Year 400 Celebration!

Discuss goodies, questions, etc!

Of course Idlebeard goodies!

What the purpose of the golden ticket weapons/armor is (non-decay, or just custom designs)?

Post liar's dice and Storytelling logs (preferably pastebin, or pastehtml logs, rather than directly in the thread plz.)

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I have tried to beat the wrestler something like 40 times without success. :(

I even took my shirt off and was _saucy_.

TrigruIosyne
  • Yea, I don't know about the games. The only one that seems to be lucrative is the cups game, which costs 50 gold. The 500 gold games got me one ticket in dozens of attempts. 
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've lost against the wrestler 1 time and that was because I had no idea what to do the first time around. Now I've won a lot of tickets there. It's kind of awesome!

• Vharen said:
    This does not impress the Golbans of Helba.
    Maghak
  • Haern said:
    Vharen said:
    This does not impress the Golbans of Helba.
    Then why did he call me pretty, HUH?

• I haven't done the wrestling thing because it seems to be perma-occupied. :P
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    ALL OF THE TICKETS AND ARM WRESTLING. AREKA FLEXES. SHE SHOWS OFF HER MUSCLES. IT IS GOOD. 
    Minarael
  • Vharen said:
    Then why did he call me pretty, HUH?
    Pretty ugly.
    Angwe
  • Haern said:
    Pretty ugly.

TrigruArbre
  • edited September 2013
    Yeah the wrestler needs a cool down, last night it was like bot-fest 2013 with the same person(s) nonstop on it. In a 30 min block I got one shot, vs their over 9000 zillion :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Vharen
    As if the cup and ball thing isn't always occupied?

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited September 2013
    As just discussed with Vharen - right now the options to get the prizes ARE to grind. It's 2000 blue tickets to get a minipet. I'd say put a cooldown and up the amounts of tickets you get with things, so that it's accessible (especially to casual players). 

Edit: The strength test (500 gold a pop) gave me one blue/common ticket when I won, and the polemarch game didn't give anything. If these (with higher gold investment and lower chance to win) were to give 5-10 gold tickets with the rare win, I'd be more than happy to dump gold into them. 
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    edited September 2013
    I'll be going through the attractions later and doing three things

a) Equalizing their chances so the ticket gain should be about equal
    b) Equalizing gold-to-ticket ratio
    c) Adding a queue to each attraction. You can't play until it's your in the queue, and you need to rejoin after your game is finished. Leaving the room will remove you from the queue.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Regarding point c, I can see that getting really tiring fast - maybe you could just have the game messages only be shown to the person playing, and let multiple people play at once (I know for the polemarch game, at least, this is possible).
    edited September 2013
    I can look into that, but it pretty much means having to recode the entire attraction.

Plus, I also feel that hidden 3p messages would remove a lot of the atmosphere.
    MacavityRivasTeani
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    For the vakmut races, the betting is supposed to go by color, but you don't actually see what colors are in the race until after the betting ends and you start watching the race itself.
    You can look at INFO HERE or LOOK at the room and it'll tell you what colour hounds there are.
    Seems a rather frustrating tone has been set for the PK games. So much for being able to get some fun combat in.
    Infin
  • Idlebeard!

..1 Hazelnut chocolate.
    Can you slow down the start timer for the races by like a minute or two? I went afk for literally 2 minutes after waiting 15 minutes for it to start and missed the entire race. :(
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    I've found people to be pretty civil in the most popular attraction, actually, setting up lines and everything. An in-game queue would be awesome though.

As far as the Bloodbath...that was frustrating on more sides than just one. No teaming was planned; my personal experience was walking around getting vibes and singularities dropped on me every time I tried to fight someone, people running away nonstop, etc. It ended up in me simply attacking anyone I saw regardless of how many other people were in the room because a 1v1 fight was impossible to find; even when one was actually set up it'd always get interfered with one way or another. Xemnas was the only person I got a real 1v1 out of without constantly running or outside interference.

It did end up devolving into teaming pretty much since the Bloodlochians weren't attacking each other until the end and there were so few targets otherwise.
    Yeah, uhh, the teaming was intentional:

I was getting teamed by a group of you and -
    You tell *, "You guys are dumb, look at the points."
    You tell *, "You just gave Ison more points."
    * tells you, "More for city points."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited September 2013
    We did try to give Bloodloch the win yeah. We went in originally with the intention of not fighting other Bloodlochians till the end which ended up turning out pretty badly because there were so few other targets that it ended up being several people on each one.

I tried to find a 1v1 with every non-BLian in that event, Xemnas was the only one I managed to get one with. I ended up just trying to hit anyone I walked in on that wasn't from BL, there were usually other BL people there too though.

Introducing a city motivation to it that went beyond simple every-man-for-their-own-interest did indeed make that event pretty bleh. No denying that we went in with the intention of having Bloodloch win but we didn't go in with the intention to team everyone, even if the results did end up turning out that way. We played to win as a city first then as individuals after which ended up skewing this style of event.
  • Razmael said:
    I can look into that, but it pretty much means having to recode the entire attraction.

Plus, I also feel that hidden 3p messages would remove a lot of the atmosphere.

Might want to look at the "Test your Might" attraction, cause it's not showing any 3p messages at all.

Also, a general frustration:
    [spoiler]showbug 8642
    Bug #8642   Reported by: Rivas
    2013/09/07 02:39:11: I tried to start a new "test your might" game before the first one ended, and now it's frozen on me.
    --[Comments]--
    Rivas: 2013/09/07 03:23:41
    I can't do ANY attractions now, apparently.[/spoiler]

Helllllllllllllllllllllllp I brooooooooooooooooooke it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• Well, I only wandered about briefly last night, and at that time, pretty much the -only- game getting attention was arm wrestling. So I had the ball game all to myself. But after dumping a stupid amount of gold into the whack-a-polemarch and strength game, I gave up and went to bed and haven't been back. 

imageimage
  • I've bought a lot of tiles.....

• Whoever wrote Ordinary Bloke... I applaud you.
    AarbrokAngwe
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Thank you to the Caentoi for the dance after the song....
    Made me smile after a long day at work!
    Sessizlik
  • Most of the attractions are fun... Til you turn up and have to wrestle with the idlebots just to get a turn... kind of disappointing in that aspect!

MastemaInfin
    Love the atmosphere in Delve. It's not a dead city with a few players in it, it's bustling of life! I've heard comments about it being spammy, but seriously, it actually makes it feel like you're one in the crowd even if you're the only character there.

Much love to the one speaking for the wrestler. It was a lot of fun, first mobpos I've seen in a very long time and they are -always- appreciated. Keep it up, guys! You're doing a fantastic job!