The Royalguard Treatise

TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
edited April 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Unfortunately forgot to hit record, so this is copy pasted, removing the clutter

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "I have come as promised. I 
would seek your aid in the matter of..."

You wrinkle your nose in distaste.

You say, in Albedi, "The current state of affairs in the Empire."

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen stands before her throne in a regal posture, her 
hands in front of her hips. "My Empire?" she replies coolly.

You have emoted: Tsvanni smiles slowly "If not for you, Djeir as we know it would not 
exist, your highness. It is of dire importance we save the city from its current 
leadership, and free the Empress from The High Inquisitor's grip." Tsvanni brushes 
her hood back, her claws clicking.

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen gestures vaguely to her demonic spider companion, and 
then to the shrine of Iosyne. "You are aware that it has been many decades since my 
Keep was sealed behind the rift in reality," she states. "And it has only recently 
been unsealed, with the Vampire Lord's demise."

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "I have been ... out of touch... with the 
happenings in Djeir for a long time. Too long, for my name to possibly be relevant.

You have emoted: Tsvanni adjusts herself and respectfully approaches the throne, her 
gaze respectfully moderated "I know we share common interest, In this, We would 
assist you. The Royalguard was formed, as was the Praesumma of Djeir, to help rebuild 
the city from the chaos gripping it currently. When Irijali left, all semblance of 
balance was lost with the new empress, too young to assume the strength necessary to 
resist the Inquisitor's lies. I would offer you the chance to come back into the city.
 All traditionalists would respect something that is... familiar. Regardless how 'out 
of touch' you think you are."

You have emoted: Tsvanni clasps her hands "The city needs a return of tradition. The 
rapid changes bode ill for the city the Praesumma calls 'Home'"

A shallow rumbling from nearby travels in small echoes around you.

Its poison-tipped spear at the ready, a Chiav strider skitters in from the west on 
eight spindly legs.

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen steps away from her throne and begins to descend the 
dais, her footsteps echoing on the obsidian floors. "I have plans for my Empire, you 
do realize. Stepping into a hot political quarrel while knowing nothing is not high 
on my to-do list."

Flecking the darkened sky with streaks of orange and magenta, rays of early morning 
light streak upwards from a newly awakened sun.

A Chiav strider leaves to the west at a steady, patrolling pace.

Its poison-tipped spear at the ready, a Chiav strider skitters in from the west on 
eight spindly legs.

You have emoted: Tsvanni pulls her cloak close, her voice steady, as her eyes shimmer.
 She opens her lips and licks her tongue, her gaze upon the throne, as her body 
stands unsettlingly still "My sire once told me something."

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "To await the moment when your 
enemies stop fighting to attack is to ask for defeat."

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "My enemies, or your enemies?"

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "This man is tearing the city 
apart, and goodness knows what intrigue happens behind the scenes with that one. I 
come to you not as a myself, but as Summa Regina, leader of the Royalguard.
"

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "It is not about what personal 
feelings I harbor, I do it for the protection of the city and its people. The 
indiscriminate arrests have the city in fear."

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "Djeir is not -my- city. I am the Queen of an 
Empire whose goals go far beyond Djeir and whatever instability it has gained since 
my departure. Why would I regress?"

You have emoted: Tsvanni brushes her robes open, and crosses her arms gently "I do 
believe we can offer you support in your... Larger endeavors."
Balance Used: 1.00 seconds

You smile wryly.

With an arch of her elegant eyebrow, Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "And who 
are you?"

Casting off her final fetters, the luminous lady awakens fully, shedding her joyful 
light from horizon to horizon.

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "Priestess of Esityi, Leader 
of the largest foreign interest collective in djeir, and Leader of the Praesumma.
"

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "If I am to take you seriously, then you should 
bring to me some form of treatise or other document summarizing your findings. I will 
only -then- take you seriously. And that is a maybe."

(House Ve'kahi): Yoshera says, "Greetings."

(House Ve'kahi): Yoshera says, "Um......"

You have emoted: Tsvanni presses her plated fist to her chest, her eyes steady "I 
will bring you as much as you need. I simply needed the say so. Our scribes have 
documented the unsavory issues in the City. I will bring it to you soon. I promise." 
as she speaks, she inclines her head a little "I will be back. I will convene the 
Praesumma."

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the Duiran Council with 
the divine blessing of Haern, the Hunter.

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the Shamans with the 
divine blessing of Haern, the Hunter.

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the Sentinels with the 

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the Bahkatu with the 

eight spindly legs.

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the Sentaari with the 

Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen nods at you and returns to ascend the dais surmounted 
by her throne. "Do so."

You have emoted: Tsvanni's eyes close, and she brushes her cloak back "Yes, your 
Majesty."

You say to Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen, in Albedi, "May I take that to be 
dismissal, Highness?"

Curtly, Llazuth, the Demon Spider Queen says, "Yes."

You nod your head emphatically.

First time at that, I think it went over well-ish kinda
MoireanCalipsoAngweEzalorHavenAlexinaOrisae

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Edit: Yayfixed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This stuff seems so interesting. I wish I knew what all it was springing from - I got pulled in a bit, and was so confused because I never have really seen anything beyond the quest in Djeir, that I made excuses and left. Are you guys a clan? Where do you find out about Djeir lore?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I adore Djeir, and the amount of facts you have wrong in this is physically painful.  Chakrasul created Djeir.  They have always been in strife, even before the new Empress.  The High Inquisitor was Irijali's brother, and she "believed his lies" about Santini.  Those are the two off the top of my head.  Though, in your defense, literature on the place is hard to come by anymore, with that book bug.  It's hard to find all of the lore from picking and guessing keywords from the mobs.
    RivasCalipsoArekaXavin
    Really only a tangent, but I just realized like....last week...that the Djeirani are Drow. After like nearly a decade of playing. >_<
  • edited April 2013
    Arbre said:
    I adore Djeir, and the amount of facts you have wrong in this is physically painful.  Chakrasul created Djeir.  They have always been in strife, even before the new Empress.  The High Inquisitor was Irijali's brother, and she "believed his lies" about Santini.  Those are the two off the top of my head.  Though, in your defense, literature on the place is hard to come by anymore, with that book bug.  It's hard to find all of the lore from picking and guessing keywords from the mobs.
    mm not quite. The story goes that Chakrasul wished to create a race that could rival the Ankyrean, and so sent forth her most trusted servant, Llazuth, to find a suitable location. Llazuth was blessed with power by Chakrasul, and though she searched and searched, she could not find a suitable and 'out of the warfare' location for a new race to foster itself and grow in peace. Upon venturing underground, she bumped into the spiders living there and Llazuth used the power gifted to her in order to bless the spiders with sentience and a humanoid form. Leading them, they went deeper into the earth and constructed Djeir. Chakrasul was and I believe still remains an enigmatic figure to the Djeirian that simply their "Mistress follows", however they view Llazuth as their Goddess and even though Llazuth follows (or did follow) Chakrasul, they put their faith in Llazuth because they see her as having done so much for their kingdom and people.

Also as for Irijali, yes she did also believe her younger brother's lies (some of them at least) however her rule was said to have been one of the greatest in history, and notable enough that it may go down in the archives of Djeir. She ruled the city fairly and made sure everything went according to plan. Her successor, Malieh (I think  that's her name anyway) is nothing to compare. She has no idea what she is doing, and only follows what is told to her, not to mention has been known to act like a petulant child having a tantrum in some regards (as shown to her distaste of another woman getting more attention than her). Quite frankly, the city is in a faaaar worse state with Irijali gone, and malieh in control
  • TsvanniTsvanni The Inner Gate
    Moirean said:
    This stuff seems so interesting. I wish I knew what all it was springing from - I got pulled in a bit, and was so confused because I never have really seen anything beyond the quest in Djeir, that I made excuses and left. Are you guys a clan? Where do you find out about Djeir lore?
    Theres really a lot to be learned asking the people. Alarin, for example, is really quite the charmer. And very intelligent. You really have to 'artifice' sometimes to get things done though. The invitations stands, FOIC, my dear.
    Rivas said:
    Edit: Yayfixed.
    Lol yea there was so much of my system chatter it made my eyes sad >.<
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You should be careful how much you presume on NPCs and factions - playing fast and loose with the game's lore has never worked out too well (I've seen a lot of possessed mobs go "who the hell are you?" with people who claim to be on their side).
    Well, in the end, the RP was so much fun, and the people in the Royalguard, I thank them for everything they did for us.... But The Royalguard died before it could take off and soar, and I had to give up of it due to lots of IC drama it apparently caused even when mobpossed and studying all the lore I could grab, and then in the end people who disliked me or the idea made it a joint effort to tear it to hell. *Shrug* But What to do right? I guess move on.  :P
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Tsvanni said:

Well, in the end, the RP was so much fun, and the people in the Royalguard, I thank them for everything they did for us.... But The Royalguard died before it could take off and soar, and I had to give up of it due to lots of IC drama it apparently caused even when mobpossed and studying all the lore I could grab, and then in the end people who disliked me or the idea made it a joint effort to tear it to hell. *Shrug* But What to do right? I guess move on.  :P

Or fight! So long as you're having fun. Just know change isn't always easy and recognition is even harder to come by, especially for this kind of arc.

@Desian is one person who managed to pull this sort of thing off and he had a lot of resistance at first but like in real life he put/had the right people in positions of power that acknowledged him and spread his influence and had the right kind of muscle so as not to be ignored.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • When you're making multiple completely off-base claims about the lore and your character, you are rarely going to get much support in making your fanfiction game canon.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Plenty of organizations/people have risen to power based on lies or twisted truths. Sure, she's made a few mistakes but I've yet to see a reason why this dream of hers can't become a reality. Granted, I'm going based on purely this log but...
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited May 2013
    I say go for it. You get slapped, you get slapped. Fix your lore or stick to an untruth. I was sad when I saw you were selling the clan, though I'm not at all involved in the Djeir thing.

Edit: Good on you for having the stones to try something potentially big as a newbie, I know I don't. Just BE WILLING TO ADMIT (OOCly) WHEN YOU'RE WRONG. As for inspiration, (just from the outside) it looks like this could be an interesting real-world parallel/style option.
    Haven
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    This is part of why I am a bit ambivalent about the Imperial Dominion edict. In a game that thrives on interaction with other players, you are suddenly barred from forming constellations outside of the Undead Houses. I do understand that unity/loyalty/bloodlines is a huge thing for vampires, but the whole former mortal self vs undead predator of the night struggle is just going to be difficult to do from now on. I play a character that, while Embraced, still maintains and exhibits mortal traits, and one of the deepest rootest dreams (either to form a family or be part of a family) is now explicitly prohibited by Aborash.

As far as I understand, Tsvanni was forced to chose between her house (and I guess possibly her vampire self as a whole) and her loyalty to the Djeiri people. Just a few months ago, no one would have voiced any complaints at all - apart from possible divergences from established lore.

In short, vampire interaction with mortals is at the core of most popular fiction, movies, and roleplaying games that actually have vampires as their main theme. Aetolia seems to be taking a huge step away from this; instead of seeing vampirism as a mixed blessing/curse where one's fading mortality and endless hunger for blood becomes an issue in regards to mortal family/friends/lovers, we are now focusing entirely on Consanguine superiority. This has always been a theme in Bloodloch and the undead houses, but it has been one theme amongst many.

On the other hand, I actually love that Abhorash is back and I'm not trying to put down all the things that're being done for the vampire community, because a lot of this is super awesome. I just feel like there could be room for epic, delicious vampire reforms and for Tsvanni to pursue her roleplay (which had the potential to be an engaging story for several people to participate in) at the same time, without necessarily putting the both at odds. I could have misinterpreted the situation entirely so take what I write with a grain of salt (and feel free to correct me if I got my facts wrong).
    Somewhat tangential, but as a living darkie, the emphasis on superiority is somewhat frustrating in that it homogenizes them a lot more, and seems to be creating a more inflexible RP outlook, especially for coordination between orgs/as leadership. To an extent, that sort of RP can create an interesting tension and highlight some really interesting characters and outlooks, but when all the vampires are doing it, it kinda blends into a more generic blanket of elitism.

Hopefully, players will get creative with this and produce some exciting and original storylines within the new bounds they have been given.
    AlexinaOrisaeLin
  • As many of you know, I am brand new to Aetolia. I have been trying to get a feel for the game, and have been slowly been piecing together the whole ordeal with Primus. From what I have heard in just the two comments above, I am feeling worried about the RP I have planned for Jenna. She is out going and not worried overly much about what race or class of undead someone is. So far, it seems like she might end up taking flak for this. That is not cool. I can understand Abhorash wanting to strengthen his blood and see his childre reign, but it need not be at the cost of turning off everyone in the process (which is all elitism, and a superiority complex not tightly reigned in, does.) We'll see. I just hope it doesn't just make things worse than they were, from what little I know.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There is a level of elitism that will need to be dealt with - it is the 'we are superior' complex every community has in some form or another. You can have someone who is outspoken and not as zealous in those thoughts within those orgs - whether or not it flies depends on your character and how it is expressed. You can't expect there to be no consequences if things are spouted in front of the higher powers of that community, or handled more crassly or tactlessly - that's just part of life (can't tell your manager you think they're an idiot, or criticize a CEO's methods without some form of backlash). 

Don't spend too much time worrying. Feel it out, explore it, if you  have questions as to its place - ask! This playerbase as a whole is more than willing to bounce around ideas and help people figure out if their ideas are feasible and fit within the game's context, lore, and so on. 
    edited May 2013
    Well, on the other hand, vampires needed a kick of some sort. There's been a lot of wtf RP and plain weird stuff sliding by in houses over the years, to the point where vampires got branded the "snugglies/insert whatever" of Aetolia (disclaimer: not all of you, just the...overall impression) - when they really are one of our amazing, unique draws. The changes seem to (at least from the outside) have revitalized the house system and kicked it up a notch, as well as introduced some interesting tension to the dark side. It's a fine line, though, between tension/conflict and "meh, can't be bothered" headache. 

Played well and with a lot of care gone into crafting the RP, elitism can be awesomely well done. The problem is that there were groups of vampires who weren't being played to a high standard of RP which is what (I think? Or at least was a factor?)) prompted the creation of the Abhorash shell and the revamp of vampire stuffs, and that's why I'm a bit leary of elitism as the new goal. It's pretty easy for that theme to turn frustrating to interact with.
    Yea, you guys are right on a lot of it and while I would pursue the RP, I did stick it out all I could, ya know? I was a bit upset to see my work on it die, but in the end I admitted it would be best for the people who joined on if I gave in. I didn't want a bunch of other people to get screwed because I was too pigheaded to retreat. Yea, It was a pain in the ass to dig up lore, MOBPOSSING, the best lore I could get, was limited, and then the rest was based on the Black rose quest or asking people, and people make mistakes, especially with all the Retcon in Aetz. Bit old to go back and comment, but I felt I should just a little. 

I worked on it and I learned an awful lot, especially leadership. And it wasn't all bad! Haha, I got appointed Warden. So I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I mean House kicked, then Dominion announcement, then the post Aarbs made kinda made that sort of RP dangerous water to tread, and when your character is 30 years old it's best not make yourself out as a total idiot to everyone all the time. Believe it or not, there is a future I gotta consider, And considering I lack credits to go lighter, It's gonna be here on the shadow side. 
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    As many times as you swap class....
    Angwe said:
    As many times as you swap class....
    Oi! Can't stay prae and cure at the same time buddy boy! :3