The Death of Haven

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
These events happened a long, long time ago but enough time has passed that I'd like to share them. As a bit of disclaimer, there's some language in some of these logs. Also long logs are long. Proceed at your own risk!

A bit of background on the subject Haven has always struggled with his inner demons but in this stint they're beginning to get the best of him. His shame, his guilt, his anger. All of it starts catching up to him and breaking him down. In this first log, Lexen has always had problems with his health but now that he's endgame he sees an opportunity to rectify some of his ailments, particularly one with his heart. Haven seizes the opportunity to deal with two birds with one stone and offers himself up as a donor. Also as a bit of a side note, Lexen and Haven aren't actually brothers but they very much consider each other one after all the things they've been through together. They even under went some blood bond with Aren but that's for another time:

Truthfully, I was hella surprised at how many people were affected by Haven's death or even how many people it stretched out to. In any case, after about two in-game years, maybe a little less, after the arc's settled firmly in place, a group of people decided that they were just going to rip Haven back from the halls. There was some ritual Dhar's Order/Congregation members did but I don't have that part of the log unfortunately. As a bit of a sidenote, Amar is an alter ego you'll see that Haven developed over the years to cope with the psychological and physical trauma he went through growing up as a child. Anyway, this is what happened (alert, alert, alert: emoness ahead):

This next bit in the chapter dabbles a bit more into Haven's private life but I think it's important in conveying his gradual shift at the time to help explain some of his actions in future logs. The "love triangle" thing is a bit too complicated to properly explain here without going all the way back to the beginning. Feel free to skip this section: 

And finally we have the revelation of Haven's origins. It's a story few people know ICly:

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2
OrisaeMoireanLinLianca

Comments

• I dub the last log 'Haven sucks at courting women'.

Harr! I wish I was joking. Anyways, you know that I had a durn blast during that roleplay sesson. Very cinematic, I always thought. One of the few times I got so completely wrapped up in a roleplay sesson as much as I did. Great logs :)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    1. Daskalos looks at both Aren and Roux with a flicker of fear and concern, before turning to regard you with his fiery eyes, speechless.
    3. Orisae tells you, "They told me you were dead. You are not dead. They lied to me."
    5. Aren stares at you as well, unable to move, much less talk.
    7. Roux presses a hand to her mouth, ears pulling back so far they nearly disappear into her chaotic hair. She can't seem to get enough breath as she just stares at you through misting eyes.
    9. A cat looks at you unimpressed and saunters out to the west.

That cracked me up far more than it should have.

HavenIosyneMeyvitchLinAryanneLianca
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Haha, same here. That's why I kept it in the log! I nearly died when the cat walked out.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Illinian