Owned Part II

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Whoa. Y'all are jumping between arguments like an old, loving couple who have this down to a science.
    IlyonEsper
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    No, because that's a flavour thing. Arguments for audit should be based on class balance, not flavour of armoured vs unarmoured. If Carnifex were one day decreed not to be able to wear armour and Monks given fullplate, that doesn't mean their audits have to change accordingly because armoured classes should receive more audit than unarmoured classes. If you want to make the argument that a class needs a lower audit you have to look at the other capabilities of the class itself, not its flavour-given status of whether or not they can wear armour.
    SerriceIllikaalLanira
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Are we talking about vampire tankiness somehow now? If Praena needs an audit nerf, it's to balance out their high pressure offense and group survivability, IMO. I can't comment on templers, but I'll hopefully be sparring more once I work out a few basic kinks in my ferality offense (woo)!
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited May 2013
    Ezalor said:
    No, because that's a flavour thing. Arguments for audit should be based on class balance, not flavour of armoured vs unarmoured. If Carnifex were one day decreed not to be able to wear armour and Monks given fullplate, that doesn't mean their audits have to change accordingly because armoured classes should receive more audit than unarmoured classes. If you want to make the argument that a class needs a lower audit you have to look at the other capabilities of the class itself, not its flavour-given status of whether or not they can wear armour.
    Except that has nothing to do with the context of my argument.

My argument is that fullplate should logically grant Templars and Carnifex both the highest physical audits in the game. One unarmored class is currently not only beating them, but also competing with some of the more higher audits. I'm not really going to spend time debating whether Bloodborn is stronger/weaker than the other unarmored classes, but it really makes no sense that a class that was changed to be unarmored long ago in order to reduce their tankiness is now tankier than a class that wears fullplate. Otherwise, there's no reason to have different kinds of armor and restricting classes to certain kinds if there's no real "balance" to it. Hence, makes no sense and is pretty silly.
  • edited May 2013
    Armor as a means to increase physical audits is outright flavor. It's meant to spice things up, and is obviously not supposed to be an indicator of how tanky a class is or isn't. It really could just be removed entirely, because no, there's no reason for it to exist, or for there to be different types, other than it's interesting. That is the only reason why armor has stats and class restrictions. In the end, all that matters are the actual audits.

The point you're arguing seems to indicate that you wouldn't have an issue, or as much of one, if their physical audit were moved from whatever abilities, to a set of armor that they could wear. If you think they shouldn't be as tanky, then argue that point in regard to class balance.

Perhaps it would be simpler if physical audits were solely based on armor. But, that would require changing the armor types for a lot of classes, and thus change their look and feel. If class X is balanced at Y physical audit, but as per their RP concept, don't wear armor, then obviously they're going to get it some other way, otherwise you're placing RP above mechanics.
    LunaIllikaalEzalorEsper
  • Will test when I get online, on phone atm, but that looks like a bug, tonguelash is supposed to do the same damage for single whispers and dwhispers, not doubling it for the latter.

• Okay, found a way to reproduce the problem. It is indeed a bug - under some situations tonguelash becomes affected by str/int (not sure which), even though it's not supposed to.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    A clay golem (golem197339)
    --------------------------
    Room:      V-junction in an earthen tunnel.
    Area:      Xaanhal.
    Level:     85.
    Exp:       36891648/60000000.
    Health:    9350/9350.
    Escapes to:Perched above the world
    Paint:     Blue with gold.

My good little Golem, soon you'll be endgame like me!

I think I'll be a helpful liaison and check out bugs. Oh, here's a bug about animate taking all the clay you are holding, when it only needs 5.

You dig your hands into the earth before you, reaching downwards to grasp the tendrils of Earthen power that writhe imperceptibly beneath your very body. Dark power lashes upwards to meet you, the magic wreathing itself over your limbs as the earth gives way to form a writhing mass of dark clay and stone. The formless mass surges forward upon unsteady limbs as your servant takes shape, a shapeless head pushing forward from the mass as it slowly finds purchase with your will. You look upwards in satisfaction as your golem finishes its construction, eyes staring at you hollowly as the soulless warrior awaits your command.

Wait what. That made a...

A clay golem (golem9688)
    ------------------------
    Room:       Perched above the world.
    Area:       The Edge of Reality.
    Level:      50.
    Exp:        0/533594.
    Health:     3000/5500.
    Escapes to: (nowhere)

...a new golem...

A clay golem (golem9688)
    ------------------------

"Grrrrrr," you say.

"Grrrrrr," you say.

"Grrrrrr," you say.

A clay golem (golem9688)
    ------------------------

You are holding:
    "clay66105"              a lump of clay.
    "clay67413"              a lump of clay.
    "clay67458"              a lump of clay.
    "clay69093"              a lump of clay.
    "clay69553"              a lump of clay.

...and the bug didn't even repro. ;_;
  • http://pastie.org/7829584

Annnd hands off keyboard.

Next on list: rebounding tracker.
    Moirean
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited May 2013
    Edit: I've bugged it so never mind.
  • So in the recent Spinesreach bloodbath, this happened.

For those who don't want to read the log, Xiuhcoatl spammed drink vial "Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from an Ascendril Academy vial." exactly 1942 times in the span of less than 6 seconds.

He spammed it so hard, that he literally froze my system for a moment because of the shear amount of text coming in.  The entire thing of him just drinking is 83 pages long.  The fastest machine guns in the word have a rate of fire of about 100 rounds a second.  At 342 commands to 'drink vial' a second, he beats their rate of fire by a huge margine.
    MoireanAryanneLunaAldric
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    He did that in my room, too. Cmud crashed from the spam.

Also, I like how every 50 sips or so, he thew in some variety!

1. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from an Ascendril Academy vial.
    2. H:5200 M:6000 E:100% W:99% B:100% XP:92% [csdb eb]-+++++-
    3. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from a simple black and red vial with gold trim.
    4. H:5200 M:6000 E:100% W:99% B:100% XP:92% [csdb eb]-+++++-
    5. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from an Ascendril Academy vial.
    VinyarionXiuhcoatl
  • If you got ping, and you know it, sip on your vial, and show it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Xiuhcoatl? Spam? He would never do that!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Killing three systems with spam has to be some sort of record.  Unfortunately for Xiuhcoatl one of those was his own, and he spammed himself until he died of voyria.
    LunaEzalorAngweTza
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    You should have seen what happened when Serrice and I hardlocked him super quickly. Thank unicorns Serrice got that spinecut off super quickly. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Aren't there stories going around of that being an intentional "tactic"? I swear, that's gotta be made illegal somehow.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited May 2013
    15.7 SPAMMING
    Spamming, in the context of Aetolia, is the sending of repeated amount of
    unwanted text to someone for the purposes of harrassment. Doing this can have
    severe consequences, and the failure of someone to respond to you is never
    grounds for spamming.

It already is illegal to intentionally spam.  If you were to say, make an alias and a trigger in your system to 'blink' 2000 times at once and totally gag the blink message, in order to stall, freeze, or crash someone's system, you would be probably be shrubbed without the admins even warning you.  As far as I am aware, spamming intentionally in combat has always been illegal.  I don't think that's what's going on here though.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I would crash my system way faster than I would crash anyone else's, gag or no.

• Moirean
    said:
    He did that in my room, too. Cmud crashed from the spam.

Also, I like how every 50 sips or so, he thew in some variety!

1. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from an Ascendril Academy vial.
    2. H:5200 M:6000 E:100% W:99% B:100% XP:92% [csdb eb]-+++++-
    3. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from a simple black and red vial with gold trim.
    4. H:5200 M:6000 E:100% W:99% B:100% XP:92% [csdb eb]-+++++-
    5. Xiuhcoatl takes a drink from an Ascendril Academy vial.
    1. System didn't crash, hit aetolia's buffer and got disconnected. There are systems in place for if you screw up scripting something and spam the server. 
    2. I remember the exact thought process that went into that, because I thought why in the world would I need a voyria timer variable. It's not like voyria is spammed by people and it's not like I'd hit much lag, so at most I'd send the command 1-3 times before I cured it. That coupled with retardation and fighting 2 people made my system just bug out, from everything sending sip voyria, somehow the first sip didn't stop it and it just kept going and going. I was like hmm, time to put in a control variable for this, since they actually put immunity/levitation/speed on a cooldown now. 
    3. Arbre you'd actually be surprised how easily older client such as Cmud and Zmud crash while receiving even medium amounts of messages. People complaining of the lag during big teamfights from like 2 years ago was entirely based on the client they were on/hardware.
    Considering you spam me out perpetually anytime I tag you with stupidity (funny how you don't do it when it's hidden) and I don't ever crash, your argument is invalid. FUNNY. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Illidan that is funny, how if you give someone hidden stupidity it'll change their commands to emotes. Commands that normally are only visible to the person sending them, like passive standing after I get hit, sipping, wielding, and the like. You know, those hidden checkers that you need to go against a class with passive loki spamming. Yeah, those messages just so happen to change to emotes when I get stupidity from loki. Not only that, but it messes up a whole bunch of them at a single time. Hmm, it's almost like that's what stupidity does. You know, changing the input you send to random emotes and other things. Think about what you just said. 
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    3. Arbre you'd actually be surprised how easily older client such as Cmud and Zmud crash while receiving even medium amounts of messages. People complaining of the lag during big teamfights from like 2 years ago was entirely based on the client they were on/hardware.
    Nah, that was my point.  I crash my system regularly.
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    Illidan that is funny, how if you give someone hidden stupidity it'll change their commands to emotes. Commands that normally are only visible to the person sending them, like passive standing after I get hit, sipping, wielding, and the like. You know, those hidden checkers that you need to go against a class with passive loki spamming. Yeah, those messages just so happen to change to emotes when I get stupidity from loki. Not only that, but it messes up a whole bunch of them at a single time. Hmm, it's almost like that's what stupidity does. You know, changing the input you send to random emotes and other things. Think about what you just said. 
    I know what I just said, actually. My point being that you spam infinitely less when you're delivered hidden stupidity, as opposed to when it's given to you unhidden. Just makes someone, you know. Wonder. Think about what I just said. 
  • edited May 2013

Illidan said:
    Xiuhcoatl said:
    Illidan that is funny, how if you give someone hidden stupidity it'll change their commands to emotes. Commands that normally are only visible to the person sending them, like passive standing after I get hit, sipping, wielding, and the like. You know, those hidden checkers that you need to go against a class with passive loki spamming. Yeah, those messages just so happen to change to emotes when I get stupidity from loki. Not only that, but it messes up a whole bunch of them at a single time. Hmm, it's almost like that's what stupidity does. You know, changing the input you send to random emotes and other things. Think about what you just said. 
    I know what I just said, actually. My point being that you spam infinitely less when you're delivered hidden stupidity, as opposed to when it's given to you unhidden. Just makes someone, you know. Wonder. Think about what I just said. 
    Why is it surprising? His system obviously won't react to hidden stupidity until it figures out he's afflicted with it.

Anyone wanting to use actual spam tactics in combat wouldn't do so with stupidity anyway, because spamming commands while stupid will just ensure you hit the dreaded SECRETS jackpot more often than not.
    Illidan said:
     if you ever see me killing someone (newbies especially) it's because I've had good reason to do so
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Or sleep! That's a pretty useful one too when they're trying to tumble away.

• Praenomen Rammus versus Shaman Kaeus.

I really don't have any idea what's going on against a shaman in this log, Could someone explain it please?

• Looks like 10 sec timed insta you didn't hinder or gtfo for.
  • Yeah I figured as much about the actual death but I've not seen it.  Normally it is omen that kills me.  This insta anything different or just another cleave type?  
  • Dhagon tells you, "Glad to see you can't do shit without Moirean."
    Dhagon tells you, "Expect a visit."
    You tell Novitiate Dhagon Quintus, "See you in Delos."
    Dhagon tells you, "Oh, don't think you're scheduling this."
    Dhagon tells you, "You're not that lucky."
    You tell Novitiate Dhagon Quintus, "I'll come for you. Expect me."

Ignore my still unfamiliar tin can offense. This was my first time actually field testing it, will clean up.

http://pastebin.com/51EDU5Pj

mmm syssin jump