My Little Pony

ArbreArbre Arbrelina JolieBraavos
This discussion was created from comments split from: Year 400 Celebration!.

Comments

• Are the festival mounts killable? I've heard both ways...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Macavity
  • Rivas said:
    Are the festival mounts killable? I've heard both ways...
    Yes. As a side note, they have higher HP pools than all other vendor sold mounts in the game at this time.
  • I don't mean for this to sound rude (though I acknowledge that it might sound that way), but...why?

Usually when mounts are killed, it's either 1) because they're similarly named to something else in that area that you're bashing (which obviously wouldn't be a case with these fellas), or 2) you forgot you left it out somewhere and some unicorn came upon it and decided to douche it up and get grieftastic and kill it. I'm guessing the only way these guys are dying is if they're not in the same room as their owners.

Why the higher HP pools if there's not some kind of "Your mount is being attacked!" kind of alert to complement it?

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Rivas said:
    I don't mean for this to sound rude (though I acknowledge that it might sound that way), but...why?

Usually when mounts are killed, it's either 1) because they're similarly named to something else in that area that you're bashing (which obviously wouldn't be a case with these fellas), or 2) you forgot you left it out somewhere and some unicorn came upon it and decided to douche it up and get grieftastic and kill it. I'm guessing the only way these guys are dying is if they're not in the same room as their owners.

Why the higher HP pools if there's not some kind of "Your mount is being attacked!" kind of alert to complement it?

while I 100% agree mounts should not be kill able at all!  but the thing to remember and even I have a hard time doing is

A) the mounts are a gold sink
    B) there are credit mounts that can be bought or even customized to what you want
    C) the bits are there to save it from one kill
    D) this game has to make money
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited September 2013
    -Normal- mounts are a gold sink. These mounts are bought with a very large amount of festival tickets (and there's more than one way to earn them without spending -any- gold), and I imagine that the ticket opportunities (and possibly the mount shop itself) will be GONE once the festival is over.

So yeah, there's runed bits to help them stay alive, but I'm not keen on spending 200 star-stamped tickets (they're the most expensive thing in the Festival so far) PLUS an (albeit very cheap) artifact on a mount that I likely won't be able to replace if it does end up getting killed.

I get gold sinks, I do. I have no problem with the exotic mount shop in the wild where each mount costs something like 200k gold, that's totally cool. I need to get one of those one of these days. I just don't get why irreplaceable, unique mounts wouldn't either be unkillable, or have some type of special "Your mount calls to you in danger from across the land" feature, y'know?

Aryanne
  • Rivas said:

This would be nice honestly.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, I never buy anything other than donkeys, since I PK and lose mounts.
  • Rivas said:
    I don't mean for this to sound rude (though I acknowledge that it might sound that way), but...why?
    You should expect to see a "your mount is gettin' carved up like a side of ham" message down the road.
    AngweMoireanMastemaXavinRivasAryanne
    I like that addition, but most mounts are killed either while you are riding it (they aren't crit immune; Dask 1-shot my elephant) or while you are in death sequence.
  • Mounts were made crit immune not that long ago. If they aren't, it's definitely a bug. I just checked the war elephants and they definitely are. 
    Ah this was a few months back. That's a really good change!
    The other issue with the message being sent that our mounts are being killed is that in cases of Illidan, its being killed while we are dead and trying to revive our corpses.  With this it does no good to get the message but to watch and get mad as the mount dies.  

I request that a new skill be made in horesmanship where it can be a def in which the mount will run or escape from the attacker.  Much like in Animation with Golems in ab animation escape.  Make the health low like 25% like golems do and so long as the crit immune is there for all mounts then it wont be killed but simply either run off to another room or to the stable it was set at.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Or make it a stable upgrade. And maybe sell bits at stables. And brushes. And saddlebags. And spa treatments. Really, I just want stables to do more. >_<
    MacavityAngwe
    Moirean said:
    Or make it a stable upgrade. And maybe sell bits at stables. And brushes. And saddlebags. And spa treatments. Really, I just want stables to do more. >_<
    I can see this for our personal stables in the Havens, like for added haven points for upgrades
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited September 2013
    @Haern: Can we have that be the exact message?

Also, bits being able to be purchased from all stables that sell mounts would be nice.

Aryanne
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Rivas the snow wight essence mount dies too. It's safe to just assume every mount that wasn't bought with credits is killable. Which is fair, even as expensive as the general mounts get they still aren't close to as expensive as the credit ones.
  • Even credit mounts can be killed. They take an hour to reappear. The only mounts that -cannot- be killed are pet mounts with the unkillable power.

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    Well that's what I meant, the respawn. The snow wight essence mounts etc don't respawn.

@Macavity what you are suggesting is exactly what the credit bit does, except your version is free.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Could just add the Collar of Lupus kind of artifact. I think it is something like 150 credits and attachable to any pet/loyal/mount (with a few restrictions) which makes the mob respawn after a while if it is killed.
  • Don't have horsemanship, personally, but I do have to say that I think it is rather hilarious to see big heroes riding donkeys and diseased ponies into combat ( more diseased ponies plz XD ).
    Rawr