Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Kiyotan said:

- Rather than being forced to execute SPEAK (language) every time, perhaps a person could be allowed to add a flag to normal speaking commands to change the language. For example, executing SAY IN ATAVIAN Hi gives: You say, in Atavian, "Hi." Obviously all language requirements continue to apply.

This please.
    KiyotanInfin

• Usage: CITYENEMIES ALL|DORMANT|<search phrase>

I'd like it added to have CITYENEMIES AWAKE as well.

If there's already a way to do this, pleeeaaaseee tell me.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    That seems like a way to circumvent being off the who list / away from general finding skills.

If you wanna know if they're around, make a script of the ones you -know- are active and care about, and have it run every so often to farsee them or something.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • No no no. Not for who's -online-. For the ones that -aren't- Dormant. I.e. Active. To you know..find the ones that are active.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Oh.

Yeah, go ahead. Guilds have it, but it's not accurate, at all. The active Daru is a list of thirty six people, and I can tell you without a doubt that there are at -best- ten active people. Six, if you don't count Dain/Kylan/Nola/Aithinne, who've been active at least as long as I've been playing aetolia.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    "Active" means anyone who's been online in the past 30 days. 
    Haven
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Please add CONFIG PROMPT YLEM to show personal ylem reserves D:
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    LinXavinMalakAxai
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Not sure if this is already possible but... can we make/buy guild or city owned artifacts? It'd be pretty cool I think if a guild or city could make an artifact or three that'll reset to the current leadership.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DaskalosArbre
  • Orgs can't own artifacts :-/

Xavin said:
    Orgs can't own artifacts :-/
    Sure they can!

Templars get Yanda's Golden Gauntlet of the Protector.
    Ascendril get the Crystal Scepter of the Enlightened.
    Daru get the Dragonheart Necklace.
    Atabahi get the Hellfang Necklace.
    Bahkatu get the Windsong Earrings.
    Sentinels get Huwald's Boots of Courage.
    Indorani get the Twisted Crown of the Damned
    Cabalists get the Prism of Fate.

The list can go on! Give the artifacts the 'stalwart' privilege for guilds so that the artifact may be assigned to a certain rank and above that need not worry of the item resetting on them.
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Syssin already have a fancy bow, so yeah, why not.
  • I was around harvesting rocks, then I thought since I have quick_harvest from the gloves. Why isn't harvesting rocks considered as plants with the gloves? You harvest both but you only benefit from harvesting plants. Is it possible to have it benefit both or add some power to it like quick_enchant is for enchanters? ....Well enough of my idea, I thought I would put it out there.
    HavenAmara
    Lin said:
    I know the Infernals had a special longsword but its stats were horrible and did nothing special beyond not being able to decay and resetting to a specific room. Is the fancy bow useful outside of role-play?

I ask because the point of my idea was to make useful guild/city artifacts that organizations could purchase for credits or something. Not just fancy role-play items.

Example: Syssin fancy bow of shadows - wielder's arrows bypass icewalls (250cr), wielder gets +1 STR (whatever that'd normally cost), etc.

There'd be a limit on these artifacts and their abilities but it'd be a nice bonus/reward for leadership and stuff.
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Actually yeah, before the reforging change, it was equivalent to a level 2 artifact bow. It was kind of awesome. Now it's just a regular ol' bow. Hardly useless though!
  • Let me rephrase. The admin have said no to allowing orgs to buy artifacts in the past. There is nothing stopping an org from having a special item crafted for rp purposes or created by their patron - if it is something less mundane.. Why do they need to be artifacts? Why do they need to have 'special benefits'?

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Hell, I'd just like org-owned casks.
    AmaraDamonicusLinArekaErzsebet
  • edited December 2012
    A SHOPINCALL command that will put all cacheables (in your inventory) in the shop cache. Similar to INCALL. But for shops. Unless I'm being all derpy and there is a similar command I don't know about.
    AldricArbreHavenAmaraXavinElwynDaskalos
  • Periluna said:
    A SHOPINCALL command that will put all cacheables (in your inventory) in the shop cache. Similar to INCALL. But for shops. Unless I'm being all derpy and there is a similar command I don't know about.
    ^^^^ This so much. You have to go through and shopinc all (plant) but I'd love to have a shopincall to put everything that can go into the cache. A lot of shop owners keep a surplus on the floor for herbs and having to go through with each herb is a pain. Please2behavingthis.

imageimage
  • Being able to use Monk Jumpkick, to attack someone in the same room if you are flying above said room.

And since flying mounts can gallop, can flying people dash?
  • Is there any way we could get a COINS FOR SALE market?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    KonnornKiyotan
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Lin said:

Atabahi already have a fanged torc....just saying

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Could we have the Gem of Transmutation allow vampires to change between Sapivi, Insidiae, and Phreneses as well? Or introduce a new artifact that allows that.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited January 2013

Change the wheel so that when you get multiple crit hits\double xp\et cetera they chain instead of just... resetting the timer. I hit 4 of the crit hits in a row and am only getting the benefit of one :(

OR Make it a chained luck wheel, so like... you get Crit Bonus, you roll it again it gives you Extended Crit Bonus+Extra Damage to mobs, you roll it again it gives you Extended Crit Bonus + Extra Damage to Mobs + Damage Reduction.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

DamonicusInfin
    Daskalos said:

Change the wheel so that when you get multiple crit hits\double xp\et cetera they chain instead of just... resetting the timer. I hit 4 of the crit hits in a row and am only getting the benefit of one :(

OR Make it a chained luck wheel, so like... you get Crit Bonus, you roll it again it gives you Extended Crit Bonus+Extra Damage to mobs, you roll it again it gives you Extended Crit Bonus + Extra Damage to Mobs + Damage Reduction.

SHARE DAT WEALTH!
    havenbanner2
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013
    Since there's a mechanic to prevent class trollery such as Bloodlochian Shamans and Duiranite Vampires, there could be a mob (Perhaps Certimene) that sells class to anyone who wants it. There would be a small fee being anywhere between 10-30 credits or even a chunk of gold for anyone who wants to learn from him. That would be the upside from being apprenticed by someone in the guild, in which case it would be free.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LunaArekaAldricLinMastemaHavenAmaraAlexinaAngwePerilunaEleanorErzsebetAxai
  • No class dispenser mobs plox, that'd rob guilds of one of the last functions they have :/
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
    ArbreOrisaeXavinLinAmaraAngwePeriluna
  • The only instance that I think class-dispensing mobs -might- be okay, and that's a big might, is in the case of syssin, monk, atabahi and bahkatu. And even then only if said mob notes the logs of the parent guild when it happens.

Amara
  • I wasn't throwing out that suggestion as something that should be set in stone. It was just a suggestion to help solve the problem of stingy guilds not handing out class to people who otherwise don't have reason -not- to have it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Guilds should lose their last function as class dispensers and get a new schtick all together when/if they introduce a guild conflict system. Guilds should be a representation of their role-play/ideals/whatever not the class they can hand out.

Think about it in terms of an MMO. You pick/attain whatever class you want for your side then join the guild/clan that best fits your desires for a community. The game's evolved past the point of needing guilds to dispense class.
    havenbanner2
    LinIllikaalSaybreIlyonAlexinaAngweRaeche
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited January 2013
    For the weekly challenges, have one week that counts experience via player kills.