Mafia: The Return of Ashtan

Comments

• I'm still kind of waffling about. Minarael is acting oddly, but so is Aryanne. I kind of feel like one or the other is scum, not that they're both scum. Though them arguing may just be a ruse to get us distracted/sacrifice one to keep another - though with Xenia gone already, that's a risky tactic.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I'll change my vote...

Unvote: Aryanne

Vote: Minarael

Here's why -

I bring up a point about Aryanne's question asking. Then Mina just hounds on it relentlessly. I still think the question is suspect, but I could see the opportunity present itself when someone raises a question about another person (and a legitimately solid no-spidey-senses bullcrap point) and you as a Dreikathi take that point and run with it trying to drum up support and votes for a lynch, knowing that if/when the victim of the train is a Townie you have the defense to fall back on of, "Well, Demarcus started it."
    Omei
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2013
    And this is about the largest window of free time I've had in days.

I agree that Aryanne sounds suspicious as well, as I said in my earlier post. My voting on Minarael does not clear her.

Edit: Don't know about my times the coming days (last weekend with students on Jersey Island). I'll check in as often as I can! Off to sleep now.

• edited August 2013
    Llok, you're voting for me because I voted for you, now you're trying to take me out. You're only raising my suspicions of you even more. Etrigan still strikes me as very suspicious just because of his silence and I was going to vote for him but looking back at Demarcus's post, he convinced me. So...

VOTE: Minarael
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Demarcus said:
    Here are our mystery non-voters, unless I miscalculated:

Aryanne
    Piper
    Moirean
    Toz
    Aren
    Draiman

EDIT: Had the wrong other-D person. Damonicus got ganked last night, Draiman is still alive! Hooray!

I haven't voted yet because I'm trying to filter -all- of this. You guys are either posting too fast like day 1 or posting so much info that it makes my head spin and I just want to hop on a train just to get something out there instead of remaining silent so it feels like I'm participating. :/

With all of this being said though, my vote is

I get what you were saying though with the damned if you do damned if you don't comment earlier, though.  Start a train, you're scum, hop on train, you're scum, stay quiet, you're scum in hiding, be loud, you're scum hiding in the open. You just look like the most likely candidate right now.

I know it looks like I'm hopping a train, but my only other defenses here are Omei said I was innocent, I'm trying to process this, and my usual defense from web mafia: Gtfo I'm townie plz dun lynch me.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• At the risk of being called scum, no one is calling me scum yet. Yay! Also vote: minarael
    I am feeling pretty sure she or Aryanne are scummy, so if we miss today. I tip my hat to the more experienced players and we need to get this day over- so with things swinging Min's way, here we go.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I guess I really just don't see anything wrong with Minarael but I'll go with the flow. During the night, we should make a request about who should be snooped at by the bahkatu if he does end up in league with Omei. Public opinion and all that. I'd like to see Aryanne sniffed, personally.

• edited August 2013
    I will call Toz scum then. Too quick to celebrate and deflect.

Vote: Toz

Why? Because he has kept himself away from any finger-pointing so far. Fishy fishy.

And yes, I have started sentences with 'because' and 'and'.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd really like to see Aryanne snooped. I have a lingering suspicion Etrigan  is scum and is voting away from Minarael now to keep himself safer so (if she is scum) he can claim he didn't vote for her, Saying Toz is too quick to vote is not a good excuse as -many- others have voted for her before him.

Aren said:
    I'd really like to see Aryanne snooped. I have a lingering suspicion Etrigan  is scum and is voting away from Minarael now to keep himself safer so (if she is scum) he can claim he didn't vote for her.
    I don't see the logic. Wouldn't you WANT to vote for your fellow Dreikathi if they're about to get outed? That way you could say "Why would I want to vote against my own team!?" when the finger gets pointed at you?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Sorry, I was asleep.

In interest of expediency, I will also vote for Minarael, but there is a list of other potential people I think we should discuss next round.

- Aryanne, for reasons mentioned before.

- Llok. His randomness seems to be becoming more calculated.

- Etrigan, for randomly training without giving any sort of rationale, and then switching his vote to someone random when the lynch vote is nearly up. If Minarael turns out to be innocent, I highly suggest we consider lynching Etrigan next round, as putting a quick random vote somewhere else seems very Mafia-esque. Think about it - the mafia knows who is innocent, and they want to seem like they aren't guilty. Putting votes elsewhere when it's clear that an innocent is going down is basically padding their record, so they can claim, oh, look I didn't join the train! 

- In the same vein, Toz may also be guilty, as who better to vote for than another mafia member? If one or the other of them gets killed off later, they've established supposed "evidence" for why they are not guilty, because 'oh look! he voted for me/I voted for him, and he was scum!' - except this voting is going out when it's not risky at ALL and seems just like an attempt at padding their record, while us townies are doing the lynching.

- Piper. She's been quick to jump onto trains without little explanation and now? Asking the Bakhtuh to sniff someone out publicly via the thread is...I don't even know why you would do that, unless you are mafia.Discussing the sniffing here only ensures that the mafia know who is being investigated and it means whatever we get from the sniff is COMPLETELY unreliable, because of the Polemarch's night action.

That being said, I think we should still lynch Minarael. My suspicions aren't enough to start an entire new train on, but if she is innocent, it's given us some great clues for next round.
  • Demarcus said:
    I don't see the logic. Wouldn't you WANT to vote for your fellow Dreikathi if they're about to get outed? That way you could say "Why would I want to vote against my own team!?" when the finger gets pointed at you?
    Wat? Etrigan voted for Toz just now, who I really have no opinion on just yet. However, all of you know I've had my suspicions about Etrigan. I want to snoop Aryanne because, even though I'm not vocal about her, I would like to know since everyone else seems to think she -may- be scum with Minarael. If we lynch Minarael, why not investigate the other person people are stuck on? I'll wait for Etrigan, but I'M WATCHING YOU SCUM!! I believe Etrigan is playing it safe by not voting for Minareal if she IS scum and not voting for her if she ISN'T.
  • edited August 2013

Periluna: (1) Ilyon

Llok: (1) Meskhenet

Aryanne: (3) Minarael, Macavity

Aren: (1) Llok

Minarael: (9) Teani, Periluna, Omei, Demarcus, Aren, Draiman, Toz, Piper, Moirean

Toz: (1) Etrigan

"Guys, seriously, it's just my personality, I'm not ACTUALLY Dreikathi," Minarael yelled above the infuriated roars of the angry mob that had descended upon her.  She threw a few punches in an attempt to defend herself, but the sheer number of citizens guaranteed her imminent death.

The moment the crowd backed away from her crumpled form a few sighs of defeat were released from various onlookers.

Minarael has been lynched.

She was a Citizen.

NIGHT 2 HAS BEGUN

Marzpawns remain
    The Polemarch is alive

The Sentaari is alive
    The Bahkatu is alive
    The Ascendril is alive
    Citizens remain

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Aldric said:

Minarael: (9) Teani, Periluna, Omei, Demarcus, Aren, Draiman, Toz, Moirean

Minarael has been lynched.

She was a Citizen.

I don't know if publicly saying who we think we should get sniffed is a great idea. Way to just give the Dreikathi an idea of who we're going to sniff so they can give us a false reading. What if we PM'd Omei instead so she can tell the Bahktu independently.

Also, sorry Mina.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    That'd be okay, too. At this point, the only person worth trusting is Omei.
  • edited August 2013
    Apologies, Mina.

Fingers of suspicion leveled at Aren, Moirean, (EDIT: Draiman) and Demarcus as common bandwagon names.

i am rapture coder
    If you read my posts, I've put quite a lot of rationale into why I've joined in on trains. Others have not.
  • The existence of rationale, as I definitively proved last game, does not necessarily exclude one from being scum.

It's just a finger, not a hand. Nothing personal, @Moirean.

i am rapture coder
    Also (meh no editing posts), this early on, we don't have a series of votes to use as evidence, and the odds are a lot higher than NOBODY voting on a train is mafia. It's when the citizen list gets smaller that the mafia has to play a lot more directly to get lynches achieved. IMHO, the people who haven't voted - especially the ones voting for random people - are more suspicious than those who have.
    It's just a finger, not a hand.

Insert raunchy response. >_>
    Omei said:
    Apologies, Mina.

Fingers of suspicion leveled at Aren, Moirean, (EDIT: Draiman) and Demarcus as common bandwagon names.
    Good, I appreciate the suspicion so maybe the Dreikathi won't off me tonight. But if actually trying to move the game along is bandwagoning, count me as guilty. But at least I'm not making suggestions to give the Dreikathi an advantage, like naming who we want to get sniffed out in the open.

I agree with you, @Omei, about Moirean. But @Moirean also brings up a good point about voting for random people, since bandwagoning brings suspicion upon you.

Aryanne, Etrigan, Moirean, and Aren are the ones I'm pointing my fingers and toes at.

Also, @Aldric , I count 8 votes for Mina, not the 9 that was stated as being required. I suspect you just rounded up for the sake of expediency?
  • Demarcus said:

Also, @Aldric , I count 8 votes for Mina, not the 9 that was stated as being required. I suspect you just rounded up for the sake of expediency?
    Whoops, no, I just forgot to add Piper's name in there for some reason. Sorry Piper, your vote counted.. just not as you!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited August 2013
    The citizens of Ashtan were woken up by a piercing scream that seemed to shatter the night's silence. 

..Had the night really gone by already?

Evidently it had, as evidenced by the expected murder that morning. Ilyon's corpse hung from the mast of one of the nearby merchant ships, his body swinging in the wind. Nothing about him seemed out of the ordinary whatsoever.

Ilyon has been killed.
    He was a Citizen.

DAY 2 HAS BEGUN

Marzpawns remain
    The Polemarch is alive

The Sentaari is alive
    The Bahkatu is alive
    The Ascendril is alive
    Citizens remain

8 votes to lynch

• Dang, you guys. Your scum-tingling senses are clearly way off.
    imageimage

Aren said:
    Demarcus said:
    Wat? Etrigan voted for Toz just now, who I really have no opinion on just yet. However, all of you know I've had my suspicions about Etrigan. I want to snoop Aryanne because, even though I'm not vocal about her, I would like to know since everyone else seems to think she -may- be scum with Minarael. If we lynch Minarael, why not investigate the other person people are stuck on? I'll wait for Etrigan, but I'M WATCHING YOU SCUM!! I believe Etrigan is playing it safe by not voting for Minareal if she IS scum and not voting for her if she ISN'T.
    Aren, could you please explain that last sentence of yours a little more? If I understand it correctly, you're saying Etrigan was playing it safe by not voting for Minareal in the event that Minareal was both scum and not scum? I really hope we don't have a unicorning Schrodinger's Cat on our hands.

Since your post makes absolutely no sense what-so ever, and you wanted to tip off the Dreikathi by posting publicly the names of people you want to see sniffed (Because they don't have a way to make it a false sniff if they target the same person...) I'm going to have to say that you've pretty much confirmed it in my mind that you're suspect numeral uno. Not to come off as vote-happy or anything, I just feel this confident about Aren.

Vote: Aren
    Piper and Aren are both heavily suspicious in my mind. Both tried to make the Bakhtuh's choice a public one (Demarcus, you may have missed my post - I mentioned that before you did), and both have been voting for people without little rationale.

Etrigan (and tenuously by implication, Toz) is still another suspect for me.

However, before jumping to a vote, I am going to wait to see if we learned anything vital from the night investigations. It'd be pretty dumb if we started a train before Omei can report back if they found anyone guilty.
  • I'm gonna just go back to suggesting that we look closely at Aryanne. I was starting to swing towards the train on her, and then it swung back around at someone else (a townie) - I'd say look at anyone who helped turn that train back around/pointed towards Mina.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

I made this post, saying basically that I could see hints of potentially suspicious behavior from both Aryanne and Minarael, among others. I then said, "We should wait to hear from the people who haven't posted yet, before starting a train."

And then the Minarael train started. :/

People latched pretty heavily onto the "aggressive" posting I noted, and I think that there is a high chance there is one mafia in those early posts - from my experience, Mafia like hopping onto other people's stuff like that. They aren't the ones actively calling people out, because that sticks their neck out and seems "guilty", so they slide by on justifications others make.

Now, I know this kinda contradicts what I said earlier, about the trains being more likely to have a lot of citizens in them early on. I still think that is likely, which is why I think that only one or maaaaybe two mafia are in the swing to Mina.

Now, this is assuming that Aryanne is mafia. If she isn't, then there would be no reason for mafia to swing the train away - which actually kinda implies that Aryanne might be a mafia and we might have another one in the train swing (Teani, I think, was the first solid vote on Mina, and she's already had other suspicious things pointed out about her, such as the delay from mafia coinciding with her lack of internet). 

With all this said, we should still wait to see what investigation revealed. There is no sense in pushing for quick votes without knowing everything we can first.
  • Teani reads as innocent.

i am rapture coder
    Well, glad we waited, then, heh, since I totally thought Teani was suspicious.

Hmm. Not sure what to think about this, since Teani was the first direct push towards the train on Mina. Might mean Aryanne is innocent and the train swing was just a result of us being chatty. Or, if Aryanne is mafia, there are other mafia somewhere else in the swing, but I think it's less likely the further down in vote orders you go, you know? Like a mafia wouldn't have to push a swing if 3 people have already jumped onto Mina.

Gonna think on this and see what others have to say, but it sounds like Aryanne might be a good choice for us.