Artifact ideas

Comments

• Illidan said:
    @Xavin I don't think it would be a problem with monks or daru, it certainly would not be a problem with teradrim (you can technically get to level 3 balance there by having level 3 eq and using the gold runes on your crozier), if it were not for the dstab artifact (which at level 3 reduces dstab by a lot more than 7%) it would not be a problem with syssin.  It wouldn't be a problem with consanguine, bloodborn, carnifex (the problems with that class would remain the same but they wouldn't be caused by an artifact like this, plus speed caps at 2 seconds already).  The only problem with Indorani might be with hanged man and you could cap the speed of that skill somewhere

So basically we might end up with problems with templars, lycans, syssin (if the dstab artifact remains), and perhaps sentinels.

The solution to problem skills? Cap the speed of skills that would be overpowered by this.

I feel like the 'cap the speed' thing keeps getting passed over.
    Lol. "Lets get a +bal artifact." said every noncom ever.

Things already balanced AROUND the speed cap, which is dexterous. They're not going to release a +speed artifact, because frankly, you have no idea what you're talking about. 

I don't know why in god's name a Teradrim would need a speed bonus when they already have momentum. Incompetence is my only guess. 
    It would be nice if you could have a single reply where you didn't have to act like a unicorn about it man.  I just made a suggestion, you didn't have to reply with something telling me that I'm incompetent.  People like you are the reason I used to avoid the forums so much in the old days.  I apparently don't learn these lessons very well.
    MoireanMalokKiyotanKonnornPerilunaLinAlexinaArbre
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Illidan said:
    @Xavin I don't think it would be a problem with monks or daru, it certainly would not be a problem with teradrim (you can technically get to level 3 balance there by having level 3 eq and using the gold runes on your crozier), if it were not for the dstab artifact (which at level 3 reduces dstab by a lot more than 7%) it would not be a problem with syssin.  It wouldn't be a problem with consanguine, bloodborn, carnifex (the problems with that class would remain the same but they wouldn't be caused by an artifact like this, plus speed caps at 2 seconds already).  The only problem with Indorani might be with hanged man and you could cap the speed of that skill somewhere

So basically we might end up with problems with templars, lycans, syssin (if the dstab artifact remains), and perhaps sentinels.

The solution to problem skills? Cap the speed of skills that would be overpowered by this.

I feel like the 'cap the speed' thing keeps getting passed over.
    Lol. "Lets get a +bal artifact." said every noncom ever.

Things already balanced AROUND the speed cap, which is dexterous. They're not going to release a +speed artifact, because frankly, you have no idea what you're talking about. 

I don't know why in god's name a Teradrim would need a speed bonus when they already have momentum. Incompetence is my only guess. 
    It would be nice if you could have a single reply where you didn't have to act like a unicorn about it man.  I just made a suggestion, you didn't have to reply with something telling me that I'm incompetent.  People like you are the reason I used to avoid the forums so much in the old days.  I apparently don't learn these lessons very well.
    Then you probably shouldn't be making statements that you obviously have no data to back it up with. 

To say that "A +bal artifact won't make X Y and Z class over the top" when you clearly don't fight ever, if at all REALLY bothers me. The simple answer to your question is yes, a +bal artifact would create HUGE problems by putting balance modified classes over the top, when they're already strong. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited April 2013
    <P>Yeah +bal would be scary I think. What about an artifact to extend the sand you guys make by one more room. Or I like the idea of a golem chain that makes it not die forever ( if that is the case) but instead vanishes to the pillars for a day ( like Sarita said). After which it comes back and just loses xp. </P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>In terms of Carnifex I would love a way buffing a single hound for 5-10% extra damage, a bit like the old falcon talons. Not sure if it would be over the top or not.</P>
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Mastema said:

Yeah +bal would be scary I think. What about an artifact to extend the sand you guys make by one more room. Or I like the idea of a golem chain that makes it not die forever ( if that is the case) but instead vanishes to the pillars for a day ( like Sarita said). After which it comes back and just loses xp.

In terms of Carnifex I would love a way buffing a single hound for 5-10% extra damage, a bit like the old falcon talons. Not sure if it would be over the top or not.

Well, Carnifex may or may not be getting a complete overhaul in the near future(tm). They need it. Badly. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • Very true, and yes soon (tm)
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Mastema said:

What about an artifact to extend the sand you guys make by one more room. Or I like the idea of a golem chain that makes it not die forever ( if that is the case) but instead vanishes to the pillars for a day ( like Sarita said). After which it comes back and just loses xp.

I would prefer to the see golem's 'death' mechanic changed to something that's more like the carnifex hounds altogether, which is what you're describing, rather than have to buy an artifact for that, but it's a good idea either way.
    Natasya
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited April 2013
    In my humble opinion, reduce dexterous and wise to level 1 speed bonuses (possibly allocate an extra point of con to these if this is implemented). Those few skills that demand a level two bonus to be useful at all could have their speeds tinkered with. This would make the other statpacks a bit more viable for combat.
    DaskalosIllikaal
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Do you realize how much that affects across the game? If you increase the skills that need that speed, then people would just go to the heaviest hitting statpacks that are now at a faster speed and eclipse the DPS they can get now.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Illikaal
    Time to go Herculean Monk, Sentinel, and Templar. 

Daskalos said:
    Do you realize how much that affects across the game? If you increase the skills that need that speed, then people would just go to the heaviest hitting statpacks that are now at a faster speed and eclipse the DPS they can get now.
    Skills that require speed are generally speaking affliction-based skills that have to compete with focus, herb, tree, etc. As it is now, speed statpacks already serve as damage statpacks - moreso even when you take artifacts into consideration. Furthermore, combat as a whole needs to be slowed down just a bit. I didn't think you'd argue against that, but I suppose I was wrong.

Illidan said:
    Wouldn't it be awesome if herculean was as viable a statpack as any of the other statpacks? I think it'd be great.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I'm not arguing against slowing down combat, but you didn't suggest slowing down combat. By taking away racial balance and speeding up skills, you'll just end up making -all- the statpacks faster, which will effectively make dexterous ignored and the others used as suddenly faster speeds get combined with stronger stats.

Come back to Aet, Lexi! I missss you.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Okay! I spent some time in Achaea, and they did this interesting thing with iron coin (well, their version of them) artifacts. Basically, every so often, I think maybe once or twice per year, they would remove a few items from their special currency shop and replace them with new ones. It is awesome because they bring back some of the more popular ones in auctions or as special rewards in events and such while not suffering from the same deflation in prices (because new artifacts would show up so people would want those and the price of crowns/coins would remain high). Just one idea for the artifact thread.
    Alexina said:

Daskalos said:
    Skills that require speed are generally speaking affliction-based skills that have to compete with focus, herb, tree, etc. As it is now, speed statpacks already serve as damage statpacks - moreso even when you take artifacts into consideration. Furthermore, combat as a whole needs to be slowed down just a bit. I didn't think you'd argue against that, but I suppose I was wrong.

Illidan said:
    Wouldn't it be awesome if herculean was as viable a statpack as any of the other statpacks? I think it'd be great.
    It is, for some classes already. They're also going to be reworking several classes over the course of the rest of this year, and next, and likely the year after that. Who's to say they won't make them viable for the pre-existing statpacks? 
  • Idea #3541   Section: unassigned   Support: 1
    2013/05/09 03:33:46: Add a HAMMER THROW artifact to Qeddwyn's shop, as an alternative to bows, that acts similarly to Carnifex's HAMMER THROW.

Because real men hurl hammers.

IllikaalLunaStathan
  • Let me buy absolve, as well.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MastemaAngweEzalorDaskalosStathan
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Someone mentioned to me that in one of the IRE games (I can't remember which one) there's an artifact shelf for shopkeepers which when DROPPED in a shop stockroom, it expands the maximum capacity of the stockroom by 50 items or something like that.

I don't know if that's a thing that can be done here, but if it could be made into a purchasable artifact, it would make shopkeepers (or maybe just me >_> ) insanely happy.
    KerrynAtrapoemaMoireanErzsebet
  • edited May 2013
    An item that lets you WRITE BOOK AS <pseudonym>.

No existing npc / player names, I'd even be comfortable with this being a 'submit for approval' process to assign a specific name to your item. Right now, there's no way to write a book under any name but your own - and there's rp potential in the books that could be written if they weren't directly connected to a player character.

Edit:

An item that lets you view the description of anyone you want. There are a lot of older characters that're never going to wake up ever again, and in trying to create memorial items for past guild masters or whatnot, sometimes it can be very difficult to track down what they actually looked like.
    LinMoirean
  • I don't think Hammer throw should be a universal skill.. I think some classes should keep their skills rather than just throwing them to everybody.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
    AtrapoemaLuthien
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I'd just really like to be a Sentinel with absolve, plz.

Or a Sentinel with any instakill besides spinecut.

Timed instakill plz.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    We call it behead.

Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Real men brainsmash.
    AarbrokRivasMephistolesIllikaalXiuhcoatl
    Barda said:
    I don't think Hammer throw should be a universal skill.. I think some classes should keep their skills rather than just throwing them to everybody.
    Well I mean, technically speaking, Syssin are the only class in the game that have bows in their skillset. The only thing that separates their snipes from regular bow shots is a hidden deathsight. Atrapoema is probably just referring to having throwable hammers as basically a reskin. This doesn't mean that everyone throwing hammers would suddenly have access to soul sacrifice, or have their hammers stun the target on hit, etc. It'd be like asking for throwing knives, or shuriken in place of bows. 
    AtrapoemaAlexina
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Uhh?

Weaponry - Throwing

You have now gained skill enough to drastically improve your chances of hitting an opponent with a thrown weapon.

You cock back your arm and throw a blackened warhammer southwest at Taurnil.
    Your warhammer struck Taurnil square and true!
    The warhammer swiftly returns to your hand.
    AtrapoemaIllikaal
    edited May 2013
    Originally, there were three classes with bows, so they weren't exactly all that unique. Having an artifact throwing hammer is a very neat idea, because who doesn't like hammers? Also, I really liked the idea of the bola when it first came out, but never got one because I got told it wasn't all that very useful.
    Atrapoema
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    @Moirean: scales off of dex instead of str like Hammer Throw and the damage formulas are all off. Weaponry Throwing != Savagery Hammer Throw and it's a misrepresentation to even imply that they're at all similar beyond 'you're throwing a hammer at someone'.

AtrapoemaIllikaal
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2013
    Illidan said:
    Atrapoema is probably just referring to having throwable hammers as basically a reskin. This doesn't mean that everyone throwing hammers would suddenly have access to soul sacrifice, or have their hammers stun the target on hit, etc. 
    This is what I was referring to. I thought Illidan was implying that hammers couldn't be thrown. No hostility or trolling was intended.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    SetneTozKiyotan
  • I love that show.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited May 2013
    Illidan said:
    Barda said:
    I don't think Hammer throw should be a universal skill.. I think some classes should keep their skills rather than just throwing them to everybody.
    Well I mean, technically speaking, Syssin are the only class in the game that have bows in their skillset. The only thing that separates their snipes from regular bow shots is a hidden deathsight. Atrapoema is probably just referring to having throwable hammers as basically a reskin. This doesn't mean that everyone throwing hammers would suddenly have access to soul sacrifice, or have their hammers stun the target on hit, etc. It'd be like asking for throwing knives, or shuriken in place of bows. 
    Actually I second the request for shurikens, I would name mine the Killing Star and I would reign death and destruction upon all of my foes. I would then mount the Battle Armored Dragon Assault Strike System and love every second of it. 

+10 kudos if anyone knows what I'm actually talking about. -1000 kudos if you disliked even a second of that.
    KerocAarbrokEzalor
  • Since Tacticians Handbook is kinda..meh. 1 hour cut to 10 minutes isn't that great when the perks of masteries got cut down so significantly.

What I'd like to see is an artifact that would reduce the health 'sacrificed' for Sacrifice. I would definitely buy it, since I use sacrifice for bashing to get a decent DPS rate. With the loss of resistance aura, and even the magic reduction being reduced unless running Protection as an AURA rather than blessing, we've become rather squishtastic when it comes to elemental bashing (Volcano, Xaanhal, certain parts of Tiyen). Yes we have fullplate, which is great for the cutting/blunt nazetu and such, but to everything else, especially without the 10% of endgame buff, cut to 5% (Can't believe how much a difference that made!) it makes it rough.

Sure I can bash without sacrifice..but Smoke elementals without sacrifice? I do a whopping 400 damage a round with my bastard against them..it takes like 8 minutes to kill one >.<