Carnifex Logs

Decided to add a few logs here to get advice, as Carnifex have gotten worse and many of us have just given up trying. In fact in the last year we have lost 90% of our fighters because the class is just bad in general. So I encourage others to dump their Carnifex spars here to compare styles, that way we can work on finding solutions while we wait.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™

Comments

• edited September 2013

Most of my fights recently have been with Riluo to try and get use to being afflicted at more. I never win, but I do not mind losing to him as I get to tweak things here and there.

Bloodborn vs Carnifex:

http://www.logsty.com/logs/SD14w

http://www.logsty.com/logs/S3C8X

http://www.logsty.com/logs/DBTq3

Carnifex vs Carnifex:

http://www.logsty.com/logs/hayzE

http://www.logsty.com/logs/TKydl

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    From an outsider's view, seems like speedknight tactics should work great for you guys. At 8% soul, you hit faster than I do as a Dex Sentinel, but, ugh if you guys don't lose soul fast when you get hindered. And it looks like stupidity is as much of an offense killer for you as it can be for me. How many commands do y'all have to send on a balance?
  • edited September 2013

wipe, envenom, pole spinslash, soul discern on every combo, as well as order hound if it is not on initiative.  

As for the speed I am using the fastest halberd I can get Damage: 108  Penetration: 120  Speed: 177   and fighting as dex so I can get speeds. But overall once hindered we are screwed.

• I don't bother with wipe or soul discern, and I leave hound on initiative. Also drop your halberd speed down to about 165 and bump the pen up to compensate - a speed of over 165 hits a major curve from what testing I did.

I don't wipe because whatever I envenom is going over that anyway, so unless I spam-envenom, there's not much point. And you can always just wipe off balance. Also soul discern doesn't matter because there's not a whole lot you need to know about how much soul you've stolen - if you've stolen 1% or 10%, the net result is the same: you swing a bit faster.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I like using soul discern. It lets me know if I've lost soul or have forgotten to turn on soul thirst (because our silly mechanic only works if we have a strippable, short term, hard-eq defence activated!) and easily lets me know if I'm getting anywhere, basically. Also, it lets me know if I can use soul control or not.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited September 2013
    I believe he is checking soul and an instant kill they have when they have so much soul, though I cannot remember the skill name

Edit:

I found it....Soul Reave   ab deathlore reave
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • edited September 2013

I only discern because I setup a thing that fires reave if I collected 30 soul, and they have paralysis, prone 2x broken legs etc. But I might remove it for now, I just don't know!!!!

EDIT: this seems to be a better balance.  Damage: 110  Penetration: 138  Speed: 163

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Soul reave isn't an instant kill. It's cleave. Soul drain speeds up the channel.
    Mastema
  •  Any other Carnifex going to post spars -hint hint- so we can compare tactics.

• ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Have there been changes to Carnifex since these logs?

• Yes, we got a significant overhaul to how deathlore/our offense works. Now we are lock/momentum based and we have a...Cheesy limb route to fall back on. You looking for logs or specifics?

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    Toz said:

Yes, we got a significant overhaul to how deathlore/our offense works. Now we are lock/momentum based and we have a...Cheesy limb route to fall back on. You looking for logs or specifics?

You have any ideas for making the limb route less cheesy and more viable on a whole? I'm open to using some of my classleads next round to help out with that if you want.
    Erebos
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    I would like a log and breakdown of every class kill route eventually,  but I'm working on collecting what I can from the logs already posted.

I may be going about this the wrong way.. but I'm too small yet to collect the data the old-fashioned way.

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    @Erebos : Reach out to people who both use the class and fight against the class. You'll get a balanced perspective. Some people tend to be a wee bit secretive about logs specifically because it can reveal how their system works or handles certain things. It's actually why I wanted to create help files describing how the kill routes for each class works, just in case no one is actively using the class at the time and to handle these sorts of questions.
  • Seir said:
    Yes, we got a significant overhaul to how deathlore/our offense works. Now we are lock/momentum based and we have a...Cheesy limb route to fall back on. You looking for logs or specifics?
    You have any ideas for making the limb route less cheesy and more viable on a whole? I'm open to using some of my classleads next round to help out with that if you want.
    Crush needs a significant rework but it's balanced oddly in that if you make crush weak the entire thing falls apart - Carnifex has a rather uninspiring limb route until you steal some soul. Once you can crush though, your salve pressure skyrockets to an absurd level. Traditionally that means people just wait for you to hit, then hook (fast prone) then crush (fast salve pressure). The counter is to just stand there but...That seems silly to me. I had report 2248 ready to go a few rounds ago but I didn't get a chance to invest as much time/testing into it as I wanted so I didn't submit this round. It needs a way to punish preresto since there is a pretty potent burst limb damage option in frailty (double limb on next hit), but it can't have anything like that until crush gets fixed.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz