Entropy Curing System

Comments

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited November 2014
    And done! - You all should be good to update, now.

Fixed:
    - Login issue with the new rapture upgrade.
    - Standing issues with GMCP (I think, from my testing with it)

Changed:
    - Dramatically altered the GUI, as seen in the images below.

Clicking the little ? at the top will display a menu like so. (Image also shows what displaying of mobiles / players looks like)

Hunting will track your hunting 'progress' (this will reset when you choose to display it / click the button)
    -Note: Crit percentage is based on total hits. 2x %/ 4x%/ etc are based on your critical hits.

And finally a simple combat tracking feature (currently does not track target afflictions, as I do not have the time nor desire to do such.)

• I like the new GUI, though only one suggestion : The status bars are pretty dark and take some effort to read, maybe tweak it a bit?

Politics
  • Elyni said:

Holy geez, I thought my screen was small ._.
    Alternatively, you can go into the tab chat script and change the characters per line (width) and the amount of lines it keeps (height) within the config part of the script.

(highly late but whatever)

You do @Elyni. I play on a 32" tv now, and omg it's wonderful. I love it haha.

• ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited December 2014
    Good way to ruin your eyes. But to each their own, I suppose.

Personally- my laptop is not only faster than a /lot/ of computers nowadays, but was also cheaper, and portable. So I'm fine with the 17.5" screen.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Elyni said:

Good way to ruin your eyes. But to each their own, I suppose.

Personally- my laptop is not only faster than a /lot/ of computers nowadays, but was also cheaper, and portable. So I'm fine with the 17.5" screen.

Wutchu packin' yo
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited December 2014
    Custom built one, which we put together for computer project. Get to keep it if we pass our exams :P
    IshinDragos
  • Hey, so I just started using Entropy and it's pretty good. I am having just one problem though. It cannot capture certain voxes in tells. I've tried enabling the Tells prefix or adding a new regex for that specific prefix but nothing seems to get sent through to the tabbed chat. Is there a solution for this?
    Malchus said:

Hey, so I just started using Entropy and it's pretty good. I am having just one problem though. It cannot capture certain voxes in tells. I've tried enabling the Tells prefix or adding a new regex for that specific prefix but nothing seems to get sent through to the tabbed chat. Is there a solution for this?

It's probably because Elyni just doesn't have all of the particular voxes in her tells-capture script. Take a look at filtering for it, and just add it in a similar pattern. If you can't figure it out yourself, post here and I'll take a look at it and let you know how to fix it :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited December 2014
    Voxes shouldn't matter should they? Its a gmcp.
    Also elyni needs to get inducted to the clan so I can hand it off. Anyone should be able to induct so just ask anyone in clanhelp entropy for an induction. I can't change lead until she's in the clan.
    Moirean said:

Voxes shouldn't matter should they? Its a gmcp.

It depends on how she captures them. You can do it with a trigger of the line and stuff, or via GMCP. I know I've had to add a few into my own system, so it's no surprise that Entropy might be missing one or two of the less-used voxes.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    It uses line capture, as well as GMCP to decide on what tab it should be sent to... I got all the lines from a post Daskalos made, so it might be missing one or two of the lesser known ones, as Ishin said. Feel free to use the EBUG command to send it to me. (I think that's the right command, been awhile since I made it / seen it used)
    @Elyni - In the newest version of Entropy, how would I go about making the chat capture and map and IH info smaller? I have a guildmate who isn't very good with mudlet, but wants a quality system, so we pointed them to yours. But, they use a pretty small screen, so they want to make the main display a little bigger. Is there a way to do it??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Change the width/height percentages of whichever things you want to decrease the size of. Font etc all scales down automatically.
  • More out of curiosity (it's changed a lot since version 3!) I fired it up on a couple of computers. Looks fine on a 1366x768 15" screen.

I looked at the UI build, and some of the dimensions/positions are in pixels rather than percentages.

On a smaller higher res screen (10" 1920x1080) it's terrible. That might seem like a silly extreme - but what if someone has one of any number of 2.5k-4k 13" screens that are out there now?

I looked at the UI build, and some of the dimensions/positions are in pixels rather than percentages - such as the right border being 450.

Obviously, it's up to the individual to tweak your UI if they need it - so I'm not suggesting you do that work for anyone. Just, if you do more UI updates/reworks in the future, maybe consider that.

On a positive note: Entropy has a come a long way and has some really neat features. Well done and thanks for giving your hard work to everyone. You're the best.
    Ishin
    Elyni said:

Change the width/height percentages of whichever things you want to decrease the size of. Font etc all scales down automatically.

Will this automatically increase the size of the main window??
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • CylanoCylano Phoenix, AZ
    edited January 2015
    @Ishin I actually tweaked the UI in v3 to make the gauges and the various windows to be Geyser VBoxes and HBoxes which automatically scale based on the size of the Mudlet window. If you're interested I can post a bit more technically how I did it. However, I haven't upgraded to v4 yet... I'm intending to do that as soon as I get a quiet evening, but the theory should be the same.

EDIT: This business is what changes the main window size, Under Scripts->Entropy->Other Additions->Elyni UI->makeUI()

local w,h = getMainWindowSize()

function setBorders()
    setBorderLeft(w/3.9)
    setBorderTop(h/10)
    setBorderBottom(h/10)
    setBorderRight(w/4.2)
    end
    I don't remember if Elyni does this to set the main window size originally...
  • He dont want the window size changing he wants the Map/Comm box size changing.. :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Entropy 4 has a completely different UI, it seems.
    The borders are set directly with direct pixel counts.
    Ah. I'll probably make a similar change there then, and I can post what I do as soon as I switch to v4. It might be useful for @Elyni‌ anyways, as my change basically makes the UI device agnostic.
    Just a reminder about the clan. I've been indicting in newbies who use it so they can ask for help and stuff.
    Okie dokie, I got v4 up and running (It looks great! Love the changing tracker, cool to have while hunting!).

@Ishin‌ this is what your friend should do to make the side bar areas smaller:

There are two files you need to edit. The first is Scripts->Entropy->GUI->Create_Layout

The five numbers I'm indicating need to be made smaller, and they need to be the same number. You could try 300, or something like that.

The second file you'd need to change is Scripts->Entropy->GUI->Additional Layout

The four numbers I'm indicating also need to be made smaller, but your friend should experiment with the proportions he needs. However, they will need to decrease these numbers by an amount proportional to however much they decreased the size of the elements in the first step.

If 300 is the number they chose in step one, then a good set of numbers to pick from top to bottom is 110, 106, 200, 196.

As long as they just change those numbers, it should have the desired effect. I tested it on mine, and it looks fine, albeit a little squished since some a lot of elements' widths are being set with pixel values.

Also, I reached out to one of the people in the clan to induct me, so hopefully I'll be on there soon...
    Moirean
  • What is the clan name? I have some questions.
    The clan name is Entropy :)
  • So I'm going to go ahead and give this a shot just to keep my butt alive while I re-acclimate to combat. Who would I contact to get into the clan for questions?
    Tahl said:

So I'm going to go ahead and give this a shot just to keep my butt alive while I re-acclimate to combat. Who would I contact to get into the clan for questions?

Try @Moirean. If not her, she'll know who to ask.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • So a quick question about Entropy, well a couple quick questions really. First and foremost, to the person who created it, are you opposed to someone taking bits and pieces to integrate within their own system? If you are OK with that, does Entropy have an affliction tracker? I'm talking about tracking the enemies afflictions, preferably through the curatives they are using, I won't have discernment for a couple weeks. I just finished my own curing, and after that fiasco I am willing to take any shortcuts I can for the rest of this darned thing.
  • the affliction tracker for what I been hearing is broken and doesn't work. @Azzello
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    edited February 2015
    I run the clan right now, but anyone on CLANHELP ENTROPY can induct. Elyni still isn't in it, as our times haven't meshed. :(

Also, just a general invite to anyone good with mudlet who wants to sit in and serve as a resident helpful person - just hit up anyone on CLANHELP ENTROPY and then ping me and I'll have you there as advisory to assist people trying to tweak stuff.
    Riluo
  • I've installed entropy to my alt, but it didn't work so well.
    How do I get it to work correctly?