Announce 2132 & 2133

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2132
Date: 5/31/2013 at 1:53
To : Everyone
Subj: Brief Combat Messages 
 Howdy, all.
We've just laid in place the framework for a system that will hopefully make your combat coding even more flexible. Combat messages are usually great depictions of thrilling action and gruesome injury, but they can be awfully hard to parse important details from in the heat of battle. With our new system of brief, standardized combat messages, similar to the affliction system, we hope to make that process a bit simpler.
CONFIG COMBATMESSAGES will show you your options. You may see only the brief message or see both the brief description and the more florid prose originally written. Additionally, regardless of your use of the combat message system, Aetolia will helpfully provide a GMCP message containing the name of the skill, who performed the skill, the target (if any) and the message typically associated with it.
The system is only currently in place for a small portion of the combat messages, but a successful trial run will end with the conversion of ALL skill-related messaging in Aetolia, and all the upcoming revamps will use this new system. Be sure to check out CONFIG COMBATMESSAGES and HELP COMBAT MESSAGES if you have any trouble, and always feel free to message me.
Oleis
Penned by my hand on the 12th of Severin, in the year 392 MA.
Liaison round is now open too with additional reports!

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2133
Date: 5/31/2013 at 3:26
To : Everyone
Subj: Liaison Submissions
Hello everyone!
We are starting a new round of liaison report submissions, so please, gather your thoughts and suggestions on tweaks and changes to your skills and submit them for discussion. Please consult HELP LIAISONS for information on how to prepare your reports, and do not be afraid to approach your liaisons if you have questions.
We have changed the maximum number of reports each person may submit to 6 for the round, so please keep that in mind.
Penned by my hand on the 13th of Severin, in the year 392 MA.
¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2
Xiuhcoatl

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2013
    We need a config color for the new messages. Not seen them in play that much, but I loooooove the option. Will help gather lines if needed? Scared for my first round as a liaison with the public reporting system. Love combat updates. Had sugar. <3 Aetolia.
    Oleis
  • i notice necromancy hasnt got the combat messages yet because ha ha who uses necromancy for pk anyway
    Atrapoema
  • This actually makes it super easy and useful to have your offense tailored to the class you're fighting against. A big up from me, no longer have to hunt down message for each class and can instead use GMCP to set that offense toggle doggling woggle boggle up. Also, hopefully the little tweaks that all the classes need can be done finally. ^.^ 
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    This actually makes it super easy and useful to have your offense tailored to the class you're fighting against. A big up from me, no longer have to hunt down message for each class and can instead use GMCP to set that offense toggle doggling woggle boggle up. Also, hopefully the little tweaks that all the classes need can be done finally. ^.^ 
    What if it's group combat?
    [spoiler]yes, I am aware there is a way to code around that possible oversight[/spoiler]

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"