Fighting teradrim

edited March 2013 in Sparring Grounds

So recently I have been sparing a wide range of classes in order to fight at lessers and in 1v1 pk. However I am struggling with Teradrim out of all the classes and the overwhelming amount of hidden afflictions, limb damage and non-stop impale. So I wanted to get this tread going to maybe get ideas on how to heal/fight against them and see  how other peoples are going against them in general. To get this started off I have a few lines that confuse me and what it is they do in general and in terms of afflictions?

This one  below did not seem to cause damage, but I -think- it proned me too, would that be correct!

Caitlin quickly spins her flail to build its momentum before sending the trio of spiked balls careening into your gut.

Next :

You parry the attack to your right arm with a deft maneuver.
Macavity quickly entwines the chains of his flail around your halberd and attempts to yank it from
your hands.
Your fierce grip secures your weapon.
Balance Used: 0.43 seconds
A clay golem lashes out as you parry the blow, rattling your defences.<-----
Time to recover: 0.86 seconds.
Macavity quickly adjusts the momentum of his flail, smashing it into your right leg.
The force of Macavity's attack kicks up a cloud of dust and sand into the raging storm, increasing.

What did the golem do here in this section?

Next:

^(\w+) swings .+ flail down upon you in a heavy overhand blow.$

Is this proning and stripping of levatation?

Any advice and ways to deal with the class are most welcome as i really want to better understand how to fight this particular class better.

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™

Comments

• A clay golem lashes out as you parry the blow, rattling your defences. - removes your parry

Overhand is prone + levitation strip, yes.

Teradrim is a limb damage class focused around bruising, so that's how you need to approach it. Impale is there mostly as a delaying / minor setup tool - the followup to it is Stonevice (slower elixlir balance for 30s).

Mastema
  • edited March 2013
    <P>I thought it might be those two things, so cheers.  Overall I just find I am prone a lot of the time with this class and in general being overwhelmed by that simple fact. </P>
    <P>In terms of bruising should I be healing as soon as I see this line below for example or what!</P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">You feel light bruises forming on your left arm.</SPAN></P>
    <P><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(128,128,128); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal"><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(255,69,0); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">LOST BALANCE </SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">POULTICE (</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(255,0,0); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">orbis</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: normal; BACKGROUND: rgb(0,0,0); COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); FONT-WEIGHT: normal; font-decoration: normal">)</SPAN></SPAN></P>
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I noticed the proning - makes Carnifex offense pretty hard to build momentum with. I ended up just attacking the golem until he ran away, in my last spar. >_>

This class must be pretty damn fun to fight as a Sentinel, though. Floorsweeeeeeep!
  • edited March 2013
    Caitlin quickly spins her flail to build its momentum before sending the trio of spiked balls careening into your gut.

^ Gutsmash: Does restoration damage and bruising to torso - does not prone 

You parry the attack to your right arm with a deft maneuver.
Macavity quickly entwines the chains of his flail around your halberd and attempts to yank it from your hands.
    Your fierce grip secures your weapon.

^ Entwine: Upon successful parry, this ability will attempt to pull the opponent's weapon out of their hand. If the weapon has a fist sigil attached to it the ability has a random chance to (mending) break the opponent's attacking arm. 

A clay golem lashes out as you parry the blow, rattling your defences.

^ Golem Rattle: This is a golem reflex that will cause the golem to lash out at your opponent upon successful parry, knocking them off balance and removing their parry.

Macavity quickly adjusts the momentum of his flail, smashing it into your right leg.

^ Slam: Identical to gutsmash but does restoration damage and bruising to limbs. 

The force of Macavity's attack kicks up a cloud of dust and sand into the raging storm, increasing.

^ Imbued Erosion: Provides a random chance to increase sandstorm strength with each attack - does no damage to the opponent

^(\w+) swings .+ flail down upon you in a heavy overhand blow.$
    Is this proning and stripping of levatation?

^ Overhand: Goes through rebounding, prones and strips levitation

Any advice and ways to deal with the class are most welcome as i really want to better understand how to fight this particular class better.

My advice would be to ensure that you are curing bruises in the correct order and have adequate pre-restoration and parrying implemented in your curing. These three things are a must when fighting against Teradrim in their current incarnation. 

As far as hidden afflictions go, we can only give them via two methods: swelter and sand whip. The former is a passive ability that gives a random hidden mental affliction when it ticks. Given that we do not have any abilities that really allow us to capitalize upon mental afflictions, these should be nearly negligible if you have basic hidden curing in place or diagnose now and again. The latter, sand whip, will give one of: recklessness, dizziness, sensitivity, epilepsy or stupidity. This ability should, in theory, be useful for the Teradrim but due to current issues with the class's ability to strip rebounding there are very few instances where using this ability is worth it (report 1223 describes this issue in greater detail).

With regards to impale, I have heard some complaints with regards to folks using it every time that golem barrel ticks. Personally, I do not bother with impale in one versus one fights at the moment as it just doesn't do much aside from annoy your opponent. By the time you've actually landed the impale and did something useful with it (i.e. land stonevice) you've lost a great deal of momentum with your salve offense for very little benefit. I have submitted report 1130 that proposes to tie stonevice into the setup for a more viable version of chasm. Regardless of whether this is approved or not, perhaps the interaction of golem barrel and impale should be looked at. 

I hope that is somewhat helpful. Feel free to contact me in realm if you have any further questions. 

P.S. I suck at multi-part quoting with the new forums so forgive the formatting. 

P.S.S. Ah, Ilyon posted while I was composing my own post so pardon the redundancy as well. Hopefully some portion of my post is still useful. 
    MastemaMoireanIllikaal
  • edited March 2013
    You are brilliant, thank you for breaking it down. ;)
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Unfortunately, floorsweep got nerfed into the ground, so it's... not really that fun to fight as Sentinel.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Mastema said:
    You are brilliant, thank you for breaking it down. ;)
    From what I've seen most of the Teradrim doing, they'll just spam Golem Barrel, and trigger it to automatically impale from that. It in theory SHOULDN'T ever kill you, as that's now how Teradrim are supposed to function. It'll be annoying to fight those types, but you really just have to muscle through it. If they keep doing it over and over again, they won't ever kill you, much like an indorani spamming hangedman, but instead it'll just slow you down. 

Rebounding, Pre-restoration, and Parrying are going to be your best friends. Unless you fight Haedyn, then you're unicorns. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Mastema
  • One cannot "spam" golem barrel - golems pick attacks semi-autonomously and barrel is one of the few that doesn't require bruising / limb breaks.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Let me redefine 'spam'. 

Setting it to not ever rotate from golem barrel causes it to proc pretty frequently, which results in you getting impaled in every other, or every third round if they insist on using it perpetually. I'm aware of how the Golem works, and Teradrim as a whole for that matter. Thanks. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • You are welcome.

Rho
  • Thankyou for the replies everyone. I have been trying to add more bruising stuff and those extra afflictions will help to ease the issues I was having. Now I need to get a parry setup going.
  • Instead of starting a new thread I decided to reuse this one for my questions.

My current issue is fight vampires, I have been trying to fight Jeromy at the moment and it ends up with me:

A.) Hitting his ghast twice then getting raped by his affliction output

OR

B.) Me hitting him 3-4 times with my halberd, then dieing from biles and damage while being overwhelmed by afflictions.

So how do you guys handle this, and what can I do to at least survive longer? I am really struggling with this particular class right now and it is driving me insane.

Here is two examples of what I see as I die!

http://www.logsty.com/logs/1NeDp

http://www.logsty.com/logs/SAuRh

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2013
    Press oculi/apply epidermal at least once every 7 seconds, biles are now useless against you.

You are curing waaaaaaaaaaay too slow. As your system says, you didn't cure the first paralysis for 1.4 seconds. It's hard to tell what exactly is going on since you have just about every line gagged and echoed, but there are a whole bunch of "it has no effect" lines whenever you eat something, dunno what's going on there.  
  • edited June 2013

Should I change my curing order then? I posted in another tread anyway in scripts etc.

Focus: <-- justed edited this as I found out in another thread it has a set order :( 

stupidity = "focus"},{

anorexia = "focus"},{

epilepsy = "focus"},{

mirroring = "focus"},{

paranoia = "focus"},{

halluncations = "focus"},{

shyness = "focus"},{

stuttering = "focus"},{

dizziness = "focus"},{

indifference = "focus"},{

berserking = "focus"},{

pacifism = "focus"},{

lovers = "focus"},{

hatred = "focus"},{

generosity = "focus"},{

claustrophobia = "focus"},{

vertigo = "focus"},{

loneliness = "focus"},{

agoraphobia = "focus"},{

masochism = "focus"},{

recklessness = "focus"},{

weariness = "focus"},{

--impatience = "focus"},{

confusion = "focus"},{

dementia = "focus"},{

premonition = "focus"

})

I think the whole "it has no effect" is because it outc liver slice 4 times and then tries to eat it four times!