Pacifist with a pinch of vengeance

TeaniTeani Shadow MistressSweden
I was off hunting a little with Sessizlik, who is a semi-pacifist. Essentially this means she only hunts things that have fewer than 2 or more than 4 legs. We're in the Raugol fissure and she's hunting skitterers and ravagers when coming across the mephits. Of course she can't hunt these, because of the leg count, so Teani offers to take care of them. They die pretty quickly by her hand too, which seems to impress Sessizlik, and she becomes just a little bit cocky.

A stonescale mephit lunges forward with a hiss, biting down hard on your arm before tearing its head away with a mouthful of flesh.
You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.

Sessizlik waves goodbye at a stonescale mephit.

You point a simple flute-like staff at a stonescale mephit, and cause a bolt of lightning to cascade out and roar screaming into it. The lightning bolt finishes a stonescale mephit off, and as it dies, its eyeballs explode from their sockets with the fury of the storm.
You have slain a stonescale mephit.
The mephit hits the ground with an anguished, mewling screech as it buckles beneath the onslaught, exploding in a shower of dust and ash.

You snicker under your breath.

As Sessizlik points a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes at a scything skitterer, 
a scintilla of bright, burning light shoots out, striking it with focused elemental power.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Die die die!"

She continues attacking.

You raise a hand to your mouth, stifling a laugh.

You say, "That doesn't really make you sound like a pacifist, you know."

Sessizlik murmurs to you, "I put Valingar's face on them."

Sessizlik peers about herself suspiciously.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Works well when hunting!"

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.
After hunting a little while longer, chasing down areas where her kind of prey exists (Mamashi tunnel nalas and the things in the Khauskin lake) this happens, which just makes Sessizlik even more adorable:

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "I have found a loophole!"

You blink.
You say, "A loophole?"

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Spirits and such are very hazy. 
You can't really see their legs."

The corners of Sessizlik's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.
(She starts moving and brings us to Drakuum)

You say, "You found a loophole in your own beliefs that you are exploiting? Do you have 
any idea how strange that is?"

(We come across one of the Drakuum apparitions.)

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "See, this one is mostly just a 
grey mist."

Sessizlik stares at you and pointedly says nothing at all.

Look apparition
Cold with the touch of death, this strange grey mist has no detailed features, simply 
flowing together upon itself in a cloud of hatred. From time to time, the figure of what 
was once a Daru zealot can be seen forming in the center of the cloud, its face one of 
controlled anger.
A misty apparition looks weak and feeble.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "I'm not strange. It's perfectly 
logical!"

You cover your mouth with your hand, hiding an amused grin.
You nod your head solemnly.
You say, "That one looked a bit like a daru though, didn't you think?"
You say, "But yeah... mostly a cloud."

Sessizlik takes a deep breath, settling infront of you. "It's not my beliefs, per say. I 
was brought up like this. It's in my blood." She plops a bull's eye into her mouth, 
narrowing her eyes at the apparition. "I was blinking, so no." Gesturing wildly, she 
continues. "So I'm not finding loopholes in -my- beliefs, but in those of my upbringing. 
And these are mists!"

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Mostly mists, and with no legs, so 
perfectly legal!"
Sessizlik beams broadly.
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "See? Logic!"

"Riiight!" Teani says slowly, then nods her head in exaggerated understanding.

Sessizlik narrows her eyes and spits a venemous "Pfft."

You say, "Well, go on then!"

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "It's a perfectly valid logic."

Sessizlik nods her head emphatically.

Then she gets to work on the legless apparitions, all of which take on the appearance of Daru zealots from time to time.

While casting reflections to protect Sessizlik, Teani mutters softly to herself, "Must be blinking an awful lot."

Sessizlik peers at you suspiciously.
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "I'm a girl. We blink a lot. You have to agree with that at least?!"

Sessizlik clears her throat.

Teani's eyes shift from side to side. "Um... it's a female thing? I'm sure I've seen men blink too..."

Nalor, black-furred, bounds in from the south.
Nalor runs northeast, black fur melding with any shadows.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light exclaims, "True. And they probably never see a daru in there eith... hey!"

She starts moving here, chasing after Nalor. Catching up to him, she grumbles and leaves the room.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "He's the culprit, I'm sure."
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "No legs there either."
Sessizlik nods her head at herself.
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Possibly a burnt stump."

Glances after Nalor, you ask, "No legs on him? I... what?"

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Burnt stumps!"

"Right, right!" Teani says hurriedly. "Stumps." She nods her head. She clearly doesn't want to get into an argument here.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Check this one."

Sessizlik points accusingly at a gnarled spirit.
Every feature of this being has been burned to a ragged crisp, its nose and lips, every 
scrap of flesh melted to a uniform layer of spectral matter, leaving it flickering in and 
out of existence. The Priest's eyes have been removed, leaving two black pits in its skull 
as it shrieks, horrifying in its appearance and seeking its final rest and an escape from 
this damning existence.
A gnarled spirit looks weak and feeble.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "He's all burnt, and I dun see any 
legs."

You think for a moment before nodding slowly.

Sessizlik nods her head sagely.
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Exactly."

You say, "I thought for a second you meant Nalor."

Sessizlik giggles happily.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "I'm sure you can stump him for me."

"Eep!" Sessizlik screams in fright.
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "Darkling!"
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "This is a bit overwhelming!"

You point a simple flute-like staff at a darkling, and cause a bolt of lightning to cascade out and roar screaming into it.
You have scored an ANNIHILATING CRITICAL hit!!! The lightning bolt finishes a darkling off, and as he dies, his eyeballs explode from their sockets with the fury of the storm.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "I mean... We rock!"

You grin mischievously at Sessizlik.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "What's that thing the Spireans say? Would sound suitable right now."

You tilt your head curiously.

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light says, "They have this sound they make.."

You say, "Hroagh?"

Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light exclaims, "Croak! Or Shroo or.. yes! Hroagh!"
Elemancer Sessizlik Quintus, Ambassador of Light exclaims, "Hroagh!"
Sessizlik flexes her muscles in an attempted display of strength.

Even on hunting trips, she's just awesome.

MoireanSessizlikJaslinePiper

Comments