MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• The very ending and the epilogue was so heartbreakingly beautiful, I threw the book across the room.

• Orisae said:
    The very ending and the epilogue was so heartbreakingly beautiful, I threw the book across the room.
    She got me at the Rue scene.

But okay. Unless I frame this in a manner where I'm mad, mad, MAD, I will stop talking about this. =p
  • Car troubles/Insurance/Renewing Tags+ Not enough money for all of it = I hate the moneypit that a vehicle is but I don't think I can live without the convenience of having one. 
    HavenAngwe
  • Resident's families that ring pendants for me to fix their relative's cable, get the family boxes, do the family's laundry, or to get them some food. It wouldn't be so bad if we weren't understaffed but I would like to point out that my certs are in First aid, wound care and my AS is in Human Services. We do important work and it can be frustrating to run from one room to another thinking it's an emergency to get there and find out the resident's son wants more mayo for his sandwitch.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Realizing how bitter you're getting :-/

ValenaeLinArbre
  • Waking four hours after going to bed with the same headache you fell asleep with. 

At least I feel mildly rested.. but now I'm going to fall asleep sometime in the morning. I have things to do tomorrow!
    Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm supposed to have been asleep 3 hours ago. Halp.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited December 2012
    I've been reading through Achaea's event posts and now I'm madly jealous.

:/
    LinAngwe
  • The bipolarness of the weather here. It's December so you'd think it would be cold right? It's only cold at night and shorts wearing hot during the day. Which doesn't feel like Christmas is coming. :(
  • edited December 2012
    Thats sorta how it is here. Mixes of warm and mildly cool weather. I wore shorts most of last week. 

I HATE IT.
  • Lingering nervousness and anxiety when there's no reason for me to feel that way. Sort of like having a weighted measure of guilt or something on my shoulders that I can't seem to do away with. I'm afraid that it's affecting my interactions with other people and making me feel more clingy and critical of myself.

It's taking forever to go away and driving me nuts. So awful. :(

Lin
  • So, we were just told that we are practically being forced out of our apartment, due to a 40% raise on the rent because they want to build another floor on the house and add an elevator, something 2-4 out of the residents are willing, wanting or able to pay. Buildings will start in April and we have to terminate the lease 3 months in advance, meaning we now have to find a new apartment before the end of January to make it work, and that's in a city with practically NO free apartments as is.

Merry christmas or something..

• Writer's block. >:|
    Haven
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Haven
  • Whelp. My laptop is kinda trashed. Was doing some OS updates and apparently one of the updates was corrupt.now I have to locate a new cD to install the os
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited December 2012
    You know what I'm sick of hearing? That I've offended somebody.

Do you know what it means when you say I've offended you and that I need to change something? It means that you can't handle your emotional responses, so you need me to do it for you. How about I stab you in the face.

Edit: And Jesus Christ, before the politically-correct feelgood train jumps on me, I'm not exactly throwing racial slurs or dropping my pants in front of people, here. I'm referring to mature topics that adults can/should be able to handle.
  • Lin said:
    You know what I'm sick of hearing? That I've offended somebody.

Do you know what it means when you say I've offended you and that I need to change something? It means that you can't handle your emotional responses, so you need me to do it for you. How about I stab you in the face.

Edit: And Jesus Christ, before the politically-correct feelgood train jumps on me, I'm not exactly throwing racial slurs or dropping my pants in front of people, here. I'm referring to mature topics that adults can/should be able to handle.
    Not perfectly relevant, but this is fond quote of mine:
    LinHavenEmelle
  • Stephen Fry <3
    LinHaven
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2012
    I think it was Valenae who posted this video to the old forums.

It's amazing, and most of his stuff is.

Steve Hughes - Offended

Edit - On topic, some rage. I am raging that I have been thusfar unable to find a job, despite actively looking for quite a while in a town so small that I'm probably the only applicant to six of the seven places I've tried with 'help wanted' signs in the window, and it's getting close to the point where I won't be able to buy any giftmas gifts, and I hate feeling poor despite not actually being there yet, and I hate the feeling that I might not get a job before I -am- poor, and then I'll need to find some way to convince my sister that me not paying rent isn't a cause to stab me with both knives and guilt.

I just want a job. I'm not even asking for a GOOD job. I applied at an all night convenience store, dammit. I even offered to work the retarded night shift, which I'm told no one wants to work. I've spoken to managers at every place I've applied. I EVEN USED A LINT BRUSH ON MY FLEECE COAT.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • so my boss is getting married and most of us have decided to pool our money together to get him something nice. Except one. He has decided that since he didn't get invited to the wedding that he's not going to participate. I just want to tell him to get over it. none of us got invited because the bride's family suddenly added 200 people to the guest list and my boss is the one paying for the wedding. It's a small business so it's not like he's got loads of money for that many extra people. and the rest of us are still being decent enough people to wish him well and get him a gift. I don't get people sometimes.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Winter blues. They need to go away.
    AmaraAlexinaAldricArbre
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Orisae said:
    Whelp. My laptop is kinda trashed. Was doing some OS updates and apparently one of the updates was corrupt.now I have to locate a new cD to install the os
    What OS? I think I got a CD or three lying around somewhere. If not I might be able to grab my comp wiz friend for one.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Orisae
  • I had and reinstalled vista but I think that I might switch to linux soon. :)
    Amara
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Linux is good stuff.
    Amara
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Getting a call and finding out some asshole in Arizona stole my identity and took all the money out of my bank account. Now I have to get a new card, go to the bank tomorrow and have them restore the funds (I've already contested all the charges).

Meh.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Be on the lookout for some newbie starting the game with a LOAD of artifacts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HavenArbreKiyotanIllikaalLin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'm so proud of you, Rivas, it only took you 48 hours to think of that joke. In an update, a police report has been filed, the charges all disputed, and they'll restore my funds as soon as Visa restores them back to the bank. The bad part is not having a debit card for the next 2 weeks.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• The Flu :(.
    imageimage
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Job hunting.

I went back to the first round of places I applied to today, just to touch base.

I got some very polite variations on the same speech.

'We're not currently looking, but your resume is on file, and we'll call you if something comes up.'

I almost want to cry. I'm not totally poor yet, but.. if I don't get a job in the next month or so, I will be out of savings and thus unable to pay rent, and my sister has already done the math - though I do not in any way consume enough resources to be more costly than my share of the rent, it's still not worth it for her to pay my share of the rent -and- cost for my general necessities.

I totally understand, and I'm not even close to griping about her decision. I just.. I really don't want to have to move back to the city and my old job and my roommate and her horrible children. I mean, it's totally better than homelessness - my roommate herself was really good, it was her parenting that wasn't - but it feels like a giant step away from the life I've started to build here, and the future I'd been hoping to have.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • I hear ya Daingean. I got laid off two weeks ago (probably not as long as you've been out) But I completely lack savings at this point, not to mention my significant other had her hours reduced at the exact same time I was fired. I'm running out of places to apply to before I have to break down and flip patties. I know it's stupid and elitist to think 'I'm better than that' but...damn it I am. I have 2 degrees, a crap load of technical knowledge, and tons of creativity, but -everything- that involves those things wants you to have 4+ years of experience

I'm hngging at the fact there is essentially no way to -get- that experience, if all anyone wants is that. Entry-level doesn't friggin exist unless you 'know somebody' and even then, you better hope that somebody is in HR.
    Amara