Kai Banish is Unicorns

EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baenCanada
edited June 2013 in Combat Logs
So can we get a longer cooldown put on Kai Banish? Or have it made to have a channel?

I got Kai Banished 13 times in this "duel" before I got bored of the Time scenery and left. No timestamps, but I got Kai Banished about every 5 combos, which is ~15 seconds.

Putting a channel on it would prevent it from being spammed so excessively 1v1 as it would then be able to be interrupted. Would leave the teamfight use largely intact. Or just make it so it cannot be used consecutively on one target.

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Told yall that hangedman wasn't the only fight reset. >_>
    EzalorLin
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Not cool, man.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Moirean said:
    Told yall that hangedman wasn't the only fight reset. >_>
    It sure is the most obnoxious, as you're still getting hammered on while you're entangled. At least when you're kai banished, you can't be touched. 

Anyway. Lengthen the CD of Kai banish to 5 minutes. Problem solved. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MacavityAngweEzalorAlexina
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    This is what the liaison process is for. Also: hangedman is far worse in stopping a fight, and both sides have kai banish. Just, of note.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It'd be nice if, instead of drawing away all attention from anything combat-related just to make players feel bad about everyone's least favorite skill, we could actually have a discussion around here.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Few things.

1. Banish already has an internal cooldown, of about 15-20 seconds. And I wasn't using it as soon as it told me I could banish again.
    2. By the time Ezalor got irritated and left I was down to about 45% willpower from trying to stall.
    3. My point in using it like that was to try and stick a break which is damn near impossible for a monk vs either BB or Prae since we can't keep up with the aff output generally. (Yes I am aware that it is likely operator error)
    4. Confusion doubled the eq time to 12 seconds more than once which only left me drilled on for a full combo without being able to fight back.

Yeah, Banish can reset a fight, but the cost of doing so is high and there is no ground gained for either fighter. There are issues with banish being used like that, but I wasn't trolling. Had I been trolling I would have gotten someone to keep me kai'd up and just put up deliverance while Ezalor was banished. I tried out a tactic that didn't work for me, likely due to not pushing it properly.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2013
    Yeahhhh, it really shouldn't be possible as a forever-stall tactic. 

@Daskalos I dunno why you always have to make it into sides vs sides. Believe it or not, I actually want combat balance in Aetolia. If all I wanted to do was win, I'd never have told any of you about the cure order changes necessary to stand up to vampires. Yes both sides have it. That doesn't make it any less lame. And, in case you haven't noticed, I really hate hangedman too.
    IllikaalAlexina
    Ezalor said:
    Yeahhhh, it really shouldn't be possible as a forever-stall tactic. 

Its really not. The Willpower usage on it is way to damn  high. Another two minutes give or take and I would have been out of willpower and dead.
    Then you eat a bullseye or refining invigorate and keep going. How about we come duel and I'll touch web tattoo at you for 20 minutes and you can see why forever stall tactics are stupid. Sure I'll run out of tattoo touches eventually but do you really want to sit there for 20 minutes writhing just because it'll eventually come to an end?
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    There's also mind reconstitute which makes your willpower regenerate like cray cray. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Ezalor said:
    Then you eat a bullseye or refining invigorate and keep going. How about we come duel and I'll touch web tattoo at you for 20 minutes and you can see why forever stall tactics are stupid. Sure I'll run out of tattoo touches eventually but do you really want to sit there for 20 minutes writhing just because it'll eventually come to an end?
    I do understand the point. Was a one time effort at trying to push a break and banish to stick it. Didn't work so well. 
    edited June 2013
    Right. I understand your point wasn't trying to intentionally troll me (I told Moirean so as well), it's nothing personal against you. Just an issue with the skill. My OP sounds a bit mad, I'll reword that :P.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It's not a side thing, Eza. The big thing is personA has something they don't like in combat. They then go to forums to complain about it - and don't get me wrong, I'm as guilty as anyone. I don't even use Kai Banish because I rarely load up in monk, but my point in bringing up hangedman is that rather than focus on -one- reset, why not focus on them all? Mage Reflection, Hangedman, Kai Banish, et cetera.

If your discussion is about resets, great. If it's about one particular reset, that's when I get a bit antsy.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited June 2013
    Look at the Owned thread, I've made muuuuuch more of a fuss about hangedman than I have about Kai Banish :P. I did try to get liaisons to submit reports about hangedman but alas, no go. I would have tried to get a report on Kai Banish too if I had known it could be used like this before liaison round ended.

And hngh I got transfix spammed in retardation, you should know how I feel about that skill.