Entropy Curing System

ElyniElyni New Zealand
edited October 2014 in Tech Talk
-Note for everyone: The system is for MUDLET- -It is also FREE. Though I do accept donations, of course!-

Please head over to http://entropysys.weebly.com to see everything related to the system. (Site is a placeholder until I can setup elsewhere. It still has everything, though!) Biggest news is that from here on out, you no longer need to constantly check the thread to see if there's an update available, as the system will perform that check for you upon logging into the game.

Last updated: 21/10/14 (ver 3.3) - Most updates will be on the website only - when I'm feeling generous, I will put it here on the forums.
SlypheMoireanDamonicusTreydenRiluoAliceSreoSoramizuXenia

Comments

• Already have a system, but if I didn't and could use Mudlet, I'd be down! Thank you on behalf of the newbies and non-coding alike who will benefit from this.

Kudos to you and your dedication!
    (I'll probably be linking this in the Templar Combat clan for usage too!)
  • so where is the download?
  • Elyni, you're awesome. 

Moirean
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand

Xenia said:
    Elyni, you're awesome. 
    Figured I'd put it up so @Moirean / @Toz don't need to ask me if I can give it to new Carni novices who're looking for one to use :P
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    As suggested by @Treyden (and overlooked by me, before releasing it) - Now updated with functional toggling of Mana/Health priorities. (also updated syntax to reflect this)
  • TabithaTabitha Lawrence, KS
    Thank you so much!
  • @Elyni it was no problem giving you the idea, as I said in the message I just sent you, I couldn't figure out how to do it on the current system I'm using, and couldn't find any hint or anything to reflect it when I searched the scripts/triggers/aliases for it. If I can think of anything else I will be sure to let you know, but so far it looks like its going to be rather nice to use, can't wait to play around with it :)

• @Elyni I finally got the chance to actually play around with Entropy and its really good, I've changed a few things with the UI just for personal use and such, however I do have one problem and was wondering if you would mind helping me fix it, or if its already fixed/added tell me how to turn it on, but I was wondering if you could help me add in something for transmuting, its something that saves my butt everytime I get low health wise and such.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited February 2014

I had a look at the system for you mate. I think this tweak will fix it. I rewrote your sipper script, so copy your old one onto a note pad and replace it with mine. The tweak I made should fire transmute once you are below 40% health and still have at least 60% mana. So add what I wrote if it fails put the original script back and post here saying what error you get, this way we can help you.

The script is found under the folders in this order: SCRIPTS-KSYS-SYSTEM-HOOKS-Action Functions- sipper

This is the script I tweaked for you, hope it helps.

http://pastebin.com/tXwKVhm0 

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Also, as far as I'm aware, Elyni has stepped away from the game/isn't playing/she gone/whatever you want to call it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Riluo
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited February 2014
    @Toz, MIA, for the most part. I'm still available to help with this, whenever it's needed...
    @Riluo, thanks for the help. (Fair word of warning, there's other scripts you need to alter, in order to make 'new' limiters. Can't just do activateLimiter("whatever") and have it work as you might want it to. Basically, the entire sipper script woulda blown up with spam using what you did :P - Still appreciate the help, though )

Sidenote: @Treyden

Changelog Release v1.1 -> Release 1.2

Added toggling of moss/kidney usage.
     (Mainly for bashing lowbie areas and not wasting it)
     >SETTING USEMOSS/USEKIDNEY ON/OFF

Added (hopefully) support for usage of Kaido Transmute ability.
     (Unsure if this will work in blackout, feel free to let me know)
     >SETTING TMUTE_USE ON/OFF to enable/disable it
     >SETTING TMUTE_THRESHOLD # to set the % of max health threshold
       (tmute_threshold 50 for example, will ensure it will only use if you drop below 50% health
       --> Will not use if you're below 50% mana
        --> Will transmute as much as it takes, to get you back to 50% health (or whatever it is set to)
         --> More functionality coming soon, when I get more time.

If you use it, download the new one, uninstall your current and then install from the new copy (settings -should- remain intact!)

Feel free to tell me if there's any issues, and I'll get it sorted ASAP.
    XeniaTreyden
  • TreydenTreyden Alabama
    edited February 2014
    @Elyni I think I broke it, because I can't toggle transmuting :(

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Treyden said:
    @Elyni I think I broke it, because I can't toggle transmuting :(
    Odd. Seems changing the setting wasn't working for me, either, using that command.

Reuploaded.

use 'xmute' to toggle it on and off. Just 'xmute', no need to add on/off to the end of it.
    use 'xmute <number>' to change the threshold for it.

Should work as per usual again.
  • Hello. I came across this system tonight after having used Hado's STP for a few years.

I have some questions about the system that's not covered through the use of SYSTEM to locate some kind of documentation:

1. How do I set up a list of defences to use automatically upon logging in? I've looked through everything for some kind of idea how this system works.

Hado's STP automatically puts up the defences I need for my class for example.

2. Is there a gauge somewhere I can turn on to track my blood usage? I didn't see one inside the folder containing the gauges.

3. I did not see a tracking window listing all of the defences I have up already. I only have the one that lists the missing defences, but not the ones I have up already.

Many thanks for this system and help!
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Saavik

1. I do not ever plan to add such a function. I despise people who find it necessary to randomly spam the crap out of anyone who happens to be standing in the room. If you're really so desperate to do it, simply make a trigger with the following:

Line: Password correct. Welcome to Aetolia.
    code: tempTimer(1, [[expandAlias("defup")]])

2. Easily doable, just edit the code of whichever gauge you feel like replacing it with. I keep the gauges to show the necessary bars only (blood is arguably a necessity to vampires, but not really something that requires a gauge to track, since it doesn't drop extremely fast or anything.)

3. Change the code in the missing defences box, to show the deflist, as opposed to missingdefs. I made it the way it is simply because since the system defs up all your available defences, aside from mana draining ones, it's easy to tell which ones you have up just by looking at the ones you're missing. It also shows if you're missing rebounding and mass, so.

-In regards to point 1. I refuse to add in any things which I disagree with to my system. You're more than welcome to add stuff, but don't blame me if things break. It's the reason I've not added an autobasher* to the system, despite knowing full well how to code a fully efficient one.-

* - Something that navigates area to area / around areas and such. Not something that just auto attacks for you.
     -Could prolly have auto targeting implemented, but that'll be the limit of what I'd put in.
  • @Elyni

Thank you for your response.

I personally don't like autobashing and probably won't modify this system for that purpose. There's no challenge in hunting if autobashing is used right?

As for Blood, I prefer it to be shown in the prompt than in a gauge because that's where I would like to see it in. I'll see about adding it to the custom prompt provided by the system.

Well, that does answer my questiion about putting up defences at login. I'm curious if there is a way to keep some defences refreshed when they go down such as Celerity?

Thanks.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    You can disable the showing of the systems custom prompt. just use SETTING to view all the system settings, and find which one is the custom prompt (been awhile since I used it myself. Fairly sure it uses it, though) - You can always make your own custom prompt (HELP PROMPT CUSTOM, or something along those lines)

Currently, the way the system handles redeffing things like rebounding, caloric and such is by adding them as an affliction then 'curing' the 'affliction' by doing the action to put the defence up. But that requires you to edit a bunch of code, too.

You can just make a trigger to redef it, by using the fading line as your trigger and using expandAlias("do <whatever the action to put up celerity is>")
  • Hi! So, I just downloaded the system. I haven't really started putting it to the test yet, but I was hoping a quick answer if anyone can.

I'm not a big fan of over complicated GUIs(Or mudlet mapper, which makes me a bit of a fan of this system), so is there a quick and easy way to get rid of the left info bar and the gauges? I know how to size demonic's chat stuff, and I am pretty sure I can figure out how to size the map window.

Thanks in advance.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Yurii

Find the 'Login Resets' trigger, and remove the line that says:
      makeUI()

Find the 'Login' trigger.
     The one with this line: Enter an option or enter your character's name.
    again, remove makeUI()

Finally, find the Prompt trigger (the one under the Bashing folder)
    remove this line:
      updateGauges()

That should turn it off. If not, then remove the entire GUI script folder after taking those lines out.
    I'll put in an option to not have those, when I've a bit more time to work on it.

• I have a question about one of the aliases I noticed and became curious about it.

What is the purpose of DEFLIST? I used this alias on the assumption that it would search through the lists of abilities I have as a class and in general (Survival, Vision, etc) and then set them up. I could be wrong.

Thanks for any more help you can provide for this alias.
  • uh i noticed the teradrim stuff seems to be out of date and I don't have a clue what I need to change all in all, I was wondering if there was perhaps an update or perhaps someone could explain what I need to change, I would be really grateful, did try working it out for myself but I didn't actually change anything because i didn't want to miss anything important out or end up messing things up
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Saavik said:
    I have a question about one of the aliases I noticed and became curious about it.

What is the purpose of DEFLIST? I used this alias on the assumption that it would search through the lists of abilities I have as a class and in general (Survival, Vision, etc) and then set them up. I could be wrong.

Thanks for any more help you can provide for this alias.
    Was in the system before I took it over. So can't really help you out on that. I'd have to say it's just a bit more indepth version of your defences. Showing you the possible ones you have, and what skillsets they're a part of.

@Malphas. Give me the following:
    Defences.
    If they take equilibrium / balance to put up.
    If they require equilibrium / balance to put up.
    The line for it when it's put up ( When you use the syntax to apply the defence )
    As well as the line that it shows when you type DEF

Example:
    Putrefaction
     -Requires equilibrium and balance to put up.
     -Uses equilibrium to put up.
     -You concentrate for a moment and your flesh begins to dissolve away, becoming slimy and wet. (Line for applying defence)
     -You are bathed in the glorious protection of decaying flesh. (Line that shows in DEF)

If you can give me all of that, for each of your defences, I can add them in. Might take a day or two, though.
  • uh i'm far from tri-trans, but here are the defences I do know and can put up

Resonance
    -uses equilibrium to put up
    you close your eyes and focus on the steady thrum of the earth below you as you bring your soul into resonance with it
    -your soul is resonating with the earth

Stonebind
    -uses balance
    -you punch your arms into the earth, casting them within a thin layer of supple stone
    -your arms have been bound in stone

surefooted
    -uses balance
    -drawing on your connection with the elemental earth, you feel your feet drawn downward, steadying your footing
    -you are concentrating on maintaining a sure foot

conceal
    -uses equilibrium
    -sand wreathes itself around your feet, softening your footsteps
    -sand is softening your footsteps

uh thats all i can do, don't really know how I can help finding out the rest, theres no rush to add them, thank you though, really grateful
  • I'll msg you teradrim @Elyni
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Really like this system. Much better than the one I pieced together myself for the web client.

Couple of questions though;

1) How do I set my mount? I have tried changing the value in the settings but it's still trying to mount "0" even after restarting mudlet.
    2) My map screen is not auto updating and it just showing the room descriptions appended to the bottom of the ascii map.

Also, not sure why but my chat seems to enjoy displaying the same message twice if it's on the "all" tab.

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    @Xirien Hmm, it's working for me... You sure you're setting it right? 'setting horse <mountid>' is what you want...

[spoiler]<<>Entropy<>> : Entities - Horse changed to 123456
    That is not a valid command. Type HELP BASECOMMANDS for a list of common commands.
    [H:3418|M:3198|E:100][B:0][db-eb][915821/2228957]
    That is not a valid command. Type HELP BASECOMMANDS for a list of common commands.
    What do you wish to mount?
    [H:3418|M:3198|E:100][B:0][db-eb][915821/2228957]rh
    recall 123456
    recall mount
    mount 123456
    What do you wish to mount?
    [H:3418|M:3198|E:100][B:0][db-eb][915821/2228957] [/spoiler]

As for point 2, I'm not sure on your problem there, since I've never encountered it, but I've recently rewritten the UI as well as a lot of the settings changing to make it all easier, and will release it when I come back (hopefully in a week or so).
    The double says will be addressed in the UI rewriting as well [that's a known issue with the tabchat, when the 'all' tab is enabled]
  • @elyni Thanks for the update, I've reinstalled the system to undo my changes and the horse/hound stuff works!

The map capture works when I do CONFIG MAPVIEW ON but then it does not display any room info. I can live without that as I'll just use the mudlet mapper.

The locs command works but the goto link does not - I assume this is a legacy part of the system and is why it's not working, maybe something to do with the mapping commands?

Last thing;

I altered the sipping and clotting values (using "setting health 90", without quotes), it has broken everything; bashing, sipping, clot, cure and defup...

Tried reverting the changes but no luck. Tried restarting mudlet, also nothing. Paused and restarted the system to no avail.

I removed the system completely and re-installed from fresh in the hopes that it would cure it but it's still dead.

Debug does not show anything when manually sipping apart from something like;
     (entropy): health limiter deactivated

In client error checker says that autoclot is trying to compare a number to a string but I've checked/changed it a couple of times since getting the error and it's definitely looks numeric (although I havent tried doing math on it to be 100% sure).

Ideas?

I love this system but it's starting to give me a headache. All fun though!

Thanks again.
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Ooo, I want dis. Wish I could use it. Kudos for sharing @Elyni‌ !
    Oleis
  • edited April 2014
    ok; fresh install and download of EVERYTHING. Still getting errors;

multiline trigger name=Prompt *FIRES* all conditons are fullfilled. Executing script.
    LUA: ERROR running script Prompt (Trigger745) ERROR:[string "function salve_poultice_cure()..."]:5:
    attempt to index field 'salve_poultice' (a nil value)

------

Further to that, sipping is not working;

sip health
    You take a drink of an elixir of health from an aphotic vial.
    The elixir heals and soothes you.
    <<>Entropy<>> : (( balance lost: heal ))
    <<>Entropy<>> : Heal limiter deactivated.
    H:2926(73%) M:3700(100%) W:17400(100%) E:19608(100%) XP:57.08% [db eb] +891h
    You may drink another health or mana elixir.
    <<>Entropy<>> : (( balance returned: heal ))
    <<>Entropy<>> : Heal limiter deactivated.
    H:2926(73%) M:3700(100%) W:17400(100%) E:19608(100%) XP:57.08% [db eb]

really bugging me..

#######################

I've just seen a glimpse of V1.2 and it's really nice looking. Good work Elyni