A Roleplay Guide to Sapience

2»

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Why do NPCs know your name, even if you've never interacted with them?
    The way it works is, there's thousands of unnamed schmucks, herding the goats and sowing the fields and getting eaten by the low-level bloodloch vampires and stuff. Us player-characters? We're the adventurers. We're famous. People know our names because we are notable enough to warrant hearing about. Even if you've done nothing and you're fresh off the island, being a PC it's assumed that you're rad enough that the NPCs have probably heard about that suchandsuch guy. Maybe you punched a donkey in half as a kid or something.

Are Honours IC? How/why do we know this information?
    Along the lines of above- as a PC, you're notable enough to be 'known'. The stuff in your honours is what's widely known about you, so yes, it's IC. I personally like to RP as not knowing a great deal of what's on honours- Elea doesn't take much notice of that- but technically, it's what everyone knows. It's why I grumbled about the honours line for the Sneak incident- it shouldn't exist, because due to the nature of the Cabal, nobody would know that happened.

Why are most people forever young and beautiful? Was the proto-human race Fabio?
    I roleplay Elea being at a fixed age as her dicking around with Necromancy- if fading essence makes you age, obviously the correct application of it can halt you. The existence of old people as NPCs and otherwise could be attributed to non-adventurers not knowing how to halt oneself (by ~magic~ or strength of will) or as them wanting to age.

There was some mobpos once- for Sneak, of the Cabal, actually- which touched on this; she was sixteen physically, and when asked about it, she said "Well, I decided I wanted to stop, here. That's what people do, right? They just decide when to stop." Kind of an interesting culture point for the world of Aetolia if that's a thing.

How/why do we learn and forget skills? How can you justify no longer knowing how to use a sword when you switch classes?
    Clearly you are concentrating so hard on being able to blow stuff up with your voidstaff that there is no space to try and remember how to use the numbers or whatever.

LinAngweKonnornEmelleMeyvitch