------
Moirean: Saluria, Eld, Fountain

Moirean says, ""Darkness lingers in these depths," the old Rajamala told the boy, his rheumy eyes distant and fogged with cataracts. Threadbare-fur thin over quavering hands, a reedy voice reciting legends of a fountain which penned them back. Warriors, priests, mages, brave, bold, smart, strong, holding back the evil, driving back the shadows, casting their light. Heroes."

Moirean says, "The boy wanted to be a hero, though he was but a cub. Every time he heard the elder tell these stories, his heart would swell and his thoughts spin, arcing outwards in lonely, longing dreams, achingly desperate - and one day, finally, mere dreams were not enough. On that day, the boy decided he would become a hero, and so out he went, in search of the great fountain which forged the heroes of Saluria."

Moirean says, "Into the depths and into the darkness he travelled, until his steps took him to a lonely, lost city in the midst of jungle. Ruins and waste and shadows crawling over everything - and guarding the path, an eld. Fiercer than any eld before, this beast was a monster, a roiling cloud of essence and murk, spiderwebbed with power. The boy shook, frightened, and nearly fled. But....something held him back. Something made him go on."

Moirean says, "And so they fought, the boy against this creature out of nightmares, his small paws and clumsy, handmade weapons against this monster. He was wily, and clever, using trees to evade it, and vines to ensnare it, jabbing, jabbing, jabbing slowly at it over and over. Inexorably, the beast began to tire and weaken. Slowly, the creature began to die."

Moirean says, "Finally, triumphantly, the boy slew the creature, his breath ragged and his body tired. Weak and worn out, he staggered past the monster to the fountain it guarded - only to find a ruined, dried husk. An empty basin."

Moirean says, "The fountain itself had no magic. The jungle offered nothing but danger and doom - yet, mark my words....a hero had been forged that day, in the darkness."

Moirean says, "Returning to the old man, the boy was changed. Taller, stronger, braver, proud. The old man smiled, and nodded, and added the boy's name to the list of legends he recited foreverafter, another hero to inspire the others."

----------------------------------

Lulu: Tundra, Angel, Broadsword

Lulu says, "A looooong time ago their was a fallen angel who had fought many wars with his trusty broadsword and bathed in the blood of all sorts of basty beasties with big, gnashing teeth!"

Lulu says, "He looked for a something to believe in and found it in Galleus, whoes temple is hiiiiigh in the sky over the Tundra!"

Lulu says, "So he joined with a pair of other acolytes and began to climb the stairs to the temple, because they Galleus hadn't bothered to set up that thing that whips you up there just yet."

Lulu says, "So they are climbing the stairs and the angel suggests that, in order to keep themselves entertained the acolytes do fun activities. The first acolyte will sing songs on the first leg of the journey, the second acolyte will tell jokes, and then on the last stretch the angel will tell sad stories."

Lulu says, "So they continue up in this manner, with the first acolyte singing his songs until he is hoarse, the second acolyte telling jokes until nothing he said sounded funny anymore. Then it was the angel's turn!"

Lulu says, "He turned to the others and all the way down to the land below and said, 'I have the saddest stoy of all to tell... I left my offerings at the bottom of the steps.'"

Lulu says, "The end!"

---------------------------------------
Cole: Volcano, Daskalos, Underwear

Cole tugs out a cigarette from within a gold, phoenix-etched cigarette case, popping it into his mouth. He starts to search around in his pockets for something even as he begins to drawl around a slender white cigarette, "Well, I ain't never kicked an Ankyrean in th' head, an' I know I ain't nearly 's easy on th' eyes as some folks here." Not seeming to find whatever he's looking for, his nose wrinkles in consternation as he soldiers on, "Still. Hopefully y' got some time t' hear 'bout.." He pauses, peering at the words. "Feckin'-- fine. Th' story'f the underwear savin' th' volcano from Daskalos."

Cole appears to be chewing on the end of his decidedly unlit cigarette, explaining, "Ain't jes' us folks who figure on bein' heroes, 'r bein' important. An' this bit'f cloth? It ain't so different, I figure. Jes' a little bit'f cloth, with whole heaps'f spunk. An' figure y' all know th' other fellow. Real tall, lots'f shiny stuff, th' sort who hits y' an' you don't get up 'til next week. Anyhow..." He pauses, shaking his head with a small scoff of disbelief.

Cole waves his hand, apparently holding back a laugh as he continues drawling along his merry way, "--Anyhow. This unlucky piece 'f scrap? All that was left'f a little 'rean who gave't a shot. The Volcano ain't such a friendly place, an' this novice'd gotten stuck-- y'know what, nevermind. Jes' been there awhile. Well. Y' got nothin' but time, an' I figure the pair got t' talkin, volcano an' underwear. Like they do."

Cole hitches his thumbs in his beltloop, settling into a casual stance, "An' between th' two of'm, they got along real nice. But this fellah, Daskalos? 'e was a real pain for th' volcano. Treadin' all over, zappin' lightnin'r stabbin' someone. Always causin' trouble, y'know? Jes' whenever he felt like. Figure it was right rude, an' th' poor volcano ain't gonna do anythin'- what's it gonna do?" He shakes his head sadly at the plight of the poor volcano.

Cole glances towards Suresh briefly, drawling a bit faster, "Anyhow- Daskalos comes a'rumblin' down like he does. Mace'n one hand, shield'n the other, third'n fourth arm he bought't the last auction clingin' onto th' rest of his artifacts. 'Woe is me!' goes th' volcano, knowin' it's about t' get right unpleasant."

Cole waves an arm out grandly, wondering, "Any'f you gonna save 'im? Don't think so. I sure ain't- wouldn't know what t' do anyhow. But this piece'f underwear? It knew jes' th' trick. Summonin' resolve it didn't even know 't had - figure that's th' mark of a real hero, y'know...Anyhow. Summonin' that resolve, it caught a lucky breeze an' floated right'n front'f Daskalos. See, that's what y' got t' watch for, with things like that. Real sneaky, slippery-like."

Cole mimes finger-walking with his free hand, excitedly chewing his cigarette as he gets caught in the conclusion, "Whoop. Step's on th' underwear, an' up 'e goes. Flyin' through th' air, too many artifacts t' stop, he rolls right into th' lava, splash. An' y' know, he left 'is lava-proof hat't home." His hand rising to tug on a wide-brimmed hat of russet suede, he concludes his story sagely, "An' that's why I always got m' hat. Thank y' for y' time, folks."

Suresh says, "1 minute. Or are we done?"

Cole says to Suresh, "Unless y' know more'n I do about m' story? Figure we're done."

------------------------------------------
Taras: Azdun, Zsarachnor, Crystal Ball

Taras says, "Gather round, o friends, and hear tell of the great treasure of Azdun!"

Taras says, "Many a poor novice has tried to wrest this from the clutches of the foul Zsarachnor to no avail."

Taras says, "'twas foretold in time out of mind, by Seasone the witch, gazing into her crystal ball, that one would come who would liberate this great fortune from the evil vampire."

Taras says, "The witch, soothsayer extraordinaire, saw in the glass that one young novice would descend into the depths, and thence make their fortune."

Taras shakes his head sadly.

Taras says, "And so it was that generation after generation of young promising fighter, from Enorian to Duiran, met their end at the hands of Zsarachnor."

Taras says, "The vampire king grew proud, safe in the knowledge that none had bested him yet, that his great riches were safe for him to hoard. And with his pride grew complacency, for he grew sloppier and sloppier in his defences of his realm."

Taras says, "Where once a mighty fiend had ruled, now a lazy miser beat off attacks with the minimum of effort. And so it was that a young girl, recently escaped from Slaver's Isle, descended to fulfill the crystal ball's prophecy."

Taras says, "This young girl met the vampire, and faced with the vampire's wrath, bested him easily. With the last moments of his undeath, he realised his stupidity and laziness."

Taras says, "And so the girl became rich, and the prophecy was fulfilled."

Taras wipes his brow theatrically.

-------------------------------------------
Eleanor: Iernian, Ezalor, firework

Eleanor considers the words she's been given, rolling the silver cigar she holds between her fingers. "Hum," she says. "This takes me back."

Eleanor says, "Well, everyone knows about the Iernian Fracture, I imagine. Down there in the Shamtotas, yes? Interesting place."

Eleanor says, "A crack in reality is what it is, with those stakes that've been left holding everything just in place enough that Creation doesn't rip itself to shreds in that spot. Tale I've been meaning to look into, actually, how that got stitched, but that's beside the point."

Eleanor takes a short drag on the cigar, little wisps of smoke curling upward from her nostrils as she continues. "Anyway. What a place it is, eh, when you step through? All the sky aflame and the stones cracked asunder, fire and Gods-know-what-else roiling overhead and at your heels."

Eleanor says, "And of course, it's full of the Eld as well, countless numbers of them. Some of them in shrieking storms, some of them calm and still, but all of them itching to tear your face off, that's for certain."

Eleanor says, "It's an intrepid wanderer who heads down to the fracture, that's for sure. I've been there once or twice, to swing an icon over my head- Him of the Wind builds them real sturdy, you know, great for cracking things in the face."

Eleanor says, "I was elbow-deep in it, few years ago now- up on the spiral toward the center. There were others there, I'm sure of it."

Eleanor scans the crowd. "Ezalor, yes? Somewhere nearby, I'm sure of it. And my word, the Eld were thick that month, swarming and roiling like a gods-bedamned tidal wave of fury and ylem."

Eleanor says, "And you know, you can fight them as hard as you like, but when they're all mounting up like that, they seem to fiull the gaps as fast as they fall, and we were being pushed back."

Eleanor says, "Up and back, and that mighty cliff at the center was coming up and the spit of land to fight on, smaller and smaller."

Eleanor says, "Something had to be done, clear a path, right? To get away. Or else we'd have been food for the Eld, that's for certain. About the time then that I remembered I'd been mucking with bombs and whatnot, crafting, right?"

Eleanor says, "And let me tell you. Sulfur and fireworks, under pressure? They're volatile. Real volatile. I don't know how I didn't go up in the fighting, but there you go, I had a pouch of them."

Eleanor says, "And let me tell you something else, Eld? They're explosive."

Eleanor mimes lobbing something.

Eleanor says, "Threw that bag down into the mess of 'em, and FOOM."

Suresh says, "And time!"

Eleanor says, "Once the dust had settled, just me and that Ezalor chap, standing alone."

The corners of Eleanor's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Eleanor says, "Not much've a fable, but a fun campfire story, at least."

-------------------------------------
Areka: Itzatl, Warhound, Portal

Areka swigs her stein in a few circles, brow furrowing as she contemplates the beer a bit more than is really required. "A clear day, crisp wind and the rustling of grasses moved around two young hunters as they stalked a buffalo, the Tundral breeze drawing the scents of ice and winter in from the north," the Azudim says, coarse alto smoky and without much change in pitch.

With a brief sip to wet her whistle, Areka continues. "The two crept closer, sling and dirk in hand, though their prey reared and thundered off towards the lake in the Outpost, as the air hummed and rippled with the electric touch of a leyline being tapped. A thick mist settle into the space, limiting mobility and senses, save for the panic and thumping of hearts as the two youth turned to stare at each other."

Her form hunching and arms splaying outward, enough to risk spilling her drink, Areka says, "Quickly, they began to run, to find shelter from the warriors that would soon file into the space. Here, a Knight, blade glowing with fire - there, a pack of warhounds catching the scents of soon-to-be prey. They were alone and steeds were rushing in, bearing beasts and ticks and scythes upon their heads!"

Areka's large form twirls about, heavy feet thumping in her unnecessary dramatics. "They dashed east, then north, trying to escape the clangs of combat, until they found they were not where they thought they should be. The path that would take them to the Spires brought them into lush greens and muggy heat, both a shock for two plains-born Trolls."

Words slowing as her train of thought wavers, Areka says, "They wandered between large boughs and thick leaves, tripping vines and flying things, before stumbling to the Itzatl's edge of Saluria, where the scents of food and flowers caught their senses and gave them ease."

Areka says, "Peace, they found, until they realized they needed to find their way back home through the rojalli-infested forest. Good thing they still had their spears, it was a new challenge."

Suresh says, "And time!"

Areka nods twice, then drains the last of her stein.

------------------------------------------
Daskalos: Mamashi, Certimene, Letter

Daskalos clears his throat as he considers the words, a wry smile crossing his face. "Ah... I knew one day this story would come out."

Daskalos says, "So, most of you know that I've been Vanguard of Enorian a time or two in my day, and while I won't bore you with the details, I haven't -always- been a leader, though I started at an early age. But in those early days, there were lots of people who didn't trust me, who thought I was too young, to impetuous. But nothing topped the day I received a letter from Certimene telling me no more novices were coming to Enorian."

Daskalos says, "Enorian, in those days, didn't enemy vampires or necromancers or any of those other laws that now exist so freely, much to the chagrin of people like Moirean who just wants to come visit for tea on occasion."

Daskalos says, "So it came to pass that one day I wandered into the Medina, checking out Hakhim our old rat eater that later was killed by giant rats - a story for another time, perhaps, and lo and behold, a letter flew in on the wings of a dove, dropping into my hands."

Daskalos says, "Daskalos, it read, you are an idiot and an egotstical maniac and furthermore, you endanger your young by letting those infidels wander about your city. I don't know what morons put you in charge, but until you decide that city is the city of Light, I'm not sending you one more novice! In fact, I'm sending them ALL to the Druids until you fix that city, and you KNOW what happens with Fanico gets ahold of them!"

Daskalos says, "Now, you see, this concerned me greatly, because without our young, a city cannot grow. A city, in fact, cannot do anything without a population."

Daskalos says, "So I wrote back to Certimene and asked the man where he wanted to meet and he said 'in the Mamashi'"

Daskalos says, "Now, one thing you have to know about me in those days is that I wasn't much of an explorer, so I had no idea how to even GET to the Mamashi."

Daskalos says, "Needless to say, after getting lost, wandering into Spinesreach - that's why I'm enemied, mind you, I was trying to find the Mamashi - I eventually met up with Certimene."

Daskalos says, "I looked at the old boy and asked how I could fix Enorian so that I could have novices again."

Daskalos says, "And so we got to talking and it turns out that it wasn't the vampires or the necromancers or even Moirean that I had to change."

Daskalos says, "No, it was the Sentaari."

Daskalos says, "Turns out ol' Master Brachus was Certimene's old sparring partner, and Certimene holds a grudge worse than Galleus."

Daskalos says, "So we talked for a while and came up with a plan - he told me about some unsavory types in the Sentaari and I cursed Ashtan with the Sentaari. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the Sentaari, was even a secretary of the guild once upon a time, but consider this next time you think those monks favor balance."

Daskalos says, "Certimene refused to send novices to Enorian because of 'em, and they went to Ashtan and now they're gone too. Just sayin', those monks may pretend to be good, but at their core, they're pure evil."

Daskalos says, "And that is the story of why the Sentaari are no longer in Enorian."

Daskalos quickly ducks down, looking at Kerryn in alarm.

Suresh says, "Didn't Duiran get destroyed some time after Sentaari showed up there, too?"

Daskalos says, "Indeed."

Daskalos says, "They are the harbingers of destruction."

------------------------------------
Xenia: Bloodloch, Moirean, Cauldron

Xenia clears her throat, and nods, "The year 400 festival is happening, and I think that's as good an excuse as any to talk about my favorite drunken pasttime. No, it's not dice, or cards, or even that old classic: Saying Things I'll Soon Regret. My favorite drinking tradition is the morning after telling of Drunk Stories. Nobody spins a vomit-soaked yarn as vigorously as a Spirean. So this, ladies and gentleman, is a tale of how I lost my titles."

Xenia says, "So there I was, standing in Bloodloch, looking for some old vampire, considering if I should be asking em if they want to drink. Normally, this wouldn't even be a quesiton in mind. However, this was not an ordinary day, in fact, this was not an ordinary few couple of days!"

Xenia shuffles about, squaring her shoulders, "Now anyone that's spent a night with me spends a night with Liquid Steel. And no, that's no metaphor, I'm talking about that kula nut laced, alcoholic embrace, forged in steel taste. That's right, I'm talking about Liquid Steel!"

Xenia says, "Now what's that to do with this story, you ask, well, I'm getting there!" 

Xenia says, "So there I was in Bloodloch, looking for some vampire, I don't remember the name, because well, the worst had happened."

Xenia says, "That's right, the SPires had run out of booze. Ok, so there was still stuff on the shelves, but come on, do I look like a girl that would stray from her drink? Nope, I'm loyal. Me and the Steel, we are forever."

Xenia says, "As a side note, this was well before the fountain had been constructed to prevent things like this from happening."

Xenia says, "So there I was looking for this vampire cus I heard he had the last flask of Liquid Steel."

Xenia says, "And well, I needed it. I was starting to get the shakes!"

Xenia says, "Well I found that old vampire after wondering the tunnels for days, and I was in a mess. I needed the drink."

Xenia says, "However, he was not in any mind to just give it up, so he challenged me to a drinking contest for it. Well if you know the carnifex we have to drink to win, well I lost. So Moirean showed up with a cauldron after I died and well, I lost my titles."

Xenia says, "It wasn't a pretty sight, but on the plus side, I got to drink from the flask of Liquid Steel."

Xenia says, "The end."

--------------------------------------------
Angwe: Riparium, Ironbeard, Cactus Weed

Angwe says, "T'was an epic tale, I'm sure, but I can't tell it to you. Last I remember was seeing the bottom of too many cocktail glasses."

Angwe says, "What we're assuming was th' next day: I feel warm water surrounding me, though, thankfully I'd eaten my pear that month. I hear something nearby. Singing. A bright light is shining on th' other side of my eyelids."

Angwe says, "Warmth. A body, pressed against mine. The feel of something rough against my cheek. Whiskers?"

Angwe says, "I open my eyelids, hoping to find a mermaid lying next to me. And there is! A bearded mermaid."

Angwe says, "We're in a room. Unfamiliar. A stone 'bed' of some sort. Across the room, a bearded figure sits. He's holding some sort of lantern. Somehow, this lantern is burning underwater. He's grinning like a loon."

Angwe says, "I sit up, trying to see who this figure is behind th' glare of the lantern. The bearded woman stirs. Moans and wakes. Takes one look at me and jets off in a cloud of bubbles. The bearded figure sits silent, a chuckling silhouette."

Angwe says, "I demand an explanation. I beg, plead. My hands are bound and I can't move. The figure stirs. Approaches my helpless, prone form."

Angwe says, "The last thing I hear before it all goes dark is, "Special boys deserve special ends.""

Angwe sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

Angwe says, "...And that was the day I met Aren."

"Done," Angwe announces.

----------------------------------------------
Tralendar: Ollin, Yudhisthira, Mushroom

Tralendar says, "Ah, the great tale of the Yudhi rampage."

Tralendar says, "Once, way back in the day."

Tralendar says, "When I was young, only a century and a half or so in age, many a loud vampire felt the need to proclaim their stupidity to the realms."

Tralendar says, "Now you may think these sorts of issues would fix themselves."

Tralendar says, "As many of us are more prone to silence people ourselves than wait for some natural event to occur."

Tralendar says, "But fun always happens when these events do occur."

Tralendar says, "Well I was minding my own business when the stupidity begins as I usually do."

Tralendar says, "If my memory serves, it was Lucimal, ever known for such acts that started shouting at the top of his lungs."

Tralendar says, "Something about challenging the most powerful among us to a challenge of wits."

Tralendar says, "For those that don't know, Lucimal was LOUD."

Tralendar says, "But one took him up on that offer."

Tralendar says, "That would be Yudhi."

Tralendar says, "When Yudhi answers a challenge, he's loud in doing so."

Tralendar says, "For whatever reason Lucimal decided to ask me for advice on what to do as Yudhi approached."

Tralendar says, "Not really sure why he came to me, but never a person to let an opportunity pass, I told him the real challenge was to find a way to make his trip for naught."

Tralendar says, "It was a forgone conclusion that he was dead."

Tralendar says, "So the trip would only be for naught if Lucimal managed to off himself first."

Tralendar says, "As many of you know, there is a series of caves over in Ollin."

Tralendar says, "Full of all sorts of nasty little critters."

Tralendar says, "But also home to some mushrooms that are not at all good for your digestive tract."

Tralendar says, "I told Lucimal that he must use the next few minutes to gorge himself of as many of them as possible within the caves of ollin."

Tralendar says, "I did not tell him that they aren't lethal, just make you sick."

Tralendar says, "So I watched him consume large amounts of these, incapacitating himself."

Suresh says, "40 seconds."

Tralendar says, "As yudhi rumbled into the caves, Lucimal was in a pool of his vomit on the floor."

Tralendar says, "And was quickly incinerated in his state."

Tralendar bows respectfully.

Suresh says, "Time!"

--------------------------------------
Meyvitch: Duiran, Golgotha, Apple

Meyvitch says, "Once upon a time, as all good stories start, there was a young man named Kiyotan? Young, I mean old. He has a beard as white as snow and much tangled. One day, he grew an apple tree in it."

Meyvitch says, "It wasn't much thought out. He liked Duiran, for all its trees and mysteries. He wanted to carry a piece of it with himself at all times."

Meyvitch says, "One day, as he was eating an apple, a giant demon crow attacked Duiran. All was in a state of alarm!"

Meyvitch throws his arms up. "Save us! Save us, oh sentinels, oh druids! The demon bird has come to eat us!" And Kiyotan, like all good warriors, threw down his snack and took up his weapons. But alas, a small seed got stuck in his beard.

Meyvitch says, "And that seed grew. And when the rains hit, it was watered. And when he was careless with his food, it got dirt...and other unmentioable things over the years. And it grew."

Meyvitch says, "At last, when Kiyotan went into sleep for awhile, the seed took the opportunity to grow some more. It grew into a fine old apple tree."

Meyvitch gestures high over his head, making tree-like branch movements. Then he starts clawing at the air. "And it took over his body! Flinging apples everywhere, like a one-man apple-ball wrecking catapult!"

Meyvitch says, "And Kiyotan woke up and said, "what is this apple flinging freak I have become!" And he took his dhurive and chopped up the tree and gave the tree to the core, and the apples to the cooks, who whipped up the most delicious pie ever tasted in Duiran. Except people who ate it kept finding piece of his beard in the crust. And from then on, Kiyotan kept his beard a lot more neatly, lest he become an apple-flinging freak once more.""

Meyvitch peers about himself suspiciously.

Meyvitch says, "The end."

Areka

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Rou: Enorian, Galleus, boy egg

Rou says, "Weeeell... My lust for boy eggs is probably well known at this point, and before they were made so available here at the festival I would often search far and wide throughout the land."

Heaving a sigh, Zaephlyn applies his face to his palm.

Rou clears his throat a bit before continuing. "So one day my travels had brought me to Enorian, where I had heard several boy eggs might have been tucked away somewhere." He looks over at Daskalos with a wink, "You know what I'm talking about."

Rou says, "But, it turns out I was wrong.. That, or I simply could not find them. So I decided to look elsewhere and I chose to travel north."

"Well, the point of the story.." Rou says with a slight grin, "I suppose I've found a more permanent source of boy eggs that I can always claim as my own."

Suresh says, "1 minute."

Rou clears his throat and says, "The end."

Rou lets out a long "Mmhmm...", his eyebrows arched in pleasure.

-----------------------------------------------
    Damonicus: Arbothia, Dreikathi General, bucket

Damonicus says, "So my story starts as all great stories do, the beginning."

Damonicus says, "There I was in Arbothia, dodging crazy servants left and right. Curses being yelled and fists thrown like no other."

Damonicus says, "Eventually I make it to the bed chamber of Colette, the wife of the evil Marcello."

Damonicus says, "Now, not knowing why she was there I ask if she requires assistance, being the kind soul I am."

Damonicus smirks.

Damonicus says, "During this time, I hear even louder cursing and shouting from beyond the castle walls."

Damonicus says, "A Dreikathi General screaming to the heavens about how he was on fire. Now thinking quickly, I took the bucket underneath Cotelle's bed and rushed out the gates. Dodging and weaving through the mad house."

Damonicus says, "I make it through the city walls out to where he is standing and threw the contents of the bucket onto him. He stands there in shock and awe, and asks what was that. As I look down at the bucket in my hand and the drenched Dreikathi General, I laugh and say. Well, they've said they would never give a piss about you, but it looks like in the end, they did."

Damonicus says, "The moral of the story, sometimes it is better to just burn."

Damonicus says, "The end."

--------------------------------
    Ferrik: Aureliana, Kerrithrim, artifact

Ferrik shifts his eyes from side to side suspiciously.

Reaching up with his squat little arms, Ferrik attempts to rearrange his top hat as he huffs and puffs, mumbling to himself something to the extent of, "Okay. You got this."

Nervously or perhaps eagerly, Ferrik rubs his claws together, throwing a glance around to those present.

Ferrik lets loose a guttural rasp, reminiscent of something primal as he clears his throat. "The ancient elder prophets cried out, "Darkness! Darkness is!" Frantically thundering out their temple and down their town's main road as fast as their crooked and decrepit little legs could carry them of course." he begins, ominously wiggling his claws before him. "Recalling back whatever prophecies and legends they had foretold to their people."

"Oh yes these prophecies had been told and spread by many many generations past throughout the years. Every. Single. Person." Ferrik ticks off on his claws, "Had at one point in their lives heard them."

Drawing a slow grating breath and throwing up his claws, Ferrik says, "But alas! There they were crying out, "Darkness is!" and none but a few of the townspeople gathered. "Oh here we go again! It's that time again." the naysayers bemoaned."

Ferrik hunkers down to the ground on all fours, swaying back and forth as he leans into the crowd with narrowed eyes, "The congregation followed them down as they raced across the spidering roads, wondering and returning their calls, "Is it true?! O great prophet? Say it is not so! So they prepared as best they could, grabbing whatever artifacts they had stockpiled for this journey."

Making his talons click on the ground as they draw and walk a path, Ferrik continues, "Further and further round their village as hecklers and heathens crossed their paths, pelting fruits their way, "Doomsayer!" they called after them. "Darkness! Darkness is!" they answered as peaches and pears rained down on them.

Picking up pace, Ferrik says, "As soon as these prophets had gathered enough of a crowd, friend or foe, they set out to the lands beyond! On to the Aureliana forests. They faced the elements, marching on through cold and heat, but their peaches and pears were sweet."

Tail idly scraping the ground as it twitches from side to side, Ferrik gesticulates wildly, "But coming down the road, there the prophets slowed. Standing before a dark, looming cave, their cries finally grew silent. With the villagers all huddled up in their wake, they mumbled and muttered.

"Is this. Is this where Darkness lives?" the villagers' wondered with fear in their voices. Ferrik turns to eye Suresh, "But as if to answer, from deep within the cave a sound roared forth from the yawning dark. A giant ripping and rumbling sound! This terrified all those present.

With a slight grunt, Ferrik pushes himself up off the ground, sitting upright on his hind legs. "Well you see.." he motions with a claw, "From that darkness in the cave, came forth a figure. - The prophets cringed and winced before the sight, as they shrieked and cried once more, "Darkness! Darkness is!"

In a low voice, Ferrik says, "There was that ripping sound roaring forth again! The figure hunched. And then! At the mouth of the cave stood the Almighty Kerrithrim, gloating and laughing at the gathered crowd. "DARKNESS!" came a prophet's cry, "Darkness is!" another followed."

Folding his claws together, Ferrik says, "They stepped forward, "Home to the great Kerrithrim!" the monster finished the cry at last. He roared and stepped forth and ate all but one of the villagers. "You there!" he pointed, "Tell your folks to shut up next time. I'm trying to sleep." and he turned into the cave, a bellow brought down a rockslide to block the entrance."

Ferrik nods his maw sagely, reaching up claim his top hat and take a short bow, "The end."
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    This was a lot of fun! It was tough trying to do something cohesive in 8 minutes with no prep, the time and my tendency to wax verbose were a good challenge. 
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Watching this was one of the most fun things I've ever seen in Aetolia. Wonderful show, guys! I loved the stories.
    Vidget
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'm definitely stealing this idea for Spirean city events. It was really fun and I loved seeing all the things people came up with. I'm already thinking of fun variants, too, where we have to around and add to the story or take a drink each time someone mentions a certain word or or or or eeeee.
    Xenia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Tipping Ferrik to win, he was grand! My story was naff, I mucked around too much at the start.

• That looks like so much fun, wish I could have been on for it!
  • I had traded Golgotha and got Kiyotan. that story was utter crap. But I liked Cole's!

I'm doing a storytelling contest for eireachadus later, in the next few days.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    I thought @Ferrik had won without a doubt, actually kinda surprised at the results. But the winners were all very deserving and IMO the top 3 were quite a bit ahead of the rest.
  • WTF Angwe!
    EzalorTrigruDaskalos
  • This was so much fun! Heavily adrenaline-fueled, but fun! I tried my best. I concur with possible ideas of reiterations.

I would also like to say thank you guys for all the compliments, you surprised me.. I actually thought some were trolling at first >.>

Kudos to all those who participated, whether you won or not. I am certain most experienced that same frantic 'Ohlawd -flap- typedy-typedy-typedy' feeling.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Blame Daskalos for the ending :p