Delosian Daily: Class Guides

IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
edited April 2013 in Sparring Grounds
Hey guys! Due to the several recent discussions regarding combat learning curves and whatnot, I've decided to create a thread in which the pros of Aetolia can write out guides for the classes that they have had success with! People wanting to learn how to operate a specific class can feel free to come here for tips! I'm going to lay out a criteria that doesn't have to be followed to the teeth, but is just a general basis to go by. This Criteria includes: 

*The class you are writing a guide for

*The pros and cons of the class

*Equipment and skills necessary for the route you are writing for in your guide.

*Suggested level of automation, whether full, semi, or none. 

*What classes your class counters, and the other classes that your class can be countered by. It might be better to list specific skills. 

*Explain the goal that your class needs to attain to ultimately kill the opponent, and explain how to get there from start to finish. 

*Explain different routes to take if you're snowballing offensively, and or needing to stall and buy time to regain your footing.

*Explain the tools that your class has at their disposal to deal with annoying hinderances (like raze+blaze for shield/rebounding people for Templar) 

*List what skills they can use for optimization in group fights, and which to avoid if any. 

*List other classes that your class may synergize well, or poorly with. 

*Optional: List any artifacts that would be particularly beneficial to your class, and any artifacts that can counter your class. 

Now I'm sure some of you are probably thinking to yourselves, "There's no way I'm going to do that. I don't want X person to know all of my class' strengths and weaknesses." I personally pity anyone who thinks that, honestly. I believe that combat should be fair to everyone, and for everyone that participates to know what they're doing, and what they're up against. If you're continually winning fights because someone, say, didn't know know how to avoid Death or Wheel Tarot, then you probably don't deserve to win vs someone who knows what they're doing. 

You should really be viewing this as an opportunity to help other people/guild members who are otherwise inept with a class you are familiar with to get them to understand it better. So pros, start writing!

Daskalos' Wall of Luminary ethics can be sifted through here
"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
MoireanAldricEsperMastemaAlastairIosyneAngweSlypheArekaEzalorMinaraelJensenDrahkuna

Comments

• This is an awesome idea Illidan. Kudos to you for initiating it.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    EsperAngweDrahkuna
  • Agreed. I totally think you should start with shaman too, @Illidan. From what I'm gathering not many people seem to know it well or understand it (I know I don't!).
    MastemaArbre
  • edited April 2013
    @illidan Just a suggestion, but rather than do all the classes in this thread, I'd say do each class in its own thread.  That way, its far easier for people to follow/discuss stuff for their specific class rather than trying to wade through a crowded thread.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    A mighty fine idea good sir. I was halfway asleep when I came up with the concept and didn't think it through. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • First, I’d like to give props to Illidan. I think this thread is an extremely good idea. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Syssin –

Equipment : Dirk, whip, and a shield.

Least amount of skills:

Subterfuge – up to Weaving

Venom – up to Camus
                    Hypnosis – up to Sleights

Suggested skill levels:

Subterfuge – up to Weaving

Venom – Transcendent               
                    Hypnosis – Transcendent
                   Vision – Transcendent
                   Avoidance – Transcendent
                   Weaponry – up to Envenom

Automation:  Full

Class difficulties:

Stupidity – Due to how Syssin works, we have to send in a large variety of commands in each attack sequence.

Damage – Multiple classes can kill Syssin by simply bashing them to death.
                    Tracking – Hypnosis tracking is abit more difficult than tracking other things. Also, Syssin have to carefully track all their afflictions on their opponent.
                    Afflictions – Learning all the venoms and the proper way to stack them for your needs.

Kill Goals:

Truelock – asthma, slickness, paralysis, impatience, and disrupt.

Garrotelock – Mess your opponent up enough to do a behead like attack.
                    Voyria – Opponent just won’t lock but is afflicted?  Voyria for the kill.

Hindrance Removal:

Flay – Strip them of rebounding while you give a poison.

Group fights:

If you want kills, leave the room and snipe.

Artifacts:

Syssin Charm, health_bonus, enhancement, constitution

IshinDrahkunaYedan
  • Also maybe see if you can get your own section for it, Class guides

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Tonight or this weekend I'll put up the Luminary combat information I wrote up about 6 months ago.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• edited April 2013
    Balzic said:

Afflictions – Learning all the venoms and the proper way to stack them for your needs.

Truelock – asthma, slickness, paralysis, impatience, and disrupt. 

This could be given its own thread in terms of guides, I think.

E: And you forgot to list anorexia/belonephobia under tlock.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
  • If you want, you can throw up the stuff I posted to Frontline about using classes in team situations. Been awhile, honestly barely remember what is in it, but I do recall writing out some basic stuff at one point for a few classes.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

While I'm writing out my guide, I'd just like to throw this in there for the people who are responsible for the Aetolia Wiki. 

Would you please keep AB files up to date so we can insert hyperlinks for people to click on things that will automatically redirect them to the website. For example, I could list "Feather Fetish" as a hyperlink which will connect them to the AB file listed at the website. 

If you need AB files, there's always the classpick mod, or I can help you out with the classes that I have, etc. Please and thankyou!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Daskalos: please make that all one thread instead of the insanity you just made (preferably better formatted too).  I'll delete the dead ones after.
    LuthienEsperMastemaAlastairArekaLinSeir
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited April 2013
    Would those of you who really know the ins and outs of your classes consider staged guides? 

IE, A guide for tri-skilled, just basics, a guide for tri-virt, then for tri-trans, etc? 

EDIT: I ask because noobs want to feel helpful and combat is super overwhelming, just in its speed, let alone everything else. 
    Orus
  • edited April 2013

Areka said:
    Would those of you who really know the ins and outs of your classes consider staged guides? 

IE, A guide for tri-skilled, just basics, a guide for tri-virt, then for tri-trans, etc? 

EDIT: I ask because noobs want to feel helpful and combat is super overwhelming, just in its speed, let alone everything else. 
    In a related note:  Learning order suggestions.  Also,learning suggestions for "bashing  focus" if its different than "PK  focus" for example. 

I get that we're looking at "What you need to be combat ready" but the other stuff is important too, and good guides would be super helpful. Especially with multclassing. 

Edit: Something else I noticed, if  the threads containing info get updated, its hard to tell where.   Maybe a changelog post chronicling changes. would be a good idea for each thread.
  • edited April 2013
    I would love to see a Carnifex one of these made up. I know the class but I am not writing one as I am no fighter as of yet. Then again all I do is mostly fire soul poison, spinslash (kelp|paralysis|stupdity envenom stacks) and let hound given hidden afflictions from bites. Once I get them behind I reave, otherwise .... yeah!! Maybe impale if I need to slow them up and target arms to stop them hitting me!! So yeah a good solid guide would be nice.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Well then, in regards to ^ That right there, I'm gonna call out @Luna since you're likely the most competent Carnifex combatant to write out a guide for it. If you're willing to write one, that is. 
    Mastema
  • ^ This would be wonderful to see explained in a post, as I know I am not the only one who relies on a few simple tactics and struggles with the class lack of real raze/slash.
  • edited April 2013
    <P>Doubling up here, sorry.</P>
    <P>I just wanted to encourge others to post combat logs on this site so low-mid fighters like me can see these tactics being used first hand. I have heaps on there and would love feedback, and to foster a better pk atmosphere for low-high range fighters. Thanks.</P>
    <P><A href="http://www.logsty.com/">http://www.logsty.com</A></P>
    Alastair
    edited April 2013
    Bumping this. 

Class Guide directory can now be found on the first post!
  • Ezrax's Guide to Cabalists: Tweak? Tweak.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Didn't tweak fast enough? LEVELING.
    Ezrax