MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Speaking of jobs, I've finally gotten to the point where I realize that I'm in the wrong field. Sure, there are parts that I enjoy about my workplace but I'm burning myself out and I am way too young for that. I think it's time to stop feeling like I can do it all on my own and actually look to the state for help in going back to school full-time. There's no point in trapping myself in a job that I'm not emotionally capable of pulling off, that doesn't allow me any time to put other things into my schedule such as part-time schooling or other activities, that has no room for growth and doesn't offer me enough pay to stop begging my parents for help or even live on my own.

I'm tired of being twenty-six and feeling like there's no future, you know? Most of all, I'm tired of having panic attacks and being kept up at night because I'm afraid of how hellish the next day is going to be. I'm in such the wrong field.

LinAmaraHavenArbreSeirDemarcusValenae
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That's a really good realisation to come to, even if it's not great that you're in a position to have to come to it.

HavenOrisaeLin
  • edited December 2012
    Angry about how one of my very good friends got fired because she said she was unhappy and because she forgot her name tag yesterday scrambling to find her keys to actually get to work. (She worked at a pharmacy as a medical assistant)

She didn't find her keys, my other best friend (her roommate) drove her to work. Because she forgot her name tag, they suspended her for the day, and made her go home. Without a car, she could not drive home, and her phone died, so she started walking. It started raining. My friend back at the house found her keys and went up to her work to bring her jeep to her, was told she wasn't there, got confused, and figured she was walking and went to look for her. Found her soaking wet and cold on the side of the road. 

On top of this a pharmacist who works there hates her, and has been making her job life miserable, sending complaints to her boss about how 'she is distracting me', which ended up causing her to lose her bonus and it spiraled from there. Apparently it was all because this lady was jealous of her being 'pretty' and 'having nice hair'. 

This is in the middle of her and my other friend panicking over issues with rent at the place they're at after some troubles and how they're going to have ends meet to afford continuing to live there. Now she doesn't even have a job to support her and the rest of the household for the next 3 months they have to be there because they're on lease.

Why do people have to be such asshats in a time where even simple jobs are hard to come by, where people are struggling.
    OrisaeAmara
  • That story reminds me of what happened with my last job a few years back. Heartless people and a soulless job. I hope things work out better for your friend :(

Nola
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Orisae said:
    I'm tired of being twenty-six and feeling like there's no future, you know?
    This.
    OrisaeMeyvitchLinErzsebet
  • I have to agree. And I turn 27 in march. I'm thankful this Christmas to have a job.

Thanks for the perspective, people. I'm not being sarcastic.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Our generation seems to be the one of feeling trapped. Kind of sucks. Luckily, it's not just us and there is an eventual end. They say that things get easier when you turn 30, haha. Little elbow grease and maybe that'll be true.
    In my timezone, my birthday officially starts in 1 hour and 5 minutes.  And I'm sick.

Glad I did all of my birthday stuff early.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Orisae said:

Speaking of jobs, I've finally gotten to the point where I realize that I'm in the wrong field. Sure, there are parts that I enjoy about my workplace but I'm burning myself out and I am way too young for that. I think it's time to stop feeling like I can do it all on my own and actually look to the state for help in going back to school full-time. There's no point in trapping myself in a job that I'm not emotionally capable of pulling off, that doesn't allow me any time to put other things into my schedule such as part-time schooling or other activities, that has no room for growth and doesn't offer me enough pay to stop begging my parents for help or even live on my own.

I'm tired of being twenty-six and feeling like there's no future, you know? Most of all, I'm tired of having panic attacks and being kept up at night because I'm afraid of how hellish the next day is going to be. I'm in such the wrong field.

Excellent realization. I'm kind of in the same boat! Except I can do the job, it just bores me to tears. Way too much stress and not enough brain stimulation. Also, the pay and benefits are stupid. Definitely looking to go back to school.

My one big problem with it all is everyone is going to be asking "Why did you quit your job with the railroad?" Then I'll have to explain to them how I actually want to use my brain and help people instead of do stupid things and be a pawn for other people to make boatloads of money at the expense of my own health. They still won't get it.

• Am home for the holidays, yay, but my parents' internet connection has suddenly turned awful =(
  • edited December 2012
    Holidays. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

I have the stomach flu.  I have an ear infection.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angry.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Arbre said:
    I have the stomach flu.  I have an ear infection.
    Oh gosh, we -all- got this flu to varying degrees in my household and my oldest daughter at home is fighting an ear infection with it. You've both got my sympathy. Unfortunately, only the daughter can get my soup :(
  • When one thing happens and I think, 'no problem! Psh, I got this.' Two more things happen. 'No worries, still managable!' Two -more- things.

/flips table 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

HavenNola
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Can we add a modification to the shrunken head so we know who is spamming us now so we can take appropriate action? When I log in, even for a second, I start getting ridiculously spammed and it's getting outrageous.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Fire ants. So much hate.

OrisaeDemarcus
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I know that feeling, Kerryn. While drunk out of my mind one night I got rolled over into a bed of them and didn't know it until 10 minutes later. By then it was too late for my poor arm. Damn thing swelled up and I quit counting bites once I got past 50. Hurt for a week and a half. Ugh at that memory. This, kids, is why you don't get completely drunk, try and hold a race in ap arking lot, fall, rip up your elbows\knees and then get rolled into the grass and an ant bed while they run inside to find something to fix your bleeding.

On second thought, it makes a hell of a story.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Ants anything are horrible. I hate sugar ants, too. So disgusting. Once, I was living on someone's floor and had some bagels nearby. I woke up covered in sugar ants.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    That had nothin' to do with the bagels, sweetie.

Ants, to you: image
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    HavenNola
    At least sugar ants don't bite.

I trump all of your bug stories with bed bugs.
    KerrynOrisae
  • edited December 2012
    My friend who just recently lost her job? Yeah, her boyfriend broke up with her tonight.

Emergency drive over! 

I don't know why but I suddenly felt extremely emotionally drained at that point when I got the call from her roommate's younger sister to come over. I knew what happened, you know, gut instincts. I just felt so incredibly weighed down and sad because my friends can't seem to get the chance to just be, or even, to be happy. That and I had been the one to introduce them. They're both good friends of mine. 

But, those feelings melted away when I knocked on the door and there she was waiting for me. Shortly after my other best friend arrived (They're roommates) and we all sat around, shared and listened to random stories, and were just there, supporting, able to laugh about the crappy situations and the close sequence they had to one another. (My other best friend just broke up with -her- boyfriend, for the best, about a week ago now, and its just been a good dose of stress for everyone).

My friends deserve better than what has been happening to them. They deserve happiness, and I can't be the one to give them the kind that they need. I can only be that strong friend they lean on until they are strong enough themselves to move on from heartache and fcked up luck. 

That and its ALMOST CHRISTMAS DAMNIT ALL!

But I'd share some love for the fact that at least we all have one another. 

Amara
  • Working little over 20 days straight with shifts longer than 8 hours. I am a little burnt out.
  • Arbre, I feel your pain. I had never seen bedbugs before. My roommates made me throw out my mattress and box spring. And they had 1 elderly dog and both have health problems, so I'm not allowed to call a professional.

I've had them since a couple weeks post move up here in June. I have seen exactly 4 since I put down this bag of cementpowder stuff my male roommate found for $13 that was recommended by female roommate's coworker. Guess what? I haven't been bitten since Thanksgiving!

I'll let you know what it is when I find the bag. It dries out everything it touches, and I'm still finding more in the cracks to vaccumm, but it works! Dehydrates the bugs so they break open and die.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    No, I don't have them now.  I fought bed bugs for months when I was living in Topeka - the oldforums rage thread is FULL of me going on about it.  I even wrote a research paper on it.  I'm just so traumatized by them that any itching bug bites will give me nightmares.
  • I hear dat.

• edited December 2012
    My family (the part that I live with) decided it was a great idea to change the date for Christmas dinner again, without letting me know, (I spent the night with a friend), and had it today, and I arrived home maybe an hour or so after where my grandmother is putting things up and tells me I missed it. After everyone has finished and left to go fall asleep somewhere or something, and it.. just ruined it for me.

Being left out ruined it. Not even being considered, 'oh hey, Paige isn't here, lets not have dinner until she gets here'. Nope. 

Its not the food or anything, its.. that we do it as a family. And I didn't get to be a part of it. 

Haven
  • Oh wow. That is... absolutely terrible, Nola. :(
    AmaraXavin
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    Nola said:
    Its not the food or anything, its.. that we do it as a family. And I didn't get to be a part of it. 
    Our situations aren't exactly the same - but, my family just had their large Christmas get together, and I was intentionally* excluded as well.

I've had rather nasty headaches the last few days, and there are -seven- children wandering around screaming and.. being children, largely, as well as two things that I'm informed are dogs, despite their similarities to rattus norvegicus.

And so, I asked that I be allowed to remain in my dark, quiet room, watching films rather than exacerbating my headaches - no one wants to willingly put themselves in situations where they'd be inclined to act maliciously towards children, especially not at Christmas, and especially not when they're not yours. My request was granted, on the stipulation that I attend the actual dinner - I, being a lover of all things baked ham, agreed readily.

I went down a few minutes ago to see if the meal had actually begun, only to find out that it had actually finished to the point where the food had been refrigerated. I am blamed wholly for my discontent, since I declined to actually be downstairs to know exactly when the meal began.

I'm not really angry, since, as an adult, I've totally been given freedom to use the microwave.

I -am- displeased that no one in a party of fourteen adults with at least five fully mobile children capable of speaking that could have been dispatched - which is usually how my sister gets me downstairs every other evening, via my nephew - found three seconds to come knock on my door.

*I am aware that I chose to exclude myself from the bulk of festivities. I did -not- agree to miss the dinner, and in fact, had been pressured into agreeing the exact opposite.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • edited December 2012
    I was later blamed and had guilt darts thrown at me and in general yelled at as I went to the kitchen to simply make some tea. 

Apparently its my fault I wasn't available for them to tell me they'd change plans at the last second, even though to them, they'd tell you they didn't, as if this was the plan all along, even though they admitted they decided it last night when I wasn't home. 

Ah well, holidays..