Locktastic

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited April 2013 in Combat Logs
I keep getting venom locked fairly quickly. I've moved onto a new system (Citadel) and I am not sure if it is the system, changes to Syssin, my own offensive choices (though I really didn't have to MAKE any!), etc. Help appreciated. Also, why doesn't flood show phased (and unphased) people entering anymore?

And in reading the log, I noticed the error with weapon switch from icon, and with venom wiping. Upgrading to CMUD from zMUD has me still ironing out constant issues of compatibility. :/
Tza

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I fed your donkey an apple after the fight. I think he's still there, but I'm not sure. Also, I mechanically couldn't give the apple to him, so you'll just have to trust me on this one.

• Oh-mi-god! A combat log!

While I'm sorry to not have anything constructive to contribute, I'm going to like your post just because of that @Moirean. <3
  • After looking over that log I noticed two main issues:

First, all your weapon stuff.. Just wow..

Second, due to all of the above your offensive was near nonexistent. He was able to keep the pressure on consistently. Almost any class can keep up a ton of pressure if unhindered. I really think fixing the above
    should help you in this situation.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, like I said, recently switched to CMUD and all of my settings got moved all over the place and there are errors with syntax I'm still pinpointing. My biggest headache is that I used to use @%1 for all of my venoms/affs (eg impatience when in Lumi)/weapons/etc etc and just ran central aliases to parse my attacks with what specific thing I wanted. Apparently CMUD doesn't recognize that, so it's a fairly tedious task to hunt down everything to update.

I feel like fixing that wouldn't entirely sort things out, though? Once the snaps went off, it was pretty much gg. I know hypnosis has changed a bit (even more since yesterday, since vigilance won't stop lock attempts now) so I might be missing something vital with that - the last time I played with hypnosis, it was something you wove in between dstabs, with an eventual snap and a slow chain of afflictions ticking every few seconds, but that obviously isn't what is happening here. There are also a lot of snaps in a row, but I thought hypnosis was on its own internal balance?
    edited April 2013
    The snaps don't mean anything beyond the first - I used to snap with a dstab at a certain affliction threshold to start the whole thing off, but of late I just manually snap right at the beginning. Disregard the snaps. They just look snazzy now.

I also wouldn't say you were getting locked quickly. Sure, there aren't any timestamps, but a 'very quick' truelock would be be over in less than a minute from first snap to finish (and I've done that before too!). I believe I actually had to go through 2-3 iterations of hypnosis to lock you down. 

edited April 2013
    Well, that's because I was spamming fitness. That's not really tenable to do and maintain an offense.

Anyways, sounds like the problem is on my end. Hopefully cleaning up my settings will make me less derpy.
    edited April 2013
    Don't think flooding shows steps if the person has zephyr.

EDIT: Loud splashes reveal someone leaving the room.
    Just saw that in the log.

Yeah, I swear it used to also show when people entered.

It did. I do think it's related to zephyr - in which case, it could be a bug that the exit line is showing at all.

I don't see why zephyr should hide that message. There are ways, with skills, to avoid the message being shown. Zephyr shouldn't hide normal walking.
  • edited April 2013
    Entering and exiting shows a message. I hated it for a long time as it made no sense to me that while phased you can interact with water but not doors or anything! So it is one of those things I have firmly planted in my brain when I go syssin.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™