What is this IMap, Mudbot thing, please?

I'm sorry in advance for failing at this kind of scripty.. coding.. programmer stuff.  D:

I just installed @Haven's Lilith system for MUSH, and it says to get these files for IMap and Mudbot.  I have the files.  I think I'm just.. missing something.  I couldn't figure it out on my own so I figured I'd suck it up and ask here.

How am I supposed to install and use Mudbot, and what is IMap?

Please help!
For her soul gives me sigh for sigh,
And all day long
Shines, bright and strong,
Astarte within the sky,

While ever to her dear Eulalie upturns her matron eye-
While ever to her young Eulalie upturns her violet eye.
             -E. A. Poe, Eulalie

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/38/i_mapper-continued

Mudbot + IMap is basically a fancypants mapper that lets you do all sorts of stuff, like gallop quickly to somewhere, search an entire area for someone, search by room names, mark down divine shrines, etc etc.
  • It sounds great, but I can't figure out how to actually install it..  I have the files downloaded.  Now what?  (*hides in shame*)
    For her soul gives me sigh for sigh,
    And all day long
    Shines, bright and strong,
    Astarte within the sky,

While ever to her dear Eulalie upturns her matron eye-
    While ever to her young Eulalie upturns her violet eye.
                 -E. A. Poe, Eulalie
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade

You simply extract the files from the archive, then run the Mudbot program.

Once you've done that, you need to modify your MUSHClient profile, so that instead of connecting to aetolia.com at port 23, you connect to localhost at port 123.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    Also, you'll want to get someone's actual map file, because without it you'll have to map the entire game yourself.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Doesn't @Lanira have a converter tool to download the games XML and make it into an IMAP?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."