Let's Make a Deal

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited June 2013 in Roleplay Logs
When Moi first got back, she was shocked to discover that Toz had gone Undead so he could join Bloodloch like she had. She reflexively flinched away from their first kiss. Later, she mentioned her son to him and that she (really) regretted that he couldn't be a father. Ever since then, there had been a tense dynamic whenever the topics of Undeath or family even came close to their conversations, and Toz would be distant for periods of time, working on a goal he refused to tell Moi about. Finally, he vanished for over a year, came back and said he been looking for an answer to something. 

Toz's thoughts are this color. Moirean's thoughts are this color.

Toz and Moi share a minor link as he used part of his soul to forge her arm; they can sometimes sense each other's emotions and memories. 

Warning: there are some really fluffy mushy parts in here, but they kinda provide context. Meat of the log is in post 2. My role is mostly context for a really awesome, powerful scene. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

You tell Toz, "Come?"

You tell Toz, "I want to show you the estate."

You beam broadly at Toz.

Spartan rock garden. 
A lonely field of sand extends southwards from the barren courtyard to the north, stretching away from the tower in a wide expanse of flat ground. A ring of low, flat stones circles the sandy plot, penning in the emptiness with precise, clean lines; the result is not monotony, no, but rather orderly, spartan calm - an oasis of quiet and simplicity. Solitary chunks of rocks seem to be almost coaxed out of the ground as if by a Teradrim's command, rising from the sand like islands sailing above a glassy sea. Around these upthrust stalagmites, the ground has been combed into slender furrows and graceful swoops, hugging the bases of the boulders in narrow lines. A set of long-necked rakes rests against a rack beside the garden, while a long wooden bench has been set beside the path around the tower, providing a space for quiet meditation. A simple bench is here, long enough for three people.

Proudly, you say, "I am...expanding the estate."

With a nod, Toz says to you, "So I see."

You have emoted: Moirean pats the bench beside her, head tilted as she stares at you.

Toz moves to settle down on the bench beside you, chainmail rattling a little against his earthen form.

You have emoted: "You found your armor," Moirean comments. She frowns slightly. "It was nice to see you out of it."

Toz glances down briefly, admitting, "I made more. It is uncomfortable to not have armor on. It is like going without a skin.."

You have emoted: Moirean studies you in silence, ears and wings drooping down a bit. "Even around me?" she finally asks.

Toz shakes his head at you, moving to slide an arm around you. "I've lived in my armor so long, it feels like a part of me. It is not a matter of trust."

You have emoted: Moirean nestles in as close as she can, nose wrinkling as she bumps up against the stiff armor. She remains silent, however, and doesn't press the point. Instead, she just looks out across the barren rock garden, head tilting thoughtfully.

Toz moves to kiss the side of your head, "Something on your mind?" he asks curiously, his tail snaking around to poke lightly at you side.

You have emoted: Moirean tilts her chin, angling her head into the kiss with affectionate distraction. "Mmm," she muses, staring out at the sand. "I..." She's silent for a span and then admits, "Yes. You, I suppose. After I've had time to actually THINK -" Her cheeks flush and you get a fleeting flashing memory of the very much non-thinking she was doing with you earlier. "-I....I just can't drop this."

Toz leans against you with a faint frown. "Can't drop what, exactly?" he wonders of you, the rocks coating his form dropping away after a moment, crumbling to sand then scattering neatly away from where the pair sits.

You have emoted: Moirean's voice is quiet and calm, as she simply states, "I was upset. I still am. I love you, but more than that, I trust you, Toz. Nobody else- Ever-" She exhales slowly, maintaining the soft, calm tone, although a faint ripple through the link suggest that it's an effort for her. "I trust you to help me be who I am. It's hard, sometimes, for me. Maybe I'm broken or something. And maybe that's too much to ask, and unfair of me." She frowns, and stops talking. She shrugs once and then bows her head, staring at her hands folded in her lap.

Toz moves to lightly hook your chin with a claw, turning your head up to face him. "I understand," he says simply. "It was like that for me, for the longest time. I trust you fully, and I should have told you I was leaving. This is...soon I will be able to explain things. It is frustrating to not be able to, but I need that trust for just a moment longer."

You have emoted: Moirean stares into your eyes, her own gaze wide. There's a faint crease in her forehead and soft frown on her lips. "You think I am like how you used- I mean before you...grew strong? The old you, the one you hate? You felt like this?" she asks. Although that is all she asks, a brief flare of embarrassment slips through the link, the shame quickly tapped down on before it's barely able to be discerned. Her lips straighten and she gives a slight nod.

Toz shakes his head, "You misunderstand why I hate the old me," he explains, though he sounds a touch distracted. "Discovering someone you trust, someone who builds you up? That is important. Part of the reason why I am here today. Discovering how to continue growing along the path they helped you find without them is something different entirely."

You have emoted: Moirean picks up on your tone and she lightly lays a hand on her arm. "If you need to go," she offers. "I'm not going to slap you this time." She gives a faint smile - she might even be telling the truth.

Toz shakes his head at you, "I intend to continue waking as I can," he assures you quietly, though he shifts a little, seeming apprehensive, his eyes flicking around the room on occasion.

You have emoted: Moirean catches your apprehension, either through the link or merely by observation. Her own eyes swiftly narrow and her posture immediately tenses. She twists her head sideways, glancing into the shadows ringing the tower. "What is it?" she demands, voice sharpening. "Is it that bitch the Dreamer - I told Her once, long ago, never to touch you, and I will fight Her again-"

Toz shakes his head at you, "Not Her," he muses, "Just...expecting something. Potentially."

You have emoted: Moirean relaxes slightly at the negation, although there is still a wary stiffness to her posture. "What?" she asks, her tone diving right into curiosity.

Toz prods lightly at you, "Something you're supposed to trust me about," he returns cryptically. He makes an effort to settle down near you, and look calm - though his eyes keep darting around when he thinks you aren't looking, a faint wariness creeping through the link.

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "General."

<<Order>>: You say, "Yes, Malevolent?"

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "Name for Me the appropriate value of a life."

<<Order>>: You say, "Which life? Some lives are worth nearly nothing."

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "Let us say he is Azudim, male, the non-breathing sort."

Pieces fall into place. You suddenly begin to see threads emerging.

<<Order>>: You say, "Oh. I think I am far too biased..."

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "On the contrary."

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "You are exactly the right amount."

<<Order>>: You say, "To me, or to Sapience, I suppose I would have to ask."

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "To Me."

You have emoted: Moirean tightly grips your hand and holds it in her lap. She frowns and the tension does not leave her frame - if anything, it increases, and her tail begins to writhe in agitation. Through the link you can sense a slow, creeping sense of fear.

Toz gives you a thin-lipped smile, and a reassuring squeeze of your hand. "Change," he explains, "Should not be feared. I am not leaving you, or the guild - you have nothing to worry about."

<<Order>>: You say, "To You? Low value on his own. Loyal to Slyphe. Decent enough for slaughter, but not a leader."

<<Order>>: Iosyne says, "And if you were to choose his impossible task, what would it be? As if he were one of Mine?"

You almost laugh. That's simple. 

<<Order>>: You say, "To leave me."

You have emoted: Moirean merely shakes her head and stares down at your hand in her lap. "I don't know what you've done," she quietly says. "But, please undo it. Before this goes any further. She is not KIND. She will make you hur-" Her breath hitches and her words falter. Her eyes close.

Oh, shit. Why did say that. You stupid, stupid Imp.

Toz gives your hand another squeeze, expression flattening. "It is something that has to be done," he says quietly. "If pain is involved, then I will hurt. I've put far too much into this, and there is too much at risk, for me to stop now."

Very quietly, you say, "Pain is Her domain."

Toz says to you, "I know. It cannot be helped."

<<Order>>: You say, "Can I change my answer?"

<<Order>>: You say, "That was a silly answer. Very selfish."

You stupid stupid Imp.

<<Order>>: You say, "Making him live without armor would be harder. Yes, I think that's the better answer."

You have emoted: Moirean's hand tightens around yours and her voice grows even softer. "Toz," she whispers. "I am very stupid."

Toz eyes you with something approaching wariness. Stated as a fact, not a question, "You know something I don't."

You have emoted: Moirean's eyes close. She merely shakes her head before reaching for you. She shifts her weight, sliding sideways to press herself against you. "I don't KNOW anything, regarding Her," she murmurs. There's a faint, bleak tendril of hope there, through the link, swimming in the fear. "Hold me. I missed you."

Toz nods slightly, moving to slide the hand from your lap, winding it about you. Tugging you in close, he promises quietly, "It will be worth it. Whatever it costs me. But let me pay it alone? No reason for you to hurt for my purchase."

You have emoted: Moirean gives a lopsided smile. "Sure," she weakly replies. "Yeah. Sure."

Toz leans a little further against you, arm squeezing you gently, eliciting a faint clink from his armor as it shifts.

You have emoted: For a long span, Moirean is content to just sit in your arms, eyes closed as you embrace her. Finally, her eyelids flutter open and she lifts her head to give you a soft, tender kiss, before she forces a unnatural note of cheer into her voice. "So, this is the rock garden," she explains unnecessarily.

Toz gives a faint nod to you, "I noticed. From all the rocks, mostly," he returns. His eyes slowly move around the area, actually looking at things now instead of watching for someone - or something.

You have emoted: Moirean watches you study the area and remarks, "I thought people wound find it relaxing. Meditative. I dunno. They like stuff like that, right?"

Toz glances towards his golem for a moment. The creature stares at him and its shoulders rise and fall in a helpless gesture, its dull eyes not reflecting even a spark of intelligence. With a faint smirk at his own joke, he tells you, "I don't know. A rock is a rock, to me. But it looks...nice."

You have emoted: A genuine smile flits across Moirean's face at the compliment, briefly pushing back the apprehension. She scrambles out of your arms and tugs on your hand, backpedalling down the pathway. "Come loooook," she insists, trying to drag you onwards into the gardens.

Toz pushes up to his feet, nodding as he trails after you. "You don't have to drag me," he tells you, amused. "I'll come peacefully."

You have emoted: Moirean scampers away, after all that effort not even bothering to wait for your lumbering form to trail alongside her.

A shaded, flower-choked gazebo.
In startling contrast - perhaps intentional - to the calm and serene rock garden nearby, the land here quickly turns into a riot of lush green bushes, tangled branches and overgrown grasses. Tall trees frame a large white gazebo set amidst the plants, with snarled rose-bushes, vines and creeping flowers climbing up high along the latticework walls. Aside from a single arrow embedded in one side (perhaps from the nearby archery range), the structure is a rather charming retreat for an afternoon tea or evening gathering. The clinging blossoms create an intimate sort of bower, while strings of glow-globes gently gleam against the northern nights to lend the gazebo a welcoming, merry atmosphere. Garlands of flowers wrap around the ropes of a simple swing hanging here. 

As he looks around towards all the plant-life, Toz says to you, "You...do not do things halfway, Commander."

You have emoted: Moirean nods affirmatively, darting towards the trees surrounding the gazebo. Hanging from them is a simple swing, overgrown with flowers, and she lightly hops onto its seat - her legs don't come even CLOSE to the ground - and she wiggles her feet demandingly. "Push me!" she tells you.

Toz considers you for a moment, expression wry. "Push you? I'll...try," he says carefully. Placing a hand on the small of your back, he applies just a little pressure, very clearly holding back - the gesture is enough to at least get the contraption moving.

You have emoted: Moirean kicks her feet back and forth, not really contributing to the basic mechanics of the swing, but it seems your push is good enough and she arcs forwards and then back, heading right towards you.

Toz catches you as you momentum back finally ceases, pressuring you forward again. Seeming mildly amused by it, he doesn't complain, simply offering, "Do we call this a team building exercise, Commander?"

You have emoted: Moirean nods affirmatively. "And we're uhh....strengthening our core. Important muscle toning," she tacks on. "Highly important officer retreat."

Toz gives a small, amused snort at that - and pushes a little harder, the shove sending you zipping forward.

You have emoted: Moirean can't help herself - the push is unexpected and her reaction is visceral - as a light, giddy laugh bubbles up. Her earlier worries seem momentarily forgotten in the rush of movement and momentum, and she laughs again, the sound rising in volume as she swings back towards you.

Toz's smile grows a little as you starts to laugh, keeping more careful control of his pushes, trying to maintain roughly the same speed as your swings. He falls silent, seeming content to keep you in motion, his wings tucked neatly behind him.

You have emoted: Moirean tilts her head back, eyes closing as she loses herself in the simple pleasure. She laughs again and leans back, innately finding the easy rhythm of swinging - her curls flutter behind her, tangled and brilliant twists of red in the dappled afternoon light.

Toz frowns faintly after a time, watching a clawed hand instead of you as you swings, still keeping the same steady rhythm - the motion seeming automatic now. His expression grows darker and darker until he seems to decide something, attention shifting back towards you and expression relaxing some.

You have emoted: Moirean has been pumping away on her own, lost in the motions of simply swinging and has gotten completely carried away independent of your pushing. One exceptionally eager arc pushes the swing rather high, sending it barreling back on its trajectory with enough force to slam into you, if you don't move very quickly.

Toz doesn't move very quickly. Instead, the swing bashes into him, eliciting a grunt as he staggers back a little, startled - he manages to keep his feet, however, his talons digging into the ground reflexively for a grip. He grabs for the swing and tries to halt it, or at least slow its momentum.

You have emoted: Moirean lets out another laugh, loud and deep, as you catch the swing - and its little Imp occupant - in your arms. "Silly Toz," she teases, legs kicking in the air. She tilts her head backwards to stare upside down at you and thoughtfully declares, "I win at swinging, obviously. You owe me a kiss." Her eyes close and her lips purse.

Toz's lip twitches in faint amusement and he obligingly gives you the requested kiss, still holding onto the swing with one hand, wary of getting hit on the backswing again. "You win at swinging," he agrees, "Because shoving you so hard you looped is probably a poor idea."

You have emoted: Moirean sticks her tongue out at you as she twists in the seat. "That'd be CHEATING," she insists.

Toz nods to you, letting you go abruptly as soon as you twists. "It would," he agrees.

You have emoted: Moirean squawks as the swing is released and only barely manages to hang on to one rope as the seat falls backwards. The result is a dizzying, wobbly spin. "CHEATER!" she calls out from her spiralling orbit.

Toz steps smartly out of the way as the swing starts to spin, agreeing again with you, "I am." He stands well clear, seeming very pleased with himself.

You have emoted: Moirean lets out a low, wavering "Whooaaaa" as the swing continues to spin, each arc bringing the sound in towards you and then carrying it away, to create a rising and falling series of Impish cries.

Toz just takes another half-step back, watching you swing about wildly with open amusement, his tail swaying sinuously behind him. Arms folded across his chest, he wonders, "Do I win at swings yet, Commander?"

You have emoted: From what you can see of Moirean as she spirals by, her face is starting to look slightly green, although her momentum is beginning to slow. "NO!" she stubbornly calls out. "You LOSE for CHEATING!"

Toz's golem steps forward to finally halt you on her wild swinging rampage, its stone hands clamping down on the seat. "A shame," he murmurs, doing his best to look crestfallen. The grin he's still wearing does little to help with his attempt at feigning disappointment.

You have emoted: Moirean finally comes to a swaying stop and promptly falls off of the seat onto the grass, arms and legs and hair all splayed around her. She tries to sit up and immediately falls back over again in a dizzy heap. Voice somewhat slurred, she concedes, "Yoooouuuu....you can have second place..."

Toz pads over to where you is sprawled in the grass, settling down cross-legged beside her. Seeming to forget about his golem, which is still holding the swing, he offers agreeably, "I will be happy to be second, then."

You have emoted: Moirean wriggles sideways on the grass to rest her head in your lap. She stares up at you, doing her best to focus her blurry vision on your face and she begins to giggle again. "I see two Tozes," she mumbles, pointing first to the right of your head and then to the left. "Lucky me."

Toz lifts a claw almost daintily, purposefully moving to tap it against your nose as you tries to focus on him. "Two hammers are not better than one," he cautions you.

You have emoted: Moirean's eyes cross as she attempts to focus on your claw and she quizzically asks, "No? Why not?"

Happily, you say, "Pulverize!"

Shaking his head, flicking at your nose before withdrawing the claw, Toz says to you, "Two hammers, two different visions for an end goal. Get two halves of the same whole beaten into different shapes."

You have emoted: Moirean mumbles in protest. "I would LIKE two Tozes! Two Tozes to fight with and talk with and hug with and...." She giggles again, blushing a bit, still obviously a bit dizzy. "...and to do that thing I like!"

Toz shakes his head at you with a sigh. "I am afraid there is no help for you, Commander," he tells you, moving to brush some curls from your face.

You have emoted: Moirean blinks a few times and says with disappointment, "Oh, just one now." Her eyes slide sideways as she cranes her neck to look over your knee. "Bring the other Toz back."

Toz moves to clamp a hand down over your eyes. "None now," he informs you matter-of-factly. "...It's nice to see you in such a good mood."

You have emoted: Moirean lets out a horrified gasp. "Nooooo!" she cries, swatting at your hand. "I'll settle for one!"

Toz peers at you, "Are you sure?" he wonders, lifting his hand up so that you can see him peering down at you.

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her own hands to interlace her fingers with yours. "Always," she smiles. "And forever. I *PROMISED* and I wasn't lying."

Toz nods down at you, giving you a small smile. "Good. Because there's only one of me, and I'm not sure how to get another."

You have emoted: Moirean smugly replies, "There are THREE of me."

A black whip of shadow energy snakes into the room, slithering up into a corkscrew shape and falling away to reveal the form of Iosyne.

Toz starts to say, before Iosyne's entrance interrupts him, "I just have a gol-..." He pauses, looking over towards Her from where he sits in the grass, inclining his head carefully.

The shadow energy surrounding Iosyne nearly blends her into the shaded corners of the gazebo, where she sits upon the railing despite Her enormous size. Her attention is clearly on Toz, Her expression deadpan. "I know how to get another of you," She murmurs.

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her head from Toz's lap, color immediately draining from her face. "M-m-malevolent!" she says respectfully, scrambling to sit upright. There's a clear flicker of fear pulsing beneath her expression, underlying the respectful mask she has drawn her features into.

Toz slowly pushes up to his feet as well, offering a small bow towards Iosyne. Straightening, he clasps his hands behind his back, "As you did with Aldric?" he wonders, "He seemed to not be overly fond of his double, when I encountered them."

Iosyne has one hand gripping a vertical beam of the gazebo as She leans forward, wisps of shadow snaking away from Her and spreading outward - as if Her sinister mood were leaking from Her very form. "No," She answers. "Those are the shadows of Mine. I have decided what you will do for Me in exchange for My Divine touch."

You have emoted: There's a sharp intake of breath from Moirean and the Imp quickly scrambles to her feet. "The SECOND thing I said! The SECOND task!" she nearly shouts at Iosyne, her eyes widening.

Iosyne waves Her hand in your direction, Her brow dropping into a very recognizable frown.

Toz inclines his head slightly towards Iosyne, turning his good ear towards her. "You have my attention, Malevolent," he says in a quiet, measured tone.

You have emoted: Moirean falls silent, although her hands clench into balled fists and her tail quietly gnashes through the air behind her.

Before your eyes, the form of the Malevolent begins to change, Her lower body distorting and shifting into a different shape altogether. Obscured only partially by the haze wreathing Her form, Her centipede carapace shortens and widens into an arachnid thorax, eight longer legs growing as dozens of smaller legs are sucked into Her body. The grotesque transformation is complete in the span of seconds, giving the Goddess a greater height than before.

Iosyne crooks a finger as She beckons to Toz, gathering several silk spinnerets with her arachnid legs in the meantime.

Perhaps in response to Iosyne's transformation, Toz bristles a bit and straightens further as well. At the beckon, he takes a careful, pointed step closer to Iosyne, then another, approaching with a trace amount of wariness.

You have emoted: Moirean's gaze darts to Toz but she remains still, obediently silent.

"Come with Me," Iosyne coaxes, attaching a dragline to Toz's waist.

Iosyne warps out of perception, Her monstrous form separating into inky threads of shadow which slither away in different directions.

The ground shudders and splits open into a narrow chasm, out of which emerges a viscous, huge tentacle. With surprising speed, it lashes out and coils around Toz, dragging him back down into the the depths of the chasm.
EzalorLiancaAarde

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

You have emoted: Moirean's eyes widen as her lover is dragged away by her Goddess. She remains standing stock still as seconds drag into minutes, and there is no return. Finally, she blinks rapidly and a few tears roll down her cheeks as her knees fold and she sinks to the ground. "Shit," she says. She continues slumping, falling downwards to lay in a sprawl in the exact place where Toz had cradled her head. Her eyes close.

Your pose is now set as:
    Moirean lies here on the grass, curled up on her side.

Minutes pass. The garden is silent, save for the rustle of leaves in the wind, the creak of the abandoned swing, and the slow, steady inhale and exhale of your breath. Your thoughts coalesce and slowly a more rational progression emerges from the litany of blame and fear.

Steady, now. She wanted to know his worth for a reason. She won't kill him. And...She wouldn't sever me from him, would She? I'd be...I'd be weak. I need him. Your thoughts fumble there, as you wonder: but what if She wants to break that need?

You have emoted: Moirean twists onto her side, cheek pressed into the grass. Inhale, exhale, slow and regular. Calm.

It's not working. Shut up, Moi, is all you can think. Your ears curl inwards, as if to block out your own thoughts, but it's no use. The silence of the garden itself only amplifies them. I'm STRONG! you try to protest, but there is a quiet, dark whisper echoing back: No. You lie.

You have emoted: The wind gusts lightly over the garden, stirring the tangled rose bushes. Petals skirl upwards on the breeze, drifting across the grass in a slow, lazy scatter of crimson and white - Moirean lifts her head and lets out a sharp growl, clutching at a few of the falling blossoms and crushing them into a mash in her hand. "Stupid things," she mutters, smearing the ruined flowers across the leg of her pants.

That helped. You feel calmer now. In control. You're being stupid. She'll just make him stop wearing his armor ALL THE TIME and good - he needs to lose that fixation anyways. Ha.

You have emoted: Moirean slowly drags herself upright, arms propped against the ground to either side of her. She lets her head fall back, staring upwards at the trees above and the puzzle pieces of sky visible through the leaves, and she breathes deeply. It'll be fine.

Your pose is now set as:
    Moirean sits here cross-legged in the grass.

Iriela tells you, "That's cheating, Miss Chair!"

You tell Iriela, "Er?"

Iriela tells you, "I wanted to sneak up on you and give you a flower."

Iriela tells you, "But I have no idea where you are!"

You tell Iriela, "Ah. I am...resting in my estate."

Iriela tells you, "See? Cheating!"

Iriela tells you, "I owe you a flower."

Cheating. No. It's just....a twist of the truth. You are the General. You are the Chair. You are the Commander. You are the Queen of the Impire. And you love Toz. Without that love... Murder and blood and power and duty. Darkness. 

Without that love... you silence the thought.

You wait.

---------------------------------------------------

Spiderwebbed canopy above a serene rock garden.  
    You are within a thick spiderweb, the strands of which are too thick and sticky to break through, as if they were woven by some immense spider. Traces of a flower-choked garden are visible below. Defiler Toz, the Hammer is here.
    There are no obvious exits.

"Make yourself comfortable," Iosyne offers hospitably, cutting the silk dragline attaching Toz to Her and moving several large strides away from him.

Toz glances downward towards the garden below for a moment, then moves to plant his feet as best he can within the canopy, his hands coming to rest behind his back. "I am comfortable, thank you," he tells Iosyne.

Toz thinks, attempting to dissect Iosyne's intentions, "Pleasantries. Good for intimidating, I should use them more often. Leave them wondering what you're planning.""

Iosyne busies Herself with the meticulous tending of the web keeping both Toz and Her suspended in the treetops, dropping Her glowing gaze away. "You think I will subject you to torture, or some trial of impossible, grueling acts of strength," She inquires without intonation.

Toz admits, "The thought has crossed my mind. I do not know how You value Your own amusement. I also expect some task that does something for you. Not everyone is so interested in temporary distractions."

"No." A wide smile stretches across Iosyne's lips, revealing Her fang-filled mouth, as She glances up at Toz. Her fingers and arachnid forelegs pluck at the silk with dexterous skill, making subtle adjustments.

Iosyne says, "You are correct. I do not find pleasure in acts of flattery and praise."

Toz's head dips forward in a faint nod. "I do not claim to know anyone else's mind. However, were it me, I would want something that held value to me. A goal advanced, perhaps," he offers before falling silent again.

Toz thinks, speculatively, "She has something in mind, though. Moirean apparently gave Her ideas- they'll either be suited to me and difficult, but with a point? Or painful, humiliating, or some mix, for a slightly concealed reason."

Iosyne drops Her gaze again, seeming to look through the thick webbing at the scene below. She continues in a conversational tone, only slightly rough. "I have a General, now," She informs Toz. "And yet she is ensnared in a web of her own..."

Toz follows Iosyne's gaze for a moment, "I suspect everyone is. There are none who are truly, entirely transparent all the time- and I doubt there are any without some goal or plot," he returns after a thoughtful pause. "Likely for the best."

Iosyne makes no comment on Toz's contribution to the conversation. First one, and then another, and another, up until all eight of Her legs are moving in delicate steps over Her web, Her hands folded in front of Her chest as She speaks to him in a direct gaze. "I will restore you to life on two conditions."

Toz flexes his talons briefly, digging into the thick webbing almost reflexively, as if bracing himself a little. Wings tucked neatly against his back, he asks of Iosyne, "What are they?"

"You will go to her, and love her, in the nature of mortal creatures," Iosyne explains, Her tone remaining even throughout with a pleasant sort of rise and fall to Her pitch. "And you will offer your firstborn to Me."

"And you will not inform her of this, until it is time," Iosyne appends, spreading both of Her hands out with palms facing upward.

Toz's expression darkens faintly. "It seems that You misunderstand the intent of my return to living," he says after a time, picking his words carefully. "I will gain nothing from the deal you offer- the intent of my change is to provide her with something I cannot currently, a family. To promise something I would only have half of a right to would be, at best, an extreme cruelty." Glowering still, "There is one person in the entirety of this world who I trust, and who trusts me fully."

Toz thinks, "This should have been expected. A true mess- discard values to achieve what you want. But if what you want is dependent upon values, making a choice is...difficult."

"Oh, no," Iosyne answers, Her tone one of cold correcting, "I -do- understand, actually, why you intend to return."

Toz's hands move from behind his back. He spreads them out, palms-up, in a helpless gesture. "Then I am at a loss for why You wish for me to accept your help on the way to my goal, only to surrender the prize. And the woman I love."

Iosyne says, "You can always make more. That is also the nature of mortal creatures. The first is an offering, an exchange. A life for a life."

Iosyne's pointed smile returns, Her sightless eyes narrowing into a hungered stare.

Toz moves to fold his hands behind his back again. "A life that is not mine, for my life. Ordinarily that would not require even hesitation. This situation is...far different. I doubt there would be the opportunity to 'make more'. There are some things that are unforgivable," he replies flatly.

Toz thinks, wary, "I wonder if this is some trap, in and of itself. Present me with something She knows I won't do, then offer the real thing so it seems merciful."

Iosyne suddenly raises Herself up to a greater height, all eight of Her legs straightening until She is hovering above Toz, angled downward to face him. "You are disgusting. You are soft." Any trace of sweetness or softness has abruptly exited Her voice, now resembling the hissing of a pit of snakes.

Iosyne says, "You think Me to be a kind and merciful Goddess? I have made lovers claw themselves to shreds to earn My favor."

Toz moves to rest a hand upon the flail resting at his side as Iosyne rises up to Her full height. Freely admitting, "I have one weakness. I know of few others who can make the same claim and tell the truth- there is still one limitation I place on myself, one thing I will not do," he returns flatly, eyes narrowing at Her. "I do not presume to know who You are, but Your reputation is probably well earned," he admits, though he does not back up, talons digging in a bit further into the web in an attempt to brace himself.

Iosyne says, "I have married hopeless, romantic fools by joining them together in union - in the pit of My stomach."

Toz just remains in place, one hand holding onto the flail on his belt as he listens to Iosyne, watching Her attentively, muscles of his legs and arms tensing a little as if preparing for a sudden attack.

Toz thinks, attempting to analyze Iosyne, "She's trying to make a point. Probably fast, decisive at first. Otherwise She wouldn't be  wasting time talking, She would just do whatever She plans to do. Still, no point in running. A Carnifex does not fear slaughter."

"I have done all this and more," Iosyne continues, the pitch of Her voice diving into a sepulchral growl. "Because a heart is a useless organ, just as My eyes are. There is no test." The Goddess nearly spits Her words. "There is no trial. There is no enlightenment. There is no progress. There is none of your precious change. You are who you are, no matter how dirty and broken and ugly."

Though his hand doesn't move away from the flail at his side, Toz does relax ever so slightly. "I disagree," he says quietly. "I have grown, and I have changed. Beyond what I dared to dream was possible." Though his voice is quiet, his words are firm and entirely confident, "I will not bore you with my accomplishments, but I am told that for a mortal they are impressive. There are no broken people. Only broken ideals or mindsets- we choose our chains, Malevolent." Nostrils flaring a bit, glowering and voice taking on something of an edge, "And I have no regrets."

Toz thinks, more than a trace of anger starting to rise, though he attempts to fight it back, "Stay calm. A staring contest with a God is no time to actually lose your temper. There is no reason to run from death, but there is no reason to run to it either. Hold.."

Iosyne leans closer still to Toz, gripping his forearm with Her human hands and squeezing. Where Her palm touches, an inexorable and burning pain accompanies, as if She were wielding fire in Her grip. Her voice is quieter still, every word dripping with the maliciousness lacking from Her sightless eyes. "You did nothing to deserve this," She whispers. "You are disgusting."

The ground shudders and splits open into a narrow chasm, out of which emerges a viscous, huge tentacle. With surprising speed, it lashes out and coils around Toz, dragging him back down into the the depths of the chasm.

Toz sees: A rush of air floods your lungs and you are shocked at the abrupt change to your system.

Toz thinks, "...Nothing to deserve this? Gods give nothing for free. I either passed some test She had, or She approved of something. Otherwise She would have just eaten me."

Iosyne tells Toz, "I will still eat you, creature. You will taste even better now that I can smell the blood pumping that weak heart."

Toz tells Iosyne, "Thank You for Your assistance. Though that heart you call weak is currently deafening."

-------------------------

A shaded, flower-choked gazebo.
    Moirean sits here cross-legged in the grass.

Time passes. Strength. Patience. You can do that now, these days. You can wait.

Toz appears from the ether.

Toz actually chokes, having forgotten how to breathe some time ago. Picking up the trick again after a moment, he drops to a knee, struggling for a time to catch his breath. Carefully, wary of some trick, he raises a hand to his neck and holds it there, feeling for a pulse.

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her head as you enter and then freezes, watching you stagger. Her lips part in astonishment and her eyes widen - finally she shakes off her surprise and crawls over to you. "What-" she murmurs. "What happened?"

Toz pauses, considering you for a moment from where he's slumped on the ground. Pushing up to rest on a knee, he grabs your hand impatiently, pressing it to his neck - a steady, rapid pulse detectable beneath his skin.

You have emoted: Moirean inhales sharply and her hand shakes in your own, quivering against your neck. Her other hand lifts to lightly rise towards your cheek where it softly, barely grazes your skin. Your WARM skin. Her lips part and her eyes scan your features, as if memorizing them anew. "Toz, my Toz," she whispers, her fingers still shaking and light against you, clearly afraid to break whatever spell this is.

Toz nods to you carefully, stubbornly trying for his feet. Actually needing to breathe often again seems a little beyond him at the moment, leaving him occasionally panting quickly for breath. "It's loud," he says after a moment, his own words quiet. "I can hear everything rushing around again."

You have emoted: Moirean lifts her hands as you stand, slowly rising with you. She keeps herself close to you, but still barely touches you - it is as if she thinks you are porcelain, and a single slip from her will make you shatter. Through this, though, her eyes never leave you, constantly roving over your features, lingering especially long on your face, now tinged by the actual flow of blood. "Oh, Toz..." she whispers.

Toz sees: Through the link, there is a warm, almost radiant surge of emotion, a love and adoration so strong it nearly overwhelms you. You can almost sense its brightness, shining at you from somewhere deep inside.

Toz frowns faintly. "It cost nothing," he says flatly. "I suspect a trap, but that will be dealt with later. I got what I wanted..." He lifts a hand, carefully resting it on your cheek, "I knew it needed to be done the first time I saw you look at me when you re-awoke. The flinch..."

You have emoted: Moirean finally tears her eyes away from you and she takes a step back, flinching away from your touch. Guilt creeps in through the link now, cutting through the love and leaving a distantly queasy feeling in your stomach - is this how the living experience the emotion? Her gaze still turned away, Moirean is blushing and her voice is quiet. "I was just surprised," she mumbles. "I still love you no matter what - you did not have to..."

You have emoted: A few tears slip out of Moirean's eyes. Quietly, she asks, "Why would you do this for me?"

Toz steps after you, grabbing for your arm. "There was something I was not able to provide," he says flatly. He tries to pull you in a little closer, still frowning, "I don't understand why you don't understand," he admits. "You were dissatisfied. You found someone else, for a time - I wasn't good enough. Wasn't able to have a family with you. Now I can."

(Order): Iosyne says, "You may think you change, but the parts of you that you hate and force away will always find a way back. They will always be hiding there, waiting. No one can run from their shadows forever."

You have emoted: Moirean is pulled in close to you, one hand flat against your chest - as she feels the faint heartbeat, her eyes close, and more tears spill onto her cheeks. "You are my hammer," she whispers. "MINE. I would be barren until the world crumbles and have you as my only family. You are what matters." She lets out a hiccuping laugh, lifting her hand to wipe at her nose, and nods around her. "Why do you think I opened the dining room? Why do you think I cleaned up the gardens? I have a whole city who care share my home."

Lovingly regretful, you say to Toz, "Only you share my heart."

Toz tilts his head a little, trying to peer at you even as his arms wind around you. "I do not stop at 'good enough', Commander. That is why I am the hammer," he replies evenly. "You were perhaps content to go without, but I could tell it was bothering you. And would continue to bother you."

You have emoted: As your arms wrap around her, Moirean relaxes, holding herself close to you. "I love you," she sighs, lifting her chin to stare up at you. "I love you. I love you." She seems bereft of any other words and all she can do is smile up at you, eyes teary and nose running. There's grass and some rose petals in her hair, but her smile - you've never seen it so bright, so happy, so truly open and loving. She's radiant.

Toz gives a small, pleased smile at your reaction, leaning in to kiss you gently for a moment. "I love you too," he returns firmly. "Thank you," he adds, starting to step back, clarifying, "For trusting me. I..wanted this to be a surprise."

You have emoted: Moirean clings to you as you try to pull away. "Mine," she insists, and there is a demanding note in her voice. "Mine, mine, mine, mine, living or undead, vampire or mortal, you are my Toz. Stay." A pause and a pregnant silence as she stares up at you. "Please."

Toz shakes his head slightly at you, gently pulling away still. "I need to rest, Moirean. But I'm always yours- I'll wake again soon," he says with a small smile, preening a bit despite himself.

Softly, you say to Toz, "Thank you."

Returning with a small smile, Toz says to you, "Just happy I made you happy. I'll see you soon."

EzalorLiancaBakhtuh
  • Such a fantastic log. Moirean and Toz are always one hell of a duo when it comes to things like this. You two work off of each other very well.

Iosyne.. wow. You do such an amazing job at making Iosyne legitimately creepy and something to be feared. My favorite line from this whole interaction though was no doubt:

"Iosyne says, "I have married hopeless, romantic fools by joining them together in union - in the pit of My stomach."
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanEzalor
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah this log really is a showcase of that central interaction between Iosyne and Toz, with the rest there to bracket it. Moi doesn't know enough about what happened, but she probably should be really worried. I doubt Toz is gonna just get away with the un-undeadifying, especially since Iosyne basically caught them being goofy lifers. 
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Ew lifers.
  • Three cheers for actually being able to manually cure without having to cross reference to figure out what is undead goldenseal. Also had a blast with the RP- I think that is like the 2nd or 3rd time I have been involved in god rp, and possibly the first I was the actual focus. Unless you count Dhar throwing rocks at me.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

BenedictoXenia
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Man that log was epic. Brilliant RP all round.
    Aarde
  • The feels, they hurt :(:)

Tyrai
    Meskhenet